Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today (55941 Views)

The ₦2,000 Food I Bought At An Eatery Today / See The #4'550 Meal I Bought At Chicken Republic This Morning. / See The Food I Bought For 2.5k In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Ijaya123: 7:37pm On Jan 26
Tonytonex:
for mama put bah?

#600 food still dey?

Yes. A portion is N100. Meat and ponmo are N100 apiece. Goat meat is N1,000

2 Likes

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Pootle: 7:38pm On Jan 26
Kucoin:

U meant it sweat with the oil or what?

Cos I bought it to mix it with bread. Alone.

without oil am i missing something, me eating beans without oil cant be tasty
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Galadimabawa: 7:40pm On Jan 26
illicit:
In Ibadan maybe 500

In Abuja, 1000
in Ivory Coast 5k

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Tonytonex(m): 7:40pm On Jan 26
Ijaya123:

Yes. A portion is N100. Meat and ponmo are N100 apiece. Goat meat is N1,000
it's very good price. How are they making profit? A friend of mine bought a piece of a smaller potion of it for 200 this evening here

1 Like

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by ObalendeCMS: 7:40pm On Jan 26
4-5h here in Osun state.

2 Likes

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Boyooosa(m): 7:40pm On Jan 26
Ijaya123:
I went out to get lunch somewhere in Lagos today and this the food I bought for N600. That’s 4 portions of Amala with meat and ponmo.

I think a lot of food people are selling these days are over priced.

I can bet this is ogba....

Over priced? Where? Be precise
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by jamesversion: 7:41pm On Jan 26
Otunbakayce:
This is exactly how foolish ill educated people talk. Soo Farmers won't factor in cost of fertiliser, machinery, transportation, fuel and other things affected by inflation.
They won't pay rent or pay their children school fees.

What is the percentage jump on price from N2500 to N12000 in 4years?

Why do Nigerians always support evil. Because Mr. A increased their price by 10%, Mr. B will increase by 50% and so on and suddenly, things spiral out of control.

President Tinubu removed subsidy and fuel price rose from N186 to N700. Yet, transport fare only increased marginally.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by tollyboy5(m): 7:41pm On Jan 26
I don't think it is cost
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Maxtipulation(m): 7:42pm On Jan 26
Very cheap
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by IjeBos(m): 7:42pm On Jan 26
planetx:
Less than a dollar in Nigeria. $23 to $25 in the US. God bless Nigeria.

Stop it. That's maybe a $12 meal if that.

1 Like

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Trophy12: 7:45pm On Jan 26
My area that food na 400

2 Likes

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by ukaface(f): 7:47pm On Jan 26
What’s that vegetable sprinkles?
Someone said ewedu
That one no be ewedu o
Na ew the edu still Dey pot

4 Likes

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Trumpdonald5: 7:49pm On Jan 26
planetx:
Less than a dollar in Nigeria. $23 to $25 in the US. God bless Nigeria.
Keep deceiving yourself
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by planetx: 7:52pm On Jan 26
IjeBos:

Stop it. That's maybe a $12 meal if that.
$12 meal where? No Nigerian restaurant in the Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC metro which I just came back from sell any Nigerian food less than $23.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by onuman: 7:57pm On Jan 26
Ijaya123:
I went out to get lunch somewhere in Lagos today and this the food I bought for N600. That’s 4 portions of Amala with meat and ponmo.

If not that this food is from SW region of my country, I would write "vomiatable." I don't like the colour and form.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by oneman2k7: 8:00pm On Jan 26
I envy u o
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Konquest: 8:00pm On Jan 26
Ijaya123:

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by agabusta: 8:00pm On Jan 26
jamesversion:

Yea@ bold. I was with some farmers last week who were very happy a basin of garri is now sold for almost N12,000. They were pointing out to me how they sold a basin of garri for N2,500 in 2018. How garri business has become so lucrative due to rise in dollar and subsequent rise everywhere else.

Same land, same cassava stem for planting, same planting techniques with adherence to the planting season, yet, in a space of 6yrs, garri price have quadrupled.

Na we dey do ourselves.

They too are buying from the economy na. Increased transport cost, increased price of commodities, increased Sch fees, increased electricity, increased house rent, etc

3 Likes

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Konquest: 8:00pm On Jan 26
illicit:
In Ibadan maybe 500

In Abuja, 1000
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Konquest: 8:01pm On Jan 26
landmark86:
Breaking down of the food
4 portion of Amala (4x100)= #400
Meat = #100
Ponmo = #100
Total= #600

The price are not bad just that the soup (ewedu) is a little bit small.

That's the present situation we Nigerians find ourself.

Renewed shege
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Konquest: 8:02pm On Jan 26
jamesversion:

Yea@ bold. I was with some farmers last week who were very happy a basin of garri is now sold for almost N12,000. They were pointing out to me how they sold a basin of garri for N2,500 in 2018. How garri business has become so lucrative due to rise in dollar and subsequent rise everywhere else.

Same land, same cassava stem for planting, same planting techniques with adherence to the planting season, yet, in a space of 6yrs, garri price have quadrupled.

Na we dey do ourselves.
Interesting takes.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by onuman: 8:04pm On Jan 26
DivinegiftofGod:
To even put the Ewedu hard them. It's so annoying the way people are beginning to take advantage of the high cost of things to cheat their customers. We know things are expensive but is that why one can not get what they paid for? I mean this food was paid for but where is the soup meant for the swallow? It's crazy and op can not protest it?

See the sick looking stew self.

Stew and soup are more expensive than the foofoo.
The Batified of this country don't mind that there is no stew or soup for swallowing the ewedu.
All the Batified are after is BAT is president of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Gaskiya77: 8:04pm On Jan 26
Who has done this to us? Gone were the days when we eat enough food with just little money

1 Like

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by NwokoloOwa: 8:10pm On Jan 26
Xosh:

The meal is okay at that price to me,not forgetting the current wave of foodstuffs in the country.

Very ok.

1 Like

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Tonididdyx: 8:11pm On Jan 26
Is this food for your dog?

I can never eat in a Lagos bukka!

1 Like

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Lumarstone: 8:12pm On Jan 26
The food itself is not edible to me by a mere looking.

1 Like

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Caleb15(m): 8:17pm On Jan 26
See the 50 naira Close-Up, i bought in lagos.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Kavod: 8:17pm On Jan 26
jubrilELsudan:
YOU DEY FVCK THE SELLER?
NA E BABE JARE... 600 KE,....
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by DivinegiftofGod: 8:22pm On Jan 26
muller101:
Ewedu is expensive now. Its off season for upland farmers. Only those farmer in water logged areas can produce it. And places like that aren't much to come by.

But if he buys 200 naira Ewedu and prepares it himself he'll get more than this apology of a meal here
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by perdollar(m): 8:23pm On Jan 26
Looks poolicious

1 Like

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Testimony1988(m): 8:23pm On Jan 26
Its expensive, I thought food is cheap in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amala Pictures That Will Make You Drool Like Nothing Else Can / Made In Anambra Rice Sells For ₦9,000 In Onitsha (Photos) / Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.