Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says (24415 Views)

Dangote Says His Ex-Girlfriend Tried To Extort $5 Million From Him / Edo 2020: Dangote Says He Did Not Endorse Any Candidate / MURIC Reacts To Attempt To Bomb Living Faith Church, Mocks CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by bluecircle470: 5:33am On Jan 27
The President/Chief Executive of Dangote Industries Limited, Aliko Dangote, has said that his friend and billionaire businessman, Femi Otedola, is welcome to attempt a corporate takeover of Dangote Cement.

Dangote said this on Friday at the Dangote Cement customers appreciation event in Lagos.

While introducing some dignitaries at the event, he mentioned Otedola, saying, “We must also welcome our newest shareholder, Femi Otedola.

“There are people who fear that he is going to do the same thing he did at Transcorp; I say he’s welcome.”

On Monday, Otedola, in a statement confirmed his “significant acquisition of shares in Dangote Cement,” saying that the “strategic investment underscores his confidence in Dangote Cement’s potential to generate foreign exchange for the country and his dedication to supporting businesses that contribute to Nigeria’s economic resilience.

“Dangote Cement’s unique position with two export terminals offers a substantial opportunity to earn foreign exchange, crucial for Nigeria’s economy. This, along with the company’s pan-African presence, makes it an ideal investment choice,” said Otedola.

In April 2023, Otedola acquired a 5.52 per cent stake in Transcorp Plc, making him the second largest shareholder of the company. He was next to United Bank for Africa nominees, which owned about 9.25 per cent of the company as of December 2022.

Confirming the deal in a tweet, Otedola said, “Following this acquisition, I look forward to working with the board and management of Transcorp to realise the amazing future potential of the corporation.”

At first, it had looked like a welcome development, as both the Chairman of Transcorp, Tony Elumelu, and the firm issued public statements saying the interests in the company showed its value proposition.

However, the positive tone to the acquisition soon changed as Otedola sold the shares he bought.

In a statement, he said that his offer to buy Transcorp for N250bn was rejected. Otedola revealed that he bought the shares of the organisation because he believed in the potential of the Group to hit N2tn in valuation.

“As a businessman, I believe in healthy competition and market dynamics. Two captains cannot man a ship, and I respect the majority shareholder’s decision to buy me out. This is the nature of the game,” he said.

During the week, Dangote Cement became the first listed company to cross N10tn in market capitalisation.

It closed trading Friday at N11. 827tn with a unit of its securities priced N694.1 each.

Aliko Dangote controls about 85 per cent of Dangote Cement.
https://punchng.com/billionaires-banter-otedola-welcome-to-attempt-corporate-takeover-dangote-says/?amp

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by okomile(f): 5:46am On Jan 27
Make dem dey catch cruise on top of dem money.

Ebi n paawa ooooo
grin

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by Missgreg0: 6:10am On Jan 27
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by LEARNPYTHON(m): 6:19am On Jan 27
I love this kind of banter o grin. Waiting for Otedola's comeback

I TEACH PYTHON PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE 👇

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by maclatunji: 6:25am On Jan 27
It is practically impossible to takeover Dangote's companies because you can't even get access to the 'majority shareholder' in them unless he decides to sell them himself.

The capital and money markets are the places that Nigerian billionaires play their Wealth Games. I am now convinced that for majority of us seeking better financial status, we have to also learn the dynamics of these markets and choose investments that reflect our values and risk appetite.

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by Raxxye(m): 6:43am On Jan 27
Big boys; talking in billions and trillions!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by APCREP: 6:43am On Jan 27
Gh

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by HeadNigga: 6:43am On Jan 27
It is possible...money comes and goes

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:43am On Jan 27
The supremacy battle of the billionaires!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by mrrandomguy: 6:48am On Jan 27
"Ote$ with the money.💵"
Money is good...
It will be a disaster to suffer in Nigeria and still end up in hell fire. Surrender your life to Jesus.
PICK UP A BIBLE AND READ THIS MORNING.

9 Likes

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by Yabsun(m): 6:48am On Jan 27
That’s not even my concern. A wrap of Fufu is now N150 in my area here in Lagos. Fufu kolobe. I warned my tribe men during election but dem no dey hear word😟

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by Ijoba85: 6:48am On Jan 27
We making this money together ajeh

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by free2ryhme: 6:52am On Jan 27
bluecircle470:

https://punchng.com/billionaires-banter-otedola-welcome-to-attempt-corporate-takeover-dangote-says/?amp

See wetin people wey get money dont know wetin to do with it but rather catch cruise with their wealth
Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by nnewsnjobs: 6:54am On Jan 27
How is that even possible.
When Dangote alone is holding 85% share, even if Otodola moop up all the remaining 15% shares, Dangote 85% share is still by far higher than his.
So the take over discussion doesn't even come here at all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by Babangidapikin: 6:55am On Jan 27
Oga Femi you don't need all that stress o ... they many sectors needing money o .....but you have my blessing take over and seat on the board BUA -- HAHA , may be he would stop stressing his senior brother and see him as a true friend , who is only doing business . Even though na Joke ..we all know words have powers ...
Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by BALLOSKI: 6:55am On Jan 27
The good thing about these billionaires is, they don't talk too much, they just act.

If you want to get there, don't talk, just act.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by BALLOSKI: 6:55am On Jan 27
nnewsnjobs:
How is that even possible.
When Dangote alone is holding 85% share, even if Otodola moop up all the remaining 15% shares, Dangote 85% share is still by far higher than his.
So the take over discussion doesn't even come here at all.
He's joking.

3 Likes

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by phoneport(m): 6:59am On Jan 27
QUESTION
How do I buy Dangote's cement shares?

3 Likes

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by Obakoolex(m): 7:00am On Jan 27
Doings
Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by Obakoolex(m): 7:01am On Jan 27
Yabsun:
That’s not even my concern. A wrap of Fufu is now N150 in my area here in Lagos. Fufu kolobe. I warned my tribe men during election but dem no dey hear word😟
Man shall not live by fufu alone grin

15 Likes

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by jojothaiv(m): 7:07am On Jan 27
Lol!

I hope we can also throw healthy bants among ourselves regardless of our status.
Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by darlingjude7: 7:11am On Jan 27
Money is good oh

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by datola: 7:14am On Jan 27
I like Otedola.

He' s our coolest billionaire who knows how best to send money messsge.

7 Likes

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by Zanzibar1: 7:16am On Jan 27
datola:
I like Otedola
it takes alot to be a successful business man in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by MrDoGood(m): 7:16am On Jan 27
How do I buy dangote shares for my kids ?
Re: Billionaires Banter: Otedola Welcome To Attempt Corporate Takeover, Dangote Says by LillyandDaisy: 7:17am On Jan 27
See big Boys play….

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Ewuare, Edo Chiefs Visit Presidential Villa Over Oshiomhole, Obaseki Crisis / Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy / Dancing Senator Adeleke 'Stages Performance' At A Party Function (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.