Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers (16942 Views)

Top 3 Tinubu's Ministers Who Are Best Fit For Their Portfolios? / President Tinubu's Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) / Buhari Lines Up Heavyweights To Battle PDP In South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by BABANGBALI: 10:33am On Jan 27
Yinmu! Una just dey deceive una self
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by metaluterus(f): 10:39am On Jan 27
Khyrvxjzy:

ipob
idiot
you dont know anything about government and you ask
the official are existing official
people audit so this wont be different
You must be ban, now
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by Bobloco: 10:51am On Jan 27
Coolestguy2023:

It is only you and your delusional kinsmen that are blind to the transformation going on under the present administration because of your hate, bitterness and jealousy. I don't rate you people and i don't value you people because from day 1 of the present government, you people wish PBAT fails so that you can say "yes we told them" behaving like witches

The economy has rated you appropriately

We are already seeing the "transformation"

We saw you screaming “ebi n Pa wa o” at his convoy recently
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by eneyoduke(m): 11:10am On Jan 27
More Bribery for the officials and more hardship for the masses. Another way of cash 💸 out for APC
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by TOMMYS: 11:13am On Jan 27
Please enough of all this wayo. So you are saying 140 Nigerian referees are to officiate football matches world wide simultaneously. And you expect the home team to lose. How?. This 140 persons go collect bribe.
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by CSTRR: 11:15am On Jan 27
140 people that would also need to be paid.

Well-done, squander.
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by Basicend: 11:16am On Jan 27
A dollar is now almost N1,500 and we say we have someone administering the affairs of a nation.

Is that not madness?

Not even up to one year of assuming office.

A lot of people here don't understand the implications of the these things that is why they are silent now. . Don't worry, you will see the multiplier effect in the cost of things in the next few days/ weeks.

Hmm. Pure madness.
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by Josegun(m): 12:02pm On Jan 27
Agboriotejoye:
1. Minister for Petroleum should go for missing the PH refinery deadline and also for Dangote refinery yet to come on stream by end of January.

2. Minister of FCT should go for overheating the polity and playing crude politics while Abuja was being ravaged by kidnappers

3. Minister of Sports should go for demoralising the eagles by claiming the president is not impressed by the fact that they qualified out of the group.

4. Minister of Finance should go for his mismanagement of our fiscal policies. The budget deficit has widened and the supplementary budget was badly implemented. Also, his claim of "No More Loan" has turned out to be a lie with another $1.9bn reportedly being sourced after $800m and $3.3bn in less than a year. At this rate, Buhari will look like shylock compared to prodigal Tinubu.

5. Minister of Power for experiencing grid collapses 3 times since this administration took office. The former Minister managed to stem that tide till this dude arrived.

6. Minister for Defence. I don't think much needs to be said here. Kaduna bomb blast and Plateau attacks need no introduction.

7. Minister for Mines for the Ibadan explosion. No illegal miners. Just weak regulations which led to loss of lives and propertiesin the heart of a major city.

8. Minister for Aviation for Abuja Airport escalator not working for 3 months while he's busy doing social media owambes

9. Ministers for Creative Arts, Transport, Marine and Blue Economy, Steel. What are they doing anyway?

Feel free to add yours
This guy have said nothing wrong here, I wonder why the attacks.
People should be held accountable for their actions.
Though I disagree with 2 and 3 anyway, but cant rubbish other points.
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by Anatolia: 12:10pm On Jan 27
Who will assess his failure? The grounds on which they allowed the naira to float is no longer tenable as there is still a huge difference between the parallel and official market.
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by zionstaar75: 12:15pm On Jan 27
Bobloco:
It has been a disaster all through.

If any minister will be sacked for non-performance, Tinubu himself should be sacked as well for bestowing on this nation this great tinubulation that has befallen it.
when a fool is talking it never makes sense
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by Bobloco: 12:15pm On Jan 27
zionstaar75:
when a fool is talking it never makes sense

Your foolery is legendary
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by cijiy: 12:21pm On Jan 27
Each to collect how much🤔🤔
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by ninetiethcrown7(m): 12:22pm On Jan 27
metaluterus:
Cut down cost of governance na

140 officials? Thats wasting resources already scarce

Why is this government like this?

