Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss (19145 Views)

Guinness Posts Over 5bn Loss In 2023 / Banks Lose N5bn To Fraudsters In Nine Months – NDIC / BREAKING: Supreme Court Orders Akingbola To Face His N5bn Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by franugo(m): 9:52pm On Jan 26
designking:
Fake beer coupled with rising inflation has forced many to drink just clean water.

The Brewers are not putting in enough measures to combat counterfeiting of their products.

If you actually bothered to read the op, you'll have seen that their revenue increased meaning that sales increased. The main reason for the loss is fx harmonisation by cbn

1 Like

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by franugo(m): 9:55pm On Jan 26
nedekid:

Did you watch the vp at the recent forum at Davos?
Nigeria can do better.

Any link?
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by franugo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 26
Boldideas:

Tinubu like some are already insinuating have nothing to do with this, it simply because people prefer to drink Striker, Night charger, Gboya, Érujéjé, Yahuzee, Jedi, Dongoyaro, Lemon grass which cost just N200 and its 40℅ alcohol with a bit of dick hardner herbs than sitting down to consume a bottle of sugar called Guinness for N600/N700 and its just 5.5% alcohol ... In economics, it is called a scale of preference. 😂😂😂😂😂

Pls read the op at least na. It was clearly stated that their revenue (sales) increased but cost of sales also increased due to fx harmonisation.

It pains me when people refuse to take a few minutes to read the op but would rather jump to a ridiculous conclusion

1 Like

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by blowjohn(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26
Evercurious:

Chaiii!!!! It's obvious that you must be voted Buhari and his likes .... And how does that response relate to the topic sentence here?

See, if you like keep living a lie but the truth will always hit you in the long run... A business man is telling you what was the reason for the huge loss which in turn will definitely affect the economy in terms of tax , labour ( direct and indirect) , contractors etc and here you re talking rubbish.. Continue amd make sure you clap for yourself and remember nit to come here wailing when the government starts owing civil servants

U really believe they lost that much?

The business profit world is shrouded in secrecy.

Thank God they said their sales increased
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by poiZon: 10:08pm On Jan 26
harsysky:

Which sector can we say is really working in this country?
Counterfeiting sector.
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Evercurious(f): 10:10pm On Jan 26
blowjohn:

U really believe they lost that much?

The business profit world is shrouded in secrecy.

Thank God they said their sales increased

Why won't I believe them? Why are other large companies leaving the country if not for losses? Abeg let's leave all these politics and face the reality hitting us

1 Like

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by blowjohn(m): 10:13pm On Jan 26
Evercurious:

Why won't I believe them? Why are other large companies leaving the country if not for losses? Abeg let's leave all these politics and face the reality hitting us

Shareholders.
Besides alcohol no fit leave naija market
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Evercurious(f): 10:19pm On Jan 26
blowjohn:

Shareholders.
Besides alcohol no fit leave naija market

😂 Pls stop consoling yourself... No business man leaves a region or place where he makes good profit coz profit making is the priority of any serious business especially those having share holders... Losses is the major reason why businesses fold or relocate from one place to another.. Any wise worker leave to a new company immediately he or she senses his employer has started or will be running at losses.. That's common sense cos he needa to consider his salary

Sorry , it's obvious you are nt and won't be good in business nor economics if this is your reasoning..

1 Like

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by blowjohn(m): 10:26pm On Jan 26
Evercurious:

😂 Pls stop consoling yourself... No business man leaves a region or place where he makes good profit coz profit making is the priority of any serious business especially those having share holders... Losses is the major reason why businesses fold or relocate from one place to another.. Any wise worker leave to a new company immediately he or she senses his employer has started or will be running at losses.. That's common sense cos he needa to consider his salary

Sorry , it's obvious you are nt and won't be good in business nor economics if this is your reasoning..

U wudnt understand.
Ur type can never own a shop rite.

Cos u will want maximum profits
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by ZiktotheWorld: 10:32pm On Jan 26
ozijay:
Many Yorubas Voted Obi otherwise he wouldn't have won Lagos upon the massive cheating. It is Mahmood manhood and the JUDICIARY perverts that raped Nigeria stop the rhetoric. The new Generation don't care about tribalism.

The Yorubas vote for Peter Obi was a mere Consolation price, thereby distracting the attention of the masses while Commiting Unspeakable Attrocities in Vote Counting.

