Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch (21375 Views)

Umahi: Fani-Kayode Is A Liar, He Played No Role In My Defection To APC / IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu / Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by chisomkachy: 8:54pm On Jan 26
A former chairman of the council of traditional rulers in Imo State, Samuel Ohiri, has said that the police did not secure his freedom from kidnappers; rather, he paid ransom to secure his release.

The monarch, who was kidnapped from his residence on June 6, 2023, in the Orodo Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State, was released after 13 days in captivity.

Meanwhile, the Imo police command had claimed that it secured Ohiri’s freedom in collaboration with other security agencies.

But speaking with journalists on Friday, the monarch said he was released after ransom was paid to the kidnappers, TheCable reports.

He was quoted him as saying that “Contrary to what the police said about my release, there is no hiding the fact that the state police never played any role.

“I actually do not want to speak on this but I am doing it just to set the records straight.

“I am not disputing the fact that the police may have made efforts towards my release but I am talking what I know.

“It was my relationship with God and the help from my family people that made it possible. Although, that was after we paid ransom.”

Ohiri, who recounted his experience, said that he “saw hell” in captivity.

He said, “I came back home to celebrate Christmas and New Year with my people in Obi-Orodo. Then on the 6th of January, I decided to visit one of my old boys and senior students of Emmanuel College Secondary School in those days.

“But when I was coming back after visiting my friend around 8:30pm; I met able-bodied men in front of my palace gate, who came in their vehicle.

“They double-crossed me and forced me into their vehicle. My cousin’s brother smartly introduced himself as my driver and they set him free. They now blindfolded me and zoomed off to an unknown destination.

“I was first kept in an uncompleted building before I was transferred to another location. Within the twelve days I spent in their den, I saw hell.

“It looked so much as if they had some scores to settle with the traditional rulers and politicians, but luckily for me, their leader came out and ordered them not to torture me, that I am a decent man.

“Negotiations began between my people and the kidnappers which eventually resulted in setting me free after we paid the first and second ransom.

“They later took me and another victim to Eziama Obiato, a community in Mbaitoli LGA, along Owerri-Onitsha expressway, at night after I spent twelve days in their dungeon.

“And from there I found my way back to Owerri at Asumpta Cathedral roundabout where my people came and conveyed me back to my palace.”

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/26/nigerian-police-didnt-rescue-me-kidnappers-i-paid-ransom-imo-traditional-ruler-ohiri?fbclid=IwAR1OSgdJdkrgyjlfduvlGLhLjYcy-ksNK2pe75xudRi4-VuxDJSLIxQMBT8

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7974548/imo-monarch-eze-ohiri-regains#128012996

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by Delight201(m): 9:24pm On Jan 26
Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by oz4real83(m): 9:28pm On Jan 26
Believe the Nigerian police at your own peril embarassed. When you hear this statement--- "the kidnappers flew into the bush, we are still combing the areas to catch the fleeing suspects", just know that ransom was paid shocked. If not for vigilantes, security situation in Nigeria would have been worse than it is now shocked, we have even heard how vigilantes rescued police officers from kidnappers shocked

177 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by Mcmichaelin1: 9:28pm On Jan 26
Who con Dey lie

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by GanagiBitrus: 9:28pm On Jan 26
Many criminals in Nigeria see Kidnapping as a very lucrative business that will fetch millions in just a few days.

The only deterrent to change this narrative is to adopt public execution of Kidnappers by firing squad.

134 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by kingamaa(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26
Who go come deliver us from kidnappers?

Police seem to be toothless. I tire o

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by abobote: 9:29pm On Jan 26
Imagine how people are disgracing our security forces, up and down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by Teeklef(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26
Omoh!!! Oriade ti sun ita oo . Nigerian police just like to take glory that is not theirs. Same is applicable to one guy that almost steal another person's goal with just a strand of hair at the world cup🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

11 Likes

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by ekelebeXstunner: 9:29pm On Jan 26
We know. Police no send anybody. If anything, a few of them were familiar with the kidnappers.

16 Likes

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26
Police too like to dey take glory that's not meant for them

29 Likes

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by magoo10(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26
Pray they don't come for you
Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by osuofia2(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26
Terrible, Nigeria became worse off security wise after ending sars..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by FuckingMachine: 9:30pm On Jan 26
The money was probably paid into Tinubu's account.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by ImoleNaija: 9:30pm On Jan 26
Are these kidnappers invincible?

We can't keep on paying huge ransom. Many would be attracted to such unethical way of making money.

6 Likes

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by money121(m): 9:31pm On Jan 26
Wahala

Police is not your friend
Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by tishbite43: 9:32pm On Jan 26
I just love my tribesmen
No time for rubbish

You want to collect glory not due to you

7 Likes

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by zoer(m): 9:32pm On Jan 26
Boys Scout and Boys Brigade are way too far honest and active compare to the Nigeria Police.

If the police is not benefiting from a crime then they are not interested.

Why do NPF lie without shame recently..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by mrrandomguy: 9:33pm On Jan 26
Nigeria is a failed state.

Police is still our friend.

Northerners complaining about CBN moving departments to Lagos.

And Ibos are still thinking that if Peter Obi had won, the Northerners would have left him alone to implement any reform agenda.

Nigeria is a failed state.

Break Nigeria now.

MrRandomGuy™

8 Likes

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by easyfem(m): 9:34pm On Jan 26
No explain yourself sir , we know …

Police that can tell you not to pay for your release so that you can quick die in the hand of those kidnappers ….

7 Likes

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by Macdeey: 9:34pm On Jan 26
grin

We have now turned to a Country of paying Ransom to kidnappers !!!

APC thank you wooooooo cool

APC leaders May Thunder ⚡⚡⚡⛈️⛈️⛈️⚡⚡⚡ Fire una tongue

9 Likes

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by Dexy4yah(m): 9:34pm On Jan 26
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by Idaytesj29(m): 9:35pm On Jan 26
Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:36pm On Jan 26
It looked so much as if they had some scores to settle with the traditional rulers and politicians, but luckily for me, their leader came out and ordered them not to torture me, that I am a decent man.
Negotiations began between my people and the kidnappers which eventually resulted in setting me free after we paid the first and second ransom.
Apart from the police.
Shame on your people that kidnapped you.
Same people you Lord over as their king, came around to bundle and blindfolded you to an u know destination.

All kidnappers and terrorists in this nation (no matter what part of the nation they are from)
will never end well, brutal end is their portion in life,
Including their online supporters and their enablers.
Animals everywhere

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by Zeebuy: 9:36pm On Jan 26
The lies Nigerian security forces dey lie dey fear me

6 Likes

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by bentenny(m): 9:37pm On Jan 26
Busted😄😄

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by BrandingBetter1: 9:37pm On Jan 26
tishbite43:
I just love my tribesmen
No time for rubbish

You want to collect glory not due to you
really

1 Like

Re: Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch by nkemdi89(f): 9:37pm On Jan 26
When he was the chairman traditional ruler Council, he had retinue of security men, he was given that position despite eze ilumuonya tenure hasn't expired. He was rochas right hand man , truly power is transient .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta Nominates Dead Man For Assembly’s Screening / There Might Be No Sound Youth Left When FG Finally Creates Jobs – Sen. Ashafa / Nnamdi Kanu Plans To Escape Through Cameroonian Borders - Arewa Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.