Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! (8203 Views)

It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. / Uk Settlement Visa Info / 3 Months And 1 Week Waiting For Uk Settlement Visa - Settlement Visa Posts Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by graffiti: 10:30am On Nov 07, 2011
I give all praises to my ever faithful God. I got my spouse visa speedily and stress free!  grin grin
I applied on the 17th Oct and got no SMS though, but kept tracking it online. On the 2nd Nov status had changed to "application ready for collection",
Picked up my spouse visa the next day. Visa had been issued on 27th Oct. Woooow, I'm still amazed shocked shocked
Thanks to the good peeps of nairaland. This site has been so informative and helpful. Keep up the good works guys.
Wishing all applicants that are still hopeful and expectant best of luck,

Cheers!!!
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by justwise(m): 10:37am On Nov 07, 2011
graffiti:

I give all praises to my ever faithful God. I got my spouse visa speedily and stress free!  grin grin
I applied on the 17th Oct and got no SMS though, but kept tracking it online. On the 2nd Nov status had changed to "application ready for collection",
Picked up my spouse visa the next day. Visa had been issued on 27th Oct. Woooow, I'm still amazed shocked shocked
Thanks to the good peeps of nairaland. This site has been so informative and helpful. Keep up the good works guys.
Wishing all applicants that are still hopeful and expectant best of luck,

Cheers!!!

Congrat!! that was super quick.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by graffiti: 10:51am On Nov 07, 2011
@Justwise
Yes o, wasn't even expecting it so soon, after reading some responses here about people who waited for 3months before it went through.
I'm so grateful to God.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by justwise(m): 11:00am On Nov 07, 2011
graffiti:

@Justwise
Yes o, wasn't even expecting it so soon, after reading some responses here about people who waited for 3months before it went through.
I'm so grateful to God.

That is what happens when you do things right, congrat again, enjoy ur married life with ur other half.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by joe02(m): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2011
congrat bro and am happy for u.pls i will be going through thesame process in few weeks tym and i will like to knw wat are d document u submitted and wat question do they ask u during d interveiw?pls help share if u dont mind.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by OmoTier1(m): 11:28am On Nov 07, 2011
Surely something must be happening at the BHC!

I also helped someone prepared a Tier 2 General visas and it was approved in 3.5days! I could not believed my eyes when He showed me the scanned visas ensigned.

Has Boko Haram pursuit from Abuja madr BHC now more effective as I was realiably informed that they have moved thier visas processing to DBHC Lagos following thr UN house bombing by Boko Haram.

@grafitti, congrats and hope you do share details of how you went about the PROPER documentation so others can learn a lesson or two from it!
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by graffiti: 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2011
@Justwise
Thank you very much for your wishes.

@Joe02
I am female o, lol
I wasn't called for any interview o. The docs we submitted are:
1.Completed application form
2.Letter supporting the application detailing our relationship,how we keep in touch,why we opted to settle in the uk,my career intention etc. As much as u can introduce your relationship,its genuineness and ur future plan,etc.
4. Our birth certificates.
5. Loads of Pictures at diff stages of our relationship and wedding pictures.
6. Marriage certificate.
7. Spouse's P60
8. Spouse's 6months payslip
9. Spouse's 6months bank statement
10. Tenancy agreement and letter from landlord.
11. Utility bills
12. Letter from spouse's employer
13.Phone call record between aug2010-aug2011 (from lebara)
14. Emails and chat records
15.Spouse's shares record
16. Correspondence with an employment agency I registered with (REED)
17. My degree and professional certificates. and transcript.
18. My employment letters (in naija)
19. My 3months payslip
20. My pension statement (stanbic IBTC)
21. Cooperative contribution statement from office.
22. Copy of work ID card
23. Copy of Spouse's work ID card and drivers licence
24. Copies of spouse's passport showing entries and departures from naija and bio data page.
25. Boarding passes and travelling documents.
26.Copies of my passport pages showing visas and entries and departures from the UK.

N.B: I didn't even include my acct statement cos it had ziilch balance and spouse's account balance was less than £1k as he's spent heavily on wedding.
*all documents were original save for spouse's passport and ID cards.

Don't hesitate to contact me if u have further questions
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by Chuks84(m): 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2011
hi. please where did you put in your application. abj or lagos?
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by OmoTier1(m): 2:31am On Nov 08, 2011
Chuks84:

hi. please where did you put in your application. abj or lagos?
Doesn't really matter where you apply in Nigeria unlike in some places in Asia or middle east.

