Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism (325 Views)

Let Igbos Go To Kano Seek Advice On How To Overcome Victimisation - Aisha Yesufu / Adeleke Vs Oyetola: Group Alleges Intimidation Of Supreme Court Judges By APC Le / Nepotism Is Corruption, Obasanjo Tells Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism by lexylaw40kuti: 1:52pm On Jan 25
CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism
IndependentJan 25, 2024 12:30 PM

AKURE – A socio-political group, Concerned Elders’ Forum (CEF), has alleged massive victimisation and nepotism at the headquarters of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as a result of the ongoing repositioning of the bank.

A statement jointly signed by the chairman and secretary of the group, Dr. Olajide John and Chief Ajilo Olajuwon respectively, and made available to newsmen on Thursday, revealed that the current transfer and redeployment of members of staff of the apex bank of the federation have been lopsided.

It alleged that there were deliberate redeployment of staffers from the South-East to some departments, particularly Procurement and Support Services Department (PSSD) and Medical Services Department, to pave way for staffers from the Northern region of the federation.

According to the statement, the group exonerated the CBN Governor, Olayemi Cardoso, from the decisions taken by some senior management officers in the bank.

The group, therefore, wants President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the CBN Governor to look into and reverse the nepotistic redeployment.

The statement reads in parts: “This is to bring to your notice the current happenings at the CBN headquarters Abuja. The leadership of the bank has embarked on highly unjust and unfair treatment of staff of the southern extraction (majorly Igbo).

“Please note that the Management of the Bank recently came up with a decision to move some of the departments of the bank to lagos. However, it’s very obvious that the decision is simply a way to phase out staff members from the earlier mentioned regions.

“The recent transfer done so far has proved to be a huge hidden agenda to sideline and render redundant people from these regions in the bank in order to Favour the people from the northern region.

“It is sad to note that transfer of staff from the Procurement and Support Services Department ( PSSD) and Medical Services Department is a total case of ethnic cleansing.

” It’s on record that 95% of staff members transferred from PSSD and 85% from Medical Services were from Yoruba and Igbo extraction. Please verify

“Please also note that the current Governor of the CBN, Mr. Olayemi Cardoso is not aware of the details of the transfers done so far. There is a huge game plan by the northerners to keep only their own in all the relevant offices in the Bank. Please verify.
The procurement Department is already looking like a department meant for the northerners only.

“We call on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Vice president, Alhaji Shettima ; the First Lady, Remi Tinubu, the Chief of Staff, the CBN Governor and our royal fathers and all well meaning Nigerians to intervene and reverse this unjust, unfair and lopsided treatment against the people of South-East in the CBN.”
Re: CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism by 9jatriot(m): 1:58pm On Jan 25
CBN used to be seen as a very big bank until one yeye Meffi came and wanted to contest for president. He has now reduced the bank to a political state. After all the MD of CBN is also now call CBN governor, making it look like the 38th state after the 36 and the FCT.

Everything is now viewed with a political eye. Simple organization process like transfer from one state to the other is now generating a lot of buzz

1 Like

Re: CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism by DMerciful(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25
Why do you guys like deflecting? You're calling Emefiele for a policy that Cardoso made but the Northerners are taking advantage of and he is not monitoring to know what is going on.

Its clear that the Northerners don't wanna be relocated to Lagos so they're swapping Yorubas but majorly Igbos out
9jatriot:
CBN used to be seen as a very big bank until one yeye Meffi came and wanted to contest for president. He has now reduced the bank to a political state. After all the MD of CBN is also now call CBN governor, making it look like the 38th state after the 36 and the FCT.

Everything is now viewed with a political eye. Simple organization process like transfer from one state to the other is now generating a lot of buzz
Re: CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism by Validated: 2:40pm On Jan 25
DMerciful:
Why do you guys like deflecting? You're calling Emefiele for a policy that Cardoso made but the Northerners are taking advantage of and he is not monitoring to know what is going on.

Its clear that the Northerners don't wanna be relocated to Lagos so they're swapping Yorubas but majorly Igbos out
That is the hallmark of all Hypocrites. They do everything to deflect issues and push out rhetorics for their gullible to swallow hook line and sinkers

1 Like

Re: CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism by BloomingDale(f): 3:02pm On Jan 25
DMerciful:

Seems the Northerners don’t want to live in Rondon. Swapping out those that carry Lagos on their head, screaming Lagos is ****** land. Lol. I was thinking the Northerners will prefer them, as they prefer the Northerners.
Re: CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism by DMerciful(m): 3:04pm On Jan 25
You've been noticed
BloomingDale:

Seems the Northerners don’t want to live in Rondon. Swapping out those that carry Lagos on their head, screaming Lagos is ****** land. Lol

1 Like

Re: CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism by BloomingDale(f): 3:05pm On Jan 25
DMerciful:
You've been noticed

I’m not going to lie I’m laughing like a mad woman here. Lagos is Rondon. 😂😂 see as them dey swap una like pigs, cows and goats.
Re: CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism by DMerciful(m): 3:26pm On Jan 25
What do you want from me? I do not want to go into childish back n forth with you so run along
BloomingDale:

I’m not going to lie I’m laughing like a mad woman here. Lagos is Rondon. 😂😂 see as them dey swap una like pigs, cows and goats.
Re: CBN Restructuring: Group Alleges Victimisation, Nepotism by BloomingDale(f): 5:16pm On Jan 25
DMerciful:
What do you want from me? I do not want to go into childish back n forth with you so run along

Oya, I don leave you. Happy now?

(1) (Reply)

Hollow Block now 500 and Pure water beg Now 400 Per One. Pure wa / Don't Get Carried Away By This Pain / Will BAT Be Able To Hold On To Power If Value Of Naira To $ Fall To N2000-$1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.