Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN (7826 Views)

Sale Of Shell's Assets In Nigeria Delta / US To Release 50M Barrel Oil Reserves In Attempt To Lower Prices / Elon Musk Mocks Jeff Bezos' Attempt To Develop Immortality Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:40am On Jan 24
You don't know any of them but you know they have a history of subjecting workers to untold hardship. How did you know the history of people you don't know?
They should go straight and demand their settlement from the sales agreement.
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by keeper303: 6:49am On Jan 24
I don't seem to understand this issue. Can anyone stop me from selling my property?

1 Like

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by hooklover: 6:53am On Jan 24
Pengassan can u just behave urself let owner of company sell d asset . U have made money 4 yrs let others come eat too.

Wat i shoukd be hearing is paying you ur compensation not telling the company not to sell.
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by obatreasure: 7:24am On Jan 24
Na una papa company? Person wan sell off him company, una say no way
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Voice234: 7:34am On Jan 24
They are afraid that the new companies might not be able to pay them their huge yearly allowances and it might affect their yearly salary increase

1 Like

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Voice234: 7:53am On Jan 24
kingsways:
They have to be fair to employees who sacrificed their blood to build the company

Blood?? lol. The employees worked for shell and they were more than adequately compensated. It was a relationship where the employees gained more than shell because their pay was astronomically higher than their efforts.

1 Like

Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by buJu234: 7:58am On Jan 24
sorry guys,

there is little or nothing you can do when you're an Employee.

that is when you're in the Employee phase of life.. make sure u invest either in business, financial instruments like bonds, fixed deposit, buy landed properties even in the most remote place that has a future to grow etc

because one day, the owner of the business or company may decide to sell or close down due to his reasons.
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by kunyeo(m): 8:46am On Jan 24
kingsways:
They have to be fair to employees who sacrificed their blood to build the company

Nobody sacrificed anything in Nigeria! Were they not paid their salaries.If anyone is clamouring for anything it is for their selfish interest
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Rumundele(m): 9:53am On Jan 24
Bunch of selfish people, you did not protest the sabotage and compromise in the pipeline. If you are the owner of the business will you continue? When a facility produced 40,000b/d, zero recorded at the terminal in Bonny. I have never seen country that are so wicked like Nigerians.

Well from all i know the company will meet their own side of the agreement to their workers. If you are surplus to requirement and they cannot provide another company for you, you will be entitled to severance.

In this case the company is tired of doing business in Nigeria, Nigeria branch of shell is a headache to the stakeholders and they want to exit, for me i don't like them exiting but i have to pity them with the level of injustice to shell production i cried for them.

Shell is migrating her employees to another company, the options are there, you join or you exit. Telling them not to sell will not fly. You have the right to fight for what is duly yours provided is within the terms of agreement.

Fighting for severance when the company is migrating you for free to another one hnmm. Well i am not a shell staff so what is my own. Let me concentrate on my own i beg
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Codes151(m): 9:59am On Jan 24
What will you resist?
After killing the system with fetish, sentiment, incompetence, one sided recruitment?

Bleep off.

If the Niger delta didn’t open its arms this betrayal won’t be there.
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by brosom(m): 10:14am On Jan 24
Iluvmycontr3:

#The earlier you learn to read and understand the better your life become
I understand Ur own is right?

Thanks 👍
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by autodoctor: 10:19am On Jan 24
Partners in progress
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Eriokanmi: 10:21am On Jan 24
Shell is smarter. Unfortunately our government cares leas for the citizens. After destroying our land for decades, making trillions of dollars for themselves and their people back home and rendering several people jobless expecially fishers in host communities, you now want to leave them behind with nothing, knowing fully well that petrol would soon be outdated in the world, as the alternatives to energy are taking over soon.
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by blackedwin: 11:28am On Jan 24
Lots of you folks needs to learn to understand few things before responding.A small research will do you good instead of coming out to display ignorance.
The issue on ground is about protecting the welfare of its members by PENGASSAN.
The argument on the floor is that Shell should not transfer staff to the new owners without paying them off as their contract of employment is with Shell and not the new owners.
Shell on the other hand is refusing to agree to this demand based on the reason that staff has been promised a secured employment with the new owners for 24months with a rentation package of 9months base pay.
PENGASSAN is rejecting this terms as it’s members have suffered during similar situations in the past where some of its members were declared redundant and some received pay cut and on the backdrop they are demanding “No Transfer with Severance “
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN by Obierika(m): 3:26pm On Jan 26
You people have suceeded in frustrating Shell out of the place, now you will see that indigenous companies are even worse when it comes to employee welfare and CSR!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Farouk Lawan Immortalised On Nigeria New Currency Note / Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders / Info From Experinced Aliexpress Buyers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.