Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu (8370 Views)

"wake Up, Tackle Insecurity" – Bode George Charges Tinubu / Segun Showunmi Charges Tinubu On Governance, Condemn Attack In Middle Belt / There’s Nothing Wrong If Any Region Wants To Break Away From Nigeria –gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by yemmit90: 10:11am On Jan 27
LordIsaac:
The North are threatened already. We cannot move forward with this current arrangement. We cannot tolerate a mallam or Alhaji in power again. Regionalism is the key!

Exactly, Nigeria will never move forward with this current arrangement, let have 6 regions, if you can't do that, eliminate states and let there be Federal Government and 774 powerful local government administrations. If allocation are coming directly to local governments, there would be tremendous development.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by FamTomx2(m): 10:12am On Jan 27
The word "Restructure" sounds like an exploded grenade to ears of the thieving politicians. angry

4 Likes

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by seunayantokun(m): 10:18am On Jan 27
ambale:
Why do I have the feeling that even if we restructure, with these same sets of politicians we still going nowhere

These guys just want to be feeding fat on the country's resources

Imagine that Lagos alone is doing fine than about 50% states in Nigeria, but all governors and political appointees are living large

If we can be prudent and bring in accountability perhaps we might not really need the restructuring

Please, perish this your thought unless you want the present suffering and retrogression to continue.

3 Likes

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by harjay1986: 10:22am On Jan 27
ambale:
Why do I have the feeling that even if we restructure, with these same sets of politicians we still going nowhere

Imagine that Lagos alone is doing fine than about 50% states in Nigeria, but all governors and political appointees are living large

If we can be prudent and bring in accountability
perhaps we might not really need the restructuring

If we restructure with this crop of politician we have now it be easy for us to move enmass to any politician house and hold them responsible because the federal shield won't be there again

And this time around Wale will not say is because the president is Igbo or Hausa that's why every policy favor one ethnic to others.. if my region is not performing in the area of security I won't be saying is because Chibuzor is the Head of military in my region that's why is allowing such,

I will be able to hold my ethnic man responsible for any negativity in my region with no one calling me Bigot

6 Likes

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by 9jatriot(m): 10:22am On Jan 27
Nothing like the North being threatened. I don't know why you guys always like to disparage the North as if they have nothing. As a matter of fact, restructuring will favor the 3 Northern zones more than certain other zones in the country.
LordIsaac:
The North are threatened already. We cannot move forward with this current arrangement. We cannot tolerate a mallam or Alhaji in power again. Regionalism is the key!

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Apel147(m): 10:24am On Jan 27
I don't understand most of you again, were we not practicing govt of regions before ironsi stopped it and replaced it with this system we are practicing now? Why didn't the military take over then?
Some of you ignorant folks have been fed with lies instead of searching for truth from history!
Confused lot🤣

bigpriik:
impossible!
instead miltary will takeover as the north will never allow such,restructuring is just like semi-seccesion

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Tzar(m): 10:24am On Jan 27
I don’t understand how Tinubu will be fighting for restructuring for decades and now that he is at the helms of affairs he isn’t doing anything constitutionally about it. This is what I hate about Nigerians! HYPOCRISY!

3 Likes

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by ChiefOkporghe: 10:26am On Jan 27
Ttalk:
The North started restructuring by introducing another constitution. They say it is their right to have sharia in a Federation and a Southern president granted them their wish.

Now the South is yearning for fiscal autonomy and devolution of power. Let any man prove that Is against the constitution in a federalism.

The truth is that Nigeria has lied so much to itself without success, not it is the right time to take the bitter pill. Nigeria must be restructured whether the North likes it or not.

The unity that accommodates Sharia should also accommodate regional autonomy, which was the basic foundation of this country, let no man deny it
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:27am On Jan 27
This country was operating as a federation until that demon Agui Ironsi the power drunk bastard came in

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:31am On Jan 27
ambale:

If we can be prudent and bring in accountability perhaps we might not really need the restructuring

So we should not restructure? Is it not easier to hold your Governor more responsible than the man in asorock?
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:37am On Jan 27
lexxwiz:
Even the blind can see that this is the only viable way for Nigeria to get out of this mess. Everyone fend for yourself! This will encourage a lot of investments and Govt would have no option but to think of how to drive its state to generate funds. In no time, jobs would be flowing everywhere or hunger would bite very well. I just Dey explain for people wey no really understand advantages of restructuring.
And it`ll also curb the spate of insecurity in the north because the pple sponsoring it will no longer see free oil money like b4

4 Likes

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Faceonme1443: 10:49am On Jan 27
So, Tinubu should restructure Nigeria in just 7 months that he became The President of Nigeria.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Umuinyioku: 10:51am On Jan 27
bigpriik:
impossible!
instead miltary will takeover as the north will never allow such,restructuring is just like semi-seccesion
Which military?

