Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! (8211 Views)

It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. / Uk Settlement Visa Info / 3 Months And 1 Week Waiting For Uk Settlement Visa - Settlement Visa Posts Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by johnwray: 5:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
For those of you that bought this 8 day decision story... This is just to let you know how impossible it is. Before a settlement visa is passed to a case worker, some verifications are done. Now, what to verify depends on the application and the documents provided but the one verification that is inevitable is the CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK on the sponsor. This is called CRB in the UK and it takes at least 2 weeks before they get a response. If you remember in the application, towards the end where they asked questions regarding criminal records, terror group etc... this check certifies whether information provided there is true or not and UK does not joke with this. This is why non-settlement is quicker because verification is only initiated if there are suspicions on documents provided and all verifications are local based (i.e., nigeria). Now tell me how someone got a decission for non-settlement within 8 days do not be fooled guys... I will not tell u where i work but i guess u can figure that out.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by justwise(m): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
johnwray: For those of you that bought this 8 day decision story... This is just to let you know how impossible it is. Before a settlement visa is passed to a case worker, some verifications are done. Now, what to verify depends on the application and the documents provided but the one verification that is inevitable is the CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK on the sponsor. This is called CRB in the UK and it takes at least 2 weeks before they get a response. If you remember in the application, towards the end where they asked questions regarding criminal records, terror group etc... this check certifies whether information provided there is true or not and UK does not joke with this. This is why non-settlement is quicker because verification is only initiated if there are suspicions on documents provided and all verifications are local based (i.e., nigeria). Now tell me how someone got a decission for non-settlement within 8 days do not be fooled guys... I will not tell u where i work but i guess u can figure that out.

As this age of technology getting ones CRB will not take ages, the police with handheld device on the street get that within minutes
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by johnwray: 11:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
justwise:

As this age of technology getting ones CRB will not take ages, the police with handheld device on the street get that within minutes

police handheld searches targeted register depending on the information they want e.g., absconders register, young offenders, wanted etc. And they do so directly because they have the right to. home office (visa section) has to apply for such information and CRB is a comprehensive check. i case my rest. undecided
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by justwise(m): 7:37am On Mar 20, 2013
johnwray:

police handheld searches targeted register depending on the information they want e.g., absconders register, young offenders, wanted etc. And they do so directly because they have the right to. home office (visa section) has to apply for such information and CRB is a comprehensive check. i case my rest. undecided

So the police has the right to do that and the embassy who has the important task to decide who comes into the country doesn't?

An enhance CRB is only done when one applies to work with vulnerable people otherwise standard CRB is carried out which is what the embassies does and these records are held in a central database accessible by authorized govt agencies which i strongly believed that the immigration is one of them.

These checks does not take days anymore rather within minutes your records will appear in front of ECO and the decision will be made in your application.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by johnwray: 12:10am On Mar 23, 2013
word of advise... only the police force has direct right to those info. any other govt agency applies through the force. HO Visa section doesn't even have the right to request for your tax records directly. while they have your consent to request this, they can only apply through the force and this is only in cases where they suspect fraud. enough said, I worked in the ......... office last year through an agency. the info i have just given u is FACT. only the force has direct right to those info. other govt office needs court approval or go through the force.
Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! by justwise(m): 7:58am On Mar 23, 2013
johnwray: word of advise... only the police force has direct right to those info. any other govt agency applies through the force. HO Visa section doesn't even have the right to request for your tax records directly. while they have your consent to request this, they can only apply through the force and this is only in cases where they suspect fraud. enough said, I worked in the ......... office last year through an agency. the info i have just given u is FACT. only the force has direct right to those info. other govt office needs court approval or go through the force.

If you have ever worked with any immigration agent(which i doubt) then that must be more than 10yrs ago because you arguments here shows that.

The argument here is not whether immigration has direct or indirect access to your crime-record..NO, rather its about how fast they can get hold of your record and make decision on your visa application. It does not take ages any more, they can pull out your records within minutes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our Best Pictures At Elegushi Beach In Lekki In 2016 / Lagos Warns Against Picking, Dropping Of Passengers In Unauthorised Places / Lagos State Government Declares Free BRT Service On Christmas, New Year's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.