Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

"Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series (16582 Views)

Photos From Bbnaija Old School Themed Saturday Night Party - Week 7 / Fun Photos From Big Brother Naija Old-School Themed Night Party Week 5 / Photos From "The Wedding Party 2" Premiere In Lagos (Arabian Themed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by BloomingDale(f): 8:27am On Jan 24
youngrichnigga:
Greatest tribe no doubt...oòmó ódû to da ìwà ✌️✌️✌️✌️

If you say so. Because of all the boasting I no longer listen to or watch anything yoruba. It’s just hard to.

1 Like

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by youngrichnigga: 8:30am On Jan 24
BloomingDale:

If you say so. Because of all the boasting I no longer listen to or watch anything yoruba. It’s just hard to.
This is no boast, I only used the oriki (praise poetry) of the Yoruba tribe....... undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Tywo2018: 8:36am On Jan 24
But Nigerians can't watch Disney Channel in Nigeria.
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Expanse2020(m): 8:37am On Jan 24
chipet67:
We're the market. Nothing more
You don get am my brother report since last year be say Disney is parking off as a result of bankruptcy now the future is African they want to make Thier money back through us they know how African kids enjoy the cartoon

Although it's a welcome development in other to let people of NO MAN LAND with some of Thier Oba who claimed Lagos is thier (Generation)to know more of our root..
I like the title too
IWAJU (ASIWAJU)
🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
FLAT head over to you

2 Likes

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Myer(m): 8:39am On Jan 24
RickyJesus:
Exploiting the Nigeria population as usual.
It is mutually beneficial sir.

1 Like

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Beuberry(f): 8:48am On Jan 24
This southwest people are innovative o

4 Likes

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Solidkay(m): 8:55am On Jan 24
Fearyourcreator:

Na you be Saint... If the people how bad leaders go emerge... Make dey decieve una sef...
You see to take my innocent contribution personal.
Easy please😫🙏🙏💓
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Omoluabi16(m): 8:59am On Jan 24
Omoluabi Amaka..

3 Likes

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Ravenna: 8:59am On Jan 24
Yoruba people?!
I love those set

2 Likes

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by porthouse7(f): 8:59am On Jan 24
israelmao:

But make you gree for God.
also gre for marriage proposal

1 Like

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by porthouse7(f): 9:03am On Jan 24
femi4:
Iwaju means FUTURE

Asiwaju means LEADER
iwaju mean front, future mean ojoola

2 Likes

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by YorubaPrince: 9:03am On Jan 24
Na always Yoruba as usual and expected. cool

Yoruba l'agba! cool

3 Likes

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by sheeda995(f): 9:04am On Jan 24
Lanretoye:
exploiting the population?,so if you have a product that you are selling to prople,it amounts to exploiting the population.continue
You don't have sense. Disney is about money,they don't care about whatever plus they are going to twist the culture and put rubbish there. Nigeria artists with that sane dream is killed now
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by sheeda995(f): 9:05am On Jan 24
Donaldoni:
Proudly Yoruba cool

Watch as piiigggggggs will come and grunt envious rejoinders cheesy
Dumb as usual
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by woleabayo(f): 9:05am On Jan 24
i can wait to see this
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by sheeda995(f): 9:10am On Jan 24
Odun11:
Nothing else to do in order to win back the millions of American population that have rejected and left the evil and pedofile infested organizations called Disney.
They are now turning to unsuspecting African countries to make profit.
Warn your kids never to watch Disney because a large chunk of their employees are pedofiles. Their head was included in the Estein’s occultist pedofile ring in the US.
Plus they teach children rubbish. See how they will twist the culture and add lgbtq in the near future. If Nigeria was a country,the show would be banned in Nigeria. I have been seeing Nigerians artists coming up with innovative Disney like stuffs,now they will kill all those small companies as stup*d Nigerians would rush to be watching the nonsense. Our entertainment industry is like the only thing we still have,now they want to generate by hiring dumb Nigerians abroad to write rubbish stories just to make money off Africa. They can't do slavery again now they are doing exploitation
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Btruth: 9:27am On Jan 24
Hanndye:

Soon people will be considering your vain glorification before they have anything to do with you.
Yinmu
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by yoruboid: 9:28am On Jan 24
Congratulations to the people of the Yoruba race

Yoruba is more than a tribe. It’s an ideology

God bless Yorubaland

2 Likes

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by boomcity009(m): 9:36am On Jan 24
How

This is good news for Nigerian entertainment not otherwise

RickyJesus:
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by omoluka: 9:38am On Jan 24
IWAJU. Forward ever backward never!
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by JayPeeOham: 10:04am On Jan 24
israelmao:

But make you gree for God.

God is not a "body" but a spirit!

...so no gree for anybody! cheesy
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Origin(f): 10:11am On Jan 24
Nice one grin
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Lanretoye(m): 10:15am On Jan 24
sheeda995:

You don't have sense. Disney is about money,they don't care about whatever plus they are going to twist the culture and put rubbish there. Nigeria artists with that sane dream is killed now
your husband if you have one and your brothers in your house dont have sense,did anybody force you to watch their productions?.

1 Like

Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by kay29000(m): 10:30am On Jan 24
Laird:

In my opinion, domestic Nigerian purchasing power is poor in dollar terms despite the population. Naira revenues from Nigeria cannot presently impact Disney's dollar based bottom line

Information on the internet states that Disney earned 4 8 billion dollars from major movies revenue last year 2023.
Funke Akindeles 2023 film " a tribe called Judah" grossed over a billion naira ( almost 1 million dollars) and is said to be one of the top grossing films in Nigeria.
That figure is less than 1% of Disney's revenue from movies in 2023
I believe If Disney is doing the film, it is just an experiment and is not expected to be a major revenue generator.The data speaks

The guy is right... Disney is not targeting Nigerians in Nigeria alone, they're targeting Nigerians in diaspora. If you understand what is going on right now with our Afrobeats music internationally, you will understand this better.

But in the end, like someone above said, it is mutually beneficial.
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by kay29000(m): 10:31am On Jan 24
Myer:

It is mutually beneficial sir.

True.
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by panpan(m): 10:48am On Jan 24
A Nigerian themed animated series is okay; however, beware of Disney.
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by RushManni: 11:17am On Jan 24
RickyJesus:

I tell you. But how can we change this.
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by hafeeanubasy: 11:25am On Jan 24
They pioneered everything
Education
Christianity
Theater
TV station
Teaching hospital
Skyscraper
Modern stadium
I.T
Now this

Guess the tribe!
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Michaelkelvin1(m): 11:28am On Jan 24
RickyJesus:
exactly our population is getting larger into the world
Re: "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series by Michaelkelvin1(m): 11:30am On Jan 24
Expanse2020:

You don get am my brother report since last year be say Disney is parking off as a result of bankruptcy now the future is African they want to make Thier money back through us they know how African kids enjoy the cartoon

Although it's a welcome development in other to let people of NO MAN LAND with some of Thier Oba who claimed Lagos is thier (Generation)to know more of our root..
I like the title too
IWAJU (ASIWAJU)
🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
FLAT head over to you
this desiny people are professionals mehn lol. Great thinkers. Them day smoke egbo I swear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Leo Denies Mocking Alex In New Video With Khloe / DOWNLOAD: Asiwaju Part 3 - [latest Yoruba Premium Movie] / NTA TV Shows Of Those Good Old Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.