Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol (695 Views)

Tinukevibes Slams 'Hausa' Muslims Offended By Her Dance Video In Saudi Arabia / Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads / Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Voice234: 11:38pm On Jan 24
Saudi Arabia is planning to open its first alcohol store exclusively for non-Muslim diplomats.

According to Reuters on Wednesday, a source familiar with the plans said the store will be located at Riyadh’s Diplomatic Quarter, a neighbourhood where embassies and diplomats reside.

The liquor store, expected to be opened in the coming weeks, will be “strictly restricted” to non-Muslims.

According to a document cited by the report, customers will have to register through a mobile application, get a clearance code from the foreign ministry, and subscribe to monthly quotas for their purchases.

Confirming the report, Saudi Arabia’s government spoke on the development in a statement via the Center of International Communication (CIC) — the Kingdom’s media organisation.

The agency said the government is imposing new restrictions on alcohol imports within diplomatic consignments.

The CIC said the new regulations had been introduced to counter the illicit trade of alcohol goods and products received by diplomatic missions.

This new process will continue to grant and ensure that all diplomats of non-Muslim embassies have access to these products in specified quotas,” the statement reads.

Saudi Arabia has strict laws against alcohol consumption which is punishable by hundreds of lashes, deportation, fines, or imprisonment.

As part of the reforms, whipping has largely been replaced by jail sentences and alcohol has been available only through diplomatic mail or on the black market.

A source also told TheCable that the move is purely diplomatic, aimed at stemming illegal sales of alcoholic drinks.

So the regulation is diplomatic. Diplomats have the right to bring alcohol into the country. What happens is they bring too much wine and they put it on the black market,” the source said.

“So when they get to the airports, no one fines or charges them. So the government just wants to control that and is restricted to only the diplomatic area. Those diplomats who sell have like a code and can’t sell a number of alcohol.”

Although consumption is still under tight scrutiny, the Kingdom’s reform could mean that some Middle Eastern nations are shifting grounds from their conservative views about liquor intake.

On January 2, 2023, the government of Dubai cancelled its 30 percent alcohol tax to boost tourism in the emirate.

Dubai also scrapped the personal liquor licence fees, thereby making the acquisition of the permit free for alcohol consumers in the United Arab Emirates region.

The UAE government had said the move was to make the city more attractive to foreigners

https://www.thecable.ng/to-curb-illicit-trade-saudi-arabia-to-open-first-liquor-store-for-diplomats

Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Kobojunkiee: 11:47pm On Jan 24
Voice234:
Saudi Arabia is planning to open its first alcohol store exclusively for non-Muslim diplomats.
According to Reuters on Wednesday, a source familiar with the plans said the store will be located at Riyadh’s Diplomatic Quarter, a neighbourhood where embassies and diplomats reside.
The liquor store, expected to be opened in the coming weeks, will be “strictly restricted” to non-Muslims.
According to a document cited by the report, customers will have to register through a mobile application, get a clearance code from the foreign ministry, and subscribe to monthly quotas for their purchases.
Confirming the report, Saudi Arabia’s government spoke on the development in a statement via the Center of International Communication (CIC) — the Kingdom’s media organisation.
Religion is slowly loosing it's grip on the nation of Saudi Arabia. grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Cassandraloius: 11:52pm On Jan 24
So alcohol is man's problem huh?
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Amotolongbo(f): 11:53pm On Jan 24

Our security personnel should please be at alert as our northern brothers may want to protest against this in Kano and other cities

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by mbaise1000: 11:54pm On Jan 24
Well well well, my question will be, who are the better muslims, the Saudi muslims or the nigeria hisba muslims? My next question will be, is osama bin laden a good or bad muslim? Who can define a good or bad muslim based on and with emphasis on the lifestyle and teachings of mohamad?
another one question will be, will muslims continue to murder people in defense of mohamad's name if they know or believe that mohamad will not approve?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by immortalcrown(m): 12:07am On Jan 25
The alcohol is for only non-Muslims. No wahala. This means inclusiveness. Saudi wants to allow every man to eat what what his religion allows. That's good.

But I have a question. What about non-Muslims who are in Saudi priaons because of alcohol? Will they be freed now?

