Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu (24063 Views)

Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch / Umahi: Fani-Kayode Is A Liar, He Played No Role In My Defection To APC / CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by NigeriaNawa: 11:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
I hope this is the beginning of the plethora of evidence to prove that the Kenyan presidency and police force were not involved in the abduction of MNK

...Says Kenya played no role in arrest of Kanu to face trial in Nigeria

…Expects FG to handle Kanu’s trial in line with laws and respect to human rights

…Resolves to monitor Kanu’s trial to ensure his rights are not violated

The International Human Rights Commission based in Geneva has admitted receiving no fewer than 25 petitions from individuals and groups worldwide in respect of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, who was recently re-arrested and repatriated to Nigeria to face trial over alleged treasonable felony.

The International human rights body said in a statement dated July 7, 2021 and seen by Vanguard on Monday night that majority of the petitions, which came from Nigeria, urged it to conduct an independent inquiry into human rights violations and possible breaches to established international and regional diplomatic protocols.

The statement which was signed by the IHRC’s Special Envoy for Africa Region, Evans M. Mutavi, and International President for Kenya, said that it accordingly, conducted an independent investigation into the matter and found out that there was no violation of Nnamdi Kanu’s human rights in the events leading to his re-arrest and repatriation to Nigeria.

“The IHRC is committed to safeguarding the rights of citizens across the globe in line with the organization’s core mandate,” the agency said.

“The commission upon investigation is unable to establish a case of human rights violation of Nnamdi Kanu in Kenya by the special Police Forces

“The Commission is convinced that the Kenyan Government played no official role in the event that led to Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest.

“The Commission expects the Nigerian Government to follow up the trial of Nnamdi Kanu in line with the country’s laws and respect to human rights.

“The commission has resolved to monitor the trial of Nnamdi Kanu to ensure his human rights are not violated by the Nigerian Government,” the IHRC stated.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/ihrc-receives-25-petitions-in-support-of-nnamdi-kanu/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by OBALOLA55(m): 11:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
WHAT DID I JUST READ shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

IT IS FINISHED!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by chiiraq802(m): 11:54pm On Jul 12, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu and Kenya brouhaha again

make una kukuma change the platform to Kenyaland, make
man pikin rest.

12 Likes

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by NigeriaNawa: 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2021
OBALOLA55:

WHAT DID I JUST READ shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

IT IS FINISHED!

They have initially concluded that the Government of Kenya was not involved in the kidnap of MNK, which is likely to create serious diplomatic issues in the coming days and weeks.

But the main judgement to look out for is the International criminal court and the British Parliamentary investigations.

Get some popcorn, it’s going to get very interesting cheesy

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by dalongjnr: 12:03am On Jul 13, 2021
Good! Every mallam with his kettle.

4 Likes

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by OBALOLA55(m): 12:06am On Jul 13, 2021
NigeriaNawa:

They have initially concluded that the Government of Kenya was not involved in the kidnap of MNK, which is likely to create serious diplomatic issues in the coming days and weeks.

But the main judgement to look out for is the International criminal court and the British Parliamentary investigations.

ALL OF THEM ARE STILL UNDER DIS UNITED NATION.

FORGET AM BRUH

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 13, 2021
He was abducted by Nigerian government and its agents in Kenya. This is the truth, there was no Interpol involved or any collaboration with any government. Buhari and his people are good kidnappers, that’s what they are doing in the north.

170 Likes 12 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by jlinkd78(m): 12:27am On Jul 13, 2021
Isn't this a confirmation of what we have all known all along that d Fulani with collaboration of corrupt and compromised Kenya security officials possibly without d consent of d Kenyan govt executed extraordinary rendition against a British citizen. Buhari and his minions have shot themselves on their feet and have really brought the country to international ridicule. They linked UK, Interpol and Kenya govt as collaborators to their charade, it turned out all lies. They claimed he was brought in with Nigerian passport but Guardian UK had already confirmed Kanu travelled with a British passport which at d moment is still in Kenya. For MNK to be brought into Nigeria without a passport means they evaded immigration clearance and was done illegally reason why he wasn't detained in any govt holding centre during d 8 days of hostage. Now think on this: If Buhari agents can go to another country and committed such crime which they would have even killed Kanu without trace then it means flooding the East with UGM to carry out criminal activities to demarket IPOB and ESN is very likely.

149 Likes 15 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Abdul05: 12:27am On Jul 13, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 13, 2021
NigeriaNawa:

Sigh....

ICC?

What did ICC do when Kashoogi was murdered? Or what did they do when Alexie Nalvany was poisoned and later arrested?

Hello, Nigeria is a sovereign state and ICC and British parliament are just toothless in affairs. So they ICC or British parliament will order Kanu`s release after been sentence by the Supreme Court of Nigeria? Please wake up to reality.

