Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) (2724 Views)

Ferrari Makes N28m Profit Per Car. See How Much Other Luxury Carmakers Make / After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by adesegun121(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24
Why do people love this car?

fergie001, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun Nlfpmod

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by adesegun121(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24
Low maintenance and uber stuff
Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by DanDeeBoss(m): 3:16pm On Jan 24
Generally, it's definitely going to be low maintenance cost and fuel consumption.

Na wetin go make Nigerians rush cars like this be that.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by Onyeka90210(m): 4:14pm On Jan 24
Cause Nigerians are lazy and have poor maintenance culture,
And the corolla can take alot of abuse.
No other reason.
And everyone saying the car is low maintenance hasn't actually gone to car parts market of recent, the price of the parts are over inflated as well, just like the price of the car, na why thief dey always eye am.
If you have good car maintenance culture, this boring car wouldn't even be appealing to you.
It's a good, reliable, fuel efficient, easy to work on car, just like every other Japanese car in its class, but its not worth the value, price and hype Nigerians give it.
"Make I buy 2003 Nigerian used car for 3 million plus because I'm too lazy to keep up with normal car maintenance."
Doesn't even make sense grin
P.S There are only two types of corolla drivers you'll see on the road; the very aggressive one that thinks they are in fast and furious, or the very slow confused ones,
No in-between.

25 Likes

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by CameroonPepper: 4:17pm On Jan 24
Poverty

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by alpharoyalty: 5:30pm On Jan 24
Naija mechanic have mastered the repair of the car hence the reason why they hype the car a lot.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by Chicagograduate(m): 5:35pm On Jan 24
Ask the owner

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by brain54(m): 5:44pm On Jan 24
It's a reliable car...

But as someone mentioned - boring!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by Myrepublic(m): 6:05pm On Jan 24
Them come make the car cost. I go dey wonder wetin dey the car ,when them go dey sell am 3m+

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by Sapeleboy911(m): 7:52pm On Jan 24
That car fuel consumption is almost like that of a keke napep. Very easy to maintain, and versatile. As soon as fuel subsidy was removed, the car value almost doubled. My G bought 2015 remote start for 4.5m prior to subsidy remover, and the price tag he placed on it now is 7m.

One thing though I am always afraid driving that car on a highway, it is as if the car wants to swav from the road, I dare not pass 70.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by munavi: 9:28pm On Jan 24
Low maintenance I guess. I never buy car sha. cheesy
Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by Sholaco: 9:53pm On Jan 24
Fuel efficiency
Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by Abee79(m): 9:54pm On Jan 24
Just a mediocre car that's unnecessarily overpriced. And its maintenance ain't that cheap O! 🙄😒😒

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by kingar(m): 10:59pm On Jan 24
Sapeleboy911:
That car fuel consumption is almost like that of a keke napep. Very easy to maintain, and versatile. As soon as fuel subsidy was removed, the car value almost doubled. My G bought 2015 remote start for 4.5m prior to subsidy remover, and the price tag he placed on it now is 7m.

One thing though I am always afraid driving that car on a highway, it is as if the car wants to swav from the road, I dare not pass 70.
2015 corrola 4.5m? Cap small small naaa

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by Sapeleboy911(m): 11:13pm On Jan 24
kingar:

Cap weytin small, nawa for some of una oh

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by 1Sharon(f): 2:16am On Jan 25
Lol..why do Nigerians love sedan cars?
Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by joseph032: 4:10am On Jan 25
Due to the Cost of Fuel.
Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by ShinjaWWest: 5:06am On Jan 25
Ugly looking car
Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by KingLennon(m): 5:52am On Jan 25
It is during this tenure that people have seen the value of this car. The fuel wahala in Nigeria today will make you like the car cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by Thurmieee: 7:05am On Jan 25
kingar:
Oga don't say cap. There was a time 5m would cup you lexus 350 series

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by RoadMozart(m): 7:27am On Jan 25
Over hyped car. Car that feels like a kite once you hit 120kmh

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by Anguldi(m): 7:40am On Jan 25
adesegun121:
Why do people love this car?

fergie001, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun Nlfpmod
Nigeria sport car. It's the only car that races against g wagen, is 250, c 300 and even Lamborghini, Porsche, Aston Martin, Ferrari.

You can't overtake biturbo super charged Corolla gangs on highways. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by dopedan(m): 2:23pm On Jan 25
Corolla drivers and their four plugs and low quality car parts feeling like they can overtake the whole world with their 10th hand cars, i weak for them, rather than buy this fuccking car i rather buy honda 2008 with that amount or top it a little, how do u derive joy in buying car that almost everyone on low budget dey buy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by b3llo(m): 2:29pm On Jan 25
Lizard road warriors
Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by falcon01: 2:41pm On Jan 25
Onyeka90210:
I don't even know, you praisee and insult the car at the same time you give it credit and destroy it's reputation and worth.. ahh!!
Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by Onyeka90210(m): 5:07pm On Jan 25
falcon01:
I don't even know, you praisee and insult the car at the same time you give it credit and destroy it's reputation and worth.. ahh!!
It’s not hard to comprehend what I wrote, “it’s a good car but it’s overhyped in Nigeria majorly due too our poor maintenance culture”. That’s why marketers can get away with selling for ridiculous prices, if it were a scarce car, I’ll understand but for a car that’s everywhere like keke, I do not understand.
Re: Why Do People Love This Car? (SEE PHOTO) by kingar(m): 9:40pm On Jan 25
Thurmieee:

Oga don't say cap. There was a time 5m would cup you lexus 350 series
He said b4 the fuel price hike, which is earlier 2023

(1) (Reply)

My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) / Nissan Primera 1999 Model (SE) Vs Toyota Camry Orobo 1996 Model / My Oil Light Comes On 1 Minute After I Start My Engine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.