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by TINTINABULATION(m): 12:37am On Jan 25
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by TINTINABULATION(m): 12:41am On Jan 25
Those who brought religion to Africa did not abandon trade & commerce. But in here, we jettison trade & commerce to run after religion.
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by talk2hb1(m): 1:25am On Jan 25
Their Country, Their Problem. Because Saudi allows alcohol we should follow suite, abeg Dey reason.
They have prince and princess in Saudi Arabia we too should start our own monarchy?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Emperormartin(m): 2:23am On Jan 25
Hisbah left the WhatsApp group
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Ibaaboy(m): 2:39am On Jan 25
naija branch go soon start protest
backward people
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by benuejosh: 5:13am On Jan 25
Meanwhile in Nigeria Peter Obi can't sell his product in Kano or Jigawa.
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by ShinjaWWest: 5:15am On Jan 25
talk2hb1:
Their Country, Their Problem. Because Saudi allows alcohol we should follow suite, abeg Dey reason.
They have prince and princess in Saudi Arabia we too should start our own monarchy?

Shut up Abdul

But in Ur Muslim heaven u can drink alcohol

Death to all head slamming mohammadian terrorists
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Antiislaam(m): 5:21am On Jan 25
Our people here in Nigeria following Muhammad won't like this news
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by MightySparrow: 9:27am On Jan 25
Small, small.

His sh still destroying what is allowed in the cradle of Islam.
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Lukuluku69(m): 12:14pm On Jan 25
mbaise1000:
Well well well, my question will be, who are the better muslims, the Saudi muslims or the nigeria hisba muslims? My next question will be, is osama bin laden a good or bad muslim? Who can define a good or bad muslim based on and with emphasis on the lifestyle and teachings of mohamad?
another one question will be, will muslims continue to murder people in defense of mohamad's name if they know or believe that mohamad will not approve?

Open the Quran, read and your questions Will be answered.
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Lukuluku69(m): 12:19pm On Jan 25
immortalcrown:
The alcohol is for only non-Muslims. No wahala. This means inclusiveness. Saudi wants to allow every man to eat what what his religion allows. That's good.

But I have a question. What about non-Muslims who are in Saudi priaons because of alcohol? Will they be freed now?

You will be surprised to find out that there will be Restrictions as to where you can drink.

As for Non-Muslims caught with Alcohol, the Law of the Country subsist. Deportation, fines even Jail Terms.
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by mbaise1000: 7:17pm On Jan 25
Lukuluku69:

Open the Quran, read and your questions Will be answered.
How about you tell those that can't read like me, these are simple questions and opportunity for you to tell us about your prophet and explain the post, muslim wants to touch those questions especially that last one, and I will repeat, will muslims continue to murder in defense of mohamad's name if you believe that he will not approve?
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44pm On Jan 25
That's the normal thing to do in a sane society, there's no sense in forcing what your god say on others you rather live by it to prove that it's beneficial!
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Lukuluku69(m): 8:01pm On Jan 25
mbaise1000:

How about you tell those that can't read like me, these are simple questions and opportunity for you to tell us about your prophet and explain the post, muslim wants to touch those questions especially that last one, and I will repeat, will muslims continue to murder in defense of mohamad's name if you believe that he will not approve?

Going thru the History of the Prophet's Life was there any mention that his immediate Companions killed anyone for slandering the Prophet?

In the Quran, is there a command or any command to kill anyone who slander the Prophet?
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by SIRTeee15: 8:59pm On Jan 25
Lukuluku69:

Going thru the History of the Prophet's Life was there any mention that his immediate Companions killed anyone for slandering the Prophet?

In the Quran, is there a command or any command to kill anyone who slander the Prophet?

Lukuluku dey lie small small now.
How can u say no one was killed for slandering your prophet.
Na wa o. Such a bold face lie in the public.
Make Una dey fear this God o.
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Lukuluku69(m): 9:03pm On Jan 25
SIRTeee15:

Lukuluku dey lie small small now.
How can u say no one was killed for slandering your prophet.
Na wa o. Such a bold face like in the public.
Make Una dey fear this God o.

Tell us if you know of any on the Command of the Prophet.

Oya......
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by SIRTeee15: 9:42pm On Jan 25
Lukuluku69:

Tell us if you know of any on the Command of the Prophet.

Oya......

