Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic (10881 Views)

Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round / Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) / Serena Williams Dress At The Australian Open Clash, Causes A Stir Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by MT: 3:48pm On Jan 26
iwaeda:
Sinner, what a name. grin angry angry angry angry angry

Nigeria Pastor left the chat.....
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by djon78(m): 4:10pm On Jan 26
iwaeda:
Jannik Sinner caused a major upset, beatingNovak Djokovic to reach the Australian Open men’s final, ending the 10-time champion’s career unbeaten streak in semifinals at Melbourne Park.

The 22-year-old Italian broke Djokovic’s serve twice in each of the first two sets but missed a match point in the third set of a 6-1, 6-2, 6-7 (6), 6-3 victory that earned him a place in a Grand Slam final for the first time.

He’ll play either third-seeded Daniil Medvedev or No. 6 Alexander Zverev for the championship on Sunday.

Djokovic’s bid for a record-extending 11th Australian and 25th major title overall will have to wait.

He hadn’t lost a match at Melbourne Park since 2018 and was on a 33-match winning streak at the season’s first major. Every previous time he’d won a quarterfinal in Australia, Djokovic had gone on to win the hardcourt title.

On this occasion, however, despite claiming the third set tie break, he had no answer to an opponent who has now won three of their last four meetings.

Sinner was asked in his on court post-match interview what the secret of his success was to toppling the world’s best player and although he refused to give a full tactical debrief, he hinted that moving his opponent around the court as much as possible is imperative.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/26/jannick-sinner-reveals-secret-beating-novak-djokovic-20175879/

Good

Djokovic should go and rest and leave other young tennis athletes to compete for grand slam

His generation: Federer is gone, Nadal almost gone

He should go and rest
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by djon78(m): 4:12pm On Jan 26
yinkeys:
Âge finally catching up with Djokovic
Legendary
Best tennis player of all time

I take Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal over Him

Don't really like the guy

I don't know why

1 Like

Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by 11doubledee: 4:13pm On Jan 26
MT:

Don't write Djokovic off.

He still has like 5 slams in him.
Hmmmnnnn...... 5 slams ?
I very much doubt it ,same thing about Sampras when Federer came on board, Federer himself had to face reality with Djokovic as his biggest nemesis, Nadal (clay Court master) as well had to give in.
Maybe 2 more slams because tennis is a youthful sport.Sinner has found a way to play him,zverev,alcaraz, Medvedev will only get better.
I'm giving him two because he is not as injury prone as any of the above tennis legends.
Life is time.

1 Like

Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by lifezone247(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26
abhosts:
If sinner was African, they would have told him to change his name else he won't prosper.
im telling you my brother
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by boxypane(m): 4:24pm On Jan 26
STUNNED! bawo? Have you checked their history? Nothing like stun here o
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by commoditiesnig: 4:35pm On Jan 26
christejames:
Keep Sinning around grin grin grin
Lol.. that name strong o grin

1 Like

Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by Madeade: 4:35pm On Jan 26
Na so! No champion forever
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by muller101(m): 4:42pm On Jan 26
Novak why. As a big fan of Novak no problem as long as the trophy won't go to that Spaniard whose major distraction is always stroking his hair before a serve. Yes I mean nadal.

1 Like

Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by Rybnyk(m): 4:53pm On Jan 26
MT:

He might win some more grand slams but 5? Highly doubt that. Novak will be 37 in May. As fit as he is,age will start to catch up sometime. With the likes of Zverev,Sinner, Medvedev,Hurkacz,Alcaraz and co around,it will be very difficult. We still have Berettini who has been having injury issues. It will be very difficult for Novak to just keep on going with quality young players popping up.

1 Like

Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by GreatAchiever1: 5:04pm On Jan 26
muller101:
Novak why. As a big fan of Novak no problem as long as the trophy won't go to that Spaniard whose major distraction is always stroking his hair before a serve. Yes I mean nadal.

Na my boy you dey troll so, take time o.
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by MT: 5:06pm On Jan 26
11doubledee:

Hmmmnnnn...... 5 slams ?
I very much doubt it ,same thing about Sampras when Federer came on board, Federer himself had to face reality with Djokovic as his biggest nemesis, Nadal (clay Court master) as well had to give in.
Maybe 2 more slams because tennis is a youthful sports, Sinner has found a way to play him,zverev,alcaraz, Medvedev will only get better.
I'm giving him two because he's is not as injury prone as any of the above tennis legends.
Life is time.

Your argument was very compelling but at the bolded , I doubt it.

Djokovic could evolve and vary his style of play.

We shall see what happens though

1 Like

Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by yinkeys(m): 5:13pm On Jan 26
djon78:

I don't know why
Who has the highest number of grand slams
Numbers dont lie
People dont like cr7 too
There are people who don’t like Messi

1 Like

Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by yinkeys(m): 5:14pm On Jan 26
MT:

At 37 years old
I doubt
Arthritis in the knee loading
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by MT: 5:23pm On Jan 26
djon78:

I don't know why

You dont like him because those two you mentioned came before him and have lot of fans.

Their fans do not want to "accept" Djokovic.

But figures don't lie. Djokovic is supreme, a genius and way above those two.

Hate him or like him, he has cemented his legendary as the best

1 Like

Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by tonicyril: 5:28pm On Jan 26
post=128136913:
Anytime Djokovic loses,
It is always a BIG news in the TENNIS WORLD,
Why?
Because he hardly lose!

He is the best in the world for some reasons.

Win, Lose or Draw : #TeamDjokovic
best in the world for sure but ROGER FEDERER remains the babarest.....GOAT BABA FEDERER....
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by VaginaAcademic: 5:51pm On Jan 26
Who named him sinner oyinbo with funny names
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by Pootle: 6:09pm On Jan 26
stopped following tennis after the federa nd nadal rivalry twas tense then watch couple of games too
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by muller101(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26
GreatAchiever1:

Na my boy you dey troll so, take time o.
lol. Nadal before a serve is like onana before a goal kick.
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by GreatAchiever1: 6:59pm On Jan 26
muller101:
lol. Nadal before a serve is like onana before a goal kick.

How you go compare Onana with Nadal? Nadal has 22 grand slams, wetin Onana get to his name?
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by muller101(m): 7:01pm On Jan 26
GreatAchiever1:

How you go compare Onana with Nadal? Nadal has 22 grand slams, wetin Onana get to his name?
Their delaying tactics I mean during games.
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by GreatAchiever1: 7:03pm On Jan 26
muller101:
Their delaying tactics I mean during games.

Oh, ok I see now. Sha free my boy, the guy dey strategize na.
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by seunayantokun(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26
What do you expect when you play with a sinner?
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by kilisi(m): 8:35pm On Jan 26
kilisi:

Watch out for Holger Rune and Jannik Sinner too
I predicted this some months back. And now its happening faster than I thought.
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by olusanya883: 9:47pm On Jan 26
Âge finally catching up with Djokovic Legendary Best tennis player of all timeÂge finally catching up with Djokovic Legendary Best tennis player of all time...
Re: Australian Open Semi-finals: Sinner Stuns Djokovic by R0LL0N(m): 8:05am On Jan 27
Missing my alcaras the guy they moan for tennis game as if he is having sex

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Eagles: President Buhari Postpones CHAN Team Visit Till Next Week / CAF Champions League: Nigeria’s Lobi Stars Get Tough Draw / Chelsea In Talks To Sign Atletico Madrid's Defender Stefan Savic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.