Even the British are not to b trusted as I personally see all as cosmetic. They have bigger stakes in one Nigeria and will trade Kanu who is just a naturalized citizen under the bus.

Same threat you made about dragging Buhari to ICC, till date, nothing!

ICC has bigger cases and investigations to do than Kanu, who is a nobody in affairs. What diplomatic power or affiliation does he have. He is a sacrificial lamb!

83 Likes 13 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by NigeriaNawa: 12:59am On Jul 13, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Sigh....

ICC?

What did ICC do when Kashoogi was murdered? Or what did they do when Alexie Nalvany was poisoned and later arrested?

Hello, Nigeria is a sovereign state and ICC and British parliament are just toothless in affairs. So they ICC or British parliament will order Kanu`s release after been sentence by the Supreme Court of Nigeria? Please wake up to reality.

Even the British are not to b trusted as I personally see all as cosmetic. They have bigger stakes in one Nigeria and will trade Kanu who is just a naturalized citizen under the bus.

ICC has bigger cases and investigations to do than Kanu, who is a nobody in affairs. What diplomatic power or affiliation does he have. He is a sacrificial lamb!

Wait and see , I can’t reveal too much right now .

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 13, 2021
NigeriaNawa:

Wait and see , I can’t reveal too much right now .

Their is nothing left to see outside a court case. And its impossible for Kanu to escape all charges against him.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by HOVER206: 1:07am On Jul 13, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Sigh....

ICC?

It still surprises me how most of you think that Fg will win.
The Fg will definitely lose all diplomatic protocol was broken

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by SUGARCyprian247: 1:16am On Jul 13, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Sigh....

ICC?

I would have Considered you point that UK is not to be trusted, had it been is 2014 down. UK seems to be losing FG of today to China. UK might make a dramatic move to side the South in the near future.

14 Likes

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by after4: 1:16am On Jul 13, 2021
Why did you omit Al bashar, those prosecuted for crime in Rwanda and other African countries were terrorists like buhari rules, you forget many factors in your analysis. 1. Kashogi and Co involves world power who are not even part of icc, they do not involve a case of secession that can be influenced by other stronger countries, you forgot that icc was instrumental in mounting pressure on Sudan's division. Don't worry, when buhari is sued in icc he shouldn't go to answer them

SARSCoV2:

Sigh....

ICC?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 13, 2021
HOVER206:

It still surprises me how most of you think that Fg will win.
The Fg will definitely lose all diplomatic protocol was broken

Diplomatic protocols with which Nations? Cos of a terrorist?

By same Britain who has Nigeria in its palms due to economic gains. The UK will "NEVER" bring a show down. World politics has been more interesting with alternatives and more vibrant alliances, every nation is holding-on to whats left.

Even if the UK wants to come all out, Will it be because of a naturalized citizen, who dey can withdraw his citizenship at will? A black man for that matter.

Kanu not facing the supreme court is inevitable. Yes! He might get more light sentences, but he wont escape it. It will also be a test of our judiciary and sovereignty. ICC and UK? Height of jokes.

Even the Nigerian embassy was not contacted before Hush poppie was whisked away.

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 13, 2021
after4:
Why did you omit Al bashar, those prosecuted for crime in Rwanda and other African countries were terrorists like buhari rules, you forget many factors in your analysis. 1. Kashogi and Co involves world power who are not even part of icc, they do not involve a case of secession that can be influenced by other stronger countries, you forgot that icc was instrumental in mounting pressure on Sudan's division. Don't worry, when buhari is sued in icc he shouldn't go to answer them

ICC is an international whip for those who fail to listen to their masters. It is a politicized institution. Same Bashar al-Assad of Syria is yet to be prosecuted. Saudi crimes in Yemen is yet to be brought to book, China`s forced labor and killing of Muslims yet to be brought to the table. ICC has been exposed more than ever. Its just a whip that can never be used on Nigeria. We have fathers called the British and Kanu is a nobody to break that accord.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 13, 2021
SUGARCyprian247:

I would have Considered you point that UK is not to be trusted, had it been is 2014 down. UK seems to be losing FG of today to China. UK might make a dramatic move to side the South in the near future.