We do know their tricks!
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Lovestrong(m): 10:33pm On Jan 26
harsysky:

Aviation
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by ComeToJesus: 10:45pm On Jan 26
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/guinness-posts-over-n5bn-loss/

First Class Deloitte accountant don finish una kpata kpata..

How can you put a bull in a China wares shop and expect everything to still be in one piece..
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by HIPROFILE(m): 11:35pm On Jan 26
Which day are they leaving Nigeria?
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by ozijay: 11:50pm On Jan 26
It was the thugs and hired mascinaries that did all that bro, even in the north they voted Obi massively but money played a big role for those who can't see far.

ZiktotheWorld:

The Yorubas vote for Peter Obi was a mere Consolation price, thereby distracting the attention of the masses while Commiting Unspeakable Attrocities in Vote Counting.

We do know their tricks!
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Dennisochampa: 11:54pm On Jan 26
Arobaga:
Freestuff guy will come here and tell you how Tinubu has turned Nigeria to Dubai and it’s only those know believes will reap the fruit of the land

Other APC supporters will tell you if Guinness leaves other company will replace them

Our country is falling apart right before our own very eyes and na tribalism be our problem

All these calamities just because Yorubas intentionally voted in an incompetent fool just to teach Obi a lesson
.. .
If tinubu with his wealth and societal standing is a fool, what is your father??
Just asking..... No insult me o
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by komzy589(m): 11:56pm On Jan 26
Arobaga:
Freestuff guy will come here and tell you how Tinubu has turned Nigeria to Dubai and it’s only those know believes will reap the fruit of the land

Other APC supporters will tell you if Guinness leaves other company will replace them

Our country is falling apart right before our own very eyes and na tribalism be our problem

All these calamities just because Yorubas intentionally voted in an incompetent fool just to teach Obi a lesson
Yoruba didn’t vote an incompetent fool.
If Peter Obi did not contest in the presidential election, Tinubu would not have been president.
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Mandate1: 11:56pm On Jan 26
designking:
Fake beer coupled with rising inflation has forced many to drink just clean water.

The Brewers are not putting in enough measures to combat counterfeiting of their products.
what is the duty of SON?
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by ashawopikin(m): 11:59pm On Jan 26
Jesus!! shocked shocked
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Beautifulday: 12:14am On Jan 27
designking:

Mumu talk

1 Like

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by HIPROFILE(m): 1:04am On Jan 27
ZiktotheWorld:

We do know their tricks!

Oga leave that your narrative one side abeg! if yorubas voted Obi as you claimed please tell us any other state in yoruba land that Obi won apart from Lagos which was deliberately left unrigged just to water down a certain narrative shey you think say na everybody for this country deh as gullible? chill some of us sabi the cards and the game these politicians bring on.

And you know what? No one is saying anything nor protesting in the face of the hardship and failures already demonstrated by the emilokan presidency because other region is still waiting to see if the Omoluabis are getting their dollar differently, buying their fuel differently, buying groceries, electronics, cars etc differently or maybe the other regions most esp. the Igbos who were asked not to come out and vote in Lagos are now suffering differently compare to the Omoluabis? they are still waiting to see if actually every one of us is also seeing this shege? from a man who went to Kano during campaign and instead he should tell them what he would do if elected baba said he came to dance. More reasons i am not surprised at all as his government had hit the ground dancing from day 1.

Even till next election it will still happen cos una no go ever get sense and the politician kuku know una well well.

Dollar is now 1,400 heading to 2000 Jonathan no do reach like this when una occupy Nigeria Petrol price is 670 Jonathan was a learner yet you occupied Nigeria and now I wonder why Nigeria has not been occupied yet…Simply other regions are waiting for you who knows how to occupy Nigeria to take the lead!

Inshallah Tinubu will remain Nigerian President till 2040!
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by azpekuliar: 4:39am On Jan 27
Eriokanmi:
Enough reason to leave Nigeria. I passed there today. It's become a ghostland. My friend who's a senior manager had left for another company before they relieved him of his job cos he had seen it written all over the wall. This is one of multinationals who had paid taxes which our govt spent on developing Nigeria. What of employment both direct and indirect?