UKBA operations in Nigeria are streamlined between Lagos and Abuja and certain visas category are only carried out in Abuja while some others are done only in Lagos. So if you apply in Lagos and that visas is only issued in Abuja, e.g All point based System visas, then you application will be couriered to Abuja for processing.

So I think making your documents are in order, original and properly indexed will facilitate your application.

Gets on my nerves when I see people filling out application forms at the application center and shuffling documents few minutes before submission, but hey why won't that assist the ECO in missing out key documents when you fail to arrange them nicely and properly indexed along the application form sections so that the ECO can follow your documentary evidence as He/She consideres your application form.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by Chuks84(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2011
Thanks.But I jus want to know where she applied cos I put in my own application on d 13th of october@ their lekki collection center and my status still shows'application forwarded to BHC'
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by graffiti: 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2011
I applied at Lekki centre,though the visa was issued in Abuja.
Proper,neat and indexed documentation is the way to go,it makes the decision process easier and more enjoyable for the caseworker!
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by sholasho(m): 12:26am On Nov 09, 2011
@graffiti,
there is no way they wont grant your visa.
see what you have listed that your submitted na.
if they don't issue it then you have to question them.
Felicitation
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by collinsefe: 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
@Grafitti. Did u use a lawyer or immigration consultant or just packaged the docs yourself.? Also can i e-mail you direct? i have some more questions.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by chairmano: 11:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
@ grafitti - congrats.

Hello all,
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by Busybody2(f): 11:53pm On Dec 14, 2011
Kini big deal undecided How many times has it been discussed in this section that settlement visas takes two days as it only takes 15 minutes to process a straightforward application cool

Anywayz, congrats and welcome to the ratrace cool Greet all of them, including the Queen, for us, in rondon oh tongue
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by WaveofG: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2011
@ Busy Body.

, Guess not to miss one's way, It is simple common sense to ask for directions, smiley

Service standards according to UKBA;
For processing UK visa applications.
Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date;
and 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.
Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.

The data for their processing time for SEPTEMBER 2011 for applications made in LAGOS,NIGERIA;
Settlement Visas
2 DAYS TO 10 DAYS = 0%
15 DAYS = 6%
40 DAYS = 15%
60 DAYS = 81%
90 DAYS = 98%
120 DAYS = 100%

TOTAL DECISIONS MADE WAS 64.

See you around.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by Busybody2(f): 12:46am On Dec 16, 2011
WaveofG.:

[size=14pt]@ Busy Body.

, Guess not to miss one's way, It is simple common sense to ask for directions, smiley[/size]

Service standards according to UKBA;
For processing UK visa applications.
Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date;
and 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.
Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.

The data for their processing time for SEPTEMBER 2011 for applications made in LAGOS,NIGERIA;
Settlement Visas
2 DAYS TO 10 DAYS = 0%
15 DAYS = 6%
40 DAYS = 15%
60 DAYS = 81%
90 DAYS = 98%
120 DAYS = 100%

TOTAL DECISIONS MADE WAS 64.

See you around.

Excuse you, who does not have common sense Well its the end of the year and a season to be jolly, so i would let this slide cool

What do you need help with? English Comprehension or Statistical Analysis? Well, its your lucky day, so me and my bleeding heart would indulge you and just go right ahead to lecture you on both subject. Now, grab a pen and paper and listen up real good, so hopefully i would not have to repeat myself cool

1)  ENGLISH COMPREHENSION: According to your UKBA excerpt 95% of settlement application is processed within 12 weeks. Pay close attention to the preposition used i.e. WITHIN, now to break it down for you, this can also be substituted with "BEFORE", meaning that it takes them anytime from 0 days up to 12 weeks to process, comprende, MEANING I WAS RIGHT WITH MY "IT TAKES TWO DAYS" COMMENT wink

II) STATISTICS: Again, your excerpt from UKBA states that, 100% of settlement application is processed within 24 weeks. NOW REPEAT AFTER ME - THIS MEANS THAT ALL APPLICATION IS DEALT WITH BY 24 WEEKS, meaning that applications that cannot be dealt with before the stipulated 12 weeks is completed by 24 weeks maximum, GEDDIT cool

III) I can see you have pulled up the processing stats for the month of September, well for your information, September is the busiest period they receive visa applications from students, ignorant of the fact that one could apply a year ahead. . . so there you go cool

See you around too. . .
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by WaveofG: 1:21am On Dec 16, 2011
@ Busy Body.

