Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola (34401 Views)

Vendease Raises $30m In Series A / Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? / Afe Babalola University Confirms Clement Chigbo As Associate Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by ppogba: 4:33pm On Jan 25
tritt:
Bros i greet, please what of our Min of Aviation, has he won any case as a SAN? My neighbor say make i ask you.

If hin no win case, hin no go get SAN.

SAN no be by allocation abi federal character o.

Love him or loath him, SAN no be moi moi.
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by ozo13(m): 4:34pm On Jan 25
Itisallright:
That's one of the reasons one can become billionaire in Nigeria overnight... everything about us is outrageous
I actually asked my self a question about his source of wealth one day like that to even have a standard university competing in the country and I think at a point was the best.What came to my mind then was that he likely made his money from govt deal base on percentage.Some lawyers are ballers Sha .Even in election case ,I learnt most of them can get as high as 20k dollars per case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Kionrae: 4:36pm On Jan 25
30 million no be small money wallahi
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by tonyashburton: 4:41pm On Jan 25
He still got a percentage of his legal fees from the clients just for representing them.Yes,probably after judgement has been delivered in their favor or against may be what determines if he gets the rest of whatever fees he charged his clients.
Zanzibar1:
This is real life. He won't tell you about the cases he lost. You can't always be a winner, there will be some times you did not win.

Its those times you did not win that will shape your knowledge and growth. I am more interested in learning about the cases he lost and how he was able to garn a chain of very strong friends. That's where the actual secret is.
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Zanzibar1: 4:43pm On Jan 25
tonyashburton:
He still got a percentage of his legal fees from the clients just for representing them.Yes,probably after judgement has been delivered in their favor or against may be what determines if he gets the rest of whatever fees he charged his clients.
Yes he will be paid either he loses a case or wins.
But what in saying is, the cases he lost helped him to grow. Well what matters is success and he's successful
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by crestedmazi: 4:45pm On Jan 25
Zanzibar1:

Invariably, winning a case translate to getting paid na. So what about losing?

There will time enough to count it when the deal is done
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Luckysbab: 4:52pm On Jan 25
SAMBARRY:
Sometimes I feel a funny type of way when the older generation peaches about morality and anti corruption and when I talk about the older generation I'm talking about men and women who are 60 years upwards.i say this because if you know the history of Nigeria you will know that they have no right or moral justification to talk about corruption and moral decadence.the financial waste and seeds of discord among siblings, ethnic groups and Even national politics and finance is something else.

They're always telling stories to make themselves look saintly when they were in service but when you dig you will just yinmu and be looking at them deceive themselves

You see the rascality, poverty, pervasive ignorance, almajari, thuggery and all kinds of evil you see in this generation, check well,they have their roots from those elders.

However the Bible and quoran enjoins us to honour our elders.However we honour our elders not because they really deserve it but because we want to fulfill our own part so we will be found blameless before God

How is what he did "immoral"?

You're capping nonsense.
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by AngelicBeing: 4:53pm On Jan 25
wink

1 Like

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by yommen: 4:55pm On Jan 25
Zanzibar1:
This is real life. He won't tell you about the cases he lost. You can't always be a winner, there will be some times you did not win.

Its those times you did not win that will shape your knowledge and growth. I am more interested in learning about the cases he lost and how he was able to garn a chain of very strong friends. That's where the actual secret is.

You talk well. But it was a case a fellow SAN took over and lost. But he came back and won. That's to show he is better than many of peers.

1 Like

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by AngelicBeing: 4:58pm On Jan 25
Luckysbab:

You're capping nonsense.
l agree with you , l don't understand the Grammar of the poster, you quoted, the lawyer in question , did not Rob anyone with a gun, he offered his services, charge for what he can do, he Delivered and was paid, so , case closed, next news jare, in whatever profession that you are into, be well grounded in your field, know all the technicalities of your profession, keep studying all relevant information in your field,, learn and continue updating your skills, Know your Worth, and money will come , chasing you, grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Testimony1988(m): 5:08pm On Jan 25
Maize247:
Senior lawyer. No wonder the man is still very rich
hahahahaha
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Testimony1988(m): 5:08pm On Jan 25
Big man.
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:11pm On Jan 25
inoki247:
In every Profession wether legal or illegal proffesion the cashout go always dey different....

I think Ned also cashout in this similar way...

