Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) (23545 Views)

Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? / 12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Rahkman: 11:54am On Jan 25
Useless dirty stinking state I go to lagos for money reasons only na mad person dey live for that nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:55am On Jan 25
Big lie
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by ufotunang: 11:55am On Jan 25
Dubai that 1,411 federal and state government officials travelled to Dubia to see the development ,beauty of Dubia and the cities enjoy themselves over there...during COP 29 meeting
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by ufotunang: 11:56am On Jan 25
Lagos where there are bad roads and pot holes everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by ufotunang: 11:57am On Jan 25
ChronicGp:
Na typo error,
Which Lagos?
...maybe he meant the Lagos in USA šŸ™„

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by ufotunang: 11:58am On Jan 25
qtguru:
This dirty Lagos I doubt it, not hating but Lagos is dirty
.. refuse bins and dirty open gutter everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Ykc2(m): 12:00pm On Jan 25
Lagos where ijora badiya, olosha,makoko,agege ikorodu ,ajegulnle,iyanasashi,mosholashi,ketu ,ojota, idi araba ,idumota,idumagbo,ebute metta east orile dey abi another lagos?,all this places and many more if you tell me one wey gutter wey dey dia is covered am not talking about western under ground sewage system and talking about covering gutters ,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Nahunger(m): 12:00pm On Jan 25
Johnbullthe3rd:
Small nyash the shake rigorously.
The person wey make this list been Dey smoke Colorado 5 minutes ago.

The mod wey push to front page they on steady supply of weed.

If you believe this list, you can as well believe I own Pluto and Jupiter, currently selling these planets for 2k each.

NB
Donā€™t get me wrong, lagos is doing very well for it self and for Nigeria too. Telling me lagos beats Miami and Dubai in a ā€œbest city rankingā€ is an insult to our intelligence.

Is it the Lagos in Nigeria or the Lagos in Portugal??

Lol
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Greenfusion: 12:02pm On Jan 25
Keep deceiving thyself

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Litmus: 12:03pm On Jan 25
Lagos and Nigeria is warm and vibrant. This count for much. The Rio Carnival is vibrant yet dangerous. Dubai has futuristic skylines, spectacular lights and safe. Both offer different attractions that fair publications on top places to visit should take into consideration. Publications just never took this into consideration in terms of Nigeria. Perhaps they are beginning.

As I began at the outset, Lagos like the rest of Nigeria is a warm, vibrant, colourful place with much unappreciated cultures. The Nigeria people are generally on the happy, loving and helpful side, in spite of how Nigeria's immoral, selfish, shortsighted, immature and all forms of expletives Opposition Politics has painted it in order to control the people sense of selves. When I draw reference to Opposition Politics, I refer to all side of the spectrum.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Mummiesboy: 12:03pm On Jan 25
Fiscus105:
Negative minded would still condernm the ranking, if they rank it worst,they would condernm, now that it's rank better ,they would still wail.

Am sure the fellow that brought out that list has taken something his brain can't comprehend
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by MrSundry: 12:03pm On Jan 25
ceejayluv:

Oh, alright... It's clear now. I nearly wrote a protest email to the ranking officials sef. grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by richardokubo(m): 12:06pm On Jan 25
Johnbullthe3rd:

If you believe this list, you can as well believe I own Pluto and Jupiter, currently selling these planets for 2k each.

NB
Donā€™t get me wrong, lagos is doing very well for it self and for Nigeria too. Telling me lagos beats Miami and Dubai in a ā€œbest city rankingā€ is an insult to our intelligence.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜†šŸ¤£šŸ˜†šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜† Bro u know lie at all I can't stop laughing when I saw the news here too.
The person truly just finished Taking that thing that turn his or her brain

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Mandate2023: 12:06pm On Jan 25
zebszebs:
I think they meant Lagos, Portugal, because how?

Even if people are deceiving you, should you deceive yourself?

Lagos that has:
1. No running water
2. Untarred, pothole-scarred, inner-city roads
3. Refuse is most times left unpicked for weeks and in some cases months by LAWMA
4. Stagnant gutters, filled with greenish effluents and other human waste, forming a breeding ground for vampire-life, blood-sucking mosquitoes.
5. Lagos where large swaths of the city are governed by non-state actors who go about shaking down small businesses and individuals for unofficial taxes and levies? The likes of them Oluomo and his NURTW ilk, to mention a few?

That same Lagos is better than Dubai?

And some people will believe this?

Everything but number 1, if those countries have the kind of environment we have dey will develop better facilities to make borehole very durable
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by highchief1: 12:07pm On Jan 25
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Litmus: 12:10pm On Jan 25
If this article is true, you'll find - if you keep on top of it - that forces purportedly Nigerian ( may not be Nigerians but Africans of elsewhere ) will start reaching out to that publication to pressure them to retract.

This types of diabolical actions, Nigeria Opposition Politics endorse. They'll say that the entire world can help make Nigeria better by never saying anything positive about Nigeria because doing so will discourage change while endorsing corruption and unfair practices.

Simplified of course. But I've witnessed similar actions as the above by anti-Nigeria forces.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by arsenal33: 12:12pm On Jan 25
BigBelleControl:
Are they referring to
Lagos Sate, Lagos City, Lagos Island or Lagos Metropolis?
When they say it is the worst, you do not ask that question
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by EmekaBlue(m): 12:14pm On Jan 25
Entertainment news

No mean say Lagos fine pass many better cities even small china cities in the world
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by seguno2: 12:15pm On Jan 25
Johnbullthe3rd:

NB

Forget colo and weed, and focus on heroin. Thatā€™s the stuff of the drug lord in Aso Rock.