A blind man had a female slave who had borne him a child (umm walad) who reviled the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and disparaged him, and he told her not to do that but she did not stop, and he rebuked her but she paid no heed.

One night she started to disparage and revile the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so he took a dagger and put it in her stomach and pressed on it and killed her. There fell between her legs a child who was smeared with the blood that was there.

The next morning mention of that was made to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he assembled the people and said: “I adjure by Allaah the man who did this to stand up.”

The blind man stood up and came through the people, trembling, and he came and sat before the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said: O Messenger of Allaah, I am the one who did it. She used to revile you and disparage you, and I told her not to do it but she did not stop, and I rebuked her but she paid no heed. I have two sons from her who are like two pearls, and she was good to me. Last night she started to revile you and disparage you, and I took a dagger and placed it on her stomach and I pressed on it until I killed her.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Bear witness that no retaliation is due for her blood.”

(Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood 4361).
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Lukuluku69(m): 9:45pm On Jan 25
SIRTeee15:

A blind man had a female slave who had borne him a child (umm walad) who reviled the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and disparaged him, and he told her not to do that but she did not stop, and he rebuked her but she paid no heed.

One night she started to disparage and revile the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so he took a dagger and put it in her stomach and pressed on it and killed her. There fell between her legs a child who was smeared with the blood that was there.

The next morning mention of that was made to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he assembled the people and said: “I adjure by Allaah the man who did this to stand up.”

The blind man stood up and came through the people, trembling, and he came and sat before the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said: O Messenger of Allaah, I am the one who did it. She used to revile you and disparage you, and I told her not to do it but she did not stop, and I rebuked her but she paid no heed. I have two sons from her who are like two pearls, and she was good to me. Last night she started to revile you and disparage you, and I took a dagger and placed it on her stomach and I pressed on it until I killed her.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Bear witness that no retaliation is due for her blood.”

So, the Prophet asked him to kill?

Please show me that and we can engage.
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by SIRTeee15: 10:01pm On Jan 25
Lukuluku69:

Jesus!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

U people will do anything to exonerate your prophet.

What did your prophet do to the stupid blind man who killed his wife and the innocent baby? That all I want to know.
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by SIRTeee15: 10:34pm On Jan 25
Lukuluku69:

More, lie lie lukuluku69
The killing of asma bin marwat

The scholars are unanimously agreed that a Muslim who insults the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) becomes a Kaafir and an apostate who is to be executed. This consensus was narrated by more than one of the scholars, such as Imaam Ishaaq ibn Raahawayh, Ibn al-Mundhir, al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad, al-Khattaabi and others. (Al-Saarim al-Maslool, 2/13-16)

Asma bint Marwan wrote a poem against Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasalam) insulting him, Upon hearing the poem, Muhammad (Sallallahu alihi wa sallam) decided to have her executed.

Ibn Sa’d’s Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir describes the death of Asma bint Marwan:

“Then (occurred) the Sariyyah of Umayr ibn adi Ibn Kharashah al-Khatmi against Asma Bint Marwan, of Banu Umayyah Ibn Zayd, when five nights had remained from the month of Ramadan, in the beginning of the nineteenth month from the Hijrah of the apostle of Allah. Asma was the wife of Yazid Ibn Zayd Ibn Hisn al-Khatmi. She used to revile Islam, offend the Prophet and instigate the (people) against him. She composed verses.
When the apostle heard what she had said, he said, "Who will rid me of Marwan's daughter?" `Umayr b. `Ady al-Khatami, who was with him, heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her.

Umayr Ibn Adi came to her in the night and entered her house. Her children were sleeping around her. There was one whom she was suckling. He searched her with his hand because he was blind, and separated the child from her. He thrust his sword in her chest till it pierced up to her back. Then he offered the morning prayers with the Prophet at al-Medina. The apostle of Allah said to him: “Have you slain the daughter of Marwan?” He said: “Yes. Is there something more for me to do?” He [Muhammad] said: “No. Two goats will butt together about her.
This was the word that was first heard from the apostle of Allah. The apostle of Allah called him Umayr, “Basir” (the seeing).
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Expanse2020(m): 10:48pm On Jan 25
SIRTeee15:

He killed her because she fail to understand what the bible said
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart.

Alhamdulillah Islam is too perfect and there always answer in your scripture but you fail to read is your problem..

