Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN (7828 Views)

Sale Of Shell's Assets In Nigeria Delta / US To Release 50M Barrel Oil Reserves In Attempt To Lower Prices / Elon Musk Mocks Jeff Bezos' Attempt To Develop Immortality Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Voice234: 8:47pm On Jan 23
The SPDC arm of Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) says the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) must address all issues affecting its employees before selling its assets.

The association‘s demand was in a statement jointly signed by Festus Osifo, its president, and Lumumba Okugbawa, its general secretary.

On January 16, 2024, oil giant Shell announced its agreement to sell its Nigerian onshore oil assets to a consortium of local companies for over $1.3 billion.

According to Shell, the buyer of the asset, known as Renaissance Group, is a consortium formed of ND Western, Aradel Energy, First Exploration & Production (E&P), Waltersmith, and Petrolin.

Reacting to the deal, PENGASSAN said its Shell and Shell Nigeria Business Operations (SNBO) branch further communicated all subsequent information “presented to our members by Shell Management on the planned sale”.

The association said it conducted a preliminary research, evaluated the presentation, and assessed the situation.

Consequently, the union said the consortium is “unknown to us”, adding that it is an assemblage of unknown entities “with no proven track record in managing such diverse assets”.

The union also rejected the terms affecting employees that were communicated in the presentation to its members.

“One of the companies that made up the assemblage has a history of subjugating workers and subjecting them to untold hardship as exemplified in the current management of OML 34,” the statement reads.

“Another company in the group has a penchant for preventing workers from unionising and thus stiffening their condition of services.

“Any attempt to transfer the assets without resolving issues affecting our members will be met with the stiffest resistance the industry has ever witnessed.

The group must come clean with its intention(s) and be ready to have serious engagement with the Association and not the jamboree that Shell Management is currently engaging in.

“We have communicated to our Shell/SNBO Branches not to be distracted but to focus on the CBA negotiation that is due about a week from now.”

Therefore, PENGASSAN said it is putting the industry regulator, joint venture (JV) asset partners (Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, non-operated asset partners), and other stakeholder, on notice.

https://www.thecable.ng/pengassan-to-shell-well-resist-attempts-to-sell-assets-without-resolving-issues-affecting-workers

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by bigtt76(f): 5:48am On Jan 24
Ok
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by levi2(m): 5:48am On Jan 24
Hmmmm
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by brosom(m): 5:50am On Jan 24
Can those with clear understanding explain in details please..

Long episode isn't my thing undecided

1 Like

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Danboy43: 5:51am On Jan 24
It is very important decisions all issues must be addressed
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by kingsways: 5:51am On Jan 24
They have to be fair to employees who sacrificed their blood to build the company

1 Like

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by BluntCrazeMan: 5:52am On Jan 24
Ok naa
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by PrinceofSarcasm: 5:53am On Jan 24
In one breath you claim the companies in the consortium are unknown to you in the same breath you proceed to outline the grievances you have against each entity in the consortium. Make up your mind Pengassan

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by dfrost: 5:53am On Jan 24
kingsways:
They have to fair to employees who sacrificed their blood to build the company

We need to hear from both sides.
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by sofeo(m): 5:54am On Jan 24
Alright
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by yinkus6750(m): 5:54am On Jan 24
Workers ought to be engaged as part of the Management take it very.
The New owners are to inherit all liabilities and continue managing the business as been maintained by SPDC.
I I hope this won't lead to serious trouble in the oil sector
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by crossfm: 5:54am On Jan 24
Hehehe.

Make workers no gree for shell o.

They must straighten up everything that needs to be. Not after taking over,they will start treating workers as slaves.
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by sonofthunder: 5:55am On Jan 24
Voice234:

https://www.thecable.ng/pengassan-to-shell-well-resist-attempts-to-sell-assets-without-resolving-issues-affecting-workers

I still don't understand the full economy and labour impact this sale can have.

Can someone please share some light on this issue.....

1 Like

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by epainos: 5:55am On Jan 24
Any attempt to transfer the assets without resolving issues affecting our members will be met with the stiffest resistance the industry has ever witnessed
Nigeria is ready to throw away all those foreign oil companies because the Dangote refinery has arrived. I think PENGASSAN is taking a preventive measure to secure the future of its members presently working in Shell. I am sure one of the deals will be to force the new buyer to absorb all its members....lol...which is the way of most unions. While workers see this as the right thing to do, employers don't. But the truth is that workers are slaves to employers everywhere.

