Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,824 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 - Sports (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 (141130 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 / Cape Verde Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 Quarter-Finals (1 - 2)pen On 3rd Feb 2024 / Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 8:49am On Feb 03
IkeOnyia:
Ahmed Musa would be a more effective striker than Osimen. They have used hyping to finish Osimen. Congrats to the team.
Yea, he'll be a more effective defender than Ekong too. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 8:50am On Feb 03
Wotowotoman:
Why coach dey leave Kelechi for bench and bring this big for nothing Paul to replace Osimen? πŸ€”
Iheanacho is better as an attacking midfielder/supporting striker. Onuachu only comes in to help us wastes the time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:52am On Feb 03
Dybala11:

Wetin dis one dey talk?
Don't mind him
I have always known Lookman to be a very skillful player since his days at Leipzig. He is even an under-20 world cup winner while with England
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 8:53am On Feb 03
Wotowotoman:

When was he tested? undecided
He saved all of Angola's shot on target while you're asking when he was tested. Were you watching the back of the TV when he made about two crucial saves in last night's match??

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 8:54am On Feb 03
ndidibabe:
A joke of a team. Just grinding out result without a pattern of play. Also, how is Osimhen the best in Africa when he is 1/3 of Salah? The guy is very average.
Are you done bleating?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 8:56am On Feb 03
denzel231:
Nigeria should stop playing this delay tactics when winning..una dn too big pass that style... play the ball and kick it around ..all this delay tactics can hook ur neck o . Anyway congratulations
Every team literally play delay tactics in a situation like that. Remember City against Atletico Madrid in last season's UCL?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 8:58am On Feb 03
Forumites:
I swear. See make I tell you this country too sweet. Our politicians are just the problem. If not there’s no need to be having tribal and religious quarrel.
We the citizens also have a big problem. We're a reflection of our leaders.
Why do you think that an average Nigerian is considered or seen as corrupt abroad, you think it's our leaders that are engaging in cultism and other evil practices in the U.A.E and elsewhere??
Or you think that it's our politicians that are caught trafficking drugs abroad??
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:03am On Feb 03
SGANIVA:
Nigeria shows superiority in quality of players , but this coach is no tacticians as we thought.nigerian team and Angolans are playing same pattern,same formation , experience and individual qualities won us the game ,any team that will win Nigeria will surfer, Nigeria got quality players mennnnn
You don't know anything, ajeh.
The coach actually sets up his team to force the opponent to play their own game. Angola plays fast football, we reduced their effectiveness by slowing pace football from time to time in last night's match. The funniest thing is that when our attackers get into certain positions then they switch to high intensity/fast game.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Emman08: 9:04am On Feb 03
AkinPhysicist:

Ghana that was knocked out by conceding 2 goals after the 90 mins mark?

That Ghana? Ghana has NO STANDING to troll ANYBODY on football for the next 20 years.

Absolutely but na person wey win dey celebrate. We should have won the trophy before getting on Ghana's case cos at the end of the day there's only the champion and everyone else.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:06am On Feb 03
Gbest90:
Great win today.

If Nigeria eventually win this tournament. Then it's all thanks to our Defense honestly.

That backline has been really Brilliant so far.
Yes, also the attackers are helping a lot defensively too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Emman08: 9:08am On Feb 03
khattab02:
That na their headache oo

How Dem wan explain 2 back to back group stage exit.

Without a win or 1 win in about 12 Afcon matches.

And last won the Afcon since Abedi Pele

Their case bad. We're way ahead of them now. but we for win am first. At the end of the day I going far into the tournament don't matter if you don't win the trophy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:09am On Feb 03
Akinpresident:

That's my position too.
He's tactless and should be dismissed regardless of the outcome of the tournament.
Eguavoen the tactician was the one in charge of the team when we got eliminated in the round of 16 match in the last AFCON tournament and also failed to qualify for the last world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:10am On Feb 03
Ohraykon:
Angola played better we will be back better next time!!! Super chickens boooooooooo πŸ’”
It's like you've dedicated yourself to a lifetime of heartbreak and bitterness. May you find the healing your soul need. Ghana must go!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by chinchum(m): 9:10am On Feb 03
magzey:
please somebody should call and tell Nigerian coach Pasero to stop fielding IWOBI in the starting XI he seems to have forgotten how to play football,Nigeria was lucky not to concede a goal when Iwobi dash Angola ball in our final third my BP don shoot up at that moment grin grin cry
he also "dropped the ball" when we conceded against Equatorial Guinea.