Racoon:
Festus Keyamo Defends Tinubu From Drug Trafficking, Says Tinubu Mistakenly Shared Flats With Drug Lords

The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Mr Festus Keyamo, has distanced the All Progressive Congress presidential candidata, Bola Tinubu, from being a drug baron who was involved in the traffic of narcotics in the United States.

Keyamo, who also doubles as APC Presidential Campaign spokesperson, noted that the former governor of Lagos State only shared a block of flat with drug barons about 30 years ago in the US.

His reaction is coming following documents of a Chicago District Court indicting and convicting Tinubu of drug dealings and money laundering in 1993.

The document which emerged online two days ago, described APC standard-bearer as a drug baron, adding that Tinubu entered a plea bargain, leading to the forfeiture of his assets to US authorities in 1993

It was also pointed out that Tinubu forfeited the sum of $460, 000 dollars in his bank account at First Heritage Bank to the US government.

Speaking on Wednesday on Channels TV, Mr Keyamo dismissed such claims, insisting that Tinubu was linked to drug peddlers who were his neighbours.

He said: ā€œWhat happened was that Tinubu went to open an account. The address which he used in opening the account was the address used by these people. I think some blocks of flats. Maybe, he was happy to be in that block of flats too.

ā€œSo, they now link it that the other people they were investigating for narcotics are in the same address used by Asiwaju to open that account.ā€™ā€™

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/?.
Ā 
U.S. court judgement indicts Tinubu for drug trafficking

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/news/article/u-s-court-judgement-indicts-tinubu-for-drug-trafficking/

US Court Releases Documents Linking Tinubu to Largescale Drug Peddling

https://fij.ng/article/us-court-releases-documents-linking-tinubu-to-largescale-drug-peddling/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by blueAgent(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25
Which kind clownish report is this?
Best as in SLUMS or Dirts or Balu bau ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by REGINALD001(m): 12:17pm On Jan 25
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-lagos-beats-dubai-miami-ranked-19th-out-of-50-best-cities-in-2024/amp

AFTER POSTING THIS INCONSEQUENTIAL ARTICLE....... HAVE YOU CHECKED THE PRICE OF 1KG COOKING GAS TODAY?
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Urgent1Million: 12:20pm On Jan 25
They obviously have never been to Lagos.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by blueAgent(m): 12:21pm On Jan 25
cjudy:
So Lagos is better than:

20. Melbourne, Australia

21. Naples, Italy
22. Singapore
23. Miami, US
24. Bangkok, Thailand
25. Lima, Peru
26. Budapest, Hungary
27. Beijing, China
28. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
29. Montreal, Canada
30. Glasgow, UK

31. Sydney, Australia
32. Bueno Aires, Argentina
33. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
34. Manila, Philippines
35. Seoul, South Korea
36. Hanoi, Vietnam
37. San Francisco, US
38. Barcelona, Spain
39. Abu Dhabi, UAE
40. New Orleans, US

41Philadelphia, US
42. Austin, US
43. Boston, US
44. Accra, Ghana
45. Marseille, France
46. Taipei, Taiwan
47. Istanbul, Turkey
48. Osaka, Japan
49. Hong Kong, China
50. Vancouver, Canada

I no fit laugh for this foolish media

True.
Aleast it has more brown zinc, than the other cities. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by blueAgent(m): 12:25pm On Jan 25
Ykc2:
Lagos where ijora badiya, olosha,makoko,agege ikorodu ,ajegulnle,iyanasashi,mosholashi,ketu ,ojota, idi araba ,idumota,idumagbo,ebute metta east orile dey abi another lagos?,all this places and many more if you tell me one wey gutter wey dey dia is covered am not talking about western under ground sewage system and talking about covering gutters ,

Sighs!!!

The Same lagos ,some ppl Lord and personal saviour developed. grin grin

Clowns.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Haaland21: 12:29pm On Jan 25
The sore losers who claimed they developed wont agree. We really dodged a bullet from that gbadue people party.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Gboom: 12:31pm On Jan 25
Johnbullthe3rd:

NB

Comment of a bittered soul
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by palpablegist: 12:35pm On Jan 25
Oh really?
Please what's the position of the Nigerian passport again out of 54 African countries?
50th
Yeah!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by IronGalaxy: 12:37pm On Jan 25
Now this is laughable grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Umuinyioku: 12:37pm On Jan 25
zebszebs:

Lagos that has:
1. No running water
3. Refuse is most times left unpicked for weeks and in some cases months by LAWMA
4. Stagnant gutters, filled with greenish effluents and other human waste, forming a breeding ground for vampire-life, blood-sucking mosquitoes.
5. Lagos where large swaths of the city are governed by non-state actors who go about shaking down small businesses and individuals for unofficial taxes and levies? The likes of them Oluomo and his NURTW ilk, to mention a few?

Well said bro. You captured the Truth and lies being peddled by paid agents of Sanwo Olu.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by creolehunt: 12:41pm On Jan 25
Alhajikd:

And you believe this nonsense?
Your brain need to be reexamined to acertain whether you are entirely senseless or foolish or both

Characteristics of dense humans:

1. They couldn't identify sarcasm even if it hit them in the face.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by stywo(m): 12:42pm On Jan 25
If they decieved us ,don't let us decieve ourselves...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by aylagos(m): 12:43pm On Jan 25
zebszebs:

Lagos that has:
1. No running water

which of those cities have you been to with running waterā€¦.try leave your village first before you discredit Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Driver Abandons Young Man After Hitting Him With His Car In Ajah, Lagos. Photos / Dirtiest Places In Lagos| Co-tenant / Aero Online Booking For Ngn7000, Scam Or Plain Risk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.