There are 47 ministers, that’s about 3 people per ministry.

If the number isn’t this much, the assessment would take forever

Its Robbing the economy to pay a few loyalist
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by zionstaar75: 12:26pm On Jan 27
Basicend:
A dollar is now almost N1,500 and we say we have someone administering the affairs of a nation.

Is that not madness?

A lot of people here don't understand the implications of the these things that is why they are silent now. . Don't worry, you will see the multiplier effect in the cost of things in the next few days/ weeks.

Hmm. Pure madness.

even people that have not seen a dollar this year are still shouting. I'm living very well and I have no interaction with the dollar so why the noise?have you heard dangote or otedola or elumelu complaining about the dollar?only poor people do.i don drink quaker oats with moinmoin and milk this morning, my store is full of food, both my ⛏ are full of money ,money dey my account. Abeg wetin concern me with dollar ,I have everything I want till at least end of February and surely money will still come in before then
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by commoditiesnig: 12:45pm On Jan 27
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by Basicend: 12:46pm On Jan 27
zionstaar75:
even people that have not seen a dollar this year are still shouting. I'm living very well and I have no interaction with the dollar so why the noise?have you heard dangote or otedola or elumelu complaining about the dollar?only poor people do.i don drink quaker oats with moinmoin and milk this morning, my store is full of food, both my ⛏ are full of money ,money dey my account. Abeg wetin concern me with dollar ,I have everything I want till at least end of February and surely money will still come in before then

From your sentence construction, logic, reasoning and I can infer your measure of exposure and capacity.

Definitely, you are one of problems of this country with your self-centeredness and hollow view.

By time reality hits your lot, your brain will reset properly.

1 Like

Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by nigmarelli(m): 12:59pm On Jan 27
emkz:

https://punchng.com/fg-lines-up-140-officials-to-assess-tinubus-ministers/?amp

The populace should be the ones doing the assessment via a referendum or something not government appointing officials from their own selves to do it. What's even wrong with Most Nigerians sef! Na wa o!
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by COMPAQ(m): 1:01pm On Jan 27
emkz:

https://punchng.com/fg-lines-up-140-officials-to-assess-tinubus-ministers/?amp

So civil servants will assess Ministers??

If they are serious, it should be a mix of civil servants, organized private sector, journalists, students in tertiary institutions,
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by oyinmykel: 1:16pm On Jan 27
metaluterus:

Read the body and not just the headline. The 140 people are all civil servants. Perm secs of each ministry and some directors. 4 people from each of there 35 ministries

1 Like

Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by Luckysbab: 1:18pm On Jan 27
metaluterus:

From what we read, they are already within the system. It's not outside appointments. I don't think much expenses should be incurred, save for petty running costs. That will then come down to cost-benefit analysis.
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by Olaideolayemi(m): 2:42pm On Jan 27
This is just rubbish.. peoples to evaluate ministry, department, agencies and the government as a whole,not politician or some official..
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by Lanruze: 3:00pm On Jan 27
Dear Hajiya Bala Usman , -The senior special assistant to the President on policy coordination (SSA-Policy Coordination)

Kindly don't get over-excited with the new role of a " class-captain" you have been nominated for in such a hurry for the following reasons as your proposal of engaging one hundred and forty (140) personel to assess the performance of Forty Seven (47) Ministers with MDAs clearly shows you a foundational issue and the following facts listed below;

1, Your principal- PBATs policy on PMS subsidy removal and FX unification were policies introduced before ministerial nomination.

Note that both policies brought the nation to it's knees totally. No Minister could ever perform magic within the so called review period ( Excluding Hon. Tunji-Ojo of the Interior Ministry).

2, KPIs, deliverables , assessments and dashboard performances are to measure productivity of employees and it is done regularly in the private sector. It is a fully automated work flow and it's fool-proof. The Job of Hajiya Hadiza would be better if it's outsourced to a reputable HR firm which will be more authentic ,objective and provide more detailed analysis on the performance outcomes than a Government agency.
Technology will reduce overhead cost of personnel.

