Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? (27384 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by APCNig: 2:17pm On Jan 24
PrinceofSarcasm:

You want to marry her because she is a citizen. That's the main motivation for you ...

So just know it won't be a marriage because this is purely transactional so don't go in their with warped expectations.

Don't go there looking for love because she is just desperate to have a family while you want documents

So don't call this what it is not. This is an arrangement

There is nothing called LOVE
That word is the imaginative creation of the Whitemen. They claim they love their spouses, yet they marry an average of 8 times during their life time. Is that LOVE or LOT?

Our grandparents whose marriages were arranged by their own parents even when they might have not even seen their spouse before marriage, yet their marriages last for life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by ACRI: 2:17pm On Jan 24
Hmmmm
Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Robertgreene1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24
Yes...90% of women in that age bracket are broken women...with countless severe heartbreaks...hence they are always frustrated...and transferring their frustrations and agressions on others...a broken-hearted young lady told me this herself.... So if you want to marry in Naija...better go for fresh young girls between 18 to 22...yes they may still act childish...but childishness is much better than being with a broken woman with multiple heartbreaks...and ex boyfriends that she still secretly loves... who still have the passwords to their pussies anytime anyday
Shalom

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by drimzsmoke(m): 2:18pm On Jan 24
Ynix:

Not really if you do fertility test and if needed take fertility booster

Bros, which one be fertility test again
Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by OgogoroDegree: 2:19pm On Jan 24
Smile4mee01:
I'm a single 39yr old Nigeria guy in diaspora trying to settle down and going to Nigeria to marry is not an option.

I'm an introvert who has been through some childhood trauma in my family and really fear marriage because of what I have seen and how bad it can be sometimes.

However, an old female friend and colleague of mine who we worked together in Nigeria and now in canada recently contacted me and she is also single and not had children. She is doing well for herself and now a citizen there while I'm not. A part of me is concerned about

1. Fertility : I desire children. However, can she have me healthy children @ 39. How many can she have? I discussed us trying for a child , she appears to want a.marriage first. But what gurantees do I have to have children.

Should I be concerned? I dont want to enter one chance.

Please I use God beg you, no insults just advice. Abeg. God bless you.
Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Bullman(m): 2:19pm On Jan 24
Smile4mee01:
I'm a single 39yr old Nigeria guy in diaspora trying to settle down and going to Nigeria to marry is not an option.

I'm an introvert who has been through some childhood trauma in my family and really fear marriage because of what I have seen and how bad it can be sometimes.

However, an old female friend and colleague of mine who we worked together in Nigeria and now in canada recently contacted me and she is also single and not had children. She is doing well for herself and now a citizen there while I'm not. A part of me is concerned about

1. Fertility : I desire children. However, can she have me healthy children @ 39. How many can she have? I discussed us trying for a child , she appears to want a.marriage first. But what gurantees do I have to have children.

If you truly love her, our opinion shouldn't count.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Gerrard59(m): 2:19pm On Jan 24
Smile4mee01:

I understand her desire for marriage and also yours for children. You both have to come out clear and be honest to unaselves on wetin una want. Does she desire children as much as you do? How many children does she desire to have, all things being equal? You sef, how many children you for like get? The age is not really the problem as it is possible to have children, just begin the copulation process immediately. There has been a rise in late marriages due to several factors, not limited to the state of the economy, advancement in education, building a career etc. So, late marriages are becoming the norm, especially for migrants who relocated in their adult years as singles. 4

But I am curious, why is going back to Nigeria for a wife not an option? You could get youngies there, you know. Abi na the Canadian passport you dey eye? grin

4 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Dinieoj(f): 2:21pm On Jan 24
Do fertility test, be it 18, 30 or 40. If seen someone in her 20s having fertility issues

6 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Gerrard59(m): 2:22pm On Jan 24
PrinceofSarcasm:

You want to marry her because she is a citizen. That's the main motivation for you ...

S[b]o just know it won't be a marriage because this is purely transactional so don't go in their with warped expectations.[/b]

Don't go there looking for love because she is just desperate to have a family while you want documents

Modern marriages are transactional. Na why everybody dey marry their class. Why did she not go to Nigeria in search of a husband? You think she would have given OP face if he was in Nigeria shining teeth with Tinubu?

9 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by jos4kay: 2:23pm On Jan 24
Th
Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Alexis11: 2:23pm On Jan 24
madridguy:
As a man you should know what you want. If I am to be in your shoe I will marry her. I prefer matured ladies, doing well for herself, already know what she want.

Well said
Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Kobicove(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24
Since you live abroad it is easier to get access to quality IVF treatment, go ahead of the lady checks all your boxes

3 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by GUNITGuy: 2:26pm On Jan 24
Visit the nearest fertility clinic for counseling....It's a chance issue ....They would tell you what to do ...... she's concerned too....But all hope is not lost
Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by luckyz4rea(m): 2:27pm On Jan 24
Smile4mee01:

Almost anything can be achieved by talking it over. You guys should discuss so as to know each one’s fertility status.

No one wants to have children at an old age but age does not determine how healthy newborns can be.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by AllahOfBlood: 2:27pm On Jan 24
Smile4mee01:

Go to ur God in prayers and hear him speak to you

2 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by drimzsmoke(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24
Klass99:
The other time you were concerned about finding a serious date/relationship with one of your own (a fellow Naija woman) overseas. You've found one now and you're back again with a different dilemma

You are in the obodo where there's far more advanced technology dealing with fertility matters and the ability for early detection of issues if any. Yet, here you are, asking jamb question, when an honest conversation with healthcare experts and medical tests will help you more than NL.