I am happy that you are allowing it to slide, cause no way did I bring common sense issue to your door.
By the way my lecture days are well over, ha,ha,ha.
The last statistics for Lagos was September, so really what is the need for the long comprehension.
Anyway, read you the first time.

See you around.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by Busybody2(f): 2:08am On Dec 16, 2011
WaveofG.:

@ Busy Body.

I am happy that you are allowing it to slide, cause no way did I bring common sense issue to your door.
By the way my lecture days are well over, ha,ha,ha.
The last statistics for Lagos was September, so really what is the need for the long comprehension.
Anyway, read you the first time.

See you around.

Really, so was your comment about commonsense addressed to my person really necessary then If you can't grasp the concept of the word "within", why blame me for the foresight of thinking i have my work cut out with you, hence would need to volunteer to set aside a few days to lecture you

Anyway you wanted to tutor me, so thank you for supplying the material i used to lecture you cool Oh, and thanks for getting it swiftly thereby making my job easier tongue

See you when i see you cool
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by WaveofG: 2:43am On Dec 16, 2011
@Busy Body.

, This is the way we read our books, read our books, read our books,
That is just the way it is.

See you around.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by pcnwamadi(m): 11:45am On Dec 31, 2011
it baffles me how evrybody wants to go to UK wen notin is even hapnin dere, people are so happy wen dey get UK visa, i feel so ashamed of Nigerians, tufiakwa,
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2011
pcnwamadi:

it baffles me how evrybody wants to go to UK wen notin is even hapnin dere, people are so happy wen dey get UK visa, i feel so ashamed of Nigerians, tufiakwa,

pcnwamadi aka soneztrade Nigeria should be shamed of people like you. fraudulent Nigerians like you is what is wrong with Nigeria today

This is you here with another ID https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-702656.0.html
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by pcnwamadi(m): 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2011
wat makes me fraudulent,have i defrauded u before or anybody in nairaland? ur full of shit, go get a life, mudafucker,
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by justwise(m): 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2011
pcnwamadi:

wat makes me fraudulent,have i defrauded u before or anybody in nairaland? your full of poo, go get a life, mudafucker,

Yes you are a scammer, both here, education and in[b] job section[/b] using different IDs to post bogus job advert, silly cow.

Here you are prince8319 running your Canadian admission fraud https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-89412.0.html
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by genevieveh: 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
applied for settlement on the 28th of november and my status still remains application forwarded to british high commission.i am getting anxious coupled with the holidays also.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by OmoTier1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
genevieveh:

applied for settlement on the 28th of november and my status still remains application forwarded to british high commission.i am getting anxious coupled with the holidays also.
If your application is straight forward, most likely second week of January you might get a text alert. Some how towards the end of 2011, BHC seems to have increased their tempo on visas processing, so you just have missed out on that. Best of luck all the same,
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by genevieveh: 5:43am On Jan 03, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

If your application is straight forward, most likely second week of January you might get a text alert. Some how towards the end of 2011, BHC seems to have increased their tempo on visas processing, so you just have missed out on that. Best of luck all the same,
thank u so much for the reassurance but i was told to track my application online they said smthn about sms tracking no longer being available.though i would have prefered it.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by WaveofG: 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ Genevieveh.

Happy New 2012.
The status will change shortly & it will be what you seek ok IJN.
I am not so sure the text services is active anymore or e-mail as I
wanted to pay for the services whilst submitting and was told otherwise.
Do relax and I pray it happens sooner.
To be fair I cannot even remember how many times I kept checking mine!.
Take it a day at a time.
The holidays over now, so It's back to work for all.

See you around.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by genevieveh: 7:27am On Jan 19, 2012
hello,
plz i want to find out if the uk embassy in Lagos has resumed work i am still waiting for a reply from them.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by i4dey: 9:07pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hello.

I wish to apply for spousal visa too. Will a church marriage certificate be accepted? Or do I need to take my husband to go do a court wedding? The church that issued the certificate is CAC at Abuja. Please let me know
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by OmoTier1(m): 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2012
i4dey:

Hello.

I wish to apply for spousal visa too. Will a church marriage certificate be accepted? Or do I need to take my husband to go do a court wedding? The church that issued the certificate is CAC at Abuja. Please let me know
Official marriage certificate is much appreciated and leaves no room for doubt. But if you have lots and lots of pictures to go with your church marriage with contacts for verification, that would nail it in.

Did you go to court to sign marriage register at your local council? If yes, then go get your registration certificate and put that as part of your application supporting document. Make sure it is original please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? / Graphic Photos! Accident At Ojuelegba Just Now / In Pictures: Gaddafi's Private Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.