Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape (34200 Views)

Church Members Say Pastor Feyi Daniels Framed, Conviction Will Be Overturned / Court Remands Bishop Feyi In Prison For Allegedly Raping 2 Church Members / Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by politicoNG: 12:41pm On Jan 26
The Lagos State Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Court in Ikeja has sentenced a cleric, Bishop Oluwafeyiropo Daniels, to life in prison for the offence of raping a pastor in his church, “I Reign Christian Ministry” in June 2020.

The Court also found Mr. Daniels guilty of the offence of sexual assault of two members of his church and sentenced to three years in prison.

Delivering judgment, Justice Rahman Oshodi said he believed the testimony of the complainant as well as other witnesses who gave direct evidence which weren’t contradicted at any point during the trial, despite the denials of the defendant.

The court also held that the prosecution had successfully proven all the ingredients of rape under section 260(2) of the criminal laws of Lagos state, 2015.

But Justice Oshodi discharged the defendant of the second count of allegedly raping another church member at his home in 2020.

The court said the prosecution failed to prove the elements of the use of force, fear of harm by the complainant and misrepresentation by the defendant to establish guilt in the offence of rape beyond all reasonable doubt.

The court ordered that the convict’s name be Registered in the Lagos state sex offenders register.

The defendant is also ordered to Serve his jail term at the Nigeria correctional center, at the kirikiri maximum facility where he is currently being detained.

In the words of the judge, the cleric used his dominant character and position to Sexual violate two members of his church.

“Rape carries a mandatory life imprisonment and sexual assault carries a jail term of three years, which can’t alleviate the harm on your victims.

In exercising the mandatory sentencing, the court said the convict poses a significant risk to the society.”

https://www.tvcnews.tv/2024/01/update-court-sentences-lagos-cleric-feyi-daniels-to-life-in-prison-for-rape/

Previous Threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/7683890/bishop-feyi-daniel-raped-me#123046246

https://www.nairaland.com/7656746/court-remands-bishop-feyi-prison#122580085

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by TechCapon(m): 12:47pm On Jan 26
grin konji don finish this one.. But wait o, so Lagos has sex offenders register? If yes, where can I check it? It's not supposed to be a secret.

In America, sex offenders register is a public platform where you can easily Google a person's name and you'll know if their name is there or not. In the US, if your name mistakenly enter that register your own don finish. It's a book of death. You can never get a decent job in your life. In fact to get a wife na die.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by crossfm: 12:47pm On Jan 26
Hehehe.

Good one.
He will meet people that will also rape him inside there. karma came too quick grin cheesy.

Hunter don turn bush meat. I cover his a... With the tongue.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Dimaya: 12:48pm On Jan 26
Na wao

I guess it was this kind of thinking that got the pastor in trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0r4pp-u_uI

May God forgive us all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by TheBTCinvestor: 12:48pm On Jan 26
Useless man...why u no carry hookup for 30k...seek consent first...see how u ruined ur life...idiot

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by koyeni(m): 12:49pm On Jan 26
Ah
Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by smoke9910(m): 12:49pm On Jan 26
If a lot of men could control their sexual urge, it will save them from so many things in this world. See how this man has wasted his life cos of lack of self control.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Tartasbags(m): 12:49pm On Jan 26
Good

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Honestey: 12:49pm On Jan 26
Watery beans on the menu

7 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by immortalcrown(m): 12:50pm On Jan 26
If this is actually true, where are his "Touch not my anointed" crooners? A big shame to humanity. Let him rot in the prison.

Meanwhile, this is a delicious lunch for Jennyclay.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Tayomi37(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26
Did penalty for rape is life imprisonment in Nigeria?.

I'm just asking for the last time I heard was 6 to 14years

22 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by nairavsdollars(f): 12:51pm On Jan 26
Too bad for him..the man who predicted Tinubu will be jailed and not sworn in

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by SultanOfAbia: 12:51pm On Jan 26
Ok
Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Akaegwu(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26
Chai
Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Nice2023(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26
This pastors ordeal started when he prophesied that APC lost the election and he kept on repeating it until we started hearing that he raped women and that was it.

Na their wahala be that

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by samuel19222(m): 12:52pm On Jan 26
how much be ashawo money wey this pastor no fit pay? omo na to go use the rest of his life for kirikiri dey preach be that
Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Sicklebear28: 12:52pm On Jan 26
TechCapon:
grin

He he he.... Another idiot has kissed the dust

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by bhouze(m): 12:52pm On Jan 26
really?
Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by CandidAdmin(m): 12:52pm On Jan 26
3 - 10 minutes of fun.

Life time of nightmare.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Sicklebear28: 12:53pm On Jan 26
Tayomi37:

In Lagos state it is life imprisonment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Streetmovement(m): 12:53pm On Jan 26
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Them no dey give spaghetti for prison o

Abeg how this rape take dey sweet sef wey dey make men dey loseguard.

RIP to him in prison in advance.
Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by nstore: 12:53pm On Jan 26
Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Agromuda(m): 12:53pm On Jan 26
He can continue his Bishop work there. I wish him well

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by AntiTerrorist: 12:54pm On Jan 26
Image123:
Isn't that the man that claimed to see May 29, 2023 events in Eagle square?
Nice2023:
This pastors ordeal started when he prophesied that APC lost the election and he kept on repeating it until we started hearing that he raped women and that was it.

Na their wahala be that
nairavsdollars:
Too bad for him..the man who predicted Tinubu will be jailed and not sworn in
This is the reason he was sent to jail not because he is a rapist. But if he is truly a rapist, may he rot in jail.

In this country, you are free to commit any crime so far you are not anit-APC. Even if you are a Muslim terrorist, you will be forgiven and given automatic ticket to join the army.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Image123(m): 12:54pm On Jan 26
Isn't that the man that claimed to see May 29, 2023 events in Eagle square?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:54pm On Jan 26
He don red, why would someone even rape even when toto wey Dem give free of charge still no dey sweet as expected

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by pauljumbo: 12:54pm On Jan 26
They should make this judgement also to ladies that commit peternal fraud too

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by 1gbdata: 12:54pm On Jan 26
Raping a pastor in his church
Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by moyinoluwabun(m): 12:55pm On Jan 26
Na wah
Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by elasticlala: 12:55pm On Jan 26
Rape is not not good but I still don't understand why arrested bandits could be forgiven and a rapist is sentenced to life imprisonment in the same country... something is wrong somewhere

36 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Feyi Daniels To Life In Prison Over Rape by Streetmovement(m): 12:55pm On Jan 26
Tayomi37:

Wotoporiously cool speaking

Rape person first you go know the correct figures of 2024 grin

I nor fit laugh 😂

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kidnappers Who Pose As Women Online To Rob, Kill Victims Arrested In Rivers / Members Of Robbery Gang From Onitsha Shot Dead In Ogun / Human Skeleton Discovered In Waste Bag In 1982 Identified 40 Years Later In U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.