Possible but the chances are very slim. The south is a divided hole. If you give them power, you cant get a grip of them. So the status quo is more benefitting

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by flamingREED(m): 2:00am On Jul 13, 2021
How about unofficially?
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Racoon(m): 2:06am On Jul 13, 2021
Confirming that the Buhari government truly Abduct Nnamdi Kanu from Kenya soil while claiming interpol collabo? So who is telling the truth here? There is more to this issue than met the eyes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by seborrhic: 2:12am On Jul 13, 2021
Kenya played no role in the abduction of a foreign national from it's soil and yet there was no abuse of his human rights?
I thought it's only in Nigeria illiterates and clown run certain departments and commissions but now I know it's not.
Wouldn't be surprised if this is actually run by a black Kenyan.They are the kind of people that contradict themselves in one single sentence without even realising it.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by nairalandankrah: 3:16am On Jul 13, 2021
You claim they played NO OFFICIAL ROLE

but they played an unofficial ROLE Abi
Continue! We will find out soon

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Commentor: 4:58am On Jul 13, 2021
Rest in peace.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by truthfulparrot(m): 5:10am On Jul 13, 2021
PMB was about to travel to Britain for medical when Kanu was arrested. He immediately Postponed it.
Now that Kanu had been arrested, what is delaying PMB's trip to Britain?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by OneNigerianist: 5:12am On Jul 13, 2021
I know of UNCHR, I know of amnesty international, I know of AUCHR but what is International Commission on Human Rights?
Just saw it's website and it is looking like a Nigerian group.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:24am On Jul 13, 2021
NigeriaNawa:
I hope this is the beginning of the plethora of evidence to prove that the Kenyan presidency and police force were not involved in the abduction of MNK

The statement which was signed by the IHRC’s Special Envoy for Africa Region, Evans M. Mutavi, and International President for Kenya
Are you saying that a president can just come to another country and kidnap anyone Kenyan president is obviously telling liars

Besides if this statement was written by M. Mutavi, " and international president for Kenya" undecided are we expecting a different story

Inviting such a person, then ohaneze ndigbo whom Kanu has NEVER identified with is just like expecting MURIC president Akintola to witness a case between a Christian and a muslim undecided

Your guess is as good as mine!

3 Likes

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by mu2sa2: 5:27am On Jul 13, 2021
Men, you just have to give it to Nigeria's intelligence service. Those guys captured Nnamdi Kanu like a rat, not once but on two different occasions. They could have easily despatched him secretly without trace, but chose to accord him a fair hearing before sending him to God.
May God continue to bless our dear native land of Nigeria and decimate her detractors.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by GreenArrow1(m): 5:29am On Jul 13, 2021
Rights that they have violated tey tey? Lol. They are probably subjecting the criminal to electric brain shock therapy now to make him a healthy vegetable before granting him bail so he can barely string one sentence together, let alone go on one of those incoherent foul -mouthed rants about the causes he claims to pursue.

Or, they may actually play this by the book, convict him on some charges and give him a reasonable jail term. He'll come out and continue to fight for his Biafra.

Any which way, it doesn't affect the fact that I'm going to have a very healthy breakfast this morning and then go about my business.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:36am On Jul 13, 2021
GreenArrow1:
Rights that they have violated tey tey? Lol. They are probably subjecting the criminal to electric brain shock therapy now to make him a healthy vegetable before granting him bail so he can barely string one sentence together, let alone go on one of those incoherent foul -mouthed rants about the causes he claims to pursue.
Thank you for admitting that there will be no fair trial!

Buhari is known for trampling on human rights

Na like this Hitler take start!

This might be Buhari's last mistake before judgement

Go and write it somewhere!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by chrisxxx(m): 6:07am On Jul 13, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Their is nothing left to see outside a court case. And its impossible for Kanu to escape all charges against him.
If the lead judge will not be biased Kanu will come out unscathed. So far as no South West or Southern lawyer will be among the prosecuting team Kanu will meander his way to freedom. Let presidency as usual appoint the prosecuting counsel in same manner they have done with other appointments. Let it be pro-North and see if Kanu defense counsel will not tear FG to shred.
I keep wondering why Kanu was not killed in Kenya or Nigeria. Most likely he was arrested by Southern agents or some close persons to him were those who gave him out and are privy of his whereabouts.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by GreenArrow1(m): 6:08am On Jul 13, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Thank you for admitting that there will be no fair trial!

Buhari is known for trampling on human rights

Na like this Hitler take start!

This might be Buhari's last mistake before judgement

Go and write it somewhere!

I'm a realist. I don't make up fairy tales in my head to make me believe that such a trial would be anywhere near a fair one. You have the a man, who jumped bail (a criminal offence), flouted all of his bail conditions, escaped to another country and started a violent uprising in his region leading to numerous murders. He manages to somehow get captured and his fate is to be decided by the very people with whom there only exists profound mutual hatred, and then you somehow expect a fair trial? Fair trail of Kanu by Buhari? For which dimension?
I believe the only reason his capture was announced was only to gloat over the fact. Else, they'd simply have put a bullet in his skull after extracting necessary information and buried him in a drum filled with wet concrete and be done with it the moment they found him.
I live in Nigeria. Not in Utopia.
No amount of screaming from the UN, FIFA or CAF can get to that man in Aso Rock and his cabal. Him kuku get ear problem before so no joy there.

18 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders / Obanikoro At Aregbesola's 60th Birthday Jumat Service (Photos) / Ekiti APC Guber Primary: Official Results, Oni Pledges To Support The Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.