Because you fail to blame the woman for not obeyed her Master which bible clearly said
😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Expanse2020(m): 10:53pm On Jan 25
ShinjaWWest:

Shut up Abdul

But in Ur Muslim heaven u can drink alcohol

Death to all head slamming mohammadian terrorists
No
Our creator Allah promise us wine not alcohol
Alcohol is what west(christian) produce that when you take it you fall inside gutter,u shit in ur pant, u loose ur brain
But wine Allah promise us as described by the Quran when you take it we fill like you gulp honey also milk simultaneously
Allah is too beautiful
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Expanse2020(m): 10:55pm On Jan 25
SIRTeee15:

What did your prophet do to the stupid blind man who killed his wife and the innocent baby? That all I want to know.
Go and read the final part since you copy it half way😂🤣🤣
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by sagenaija: 9:12am On Jan 26
SIRTeee15:

More, lie lie lukuluku69
The killing of asma bin marwat

The scholars are unanimously agreed that a Muslim who insults the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) becomes a Kaafir and an apostate who is to be executed. This consensus was narrated by more than one of the scholars, such as Imaam Ishaaq ibn Raahawayh, Ibn al-Mundhir, al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad, al-Khattaabi and others. (Al-Saarim al-Maslool, 2/13-16)

Asma bint Marwan wrote a poem against Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasalam) insulting him, Upon hearing the poem, Muhammad (Sallallahu alihi wa sallam) decided to have her executed.

Ibn Sa’d’s Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir describes the death of Asma bint Marwan:

“Then (occurred) the Sariyyah of Umayr ibn adi Ibn Kharashah al-Khatmi against Asma Bint Marwan, of Banu Umayyah Ibn Zayd, when five nights had remained from the month of Ramadan, in the beginning of the nineteenth month from the Hijrah of the apostle of Allah. Asma was the wife of Yazid Ibn Zayd Ibn Hisn al-Khatmi. She used to revile Islam, offend the Prophet and instigate the (people) against him. She composed verses.
When the apostle heard what she had said, he said, "Who will rid me of Marwan's daughter?" `Umayr b. `Ady al-Khatami, who was with him, heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her.

Umayr Ibn Adi came to her in the night and entered her house. Her children were sleeping around her. There was one whom she was suckling. He searched her with his hand because he was blind, and separated the child from her. He thrust his sword in her chest till it pierced up to her back. Then he offered the morning prayers with the Prophet at al-Medina. The apostle of Allah said to him: “Have you slain the daughter of Marwan?” He said: “Yes. Is there something more for me to do?” He [Muhammad] said: “No. Two goats will butt together about her.
This was the word that was first heard from the apostle of Allah. The apostle of Allah called him Umayr, “Basir” (the seeing).

Waiting for lululuku69 to respond. When you tell them this is Islam they cry "Show us!” When you show them from their books they begin to go into the " magic of reinterpretation" of their books.
Islam has always presented itself as what it is really not. They say it is a religion of peace. You will discover that they actually HATE every other person and are more EAGER to fight than pursue peace. They say Mohamed is the BEST of example. You look at his life and see a caravan raider, pedophile, warmonger, slave owner, had more wives and sex slaves than the koran prescribes for any Moslem, etc, etc. And you ask "What is the best of example here to be followed?” They have been sold a dummy and have accepted it hook line and sinker.
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Lukuluku69(m): 9:37am On Jan 26
SIRTeee15:

Did the Prophet asked or told him the Blind Man to kill those who abuse him?

Please search and bring where the Prophet expressly asked his Companions to kill his abusers.

That the Prophet says no revenge be carried out on the blind man is neither here nor there and can't be taken as an interpretation for subsequent actions just like when Jesus refused to sanction the stoning of the Woman taken in Adultery.

Or does it mean that since Jesus doesn't condemn her, Adultery is now Legal?
Re: Saudi Arabia Approves Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:38am On Jan 26
Had Islam been this peaceful and reasonable i can't be convinced to opt out but it has always been like forcing what we believe on others even though they can't see any reason why they have to comply other than the book (Qur'an) we carry whereas God never spoke from the sky to impose the book on anyone it has been what the Arabians say all along! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Fewer God - One Less Superstitious / Fear Fighter / Respect For God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.