I would like to read the details of what PENGASSAN is asking for. By the way, they cannot block the sales of assets. Not by force to continue business in an unfavourable environment.

Power must change hands is about to happen in the oil industry. Many are going to lose their jobs, while others take over. More data scientists, artificial intelligence experts, cybersecurity experts, etc are coming on board. Let PENGASSAN do its worst. Any worker who is not ready to return to his books will be kicked out. So, if they think they can force people who are not useful again to the new buyer of SHELL, they are jokes.

The area I support them to hammer on is the compensation of all the workers. This is the area I support. Until I read the details of their demands, I will say nothing further.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by dfrost: 5:55am On Jan 24
PrinceofSarcasm:
In one breath the consortium entities are unknown to you in the same breath you proceed to outline the grievances you have against each entity in the consortium. Make up your mind Pengassan

Exactly 💯.

These are the same set of people who have held millions of Nigerians by the neck. Only when it starts reducing the cents in their bank accounts, will they go public and beg for public empathy.
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by sylve11: 5:57am On Jan 24
Voice234:

One of the companies that made up the assemblage has a history of subjugating workers and subjecting them to untold hardship as exemplified in the current management of OML 34,” the statement reads.

“Another company in the group has a penchant for preventing workers from unionising and thus stiffening their condition of services.

Common with most indigenous companies. cool

1 Like

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:58am On Jan 24
yes

1 Like

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by PriceActionZ: 5:59am On Jan 24
I don't get it, does it mean they have to dictate how a company should sell her assets to another? If they had problems with the new company before now, Why can't they monitor the way they will treat their new employees and resist them if they want to maltreat their new workers? I guess, some of their bigwigs that have interest were fenced out totally. What has being their contributions to the oil industries than living fats on shaddy deals and bribery? If the sale is backed by law which is , they should go and sit down.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by dfrost: 6:00am On Jan 24
sonofthunder:

I still don't understand the full economy and labour impact this sale can have.

Can someone please share some light on this issue.....

It all depends. On the labour side of things, will the new owners absord the staff they met or lay them off?
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Villagesquare: 6:01am On Jan 24
K
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Iluvmycontr3: 6:04am On Jan 24
brosom:
Can those with clear understanding explain in details please..

Long episode isn't my thing undecided

#The earlier you learn to read and understand the better your life become

6 Likes

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Xwizard: 6:06am On Jan 24
pls just sell the country and share proceeds at least we go get hope of a sane buyer purchase her
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by fidet1(m): 6:08am On Jan 24
Laughable. Your union can do anything to stop the sale. If push comes to shove, you all will be fired. Simple as da da da

2 Likes

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Globad(f): 6:11am On Jan 24
PrinceofSarcasm:
In one breath you claim the companies in the consortium are unknown to you in the same breath you proceed to outline the grievances you have against each entity in the consortium. Make up your mind Pengassan

Some people are permanently in a fighting mood
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by FireUpNow(m): 6:11am On Jan 24
Na dem dem go settle by themselves
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by BitterTruth0001: 6:18am On Jan 24
PrinceofSarcasm:

Hehehe

I kinda side with them tho. Shell wants to hand over its responsibility and run. After decades of oil spillage and environmental destruction .

Tho I think Pengassan is fighting for their pockets and not for the collective good of the industry.

1 Like

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by DMerciful(m): 6:18am On Jan 24
Those people who thought that because their monthly salary is N3million, Tinubulation (Tribulation) will not affect them are now seeing that inasmuch as you're in Nigeria, Tinubu's cluelessness, corruption and incompetence will reach everyone eventually.

Who would have thought that the extremely incompetent Bubu would be better than the mandate thief , drug baron and certificate forger?
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by adesegun121(m): 6:25am On Jan 24
Ok
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by adioolayi(m): 6:28am On Jan 24
Go dey fight with facility na.

grin cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by mrvitalis(m): 6:37am On Jan 24
What's your business if a private company decide to sale it's assets?

Some of this agencies are acting weird

Just make sure workers are settled well and given the right package

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Info From Experinced Aliexpress Buyers. / Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders / Employee Verification And Criminal Record Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.