Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) (18886 Views)

Music, Dance: What Gave Fulani Youths Joy In The Past (Video, Pictures) / Two Masquerades Hit Night Club, Show Off Dance Moves (Video, Pictures) / The Mysterious Cave Of Ashes (Isarun) In Ondo State (Video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by amnesty7: 10:47am On Jan 26
1Sharon:

Abegi.

Have you not seen the reaction of a Chinese or Indian person when they see a black person speaking mandarin or Hindi? Pride and excitement.

Africans react no differently when they see a foreigner learning their language because african languages are not that popular or easy to learn because there aren't alot of resources dedicated to them vs French or Portuguese.

Learning a new language is always an achievement.
They know this fact. Just black belle.

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by Tonytonex(m): 10:57am On Jan 26
Hissed. How is that an achievement.
Hustling oyinbo.

Well, after watching the video. That one looks funny and cool.
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by Tonytonex(m): 10:59am On Jan 26
Houseofglam7:
Most likely a Lebanese; there’s tons of em that speak Hausa.
No big deal.
yea

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by SIXFEETUNDER: 11:01am On Jan 26
amnesty7:

Upload your video speaking Russian first before we believe you.
If only you'll pay me because I can't waste my energy for nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by forusever: 11:01am On Jan 26
Verified PấyPal
Account For 8K Only.

LEGIT PấYPAL MONEY FROM 1000 Naira PER $...

ALSO GET A USA BANK ấCCOUNT THAT ALLOWs YOU TO WITHDRAW MONEY TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT AND MAKE PAYMENT.

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY TO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. CONTACT ME FOR YOUR RECEIVING ACCOUNT.

RECEIVE MONEY FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR 3% Only.

I Also Sell

CoinZo♡m

COINBấSE

EBấy Account

Check my Profile or my signature for my WhatsApp number
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by RPG2020(m): 11:02am On Jan 26
ValCon888:
I speak English fluently for Americana land yet nobody has come to praise me. Let us continue to worship oyinbo man with our enslaved mentality.

Way back in the 15th century, the Portuguese came to Nigeria, and had to learn the indigenous languages to conduct trade in brass, copper and ivory works.

In fact, Oba Esigie was the first Benin King to speak Portuguese. He learned it to foster relations between the Benin Empire and Portuguese Kingdom and heaven did not fall.

Oyinbo man learning our language is not an achievement.

Because we forget how great we once were, we can never know how great we can be.

Stop living with passed glory and embrace the future

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by ceejayluv(m): 11:04am On Jan 26
ValCon888:
I speak English fluently for Americana land yet nobody has come to praise me. Let us continue to worship oyinbo man with our enslaved mentality.

Way back in the 15th century, the Portuguese came to Nigeria, and had to learn the indigenous languages to conduct trade in brass, copper and ivory works.

In fact, Oba Esigie was the first Benin King to speak Portuguese. He learned it to foster relations between the Benin Empire and Portuguese Kingdom and heaven did not fall.

Because we forget how great we once were, we can never know how great we can be.
The Benin empire even had an ambassador in Portugal as at then. Things were going well. Later, Slavery and imperialism took things on a different route .
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by Anguldi(m): 11:05am On Jan 26
Cut and join hausa undecided
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by franktolk(m): 11:06am On Jan 26
Houseofglam7:
Most likely a Lebanese; there’s tons of em that speak Hausa.
No big deal.

Most of them are actually Nigerians.
Every Nigerian is not black, there are many Lebanese, Indians, Greeks, Ghanains, Togolese ,British, Nigeriens, Malians, Camerounians, etc with their family tree dating back to more than 4 generations in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by amnesty7: 11:07am On Jan 26
SIXFEETUNDER:

If only you'll pay me because I can't waste my energy for nothing
But you're wasting it on telling untruths.
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by verifiablefacts: 11:16am On Jan 26
Armaggedon:
Any white is oyibo to these people.