I think you're living in the past. The military is polarised along ethnic and religious lines. No more unity or esprit de corps. More so, the military or Army is in the hands of Yoruba, who are the ruling class.

So,which military to takeover
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by skj1377(m): 10:54am On Jan 27
Tinubu should implement the report now so before his tenure ends things will take shape.

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Umuinyioku: 10:55am On Jan 27
Bebigiby1:
Well said…

Nigeria's root problem is foundational. Due to the demographics, unfortunately we are people who uphold our ethnic, tribal and religious affinities above national identity and ideologies. If nothing else proves my assertion I believe the sentimental support of the Yorubas to validate illegality by pushing a dubious character like Tinubu as President, the lingering injustice on Nnamdi Kanu by government disobeying court orders, Biafra agitation, Niger delta agitation and the Fulani herdsmen bloody pogrom validates it. What we need is justice for the country to heal there so much oppression and injustice in Nigeria. I strongly feel that we can achieve this through restructuring.

For peace to reign and to foster prosperity, we need a new decentralized system of government. I hope and wish that Nigerians will push for restructuring instead of waiting for 2027 to participate in another rigged election that will bring back our oppressors….. Time is running out for Nigeria…..

True talk brother. Well said. On point.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by PHAYOL81: 10:56am On Jan 27
Seconded

SoNature:

Stop heaping all the blames on the north all the time. Tinubu is the president and APC holds the majority of both houses.

If Tinubu is ready to implement the El-Rufai report on restructuring, it will certainly enjoy a bi-partisan backing because this is something the South South states (who have mostly PDP representatives) have always wanted.

Why must it be the EL Rufai's recommended type of restructuring?Why not the one that will bear consultations from across all regions of the federation with rules and regulations that everyone would agreed to abide and be governed with? IF we must move into restructuring, all regions opinions count and where there's/are disagreement(s), we can then throw it open for the masses to decide at the ballot . But one mistake we mustn't do is to subject the fate of each federating region to the decision of someone who don't even understand their plight and need as a different tribe, clan or people.

4 Likes

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by anungangampu: 11:02am On Jan 27
DMerciful:
Tinubu has been shouting restructuring since the 1990s. In fact, he had problem with Obj because he wanted to restructure Lagos local govt but Obj refused.

So why has Tinubu kept mum now that he is in a position to do what he has been shouting for ages? Was it all pretense as a negotiating tool?
This is the post I am looking for. Tinubu only solution to Nigerian issues has been Restructuring, I learnt about it from him but I am surprised this is the only word he totally wiped out of dictionary during election and after election.
I think I understood that the word Restructuring have different meaning to different people in the country and to some extent means extinction to some other group.

If there is a President that began his mission on restructuring, I would say Tinubu is the man, but I guess from what I have seen nowadays, the problem with restructuring is like same with all Nigeria issues since 1961, the powerful federal might is like the hobbit ring, - " too addictive to think sideways"

2 Likes

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Warlord2014(m): 11:14am On Jan 27
This country na joke.
Make una just change una national anthem to restructure.
I kept hearing this everyday, and it's too funny to me
Every government that comes in has used the restructure anthem to masturbate yet they have still not ejaculated
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by zionzoe(m): 11:15am On Jan 27
Ttalk:
The North started restructuring by introducing another constitution. They say it is their right to have sharia in a Federation and a Southern president granted them their wish.

Now the South is yearning for fiscal autonomy and devolution of power. Let any man prove that Is against the constitution in a federalism.

The truth is that Nigeria has lied so much to itself without success, not it is the right time to take the bitter pill. Nigeria must be restructured whether the North likes it or not.

