Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers (8674 Views)

Soludo Meets His Primary Three Teacher / Governor Chukwuma Soludo Visits Nnamdi Kanu - Pictures / Chukwuma Soludo Vs Ejike Mbaka - Rev Fr Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by Kionrae: 7:21am On Jan 24
Eze nri I sight you
Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by Judolisco(m): 7:33am On Jan 24
atiku4President:
Traditional politicians, not traditional rulers. I remember far back in the 80s when traditional rulers were hardly seen with politicians, no matter the reason. It would have been the traditional rulers summoning the Governor and not the other way round.
I remembered how Alaafin of oyo summoned governor fayemi to his palace even though they weren't from d same state... Na power bdat
Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by epainos: 8:45am On Jan 24
martolux:
When you complain about a serious issue, you should have a solution or way out, that's constructive criticism. I asked for a possible way out but you came with lamentation.
Is the removal of kings a serious issue? Which is more serious...to keep incompetent people who are looting or remove them? And I asked...that culture you want to protect, are the kings protecting it now? Don't you get it? I am not going to give you my ideas until you can see clearly that they aren't doing it. The first step is not for me to give you any alternative, but to show you that what we have on the ground is not working. Why would I want to change what is working?

The problem here is that you haven't accepted that they are useless. When you accept that, we will talk about the solution. Even your idea may be better than mine.

Questions you need to ask yourself:

1. Are the kings really protecting our culture?
2. Are they really needed to protect our culture?

When we are on the same level, then, we move to the next stage. Stop jumping around. Face the reality on the ground before moving ahead. This is how politicians manipulate you.
Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by DestinyNigga: 8:45am On Jan 24
epainos:
The day Nigeria gets rid of these kings and still find a way to preserve its culture is the day of their freedom. Just imagine the number of kings in Nigeria. angry

The problem we have is our politicians not traditional rulers
Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by alobright17(m): 8:52am On Jan 24
atiku4President:

Try and read posts well before making comments. Was Abacha a politician or Governor in the 80s? Abacha was a head of state and not a politician.
you sounds very confused, I'm letting you understand that what you said was wrong about not seeing traditional rulers in political arenas before ,that's I'm reminding you that even from 80s they the traditional rulers are seen as well against your claim wether abacha is a politician or not the point I made is that traditional rulers are seen back then around corridors of power till Date .
Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by epainos: 8:53am On Jan 24
DestinyNigga:

The problem we have is our politicians not traditional rulers
Nope. Politicians see that traditional leaders are tools, and they start using them. It means that there is a fundamental problem with the traditional setup. If there is a problem, do we really need them? Let us be factual.

Most people want the traditional leaders because they think they are protecting their culture. Think of the amount they give them. Imagine having traditional and chieftains ministries in the state budget. Go find out how commissioners fight for that post because it is juicy. And the purpose is just to feed kings with workers and taxpayers. Just imagine. Which king? Which benefit do you have from these kings? Yet, they are the same tools politicians use to confuse locals, especially the illiterates during elections.

Seriously, these kings are damaging Nigeria more than protecting whatever culture they say they are protecting. Just imagine the drama in Kano. There was a time when Wike called them together and insulted them all. Lol. They are useless. Very hopeless.

Why do we need them in 2024? Please tell me.

1 Like

Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by atiku4President(m): 8:59am On Jan 24
alobright17:
you sounds very confused, I'm letting you understand that what you said was wrong about not seeing traditional rulers in political arenas before ,that's I'm reminding you that even from 80s they the traditional rulers are seen as well against your claim wether abacha is a politician or not the point I made is that traditional rulers are seen back then around corridors of power till Date .

Please, do well to face your troubled life and leave my posts alone. It's obvious your already deranged mind cannot be disillusioned. I will not give you any other attention.
Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by olufeyikemi722: 9:22am On Jan 24
The progress of the state is going on steadilyThe progress of the state is going on steadily...
Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by okoroemeka(m): 9:24am On Jan 24
epainos:
The day Nigeria gets rid of these kings and still find a way to preserve its culture is the day of their freedom. Just imagine the number of kings in Nigeria. angry
these are not kings but traditional rulers in anambra state,these people are the guardians and custodians of traditions and democratic principles,the igbos cannot and will never abolish the very principles and foundations of democracy,the Court's and palaces of these rulers is were the poorest individual can petition a case and have a fair hearing
Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by autodoctor: 10:20am On Jan 24
They meet every day anyway. Why is this one news?
Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by epainos: 10:57am On Jan 24
okoroemeka:
these are not kings but traditional rulers in anambra state,these people are the guardians and custodians of traditions and democratic principles,the igbos cannot and will never abolish the very principles and foundations of democracy,the Court's and palaces of these rulers is were the poorest individual can petition a case and have a fair hearing
Lol! Courts of your local looters. grin Na waooo! People still think like this in 2024. Chai! Traditional rulers and not kings...chai...

Yet, the people are so poor there...and the useless traditional leaders are looting the funds. And they are defending them indeed.

So in your world...these people are the defenders of democracy. Perhaps the democracy in your place is different from what we know. grin

People don't change easily. They prefer poverty.
Re: Governor Chukwuma Soludo Meets With Traditional Rulers by 735i(m): 2:59pm On Jan 24
I knew they'd advice this stupid boy to retrace his steps.

You no fit finish food wey community cook for you. Especially when Obi of Onitsha dey kitchen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Weed Illegal? A Comparison With Alchohol / "My Govt. Can't Solve The Nigeria Problem Of 16 Years In Just 4 Years"-buhari / Borno To Rebuild Churches Destroyed By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.