Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today (55940 Views)

The ₦2,000 Food I Bought At An Eatery Today / See The #4'550 Meal I Bought At Chicken Republic This Morning. / See The Food I Bought For 2.5k In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Barryclems: 8:34am On Jan 27
My brother, your luck shine well oo....that food dey okay with the price
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by femi4: 8:38am On Jan 27
Ijaya123:
I went out to get lunch somewhere in Lagos today and this the food I bought for N600. That’s 4 portions of Amala with meat and ponmo.

I think a lot of food people are selling these days are over priced.
Do market survey n come back. That plate of Amala used to be between 200 -300 in 2012. This Country is finished
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by zinaunreal(m): 8:38am On Jan 27
See as the food resemble Tinubu πŸ˜†
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by ylaa(f): 8:38am On Jan 27
Sick looking stew πŸ€’πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜€

These days food sellers behave as if they are dashing people food on top your money. I prepare my own food oh abeg.

There something about these amala people, in November 2023, i followed a friend to amala joint somewhere at Iyana Ipaja after a long day. When it was our turn, my friend spotted a 50 naira note inside the small bowl of water where they dip the amala cutter to cut amala for people. My friend pointed the money and asked that she removed the 50 naira note change the water b4 serving her....
These people are very fetish. She grudgingly obey but not without running her mouth.

quote author=DivinegiftofGod post=128139063]To even put the Ewedu hard them. It's so annoying the way people are beginning to take advantage of the high cost of things to cheat their customers. We know things are expensive but is that why one can not get what they paid for? I mean this food was paid for but where is the soup meant for the swallow? It's crazy and op can not protest it?

See the sick looking stew self. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by DivinegiftofGod: 9:03am On Jan 27
ylaa:
Sick looking stew πŸ€’πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜€

These days food sellers behave as if they are dashing people food on top your money. I prepare my own food oh abeg.

There something about these amala people, in November 2023, i followed a friend to amala joint somewhere at Iyana Ipaja after a long day. When it was our turn, my friend spotted a 50 naira note inside the small bowl of water where they dip the amala cutter to cut amala for people. My friend pointed the money and asked that she removed the 50 naira note change the water b4 serving her....
These people are very fetish. She grudgingly obey but not without running her mouth.

quote author=DivinegiftofGod post=128139063]To even put the Ewedu hard them. It's so annoying the way people are beginning to take advantage of the high cost of things to cheat their customers. We know things are expensive but is that why one can not get what they paid for? I mean this food was paid for but where is the soup meant for the swallow? It's crazy and op can not protest it?

See the sick looking stew self.

I'm telling you. It looks like they dash the guy the food with the way it was served soupless.

You see that fetish aspect, they are good in that one . All of them use one juju concoction or the other to sell their food.

There's one Amala joint at Dolphin estate Obalende we used to go and eat. Once the woman sees us ( twins), she'll change her face and be telling her girls in their language to answer us quickly and let us leave her shop. Me and my second will now stand together and be staring at her and she'll be avoiding our gaze. Maybe her own fetish doesn't see twins. grin

2 Likes

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Ijaya123: 9:25am On Jan 27
femi4:
Do market survey n come back. That plate of Amala used to be between 200 -300 in 2012. This Country is finished

Do market survey n come back. That plate of Amala used to be between N50 -N100 in 2005.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Ijaya123: 9:26am On Jan 27
Boyooosa:

Na dat lady behind the big church ba?

Be like Lagos map dey your head 😁😁😁
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Stevo35: 10:24am On Jan 27
Damn! that's shit!..
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by tafabaloo(m): 10:42am On Jan 27
jubrilELsudan:
YOU DEY FVCK THE SELLER?

This man na sir wee ! grin
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Ijaya123: 10:57am On Jan 27
jubrilELsudan:
YOU DEY FVCK THE SELLER?

No. If you patronise her, na so she go sell for you too.

Most of you have been buying overpriced food. So when you see stuffs like this, it appears unbelievable
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by crayfishng(m): 11:37am On Jan 27
My thoughts exactly. Haa! What are they expecting? The food is a great deal!!!

BOSSkesh:
This is a good deal
Why the complaint?
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by crayfishng(m): 11:38am On Jan 27
For 600,this massive amala, kpomo and soup una de complain? Ha! You want Ogufe inside? If anything,I think thr meal is quite cheap and very affordable. I bought amala in my state for almost 2500 and I'm sure it won't be as sweet as this one here that's 600.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by one4GOD(f): 11:50am On Jan 27
omoredia:

U let Tinubu cheat u nah food seller no go cheat u?
leave am, him no even realise say nah Genesis him dey, him never reach Leviticus πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ wait until you wint even see amala buy again.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Decarbonisation: 12:09pm On Jan 27
Ijaya123:
I went out to get lunch somewhere in Lagos today and this the food I bought for N600. That’s 4 portions of Amala with meat and ponmo.