3, The Financial budget for MDAs in the fisical year 2024 can never be used as benchmark. Nigeria is an import dependent nation currently with the third (3rd) worse currency in the world behind the Argentinan peso and Lebanon currency. Most contracts were prepared with a Benchmark price of N800-$1 whilst FX rates continues to propel price inflation to an all- time high of over 30%.

4, Automation of the performance management process for the SSA-Policy coordination wiill have only boxes to be ticked by Civil Servants (P.S to Directors) & feedback from citizens who enjoy such service. Touch points in informal places e.g Airports, Customs, NRC,Govt Hospitals, passport offices, Food Agencies etc will be presented to Nigerians for direct feedback.

5, In practicality, of ALL ministers and public servants sworn-in by PBAT only the Minister of Interior, Minister of Works and the embattled FCCPC CEO have obvious achievements. Other public officers need to be encouraged.

6, In a broader perspective, The FG led by PBAT should also be assessed objectively: Food prices, Multi- dimensional excruciating poverty, power supply glut, insecurity, corruption, the worst FX regime in Nigerian history, Manufacturing sector collapse etc.
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by CHAQUR: 5:08pm On Jan 27
Governance of just talk about "WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR" but don't do it.
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by rotadeco27: 7:44pm On Jan 27
DMerciful:
What is wrong with you guys?

You're celebrating activities instead of results
Actions brings results. You people should at least appreciate good initiative to make things work.In the developed countries, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is the key too for check matting institutions and that is why standard and quality control are being maintained
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by DMerciful(m): 7:51pm On Jan 27
You said these things during Bubu's era. You are repeating exactly same thing while the criminal drug baron, certificate forger and mandate thief waste the country
rotadeco27:

Actions brings results. You people should at least appreciate good initiative to make things work.In the developed countries, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is the key too for check matting institutions and that is why standard and quality control are being maintained
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by rotadeco27: 7:53pm On Jan 27
Basicend:

Is that not madness?

Hmm. Pure madness.

Oga blame that on Buhari and Emefiele , no country can survive economically with the havoc those guys caused to the currency. He was printing naira without regulations, given dollars to his cohorts at official rate , to sell at black market rate and pay back in naira. The injury caused to the currency is what is showing now, it will definitely take some time for the naira to heal with a definite scar . No one could have done any better except he or she wants to continue the Emefiele way and it will definitely get to the dead end where it would be unsustainable.
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by rotadeco27: 8:04pm On Jan 27
DMerciful:
You said these things during Bubu's era. You are repeating exactly same thing while the criminal drug baron, certificate forger and mandate thief waste the country
If you ask me , I was one of the stunt oppositions to his ambition, though not obidient nor Atikulator, just want a country we could all be proud of. But he is the president now , if we actually love this country, the only thing to to is to keep agitating for good governance. He has brought up a good initiative by evaluating his ministers periodically, I think it is a right step in the right direction. If you have ever gone to some of those ministries, it is shocking the level of unproductivity going on their , some won't come to work , those ones that come occasionally will leave you seated and be gisting. If this 140 will do their job well , it will make over 1400 to swing into productive endeavors thus the end result is a win for Nigerians as a whole
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by DMerciful(m): 8:09pm On Jan 27
Tinubu cannot give what he doesn't have
rotadeco27:

If you ask me , I was one of the stunt oppositions to his ambition, though not obidient nor Atikulator, just want a country we could all be proud of. But he is the president now , if we actually love this country, the only thing to to is to keep agitating for good governance. He has brought up a good initiative by evaluating his ministers periodically, I think it is a right step in the right direction. If you have ever gone to some of those ministries, it is shocking the level of unproductivity going on their , some won't come to work , those ones that come occasionally will leave you seated and be gisting. If this 140 will do their job well , it will make over 1400 to swing into productive endeavors thus the end result is a win for Nigerians as a whole
Re: FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers by Bimpe29: 8:58pm On Jan 27
Performance management is a cardinal point of a good governance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Didn’t Storm Out Of South West Leaders Meeting – Fayemi / Akpabio: PDP Senators Begin Search For Replacement / PDP Will Be Defeated On Saturday - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.