Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

The Name On My International Passport Does Not Match The Name On My NIN. Help!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Name On My International Passport Does Not Match The Name On My NIN. Help!! (1144 Views)

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport / Just Collected My International Passport / Which State Is The Easiest To Get My International Passport Renewed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Name On My International Passport Does Not Match The Name On My NIN. Help!! by urchman3000(m): 7:06am On Jan 26
So I decided to renew my international passport at the immigration office over here in ilorin at the headquarter and found out that there was an error on my international passport. The name on my international passport does not match the name shown on NIN. I was told to go to Abuja just to rectify the name on my international passport to match with the name on my NIN. I was really disappointed.
How can I travel to Abuja to correct the name on my international passport to match my NIN? Traveling to Abuja is very dangerous due to high kidnapping rates. We have developed as a nation. Nigeria’s immigration system does not work to make life easier for its citizens. How long can we continue to keep everything centered around Abuja?

I hope this gets forwarded to the appropriate authorities. Please ensure that Nigerian immigrants have this channel not only in Abuja but across the country. Nairalands, if you have experienced a similar issue, please share.
Re: The Name On My International Passport Does Not Match The Name On My NIN. Help!! by JASONjnr(m): 7:22am On Jan 26
I learnt that, the only person that is given the authority to make changes to name and date of birth is just one man heading the NIN.

I don't know why Nigeria will not allow people to make changes to it's data. Why should a person pay money to change his date of birth and name or anything.

The last time I experienced issues with my BVN, I noticed that my address on the BVN is the address I used while schooling in the university. The last time I spoke with my landlady, the compound was demolished and a road was carved from it. The address is non-existing. But it's on my BVN details.

In US, you can stay at the comfort of your house and make changes to your details after applying for it and an email will be sent to you with a link to make corrections.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name On My International Passport Does Not Match The Name On My NIN. Help!! by urchman3000(m): 7:30am On Jan 26
It's getting more and more frustrating. We hope this issue is resolved as soon as possible. It's been a month now and the problem is still not resolved.
Re: The Name On My International Passport Does Not Match The Name On My NIN. Help!! by urchman3000(m): 7:31am On Jan 26
[quote author=JASONjnr post=128129417]I learnt that, the only person that is given the authority to make changes to name and date of birth is just one man heading the NIN.

I don't know why Nigeria will not allow people to make changes to it's data. Why should a person pay money to change his date of birth and name or anything.

The last time I experienced issues with my BVN, I noticed that my address on the BVN is the address I used while schooling in the university. The last time I spoke with my landlady, the compound was demolished and a road was carved from it. The address is non-existing. But it's on my BVN details.

In US, you can stay at the comfort of your house and make changes to your details after applying for it and an email will be sent to you with a link to make corrections.[ It's getting more and more frustrating. We hope this issue is resolved as soon as possible. It's been a month now and the problem is still not resolved.]
Re: The Name On My International Passport Does Not Match The Name On My NIN. Help!! by LoveJesus87(m): 1:30pm On Jan 26
urchman3000:
So I decided to renew my international passport at the immigration office over here in ilorin at the headquarter and found out that there was an error on my international passport. The name on my international passport does not match the name shown on NIN. I was told to go to Abuja just to rectify the name on my international passport to match with the name on my NIN. I was really disappointed.
How can I travel to Abuja to correct the name on my international passport to match my NIN? Traveling to Abuja is very dangerous due to high kidnapping rates. We have developed as a nation. Nigeria’s immigration system does not work to make life easier for its citizens. How long can we continue to keep everything centered around Abuja?

I hope this gets forwarded to the appropriate authorities. Please ensure that Nigerian immigrants have this channel not only in Abuja but across the country. Nairalands, if you have experienced a similar issue, please share.
is it that the arrangement of the ur names on ur International passport is different from the way it is arranged on ur nin?
Or u used at least one different name on each of them?

1 Like

Re: The Name On My International Passport Does Not Match The Name On My NIN. Help!! by urchman3000(m): 1:45pm On Jan 26
LoveJesus87:
is it that the arrangement of the ur names on ur International passport is different from the way it is arranged on ur nin?
Or u used at least one different name on each of them?
Yes the name is different from the way it was arranged on my NIN.
Re: The Name On My International Passport Does Not Match The Name On My NIN. Help!! by LoveJesus87(m): 1:48pm On Jan 26
urchman3000:
Yes the name is different from the way it was arranged on my NIN.
Ah!
Lemme check my own too

3 Likes

Re: The Name On My International Passport Does Not Match The Name On My NIN. Help!! by Damifola728: 7:46am On Apr 25
HenryOghuMr:
NIN Corrections and Modifications of wrong ( DOB ) Date of birth, Change of Names, Phone number change, IPE errors, Email address, NIN Suspended, Details Validation, Record not found, Retrieving of lost NIN slip and other NIN issues for Modifications Assistant.

Call or WhatsApp Dr. Paul Nimc 0fficial for Assistance.

SCAMMER.....A BIG ONE AT THAT
You will not go unpunished as the lord liveth

(1) (Reply)

To Wed in Victoria Island / Apartments In L.a! / Swedish Embassy Residence Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.