'these people '
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by kelmicheal: 11:21am On Jan 26
E get original and fake oyinbo this one na fake
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by Draslo(m): 11:28am On Jan 26
ValCon888:

English is global. Nobody will give you accolades for speaking the official language of your country

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by Draslo(m): 11:30am On Jan 26
Armaggedon:
Any white is oyibo to these people.
Don't you mean any oyibo is white to those people?
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by Germi9: 11:43am On Jan 26
CIA
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by salbis(m): 11:51am On Jan 26
Chinjo2:
They are lebanese. They are everywhere in Kano. Their grand fathers migrated to Nigeria, and both they and their fathers were born in Nigeria.
. Spot on! Some Hausa's even married their women.....
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 11:52am On Jan 26
So what? How does that concern me. You Black folks and your Inferiority complex when it comes to Non Blacks shaaa. So because one Fvvking oyinbo now speak a Naija language, we should be impressed as if it's an achievement right? Nonsense.
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by dagano: 11:57am On Jan 26
ValCon888:

You are wise. People think our history started with slavery.
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by Geofavor(m): 12:07pm On Jan 26
ValCon888:

You've said a lot of sensible things that are irrelevant here. I can speak Spanish and native Spanish speakers are always impressed when they see me speaking their language. Does that make them a slave to me? You're just insecure.
As humans, we are happy when we see foreigners speaking our indigenous languages.
English is the only exception because it's pretty much the official language of the world. Nobody is Impressed because they see a non-native English person speaking English because it's a normal thing now for people everywhere across the world to learn English. The same can't be said for most other languages. If you can speak Cantonese and mandarin well and you go to China and start speaking, the Chinese people there will do the same thing the Hausa guys in this video have done. They will be impressed and happy you can speak their language. Don't spend all your time on Nairaland. Go to YouTube. There's a community of language learners there. People in any country are always impressed and happy when foreigners speak their indigenous languages.
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by Mikkeal: 12:12pm On Jan 26
1Sharon:

Abegi.

Have you not seen the reaction of a Chinese or Indian person when they see a black person speaking mandarin or Hindi? Pride and excitement.

Africans react no differently when they see a foreigner learning their language because african languages are not that popular or easy to learn because there aren't alot of resources dedicated to them vs French or Portuguese.

Learning a new language is always an achievement.
You are correct 100%

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by izubext007: 12:17pm On Jan 26
Hausa to the world
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by knotty(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26
Is this news?
The Lebanese community in Kano are indigenous to the city
No big deal
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by PlsStayAlive: 12:22pm On Jan 26
If this is what you call fluent, then you've never heard the language spoken before, obviously.
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by McLizbae: 12:28pm On Jan 26
See as him just under-rate Adamawa! grin
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by 3seriez(m): 12:42pm On Jan 26
LocalFARMERS:
Oyinbo Man was sighted speaking Hausa fluently in Kano. This is not strange if you are in Kano or Kaduna. You will easily come across Oyinbo Men and Women who speak Hausa fluently.

Some of them have adopted Northern cultures too. By putting on Northern traditional clothes and eating Northern traditional food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf0eGcsm5sw

Good that you clarified if you are in Kano , this is not surprising. Might be to other Nigerians, but na normal thing for Kano to see oyibo speaking Hausa.

Alot of Lebanese were born & brought up there.

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by Passionate1(m): 1:01pm On Jan 26
Badgers14:
A foreigner speaking Hausa in Kano?

I was shocked when I saw a Nigerian speaking German in Berlin.
shocked grin grin kiss
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by naijapikin2(m): 1:01pm On Jan 26
These ones are arabs. Probably lebanese. So there is little difference. 😎
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by BondRiv: 1:03pm On Jan 26
Arabs.
Re: Oyinbo Man Speaks Hausa Fluently (video/pictures) by mrcrabs(m): 1:29pm On Jan 26
until they kidnapp you, you go know say that hausa way u dey speak no mean anything

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Governorship Election: Ooni Of Ife Is Sad Over Political Tension / Ohi Of Adavi, Ibrahim Asuku Is Dead / Ofala Nnewi 2016 Festival In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.