Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? (10615 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Is It Good For A Good Christian To Eat Sallah Meat / Can Christians Eat Sallah Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 06, 2011
I want to know the views of fellow Christians on eating of Sallah meat, thank you.   .   .smiley

is it RIGHT or WRONG?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Joagbaje(m): 2:10am On Nov 07, 2011
A christian can eat anything .Meat is meat. cool
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by olawalebabs(m): 9:18am On Nov 07, 2011
Will like to hear people opinion on this.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Image123(m): 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2011
Be careful
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2011
Subscribing!
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2011
OlowoTee:

I want to know the views of fellow Christians on eating of Sallah meat, thank you.   .   .smiley

is it RIGHT or WRONG?

Hi OlowoTee,

Watch how this missionary dealt with the "table set before him in the presence of his enemies"

The gods are dead (Part 4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZUWQnc80tI

Read Col. 2:16 and 1 Tim. 4:4-5 for elaboration.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by plappville(f): 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2011
Be lead by the Spirit!
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Joagbaje(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2011
Even though I won't eat such, but in dealing with facts ,it's not a sin.

1 Corinthians 10:27
27 If one of the unbelievers invites you over and you want to go, eat everything that is set before you, without raising questions of conscience.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by plappville(f): 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

Even though I won't eat such, but in dealing with facts ,it's not a sin.

1 Corinthians 10:27
27 If one of the unbelievers invites you over and you want to go, eat everything that is set before you, without raising questions of conscience.

Even when the Juju eople do thier festival, u are to honour thier invitation and eat everything?
Like the BENIN'S IGWE FESTIVAL WHERE THEY DO ALOT OF SACRIFIES TO THEIR GODS AND AT THE END THEY COOK DIFFERENTS KIND OF FOOD, WILL THIS BIBLIC VERSE BE VALID??
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Joagbaje(m): 12:36am On Nov 08, 2011
You heard me say I won't do it. We are just considering biblical facts. God created all things.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Image123(m): 1:09am On Nov 08, 2011
Don't eat what is not good for your health.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14am On Nov 08, 2011
Image123:

Don't eat what is not good for your health.

Image, you mean if you find yourself in the situation that missionary in the videoclip I posted earlier would you not do the same?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 08, 2011
Everyone
Many thanks for your responses. i appreciate.
really i got thinking yesterday after I turned down an offer of some sallah meat from a neighbour. wink
At first I was hesitant cos I wouldn't want to hurt them, and at the same time, I wouldn't want to go contrarily to my Christian stance! I grew up in a very strict Christian home where such offers were never condoned -you don't collect sallah meat nor should you be found eating it~~ reasons for this wasn't well communicated to us then as kids.

When I was confronted with the meat, i was confused on what i needed to say. it was my first time been confronted.   .   .   .~ at that moment all that came to my mind was that the [i]sacrifice of ram [/i]was no longer needed since Jesus has been offered up on the cross, He is our sacrificial Lamb and at such, we don't partake anymore in abrahamic sacrifice of rams~

@OLAADEGBULU
thanks for the video clip, however, that scenario is pretty different from this, i-think~ $#while one is an annual feast, the other is an happenstance. or dont you think so?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Image123(m): 1:20am On Nov 08, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Image, you mean if you find yourself in the situation that missionary in the videoclip I posted earlier would you not do the same?
Ha OLA, that missionary's food looks good for my health o!
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36am On Nov 08, 2011
My sister, you are free to eat if you choose to or not to eat if your conscience forbids you, but if you are to eat make sure you bless and santify it (with thanksgiving) as that missionary in the videoclip did.  wink
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38am On Nov 08, 2011
Image123:

Ha OLA, that missionary's food looks good for my health o!

My broda, that's what I will call divine provision and answer to his prayers. cheesy
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Knight1(m): 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2011
plappville:

Even when the Juju eople do thier festival, u are to honour thier invitation and eat everything?
Like the BENIN'S IGWE FESTIVAL WHERE THEY DO ALOT OF SACRIFIES TO THEIR GODS AND AT THE END THEY COOK DIFFERENTS KIND OF FOOD, WILL THIS BIBLIC VERSE BE VALID??
dOEs there ever arise an occasion or come a time when a bible verse becomes invalid?
i think this issue has been addresses very very extensively in scripture for it to still be a matter of debate in this present time.
Sanctify it and give thanks and Eat!!!!
HOwever if you are not persuaded in your mind, don't eat. only don't make it a law for other people not to!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by plappville(f): 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2011
Knight1:

dOEs there ever arise an occasion or come a time when a bible verse becomes invalid?
i think this issue has been addresses very very extensively in scripture for it to still be a matter of debate in this present time.
Sanctify it and give thanks and Eat!!!!
HOwever if you are not persuaded in your mind, don't eat. only don't make it a law for other people not to!

A bible chapter/verse is always valid, the fact is that I ve never come across this verse in the bible, so i was surpised.
Anyway, in the case of the video, there is every need to eat, or else, i do as my spirit directs me.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2011
Almost everyone seems to be saying same thing.   .   .bless & eat it.  .santify it & eat!! Wow! I wish i could. smiley #not just used to, really.

And, i have decided to throw this question open so i could learn more and not tag 'unclean' what God 'approves'. Howbeit, just as Plappville stated we need to guide our conducts.   .   . as the Spirit leads.! That's the keyword. smiley

thanks to you, all. x
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Image123(m): 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2011
OlowoTee:

Almost everyone seems to be saying same thing. . .bless & eat it. .santify it & eat!! Wow! I wish i could. smiley #not just used to, really.

