Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition (16461 Views)

Zamfara: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Lawal-Dare (PDP), Dismisses APC's Suit / Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit / Appeal Court Dismisses Cole’s Petition Against Fubara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by BondRiv: 11:57am On Jan 25
Oghene86:

Watch Fubara in full swing now πŸ˜‚

He cannot do anything.
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by IfnobeGod20: 12:01pm On Jan 25
lonelydora:

Calm down. That was the agreement that made Supreme Court not to remove him.
Please were you there when the agreement was entered? The rate at which you guys undermining democracy in this country is alarming. With this your statement, it connotes some people are somewhere remote controlling who to favour with their judgement. You people doesn't know the kind of irreparable damage you are causing the nation, thinking you're undoing some people. Democracy doesn't thrive when people can buy judgement, thereby neglecting justice and without justice, there can never be peace and tranquility and that was what birth what we are experiencing today as a nation.
You guys need to think deeply before commenting as not to demean the system.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by AlhajiCSO: 12:02pm On Jan 25
I pity Wike moving forward
that ikwere chairman will learn the hard way
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by vanitybutiwanti: 12:07pm On Jan 25
AlhajiCSO:
I pity Wike moving forward
that ikwere chairman will learn the hard way
nothing will happen, sim just spoke after his victory today and he expressed his appreciation to his oga(wike). If he wants to fight he will lose, if he wants peace we will give him peace
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by IfnobeGod20: 12:16pm On Jan 25
udemzyudex:

The highest federal government will do to him is stop federal allocation to rivers state.

He was elected the same way Tinubu was, he has executive power too.

Make una dey try calm down.
On what basis would FG stopped allocation to any state? My brother it is a statutory bound on the FG to allocate monthly accrue to each state and LG of the federation. The OBJ that did that to Lagos was lampooned by the supreme court. You cannot punish a whole state of their statutory allocation for nothing. No matter what happened allocation must be shared to each LG and state monthly. It is a statutory condition that must be fulfilled. The allocation is not meant for the governor or local government chairman. It is for the whole state. It's even an impeachable offence to withhold such allocation to a state.
The last time it happened was during OBJ and no president can try that again because you cannot paralyze a state by denying them their statutory allocation for the month.
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Larryndelaw: 12:20pm On Jan 25
Splashme:
All the same, Fubara was foolish to have withdrawn court cases that gave him advantage.

He even asked his reliable eye in the Assembly (Edison Ehie) to resign ... further depleting his numerical strength in the Assembly.

I know he was tricked, but it was stupid of him to have accepted such agreement.

He is now very vulnerable to Wike

You are one of the people that pushed to be fighting wike.
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 12:28pm On Jan 25
Na wetin dey keep this guy docile all these time be this.

Home go start acting now, starting from that LGA chairman that called him names.
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Tochj(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25
spencekat:
Mighty indeed. Take a stroll down the memory lane, you will know that a sitting governor has power more than a mere minister. Fubara doesn't know the kind of powers a governor of a rich state like Rivers has. Tinubu as a governor utilized it against the 'tough' ex president Obasanjo.
I understand you
but can you guess why supreme Court judgement is delayed until he complied with Tinubu directive?
Now the Judgement has been released after caging him.
Now that the Judgement is concluded
He can now try to free himself

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by AlhajiCSO: 12:41pm On Jan 25
vanitybutiwanti:
nothing will happen, sim just spoke after his victory today and he expressed his appreciation to his oga(wike). If he wants to fight he will lose, if he wants peace we will give him peace
dey play
you'll learn the hard way
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by blueAgent(m): 12:46pm On Jan 25
djon78:
Wow congratulations Gov Sim!!

Time to focus and deliver dividends to your people

Wike Wike Wike
How many times did I call you?

Leave Sim alone to Govern

If you no like him way
Wait for 2027 to stop his re election

Better focus on FCT

Thanks to our president Bola Ahmed Tinubu for being liberal with the Governors

I see Tinubus Presidency like Obj own
Governor's will have there say and work with him
2027 may be easy for the President

Sighs!!!!

Rubbish
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by mastermaestro(m): 12:46pm On Jan 25
vanitybutiwanti:
Go through my comments, I've always affirmed that he will win at the court, its easier to impeach him than Cole, when we impeach him a person from our political family will take over, if we can't impeach him, we will definitely push him out in 2027

You need a memory recovery class. Have you forgotten what happened when you guys tried to impeach before? As dominant as Tinubu was in Lagos, he still humbly allowed recalcitrant Ambode to complete his term. Gragra will fail you and Wike. grin
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Gerard28: 12:49pm On Jan 25
Splashme:

With Wike controlling 90% of the Assembly?

He can do NOTHING!

