Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? (9166 Views)

How Kabir Grabbed A Man’s Testicle To Survive Hajj Stampede. Vanguard News / The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by IbroSaunks(m): 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2011
salam folks,
well though the holiday is not entirely over yet, at least in Nigeria, for most people, the fun part of it is, if not almost gone, gone already! so i thought itll be cool to share how my eid went, and for peeps to talk about theirs too. here's how mine went(the long version):

for me, eid started when the osogbo bus me and my cousin were in parked in the oshodi bus park. we could never really miss spending salah break at home, its the only break we ever come home for in the first place. though part of me was in the holiday mood, i knew i had a lot of work to do, with my final project and seminar still in conceptual stages and a lot of coursework undone. soon we were picked up and we went to buy this years salah ram. the mallam that sold the ram to us didn't tie it very well, and we had to stop at least thrice, as the (very stubborn) ram was bent on breaking out of the boot to make a run for its life!! fortunately for us (and unfortunately for the ram), it was unsuccessful!!

saturday was yaum ul arafah, and its recommended to fast. Sahur didn't go so well, and i barely ate ( i also didn't eat before ii slept), so i was tired for most of the day. i was still able to study though, and i also had to take my 'aso odun' to a tailor (we are always late for that!). i was lucky to find a tailor that could finish before the day runs out. i spent the latter parts of the day getting a hair cut, cutting my nails and performing other preparatory cleansing acts. this was the first time i took stuff like that serious anyway, i guess im changing, shocked shocked

eid day!!yipee!! by 8:15, me and my fam headed out to the praying ground observe the supererogatory eid prayers. we got there a tad early, and we listened to the sermon afterwards. to be honest, i didn't listen all that much sad sad, though i was able to pick up one or two things. then we set out. its a traditional thing for us to branch tfc on eid days, and even though there was still going to be food at home, we insisted, well, cos we were used to it (me and my sis that is)!!

getting home, things were a bit dry till my brother arrived. we headed downstairs to supervise the "ram-processing" thingi! it was fun, me and my bro gisted throughout, sipping cold malt, and that doesn't happen too often since i hardly see him. by evening it was all ready, and we carried the meat upstairs. by night, it was time for the customary "meat-sharing" ceremony. i wasn't really interested though, and i just took whatever was left. then i went to my room to watch a movie!!

so thats pretty much it! can't complain about eid this year at all. now its time for me to get serious with work and all. end!!!
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by maclatunji: 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
I can only say that it was a very busy day for me (It has almost always been like that). The process of transforming rams into edible meat is a lot of work. The rain in my part of Lagos prevented me from really feeling the aches that usually reach their peak between 7-8pm on Sallah days. We thank Allah for life and every other thing we have.

I have never associated Eid-ul-Adha with fun in the real sense of the word. However, it is always nice to be able to bond with some of my cousins on that day.
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2011
I was at home throughout sleeping till someone brought fried 'salah' meat for me to eat. I ate and i seriously pondered on the significance of such murdering of rams and cows, and why its different from what goes on daily at the abattoir
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2011
Went for early Eid prayer at 8.30am  at woolwich mosque london,then came home cooking,then later in the evening we left for get-together(suya nght) at the mosque organised by the Nigerian community,i had so much fun but i got very tired cos i had to prepare the meat and give it to neighbours and friends,Alhamdullilahi for the gift of life and strenght to carry on.
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 08, 2011
smh. no NL has even offered us salah meat. shocked
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by IbroSaunks(m): 7:48am On Nov 08, 2011
toba:

smh. no NL has even offered us salah meat. shocked
sorry toba , here's ur meat:

Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 08, 2011
lbrahim, i want already fried and cooked meat and not a live one. it takes time to kill a ram
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 08, 2011
I tried to reply yesterday and after typing the whole gist, I hit the 'send' button, but it dint go thru,network was crazy and
So I had to restart my fone,

I feel soo lazy to re-type,
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by IbroSaunks(m): 11:35am On Nov 08, 2011
toba:

lbrahim, i want already fried and cooked meat and not a live one. it takes time to kill a ram

but there's no way to convert fried meat into 1s and 0s, sad
well u can put money in my account so i can dhl u some meat, smiley
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by IbroSaunks(m): 11:38am On Nov 08, 2011
bhusayor:

I tried to reply yesterday and after typing the whole gist, I hit the 'send' button, but it dint go thru,network was crazy and
So I had to restart my fone,

I feel soo lazy to re-type,
me too, i was typing on a laptop though, but funny enough the second one(which is the one u can see now) turned out to be better than the first, so there may be an advantage, smiley
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 08, 2011
I'm sorry I can't retype the story.I don't like typing for long on my phone.

I'll just say it was like every other eis kabir, just that my eldest sis wasn't at home. She was in he husband's place.

Ny main job on sallah day is to serve, I have never participated in the ram processing. I just wait for the finished products. As for the meat sharing, we'll be doing that tonight and I'll be raiding like,hehehe, need meat to last me truout exam period wen I return to school.
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by IbroSaunks(m): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2011
bhusayor:

I'm sorry I can't retype the story.I don't like typing for long on my phone.

I'll just say it was like every other eis kabir, just that my eldest sis wasn't at home. She was in he husband's place.