Some of you will migrate and still carry along your warped African mentality and prejudices that never served you well to your new location, how do you expect to build a new life and thrive if you don't let go of un-helpful beliefs?

Smile4me, I thought you had more sense than this. My post is not meant as an insult but you can do better than bringing this to NL. High five that woman for refusing to have a child out of wedlock, she has a good head on her shoulders, before she ends up being part of the single mother statistics.

Do things right if you mean business. I don't know why at your age you should be looking for more than one child sef. You should be glad if you are able to have even one healthy child, women are not the only ones with fertility issues.

So you think his concerns are not valid? At 39, I won't even be worried about infertility, I'll be more worried about the woman giving me a child with down's syndrome!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by EconomistXplain: 2:28pm On Jan 24
Namaster:
Are you INSANE?

You want to marry a 40-year old Nigerian woman who'll have the upper hand in the marriage?

She's in a gynocentric society and has citizenship while you do NOT. She'll control and manipulate you however she wants and you'll just have to suck it up!

PLUS at 40-years old, this woman has had at least 3 home-made abortions. Her age plus abortions means her ability to carry a child to term is EXTREMELY low.

She knows this. That's why she has refused to try for a child when her biological clock is already DEAD and waiting to be buried.

Most women her age would be eager to get pregnant and have their own child. The fact that she's insisting on marriage FIRST is telling.

She wants a guarantee that she'll NOT die alone. That you'll NOT run away if she's bareen. That's why she's insisting on marriage.

She wants your companionship and doesn't care about what YOU want.

In short:

Go ahead with the marriage if you don't mind being controlled, manipulated and NEVER having children.

By the way when people talk about marrying for green card, they are NOT talking about Nigerian women.

this is rada too harsh on women....the major concern for me is the dieing fertility and of course, her looks will wane in a short time
Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Akinpresident: 2:33pm On Jan 24
Don't marry her oo.

Go for someone much younger. Else you'll grow older than your age and die before your time.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Nokio2: 2:35pm On Jan 24
As u dey hia The girl go dey canadaland forum dey ask whether Canada cold never freeze your sperm finish...
Marry am collect green card
Later come marry Ronke ur true love for mowe

2 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by lomprico(m): 2:35pm On Jan 24
Smile4mee01:

Do ivf na
Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by mrblessed(m): 2:35pm On Jan 24
Nope! It's the reap age for a female to get married.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Baselm: 2:36pm On Jan 24
If you don't mind IVF, then no problem.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Light993(m): 2:36pm On Jan 24
Smile4mee01:

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by FuckYeyeMods: 2:37pm On Jan 24
Smile4mee01:

Marriage!!! Women are scam.
The gain of marriage is children. Shine your eyes. She's doing fine and what she might need is just a single child while she trow you out of the house and shut the doors.
Women are selfishly more calculative than men when it comes to marriage./relationship.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Eniolohunda: 2:38pm On Jan 24
39 does not mean she will not bear her own children. But always be convinced that your mind marry her, don't marry who your mind does not marry, so that you don't forever live in regret.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by maasoap(m): 2:38pm On Jan 24
Smile4mee01:

You should be more concerned about her past concerning abortions that might have gone wrong than her age. She should still be okay at 39 as long as fertility is concerned. Just remain for her to be open with you if she doesn't have anything to hide from her past concerning ability to conceive (again).

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Weknowbetter: 2:39pm On Jan 24
You have baggage as you haven't married or had kids already. You do not even have citizenship yet. You are the problem, just stay friends with the woman. YOU are not a match for her

3 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Myrepublic(m): 2:39pm On Jan 24
PrinceofSarcasm:

So just know it won't be a marriage because this is purely transactional so don't go in their with warped expectations.

Was he supposed to marry a 39years old without nothing tangible to gain from her before? Do you even know where a 39years old lady has gone or is coming from?

When I first saw the topic,my mind was like.. I hope she is not a gold digger,that wants to use op?

Op at that age,since you have something to gain and you are not going to be some kind of savior of generational poverty to her and family ,its fine.

She can still give birth,if she doesn't have something to hide.(God forbid lost womb,fibrd,PID complications and the rest)
You can as well adopt ,if you want to..

But ensure you calculate very well. Don't be fooled oga
Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by Dreambeat: 2:39pm On Jan 24
Abort this plan

2 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by danzaki63: 2:40pm On Jan 24
Take and shoot your shot, women at 50 get laid and get kids these days, anything can be bought at fertility hospitals, Tripplets, Twin and what have you. she is still at the ripe age.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by wrongnumber: 2:40pm On Jan 24
Smile4mee01:

A 39 year old lady surely knows what she wants and will most likely give you stability.

She can have one or two kids in about 3 years which is still very much OK.

Please go ahead IF YOU TRULY DESIRE HER.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman? by tiswell(m): 2:40pm On Jan 24
In whatever you do,avoid single ladies of that age,as a lot of factors will militate against your peace of mind and all round success.

They are meant for widowers, divorcees and fvck boys.

Maybe,you are looking for a destiny helper or sugar mummy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oya Dab: See Grandma In Action / Some Ways To Make Yourself Happy / Why Are Some Men Abandoned By Their Wives and Children At The Old Age?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.