The unity that accommodates Sharia should also accommodate regional autonomy, which was the basic foundation of this country, let no man deny it
Look at how Sharia that they intended to use to eliminate non mudslimes have ended up destroying their people, making them terrorist.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by soccerlite: 11:16am On Jan 27
tinubu apostle of federalism 🤣

How

There's nothing that show tinubu has apostle of federalism

After removing subsidy and liberalisation of dollar rate I expected to hear state police, state government should make vehicle licence, state should determine minimum wage, allow state collect VAT etc

Oga increased ministry, stated sharing voodoo rice, money accrued from subsidy started sharing it to govs

Oga increased the yoke innocent nigerians are to bear and started silver tonguing dem

tinubu is apostle of destruction

2 Likes

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by flokii: 11:20am On Jan 27
A restructured Nigeria is the way forward.. let's have autonomous regions that'll have say over their resources and policing system, while the centre can control Military and international relations just like it's done in developed countries.

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by soccerlite: 11:22am On Jan 27
anungangampu:

This is the post I am looking for. Tinubu only solution to Nigerian issues has been Restructuring, I learnt about it from him but I am surprised this is the only word he totally wiped out of dictionary during election and after election.
I think I understood that the word Restructuring have different meaning to different people in the country and to some extent means extinction to some other group.

If there is a President that began his mission on restructuring, I would Tinubu is the man, but I guess from what I have seen nowadays,
The problem with restructuring is like same with all Nigeria issues since 1961, the powerful federal might is like the hobbit ring, - " too addictive to think sideways"

It's only ridiculous folks that will say restructuring mean different thing

How can this same method of governance used when we were 20m work when we are above 200m

Haba

Even unemployment can only be resolved by Restructuring

What's the reason FG will say they are planting wheat, is it for the Nigerians or who

Now no state that electricity and portable water is available all because of FG at centre

Well

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by shotuns: 11:39am On Jan 27
Nigeria can never be restructured, Nothern cabals will never accept, we've experience something similar if not actual restructuring in 60/70's when regional government were allowed until military took overpower and regional government was abolished. Gani Adams is a coward feeding on the FG too, he will never solicit for independence of his tribe he was made to protect, terrible atrocities going on in his backyard and he can't do anything.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 11:45am On Jan 27
bigpriik:
impossible!
simply because it doesn't favors them set of parasites!!!
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 11:46am On Jan 27
FamTomx2:
The word "Restructure" sounds like an exploded grenade to ears of the thieving politicians. angry
LoL

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Kincoco111: 11:48am On Jan 27
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Yestogood: 11:49am On Jan 27
LordIsaac:

Shebi Tinubu is alhaji? Is this no longer a muslim- muslim Presidency?
We lie to ourselves and we're selfish. That's Nigeria's problem.
Buhari was leading us down the path to annihilation, our darling daddy and Co were praising him to the highest heavens. He instituted free passage for boko haram and assorted northern terrorists, engaged in several unconstitutional acts, nothing was said. Even Soyinka was cowed into submission.
Our democracy is weak. The constitution is subservient to powerful people.
Until another Buhari is unable to turn Nigeria into a graveyard for Nigerians, we will not see respite. Until Tinubu is unable to buy himself into the highest office in the land, we won't see respite.
It shouldn't matter what region, religion or party one is from.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Inspirer1: 11:52am On Jan 27
Morphinne:

While struggling for the actualization of this regional government system and while condemning the north for not wanting to see that happen, let’s also curse the mumu Igbo man (Aguiyi Ironsi) who scrapped the system for his selfish, tribalist interests. Nigeria would have been much more prosperous and happier if he hadn’t taken that disastrous selfish decision. Las las, na ibo put us for this mess yet they are the ones crying for devolution of power now undecided
I wish Ironsi had not undecided perhaps Nigeria would have been way better than it is

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Kincoco111: 11:55am On Jan 27
Simple, I don talkam before. But our brothers from the North and many from South West no go gree.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by ambale(m): 12:09pm On Jan 27
Akwamkpuruamu:

So we should not restructure? Is it not easier to hold your Governor more responsible than the man in Aso rock?

Read carefully, our issue is we have too many lazy people venturing into power,

That's a bigger problem than restructuring, we have leaders who simply don't want to be accountable to no one

How does restructuring change that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? / Bayelsa Govt Owns Terrorists’ Lagos Hideout, Says Monarch / Photos From Rochas Okorocha's Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.