This is how ned cashed out, he represented government is some of the forfeiture overseas.
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:13pm On Jan 25
Obalola2010:

Of course he lost many cases. All the cases that federal government lost to Lagos state during Obj govt was handled by him

Wow interesting to know
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by banku: 5:16pm On Jan 25
When you make money legally, you can disclose it in public without fear.

It does not mean that some of the most successful lawyers worldwide are not crooks that know their game and clients.

They also have connections to judges and governments worldwide.

1 Like

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Lukuluku69(m): 5:20pm On Jan 25
AriyaTV:
You would agree with me that those old legal luminaries don't eat alone.

Can any judge do otherwise....if you know....you know.

This is the Post I have been looking for. They won't tell you that they won Cases because they belong to the same Fraternity.

They won't tell you that Judges do get shares from Legal Fees and many other shenanigans they do.

It is the Glossy part they feed the Naive with.

2 Likes

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Bintasukai: 5:22pm On Jan 25
I went to this man’s university in Ado Ekiti. Hmn. That school is so fine and large. Even the guest house has elevator. Won’t lie, I was impressed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by AriyaTV: 5:34pm On Jan 25
Lukuluku69:

This is the Post I have been looking for. They won't tell you that they won Cases because they belong to the same Fraternity.

They won't tell you that Judges do get shares from Legal Fees and many other shenanigans they do.

It is the Glossy part they feed the Naive with.

Fact ..... Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by MightySparrow: 5:36pm On Jan 25
I am not tribalistic o
Ekiti is the home of lawyers: Afe Babalola, Femi Fálànà, Wọlé Olanipekun,....

Trace their trajectories.

undecided grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Addme: 5:42pm On Jan 25
Firstcitizen:

What has their state of origin got to do with the conversation?
Fortunately they have enough brains in that state but unfortunately that State has remained backward despite all these great people from the states.
Hope you get the gist?

1 Like

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by HRMK: 5:45pm On Jan 25
SEE THE WAY BABA JUST DEY COLLECT DOLLARS YANFUYANFU!GOD DEY SHA!!

1 Like

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by babesiosis: 6:15pm On Jan 25
Addme:

Fortunately or unfortunately,both of them are from Ekiti.
even Falana
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by ElSudani: 6:18pm On Jan 25
EconomistXplain:
it is a fraudulent payment...who pays 10% to a law firm wen the said amount is in dollars..?

that is a kick back percentage...

This is exactly how Ned Nwoko got rich as well. It happens all the time. This is how lawyers make money, it is absolutely legal.
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Ex0rrcist: 6:45pm On Jan 25
EconomistXplain:
it is a fraudulent payment...who pays 10% to a law firm wen the said amount is in dollars..?

See you some law firms charge as good as 40% in big cases involving individuals and big companies, 10s of millions of dollars sef.
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Addme: 7:10pm On Jan 25
seguno2:

The same state that was ruined by Fayose, Fayemi and other governors since 1999? A state that has failed to provide water for every building and free education to all children, despite Ajasin’s achievements in four years in these areas of government services and utilities?

So what is the purpose of Afe Babalola, Wole Olanipekun’s knowledge if they are from a backward state like the remaining 35 states
Your last paragraph is the unfortunate part of it. It baffles me that the State is the least developed among the South west states.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by tonicyril: 7:14pm On Jan 25
Ishilove:
Just give me $100k out of all these million million you people are sharing cry
grin grin grin

Gbewiri buruku....

Ofon grin grin
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by AbujaLagos: 7:17pm On Jan 25
Zanzibar1:
I don't have much
little is much
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by tonicyril: 7:29pm On Jan 25
seguno2:

The same state that was ruined by Fayose, Fayemi and other governors since 1999? A state that has failed to provide water for every building and free education to all children, despite Ajasin’s achievements in four years in these areas of government services and utilities?

So what is the purpose of Afe Babalola, Wole Olanipekun’s knowledge if they are from a backward state like the remaining 35 states
clap for ur self, we don notice u, u sabi speak both God and gibberish
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Coldspice: 7:36pm On Jan 25
EconomistXplain:

You are ignorant. Very ignorant.
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by SAMBARRY: 7:45pm On Jan 25
Luckysbab:

You're capping nonsense.
indomie generation.i am talking generally so get lost

1 Like

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Anatolia: 7:55pm On Jan 25
Charging the government 30 million dollars is criminal.
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by kay29000(m): 7:56pm On Jan 25
Paraman:
Agba lawyer. Hard work and grace, brutal combination

More like smart work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Salary Structure Of The Nigerian Immigration Service? / How To Discover Your Talent? / Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.