Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) (26398 Views)

Rivers United Forward Ishaq Rafiu Joins Slovenian Club / Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition / Nigeria Vs Cote D’Ivoire: WAFU Women's Cup Finals (5 - 4) Penalty (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by Wuless82(m): 5:13pm On Jan 25
nairavsdollars:
This man has been in that position since USA 94. Him tenure no dey end??..
Na him inheritance grin grin na him papa office
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by CharleyBright(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25
bong4:

You don't know what you just spewed out. Please read the first comment and then rethink.

What is my business with the first comment. The person is entitled to his opinion, and I am entitled to mine.
I didn't even bother to read the first comment until you mentioned it. But it doesn't change my narratives.
The Supporters club is carrying National interest, not one man private interest. It is not Ladipo Supporters club, it is National Football Supporters club. The FG and sponsors are putting monies into the body taken care of travel expenses and estacodes for members each time they travel. It is a National body. One man - Ladipo cannot sit tight as President for almost 40yrs as if it is a personal property. If it is, let him carry it and go. If it is not, he should shift his arse and give room for others to lead the body.
I don't know how some of u see things so biasedly.
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by Obiedun(m): 5:21pm On Jan 25
simp4rebel:
what tf is NFSC, i read it as NYSC before clicking and was wondering who is this president general of NYSC and what he is doing in Cote D’Voire
You must be a kid then
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by CharleyBright(m): 5:25pm On Jan 25
aspabay:

For an organisation he founded and runs with his money?

How on earth do you think Ladipo runs the Supporters club with his money
What is his benefit??
Is he Dangote?
Even Dangote won't spend such monies for nothing.
This your talk just dey vex me.
Do you know what it costs to do return tickets for over 200 to even South Africa not to talk of France?
All Under 16, under 17, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, the Female cadets, the super falcons, all these matches the supporters club travel with the team. Do you think Ladipo funds these expenses from his pocket
You and Ladipo are madt for you to even spew such idiotic talk.
Your talk really vex me.
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by tiwatomi(m): 5:35pm On Jan 25
Nice one...Daddy Lola ( Dr. Rafiu Ladipo) my neighbor in the 80's at Aromire Street, mushin Lagos state before he moved to Alafia street at same mushin area.
This man love football no be small .
It is good to be persistent in whatever you are doing in life and at the end of the day victory will be the outcome, that is what I can say about this lovely man. Well-done Sir.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by BABANGBALI: 5:50pm On Jan 25
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

A Nigerian woman can go to naming ceremony Eat, drink, dance and go home without knowing the baby's name 😂😂
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by godwon01(m): 6:25pm On Jan 25
Nigeria is an oppressed country. See the glamorous of the supporters club. One of the best in the world.
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by LowKeyManny: 6:31pm On Jan 25
chukkystar:
He's the one that built the supporters club to become a brand in the first place. He used His Money to fund their travels and Hotels. Nigerian Football Federation that was owing Players Bonus is who will pay Money into supporters club? If that thing was lucrative as a Business the Man would have been removed since. It's a passion for Him and very few have that passion hence the reason He is still at the Helm's of affairs

Baba don pay him dues.. since y2k when I start dey follow up SE, The SC have been the only consistent performers. Kudos to a patriot.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by dom(m): 7:18pm On Jan 25
Correct man.
Met him in a pharmacy last week in Wuse, Abuja. I proudly introduced and hyped him to everyone there as a National Icon that he is (Abuja people no de quick recognize/send celebrities.)
He told me he's in Abuja to see to the welfare of his people and assured me he'll join them in Ivory Coast in a few days. Voila!

2 Likes

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by Druss(m): 7:37pm On Jan 25
President General? What kind of title is that?
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:39pm On Jan 25
festacman:
In the beginning, Dr. Rafiu Ladipo, a successful clearing agent and former President of the Association of Nigerian Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA), used his resources and goodwill to build up Nigeria Football Supporters Club into a strong football fan brand that was internationally recognized. Then, sponsors rushed to take advantage of the publicity and PR potentials that the brand offered.

Then gradually, the good old 'cometh money, cometh trouble' situation showed up. Many people who didn't even understand the concept of Nigeria Football Supporters Club started questioning why Dr. Rafiu Ladipo had presided over the club for a long time. Some interests in the then NFA (later NFF) conspired to remove Dr. Ladipo as President. Gradually, the new money-minded people discovered that they would give more and receive much less in running the organization. They fizzled out and the Nigeria Football Supporters Club became inactive.

History will never forget Dr. Rafiu Ladipo.