Ny main job on sallah day is to serve, I have never participated in the ram processing. I just wait for the finished products. As for the meat sharing, we'll be doing that tonight and I'll be raiding like,hehehe, need meat to last me truout exam period wen I return to school.
throughout?Ahhhh, as for me i usually eat all the meat i get in 24hours so i don't sweat it atall , iv already finished all i got!!besides if i took any to school roomies go chop everything, and dem don chop for house.
all the best in ur exams!
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by olawalebabs(m): 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2011
Hmm, how i wish i fit chop the meats as una dey do, am always fills with 2 or 3 piece. Alhamdulilah, the celebration went on smoothly. Take active part in the ram process (don't ask me who kill the ram sha).
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by deols(f): 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2011
hmmmn! nice thread. I am still avn my own eid o. Eid is for three days in Islam abi. when am done, I might be here to discuss it.  smiley smiley
eh! bhus bhus! i need ur attention outta here
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by IbroSaunks(m): 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2011
@deols , wow, feels good to know u think that. yeah keep enjoying, i dont wanna read or write this paper anymore, :'), buy i don't exactly have a choice!!
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by Spclst900: 10:45pm On Nov 08, 2011
me no see any meat o, i hear say all dem all carry their rams go maiduguri make we go jam boko boys. I tell dem say i go enter bush go hunt bush meat instead of to go dodge bomb to eat ram. Lol
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by hayorbaami: 11:23pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sallah was fun.The meat was well cooked and spiced. Most especially I love d long holiday. It is a pity we have to resume tomorrow. Wish it could continue.*Yawn*
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by IbroSaunks(m): 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2011
Spclst900:

dis salah good for op, he is even gettin a woman to round up his salah celebration,

Toba, these questions don plenty o
mehn if this is round one i can only imagine how it'll be with his daughter oh, hehehe

@toba , lets do it one deal at a time , if we can close this deal, meat yakpa, grin
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by mukina2: 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2011
mine was fun,
woke up early cooked, went to the mosque came back home, the boys killed the ram, we all helped in packaging it to be shared,younger bro went on to share and we started roasting, 'afra-ing', grin grin chop chop a lot.

had a fun filled blessed day with my loved ones kiss
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by AmakaG29(f): 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2011
mumtaz, shukran!
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 08, 2011
ibraheem send the salah meet  by courier and we will discuss the other issue.

This salah is one of the most busiest for me. No holiday sef
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by IbroSaunks(m): 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2011
toba:

ibraheem send the salah meet  by courier and we will discuss the other issue.

This salah is one of the most busiest for me. No holiday sef
put moni in my account and i would send it, grin grin
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 09, 2011
l see. i thought u would do trade by barter. salah meet and wife. Now u want my money? shocked
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by IbroSaunks(m): 12:06am On Nov 09, 2011
toba:

l see. i thought u would do trade by barter. salah meet and wife. Now u want my money? shocked
money to send the meat na, smiley smiley, lemme see ur daughter first, smiley
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by Araboy(m): 3:57am On Nov 09, 2011
As for me  here in New York city I  went to Masjid Al aqsa for Salat El Eid ate a lot of meat had loads of fun talking

and catching up with some friends it was a bit chilly here wished if I was back home enjoying the holiday among my

family and my loved ones
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by yommysomguy(m): 6:35am On Nov 09, 2011
Not a muslim
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by whyx06(m): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2011
ME, I enjoyed wiff an Old friends of MAI.' eat meat drink pepe Soup. men it'az fun ,
catchal!!!
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by javalove(m): 9:44am On Nov 09, 2011
mine was boring. . .was home alone all day watching tv. . .went out for a few mintes to say salam to a few friends. . .

went back home and was responding to stupid emails, cos i'm planning a workshop for my department on monday, .so was busy with booking flight tickets for participants and hotel arrangements. . .

i miss home. . .**sobs*

#Javalove, .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by IbroSaunks(m): 10:17am On Nov 09, 2011
@javalove, sorry bro
so u like programming, well i know a little too, so how good is ur java?
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by mukina2: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2011
javalove:

mine was boring. . .was home alone all day watching tv. . .went out for a few mintes to say salam to a few friends. . .

went back home and was responding to silly emails, cos i'm planning a workshop for my department on monday, .so was busy with booking flight tickets for participants and hotel arrangements. . .

i miss home. . .**sobs*

#Javalove, .unless otherwise stated. . .!
you too like cry tongue tongue
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by wellheads(m): 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2011
Alhamdulillah. The Sallah was cool. Stayed with my family for days and played with the kids well. Couldn't eat much meat at all. Prices of rams however dropped after Sallah seriously in my place. I had to buy another ram after sallah because of the significant drop in price. Have not decided what to do with it as at now. But if any body wan buy sha, A ram is available for sale o! grin grin grin

May Allah (SWT) make us experience more of it in life- Amin.

Once again, Eid Mubarak and Happy Sallah Insha Allah.
Re: How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? by vedaxcool(m): 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2011
Mine was superb, went to the praying ground a bit late, but still caught up with prayer, I notice that during Id Kabir, Prayer tend to be faster than on Fitr. In any case the mammoth crowd I met was overwhelming, many walked long distances to get there -prayer ground-, and again many walked back home. On getting Home, I supervised the slaughtering of our Ram, Men it was meat Galore,thankfully I did not over feed myself. As a whole though i enjoyed my Id kabir except for off course the bad news about Bomb blast in the North West, anyway the most special part of the whole occasion is that I spent it with my family, sadly with time everyone would celebrate sallah with their own family the story of life . . . well I am back to work now, thank goodness one doe not have a hangover from eating meat . . . grin grin grin grin and yeah the sad part of my id Kabir was watching the death of Gaddafi, it was indeed an extremely low point in the entire Libya revolution, then watching the creti*n Obama announced his death without any form of civility again made me wonder what sort of brute are we humans turning ourselves to be, may Allah help us from the trials of these days . . . amin

(1) (Reply)

When Was Hajj Made Compulsory? / Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? / Social Etiquette: Guarding Your Tongue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.