Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

No Fair Hearing Was Given To Me Before I Was Dethroned, Umuona Monarch Accuses S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Fair Hearing Was Given To Me Before I Was Dethroned, Umuona Monarch Accuses S (192 Views)

The Real Reason Sanusi Was Dethroned / Response Of Alafin Adeyemi 2 When He Was Dethroned By Awolowo / Sanusi's Grandfather, Muhammadu Sanusi Was Dethroned By Ahmadu Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Fair Hearing Was Given To Me Before I Was Dethroned, Umuona Monarch Accuses S by ashiwaju2010(m): 4:51pm On Jan 24
Govt Asking Me to Accede to Crime I didn’t Commit, Monarch Dethroned by Soludo Alleges

Soludo Never Gave Me Fair Hearing Before Withdrawing My Certificate, Anambra Monarch Cries Out

All Allegations Against Me Were Proven To be False, Anambra Monarch Dethroned Unjustly By Soludo Reveals

The traditional ruler of Umuona community in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, dethroned by Governor Chukwuma Soludo, Igwe Humphrey Ejesieme has said he is innocent of the accusations leveled against him that led to the State Government's withdrawal of his certificate of recognition.
Igwe Ejesieme made the disclosure in an exclusive chat with TNC correspondent in his palace at Umuona.
Igwe Ejesieme was elected the traditional ruler of Umuona in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State in 2013.
He was later presented with Certificate Of Recognition on the 7th of March, 2014 by the then Governor Peter Obi.
The governor had in June 2023, withdrawn his Certificate of Recognition over allegations of interfering with the town union matters.
But Igwe Ejesieme said trouble started in his kingdom when the leadership of the community's town union, early in 2023, alleged that he invaded their meeting with thugs who wielded dangerous weapons.
Igwe Ejesieme said the allegations prompted the State government to withdraw his certificate of recognition in a letter sent to him dated 13th June, 2023 without giving him a fair hearing.
“When such cases arise, it is only proper that all parties are allowed to speak their minds especially when it borders on allegations. This will also enable government to know the truth and the most appropriate means to resolve the matter.
“It may also serve as a yardstick for the resolution of similar problems in other communities.
“I sincerely think the government was not fair to me and Umuona people to have listened to the town union leadership without hearing my own side of the story.
“If government had given me that opportunity of fair hearing, we may not have arrived at this point.
“Governor Soludo should have given me fair hearing before wielding the big stick,” he posited.
Igwe Ejesieme further revealed that all the allegations brought against him by the town union leadership at the time, were all investigated by the Police and found to be untrue.
“There was no place they did not take me to. They took me to the State Police Commissioner, to ‘B’ Division and many other places, and they all went from there in total shame.
“Eventually, we were invited to the Force Headquarters Abuja and after everything, they refused to return because they know they don’t have any case.
“Eventually, the Police came out with their investigations and found that all their allegations were false.
“They are saying that they sent Aguata traditional rulers to beg me and I refused. That’s not true.
“The traditional rulers were asking me to confess to a crime I did not commit so that there would be peace. What kind of peace can be achieved when an innocent man is made to confess guilt to a crime he never committed and that was why I said no!
”So, when they tell you that I refused to make peace, the public must know what they mean by that,” the monarch cried out.
The monarch explained that within his ten years reign he had embarked on massive development of his community and has maintained the peace until the recent negative turn of events.
He said; “Umuona community has been in peace since 2014 when I assumed the throne, after being elected by my people.
“Due to the love I have for them, I have attracted so many developmental projects that have made life more meaningful for my people.
“Today, this whole episode appears to have done more harm to Umuona community than good.”

Re: No Fair Hearing Was Given To Me Before I Was Dethroned, Umuona Monarch Accuses S by yarimo(m): 5:34pm On Jan 24
Dethroned monarch Fair hearing Kee you there, come on leave that seat immediatelyundecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Burkina Faso, Mali, And Niger Withdraw From ECOWAS / See Why Nigeria Military Are Tired Of Nigeria / The Reason Why Fulani Are Kidnapping Obas In Yoruba Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.