Except there's a hidden clause I don't know about, I thank you for reminding people of the contributions of this young man... At a point, he was sponsoring from his own pocket sef... The guy deserves a national award, fa

1 Like

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:46pm On Jan 25
aspabay:

For an organisation he founded and runs with his money?

Ode ni... You no suppose answer am

I know trumpeters who were sponsored for the world cup years ago... Na supporters club fund all their expenses...

The man has spent A LOT of his money getting the club to the level it is now, he deserves whatever benefits he's getting now

1 Like

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by kernniejay(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25
CharleyBright:
This man is still President of Supporters Club for over 40yrs now?
Since I was a child, he was president and I know the Supporters Club monies he has been whacking since.
It might surprise people how much Monies and estacodes the FG and sponsors are pumping into the Supporters club. As supporters club, they travel a lot for all the tiers of football matches anywhere in the world.
The Supporters club is their own oil well. These people just dey use juju to sit tight in office. Mehnnnn, president of Supporter Club for over 40yrs...
What rubbish are you saying, do you think the supporters club receive any allocation from govt or collect contributions from supporters? Is it govt that is owing coaches and athletes that will be paying supporters. Let me educate you, supporters are just passionate fans that sponsor their own trips, feeding and accommodation to encourage their team win games.

1 Like

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by CharleyBright(m): 9:22pm On Jan 25
kernniejay:
What rubbish are you saying, do you think the supporters club receive any allocation from govt or collect contributions from supporters? Is it govt that is owing coaches and athletes that will be paying supporters. Let me educate you, supporters are just passionate fans that sponsor their own trips, feeding and accommodation to encourage their team win games.

Big Fat lies
Dey fool yourselves.
Supporter Club will be carrying their monies to travel every dey follow all Nigerian teams up and down?
Do you know how much is return ticket and accomodations to just SOuth Africa that is near?
The FG is taking care of the expenses and sponsors are funding the supporters club.
Continue to deceive yourself.
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by kernniejay(m): 9:27pm On Jan 25
CharleyBright:

Big Fat lies
Dey fool yourselves.
Supporter Club will be carrying their monies to travel every dey follow all Nigerian teams up and down?
Do you know how much is return ticket and accomodations to just SOuth Africa that is near?
The FG is taking care of the expenses and sponsors are funding the supporters club.
Continue to deceive yourself.
I owe you no further clarification. Continue to wallow in the figment of your own wrong assumption since you enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by APCNig: 9:29pm On Jan 25
SlavaUkraini:
And when these "dignitaries" start arriving at any tournament,

Know that Nigeria would soon be knocked out

This one is mentally disturbed

1 Like

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by kernniejay(m): 9:38pm On Jan 25
Obiedun:
You must be a kid then
Why do you people easily call others kids if they dont know much about something? He/she may be someone who is not so versatile nah, haba.
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by Obiedun(m): 9:45pm On Jan 25
kernniejay:
Why do you people easily call others kids if they dont know much about something? He/she may be someone who is not so versatile nah, haba.
Yes because in 90s and early 2000 this man was well known in the area of football
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by benuejosh: 9:46pm On Jan 25
ManOfSon:
Why is it so hard for black people to give up power and positions? We blame politicians as if they're the only ones harboring this insidious sit-tight cancer. Over forty years, still counting, and Dr. Rafiu Ladipo is still president Nigerian football supporters club. What a shame.
a club he 'formed or started' and funded with his own money till it became successful and known today in Nigeria? That's his baby project. His love and passion? You think he was elected or appointed into the position? Kai! Some of you guys should always research well o.

1 Like

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by SlavaUkraini: 11:38pm On Jan 25
APCNig:

This one is mentally disturbed

Your useless Ashawo Mama is mentally disturbed
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by ManOfSon: 11:41pm On Jan 25
What happens to this his baby when he eventually dies which we know will happen? What exactly will be his benefit if the baby dies with him? Did he form this his baby for the public good or as a personal estate?

benuejosh:
a club he 'formed or started' and funded with his own money till it became successful and known today in Nigeria? That's his baby project. His love and passion? You think he was elected or appointed into the position? Kai! Some of you guys should always research well o.
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by Princezibk: 12:03am On Jan 26
festacman:
In the beginning, Dr. Rafiu Ladipo, a successful clearing agent and former President of the Association of Nigerian Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA), used his resources and goodwill to build up Nigeria Football Supporters Club into a strong football fan brand that was internationally recognized. Then, sponsors rushed to take advantage of the publicity and PR potentials that the brand offered.