And, i have decided to throw this question open so i could learn more and not tag 'unclean' what God 'approves'. Howbeit, just as Papville stated we need to guide our conducts. . . as the Spirit leads.! That's the keyword. smiley

Don't go yet, on second thoughts, i think it would be a good idea that YOU do not eat. Plus, this sallah meat is not exactly 'what God has cleansed' but more rather what you(the individual) has cleansed. That scripture you quoted refers to we the gentiles in the real context, not to sallah meats. In many cases, we shouldn't eat or drink the cup of devils and of the Lord, and if we do, it should not harden the conscience of the giver like has been so done by many this particular sallah.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
OlowoTee:

Almost everyone seems to be saying same thing.   .   .bless & eat it.  .santify it & eat!! Wow! I wish i could. smiley #not just used to, really.

All things are lawful but all things are not expedient.  Even though it is lawful for you to eat meat sacrificed to idols you don't have to necessary eat it especially if it goes against your conviction.

OlowoTee:

And, i have decided to throw this question open so i could learn more and not tag 'unclean' what God 'approves'. Howbeit, just as Plappville stated we need to guide our conducts.   .   . as the Spirit leads.! That's the keyword. smiley

thanks to you, all. x

As Image123 has noted, God does not approve of meat sacrificed to idols (Acts 15:29).  We have the liberty in Christ to eat or not as we may choose but this can be done considering our brethren's conviction (1 Cor. 8:4-13).

I think that if Paul saw a Jew approaching, he would hide his ham sandwich behind his back so as not to cause a stumbling block for his fellow brother.  As Christians we are to be our brothers' or is it sisters' keeper.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2011
Thanks for ur insightful contributions. smiley i appreciate. somehow it's not just right with my conviction to eat it. Subconsciously, I've tagged it 'unclean' since my childhood. Pls, mind the use of the quotation marks on unclean and approves in my previous post. #imaginary# since, i still don't see God approving of such sacrifice on the altar,

And, if God doesn't approve, then why should i partake in the feast and make merry with them? IMO.

This is where the puzzle for me has been detached. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by lomprico(m): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2022
plappville:

Yes
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
lomprico:
Yes
The right passages are from the gospel where Jesus Christ explained to those of the Kingdom of God who are His followers that what you eat does not defile you or cause you to sin and you will eat poison and it will not harm you - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 9 - 23 & Mark 16 vs 15 - 17. Anyone, who doesn't live in continuous submission and obedience of the Kingdom of God would likely end up poisoned if care not taken. undecided
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by euphoria: 10:38am On Jul 11, 2022
Joagbaje:
You heard me say I won't do it. We are just considering biblical facts. God created all things.
Please read the next verse 1 Corinthians 10:28 - But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience.

The continuation says if it has been offered in sacrifice, do not eat. Just sharing for completeness of the passage you shared.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by advocatejare(m): 11:23am On Jul 11, 2022
Non-Jews were enjoined to keep 3 laws, one of which is to avoid meats offered to idols:

An idol is any gods who is not Yahweh, the Holy One of Israel. Yahweh is not Allah. Allah is the pagan moon god of the Quarysh tribe of Mecca

Today Muslims worldwide will offer animal sacrifice to Allah as they do every year.

The animal to be slaughtered must face Qibla, their direction of prayers, they must chant the name of the pagan Arab god, Allah on it.

The practice is not after what Abraham did, that is the lie from the pit of hell.

Abraham didn’t share the animal he killed, he offered it as a burnt offering

Abraham didn’t do yearly animal killings!

Abraham slaughtered only ram, In Islam camel is ranked number one animal to be slaughtered.

Muslims are always quick to say that the Bible condemns eating of pig but the Bible also condemns eating of camel that Muslims use as sacrifice and eat

Leviticus 11:4
There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you

Muslims animal sacrifice has nothing to do with Abraham but with the pagan practice of Abdulmuttalib, the grandfather of Muhammad who used 100 camels to ransom the life of Abdullahi, Muhammad’s father to his pagan moon god Hubal/Allah
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2022
advocatejare:
Non-Jews were enjoined to keep 3 laws, one of which is to avoid meats offered to idols:
Those laws were given for non-jews living among the Jews in Judea/Israel. Read well the letter that the disciples sent to see that it was limited to those Christians who lived within a geographical location of which you and I currently don't exist in. undecided

Stop letting your hate for Muslims continue to keep you in darkness where God's Truth is concerned. undecided
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by advocatejare(m): 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Those laws were given for non-jews living among the Jews in Judea/Israel. Read well the letter that the disciples sent to see that it was limited to those Christians who lived within a geographical location of which you and I currently don't exist in. undecided

Stop letting your hate for Muslims continue to keep you in darkness where God's Truth is concerned. undecided
Liar stop mentioning me until you show me where u ate food sacrificed to Sango, Ogun as you claimed

Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2022
advocatejare:

Liar stop mentioning me until you show me where u ate food sacrificed to Sango, Ogun as you claimed
Na only sango and Ogun dey this world? undecided
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? by advocatejare(m): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Na only sango and Ogun dey this world? undecided
I’m not here to entertain your foolery. You saw the question I asked before you said that you eat them all and I asked you for proof, if you can’t give me the proof that you have eaten animals sacrificed to Sango and Ogun before I won’t reply you

(1) (Reply)

Report From The Burial Of Rev. Fr. Stephen Njoku Of Upper Room Ministries Enugu / When a government is becoming ungodly: should Christians continue to obey? / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.