Anyone seeing this development and still thinks it's alright with Nigeria needs to visit yaba kiakia, for neurosurgical examination

You are right. I was there a few weeks ago. There is a driving school operating there who is using their forklifts, box trucks and semi-trucks to train people who want to Japa to Canada and need those skills. grin I see am with my koro koro 4 eyes. That is what a whole Guinness Nigeria has been reduced to. The country is finished.

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by mekybabe1: 4:44am On Jan 27
Poverty sector is working
harsysky:

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Passionnn: 5:38am On Jan 27
YoobaNesan:
Alhamdulillah! grin
You are writing Ahamdullilah, whereas the taxes paid by the brewery are shared to all States from which your state governors fund Hajj for those who desperately want to kiss the black stone

1 Like

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Evercurious(f): 5:39am On Jan 27
blowjohn:

U wudnt understand.
Ur type can never own a shop rite.

Cos u will want maximum profits

😂 As I said earlier, you can NEVER be a business man cos you know absolutely NOTHING about business nor economics... What again do they say in business management ' MAXIMIZE PROFIT AND MINIMIZE LOSS'....

And I ve an advice for you.. NEVER VENTURE INTO BUSINESS COS YOU LL DEFINITELY LOSE WITH THIS YOUR MINDSET..

1 Like

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by blowjohn(m): 5:55am On Jan 27
Evercurious:

😂 As I said earlier, you can NEVER be a business man cos you know absolutely NOTHING about business nor economics... What again do they say in business management ' MAXIMIZE PROFIT AND MINIMIZE LOSS'....

And I ve an advice for you.. NEVER VENTURE INTO BUSINESS COS YOU LL DEFINITELY LOSE WITH THIS YOUR MINDSET..

Says someone with a typical African mentality.
I don tell u.

U dey follow textbooks and written down rules in a changing world.

Continue to be stuck in the past..

In fact u stick to ur business ( if it's working at all) and let me continue enjoying mine.
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Moniya4Real(m): 6:26am On Jan 27
Your response to the write- up reeks of the same tribal vituperation you accused other people of. Can’t you for once, excoriate people without mentioning a word or two about tribalism?. You and the people liking your post are the same. And fyi, I am Yoruba and have never been a supporter of TINUBu.

Arobaga:

1 Like

Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Splashme: 6:55am On Jan 27
Na wa oo
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by Splashme: 7:01am On Jan 27
azpekuliar:

You are right. I was there a few weeks ago. There is a driving school operating there who is using their forklifts, box trucks and semi-trucks to train people who want to Japa to Canada and need those skills. grin I see am with my koro koro 4 eyes. That is what a whole Guinness Nigeria has been reduced to. The country is finished.

Na wa oh
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by K4daniel: 8:58am On Jan 27
Omo I don't know the strategy the former CBN was using but still the best.

We are not ripe for this dubious subsidy removal. The administration doesn't have a clue or any feasible plan on the ground. I feel for the workers' and shareholders' investment which is now a loss.

The truth is even the UK, and the US all managed their economy in the best interest of their citizen only in Nigeria the people's interests were not to be considered. Now they can see the consequences.
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by bluefilm: 9:45am On Jan 27
What a balabluu!?
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by blacknp(m): 11:35am On Jan 27
Arobaga:

Wailing words of a Lazy Nigerian, go & better your personal life, or what you have left of it, no one owes you anything in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

To you, It is the President’s fault that Diageo made a loss in Nigeria? because the docile ones like yourself have nothing of value to add to better your life, or are you a shareholder in Guinness Nigeria Plc?
Re: Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss by blacknp(m): 11:38am On Jan 27
K4daniel:
Omo I don't know the strategy the former CBN was using but still the best.

We are not ripe for this dubious subsidy removal. The administration doesn't have a clue or any feasible plan on the ground. I feel for the workers' and shareholders' investment which is now a loss.

The truth is even the UK, and the US all managed their economy in the best interest of their citizen only in Nigeria the people's interests were not to be considered. Now they can see the consequences.
Emptying our foreign reserve to keep the dollar low was the best option to you lazy minded man that has nothing to offer?

Majority of you Nairalanders are just too lazy minded and lack any sense of intellectuality hence you are guaranteed to suffer in the system.

Go and farm &, or find a commodity to export, instead you will be wasting your life on Nairaland imagining junk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank, Remita Introduce Salary Advance Scheme / UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days / Jumia Closes Business In Tanzania Days After Suspending Operations In Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.