Then gradually, the good old 'cometh money, cometh trouble' situation showed up. Many people who didn't even understand the concept of Nigeria Football Supporters Club started questioning why Dr. Rafiu Ladipo had presided over the club for a long time. Some interests in the then NFA (later NFF) conspired to remove Dr. Ladipo as President. Gradually, the new money-minded people discovered that they would give more and receive much less in running the organization. They fizzled out and the Nigeria Football Supporters Club became inactive.

Can you imagine that ? Bunch of gold diggers and destructive cabals,,, I recall this man do light up and entertain us wholeheartedly. I can now see why there’s no more paparazzi whenever the eagles are playing

2 Likes

Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by Beolly(m): 9:13am On Jan 26
festacman:

He founded the association doesn't mean he should become the life time president.
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by simp4rebel: 10:28am On Jan 26
Obiedun:
You must be a kid then

a 4 years old actually
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by festacman(m): 10:45am On Jan 26
Beolly:

He founded the association doesn't mean he should become the life time president.

How about working with him to produce his successor who understands how things are done for sustainability? Everything shouldn't be politics.
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by bong4(m): 4:33am On Jan 27
CharleyBright:

What is my business with the first comment. The person is entitled to his opinion, and I am entitled to mine.
I didn't even bother to read the first comment until you mentioned it. But it doesn't change my narratives.
The Supporters club is carrying National interest, not one man private interest. It is not Ladipo Supporters club, it is National Football Supporters club. The FG and sponsors are putting monies into the body taken care of travel expenses and estacodes for members each time they travel. It is a National body. One man - Ladipo cannot sit tight as President for almost 40yrs as if it is a personal property. If it is, let him carry it and go. If it is not, he should shift his arse and give room for others to lead the body.
I don't know how some of u see things so biasedly.

You are so sure of this? I have worked with many of the members and I can tell you for free it is an association of like-minded people just out there to support their country during football matches. You can try and join them and then look forward to government "travel expenses and estacodes". While I understand the challenge of perpetuity in office, Dr Ladipo has sacrificed a lot for that association and has to be commended for keeping them together.
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by CharleyBright(m): 5:56am On Jan 27
bong4:

You are so sure of this? I have worked with many of the members and I can tell you for free it is an association of like-minded people just out there to support their country during football matches. You can try and join them and then look forward to government "travel expenses and estacodes". While I understand the challenge of perpetuity in office, Dr Ladipo has sacrificed a lot for that association and has to be commended for keeping them together.

Do you know how much it costs for flight and travel expenses and hotel accomodations? And these people travel with all the National teams both male and female everytime. You mean these people are paying from their pockets for all these years and the FG is not funding Pls stop fooling yourself
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by justlovesfarmin: 9:41am On Feb 03
Nigeria won’t grow with our pull down syndrome. A man worked so hard for years to build the club and all some people can think of is how to remove him.

Have you ever wondered why Countries with long-term leaders or monarchs do much better?
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by aspabay(m): 5:22pm On Apr 19
CharleyBright:

How on earth do you think Ladipo runs the Supporters club with his money
What is his benefit??
Is he Dangote?
Even Dangote won't spend such monies for nothing.
This your talk just dey vex me.
Do you know what it costs to do return tickets for over 200 to even South Africa not to talk of France?
All Under 16, under 17, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, the Female cadets, the super falcons, all these matches the supporters club travel with the team. Do you think Ladipo funds these expenses from his pocket
You and Ladipo are madt for you to even spew such idiotic talk.
Your talk really vex me.

All noise, yet you did not mention those sponsoring the Supporters club.
Re: Dr Rafiu Ladipo, President General of NFSC Arrives Cote D’Voire (Pic, Video) by CharleyBright(m): 7:28pm On Apr 19
aspabay:

All noise, yet you did not mention those sponsoring the Supporters club.

You are absolutely dumb to confidently say Ladipo is sponsoring Super Eagles Supporters for over 30yrs.
Do you know how much a return ticket for one person is from Nigeria to France?
Times the amount by over 300 people. And you mean he does that each time Super Eagles, Flying Eagles, Under 16, Under 21, the Super Falcons, the Falconets etc plays their matches??
And they all have matches at least once in 2months.
Is Ladipo a billionaire?
Even Dangote won't want to carry such Financial burden.

All of you are damn daft to say Ladipo spending his money to do that.
Mtcheeew

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammad Ali: The Greatest, A Lookback, Career And Tributes In Pictures. / Asisat Oshoala Wins Chinese Super Cup. / Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Man Of The Match Against West Ham Utd (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.