Deceive yourself on
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by ufuosman(m): 12:49pm On Jan 25
Congrats
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by vanitybutiwanti: 12:49pm On Jan 25
mastermaestro:

You need a memory recovery class. Have you forgotten what happened when you guys tried to impeach before? As dominant as Tinubu was in Lagos, he still humbly allowed recalcitrant Ambode to complete his term. Gragra will fail you and Wike. grin
Those guys that burnt down the house are on their way to prison, this time we have a 100% pro wike house with their own security in new gra, we already have enough grounds to impeach, one of which is the budget presentation, he knows better than most of you on social media urging him to fight
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Gerard28: 12:57pm On Jan 25
Confirmedzombie:
I thought LP and Peter obi claimed they won Rivers.

Useless party with a Pandora liar leader.

Shame on Obi.

This is victory for democracy

See how you stupidly changed context.
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by TruthsFM: 12:59pm On Jan 25
Congratulations πŸŽ‰ to Governor Fubara
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Nyouth: 1:26pm On Jan 25
If he had not signed the tinubu peace agreement by now supreme court would have sacked him
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by blackgold2018(m): 1:34pm On Jan 25
Splashme:
All the same, Fubara was foolish to have withdrawn court cases that gave him advantage.

He even asked his reliable eye in the Assembly (Edison Ehie) to resign ... further depleting his numerical strength in the Assembly.

I know he was tricked, but it was stupid of him to have accepted such agreement.

very very foolish of him

He was clearly threatened on a supreme court Sake. If you observed you Implemented his last agreement days to the supreme court judgement out of fear.

Hes truly a coward. I better be sacked by the supreme court with honour than be ridiculed by the masses.
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by blackgold2018(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25
SALLYBERRY01:
Maybe this was the reason he submitted to wike
yes it is.

But its better to be sacked with Honour than to be ridiculed by the masses.

The fight is still on. Now Wike will make sure he doesn't get a second term.
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by blackgold2018(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25
Oghene86:

Watch Fubara in full swing now πŸ˜‚
which full swing.

I supported him initially but he should go and sit down
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Melagros(m): 1:45pm On Jan 25
Splashme:

I dey tell you, the thing pained me pass you

Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Melagros(m): 1:47pm On Jan 25
Oghene86:

You expect the governor to respond to that ? In due time Nwanosike would be taught a lesson except he comes out publicly to apologize to the governor
Don't mind him, he doesn't know, some people are very daft here
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Kinzo0917(m): 2:02pm On Jan 25
SALLYBERRY01:
Maybe this was the reason he submitted to wike

You just spoke my mind

Had he not agreed to those terms, d court would ve ruled against him

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Kinzo0917(m): 2:10pm On Jan 25
Precious452:
Hmmm....We are about to watch the return leg of Abuja FC vs Rivers State Govt house FC grin

Babe you make sense but your attacking formations no too sharp . just like super eagles attack

As for defense, well, is not as solid like that of real Madrid. But like that Chelsea fc

For your face, u look like mancity. You are pretty
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Ikinternational: 2:16pm On Jan 25
Splashme:

With Wike controlling 90% of the Assembly?

He can do NOTHING!

Nigerian politicians are not known for shenanigans.
Very loyal full integrity set of people

Oya ....bet your account balance on it
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Precious452(f): 2:18pm On Jan 25
Thank you and please face front.

Kinzo0917:

Babe you make sense but your attacking formations no too sharp . just like super eagles attack

As for defense, well, is not as solid like that of real Madrid. But like that Chelsea fc

For your face, u look like mancity. You are pretty
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Coronavirus1: 2:34pm On Jan 25
Watch out sim hence Fort he has fully ballance now he will change his style of governance now time is ripe.
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by Ikinternational: 2:38pm On Jan 25
Confirmedzombie:

Shame on Obi.

You have cussed PO....fine we heard you.

Now I dare you to use the same gusto tell us which one your father accomplished for this Nigeria

Based on your tone, one might assume your bottom left shoe get grade pass Mr Obi

Na still PDP I blame for your ilks having a voice.
How do you manage to blow a gift wrapped easy lay up election
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by EmperorCaesar(m): 2:57pm On Jan 25
Armaggedon:
It's over for wike

The idiot of a governor will have no excuse again for not being a man.

You blasted the two of them
On whose side are u
Re: Rivers: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Fubara (PDP), Dismisses Cole's Petition by AcuraZDX: 3:39pm On Jan 25
Confirmedzombie:

Shame on Obi.

Zombie, the petition is from your party man and you're here crying kpa kpa kpa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police / Ekiti Assembly Suspends Sunday Akinniyi, Chief Whip For Sleeping / Police Discovers 19 Heavyweight Bombs In Adamawa, Foils Plans To Bomb Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.