Come to Benue, you will get that for 100 Naira.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Slurity(m): 12:39pm On Jan 27
illicit:
In Ibadan maybe 500

In Abuja, 1000
That is 600 in Ibadan too
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Perfectnumber6(m): 1:08pm On Jan 27
So you ate this dog shit mehn Bleep yuck... Even my dog will puke at the sight of this shit mehn...
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Fredfr33zy(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27
jamesversion:

Yea@ bold. I was with some farmers last week who were very happy a basin of garri is now sold for almost N12,000. They were pointing out to me how they sold a basin of garri for N2,500 in 2018. How garri business has become so lucrative due to rise in dollar and subsequent rise everywhere else.

Same land, same cassava stem for planting, same planting techniques with adherence to the planting season, yet, in a space of 6yrs, garri price have quadrupled.

Na we dey do ourselves.

That's why is better to do business, make everybody raise their prize up. The only people suffering it are salary earners.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Ijaya123: 1:37pm On Jan 27
Decarbonisation:

Come to Benue, you will get that for 100 Naira.

Are you kidding me?
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Ijaya123: 1:40pm On Jan 27
crayfishng:
For 600,this massive amala, kpomo and soup una de complain? Ha! You want Ogufe inside? If anything,I think thr meal is quite cheap and very affordable. I bought amala in my state for almost 2500 and I'm sure it won't be as sweet as this one here that's 600.

I’m not complaining. I’m actually putting it here to show that there are still cheap around.

If I added Ogufe to that meal, it will be N1,600
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Dminister(m): 2:48pm On Jan 27
Is this a sacrifice to the gods of Tinubu?
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by muller101(m): 3:24pm On Jan 27
ChristCee:

It's prettier than your future.
Attention seeker. You have been noticed.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by muller101(m): 3:25pm On Jan 27
Ohraykon:
close your eyes and face your own food
I didn't seek your opinion. Move on boy.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Ijaya123: 3:29pm On Jan 27
Dminister:
Is this a sacrifice to the gods of Tinubu?

That food is more popular outside Nigeria than some people.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Wuless82(m): 4:39pm On Jan 27
Ijaya123:

In Lagos, very cheap ooo
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Ijaya123: 4:55pm On Jan 27
Wuless82:

In Lagos, very cheap ooo

Yes. Quit cheap.
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by PARADIZEPRIEST: 7:03pm On Jan 27
Ijaya123:

YES,D FOOD IS OVERPRICED WHILE NAIRA IS UNDERVALUED
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Boyooosa(m): 8:20pm On Jan 27
Ijaya123:

No mind me, na there I dey eat Amala anytime I go ogba grin

1 Like

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by nomolos92: 12:53am On Jan 28
jamesversion:

Yea@ bold. I was with some farmers last week who were very happy a basin of garri is now sold for almost N12,000. They were pointing out to me how they sold a basin of garri for N2,500 in 2018. How garri business has become so lucrative due to rise in dollar and subsequent rise everywhere else.

Same land, same cassava stem for planting, same planting techniques with adherence to the planting season, yet, in a space of 6yrs, garri price have quadrupled.

Na we dey do ourselves.

Won't they buy other things at high cost after selling the garri?

If e pain you go and farm and sell your own garri N2,500 so you go stop doing yourself
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by ylaa(f): 7:14pm On Jan 28
Kai, I believe you. If na me i will over stay even when I am done eating.

uote author=DivinegiftofGod post=128146404]

I'm telling you. It looks like they dash the guy the food with the way it was served soupless.

You see that fetish aspect, they are good in that one . All of them use one juju concoction or the other to sell their food.

There's one Amala joint at Dolphin estate Obalende we used to go and eat. Once the woman sees us ( twins), she'll change her face and be telling her girls in their language to answer us quickly and let us leave her shop. Me and my second will now stand together and be staring at her and she'll be avoiding our gaze. Maybe her own fetish doesn't see twins. grin[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by DivinegiftofGod: 7:16pm On Jan 28
ylaa:

There's one Amala joint at Dolphin estate Obalende we used to go and eat. Once the woman sees us ( twins), she'll change her face and be telling her girls in their language to answer us quickly and let us leave her shop. Me and my second will now stand together and be staring at her and she'll be avoiding our gaze. Maybe her own fetish doesn't see twins. grin

LoL . πŸ˜‚ You want make she faint be that. grin
Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Boyooosa(m): 10:00pm On Jan 29
Ijaya123:

My own version today 😁
The same table and price

1 Like

Re: See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today by Boyooosa(m): 11:38am On Jan 30
ylaa:

Hmmm....
You need to force yourself out of what the programme in your head and mind...this is 2024 and the world has moved far

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amala Pictures That Will Make You Drool Like Nothing Else Can / Made In Anambra Rice Sells For ₦9,000 In Onitsha (Photos) / Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.