I believe Iwobi's commitment is less than 100%. He fails to mark or commit his legs when it matters. He is about the only starting 11in SE that has failed to get the memo of a defensive tactical discipline
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:13am On Feb 03
ArchEnemy:

That is the funny thing
Even if playing at Backyard FC, historically Ahmed is one of our best finishers
That doesn't make him a striker, and that doesn't make him preferable to Osimhen as a striker.
By the way, he's not in the list of our best finishers. That statement is only a figment of your imagination.
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:14am On Feb 03
DavSagacity:

Honestly. Conceding only 2 goal in 5 matches so far
1 goal na. Abi when did the super Eagles concede a second goal in this ongoing AFCON tournament?
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:15am On Feb 03
esemes256:
If say Nigeria dey effective for attack, this match suppose end 3 nil.
True, even then the boys still did well. They defend as a unit.
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:16am On Feb 03
MrBONE2:

The Bafana Bafana Team of South Wakanda Land are coming for you Eagles grin
True to your moniker, you're only made of bones and nothing else Mr Bone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:24am On Feb 03
Danisaint112:
People were complaining Nigeria ain't playing well and that Angola would do us dirty.

I'm not disputing the fact that we ain't playing as required but I keep telling them that no matter how swift and tactical the team is Nigeria style of play will always slow them down.

See how we made Angola look ordinary. A whole 90+ minutes they weren't able to score a goal. I mean considering what we have seen them do to other teams.

Abeg give the eagles and the coach some accolades.
Except in their first match where they scored one goal, Angola has scored 3 goals in each of their last three games. Some thought it was only because of luck that they didn't repeat that feat against the Super Eagles of Nigeria. Some people thought it's only because of luck that the Super Eagles have conceded not more than one goal since the tournament started.
These guys literally defend as a unit, even if they haven't scored more than 6 goals in 5 matches so far. Angola scored 7 goals in their group stage matches alone, that's one than the Eagles have scored in all their matches combined so far in the tournament. That's called efficiency. The Eagles are beatable no doubt, but any team that will beat them have a very difficult job at hand looking at the way the team is playing and being set up.
We always score in every matches, yet we rarely concede. The trophy is ours for the taking if we can keep up this performance.
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by KingDash09(m): 9:26am On Feb 03
Baba na the guy first insult me ni
Baba see wetin Angola play us na
Make una talk truth this team is below average and a shame cause most of them dey play for big clubs

The defense is good but the midfield is dead
Anyhow sha up super eagles
Dybala11:

Why will you now curse someone then?
Nigeria no dey comot till the end of this AFCON tournament, we still have two more matches to go. The team is doing well, the players are working hard. It was a hard-fought victory last night, luck wasn't what gave us the victory.
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by ruggedtimi(m): 9:28am On Feb 03
SGANIVA:
The couch is not doing enough, this angolans team will easily win Nigeria if the got experience quality players like Nigerians.there attack is always dangerous but always flop at the final third.a four midfielders and two strikers 8 and 9 in 442 formation will easily disorganize the Angolans team,like anceloti
is like you saying if luton had pep with man city players
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:32am On Feb 03
AuthorMan:

Thats the truth.
I was with some Ibo guys and they were talking bad about a certain part of Iboland. Mbaise people.

I tire for these guys
How about their treatment of Ebonyi people who are their fellow Igbos.
I agree that the Igbos are wonderful people, but every tribe in Nigeria have the dregs of the society among them. We have some of those dregs engaging in tribal war/bigotry and trying to turn every single arguments/counter opinion to tribal talks. These are the same people wey dey yab Ebonyi people o. We have their tribalistic counterparts who are Yorubas on this forum too.
That was how one idi.ot told me that any Yoruba man/woman that voted for Tinubu is tribalistic but any Igbo that voted for Obi is not. I just dey laugh at that nonentit.y that day. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Pussyisgud: 9:32am On Feb 03
TOPCRUISE:

Omeruo can place that position.
But he doesn't go forward like he does. If we only have someone like manuel Akanji or a younger David Alaba, this team will make much sense

Or barcelona's balde
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:35am On Feb 03
ndidibabe:
There is only one salah.
And where is your almighty Salah in this current tournament?
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:39am On Feb 03
Diligence:

So HE Mr Peter Obi was there live!

Felicitations to SE

All glory to God!
Stop this nonsensical tribal talks, it should be felicitation to Nigeria. I'm Yoruba and I voted for Obi because I saw him as a better alternative to the other presidential candidates in the last presidential election. I have a lot of my close friends who are fellow Yorubas that voted for Peter Obi, not necessarily because we saw him as Nigeria's Messiah but because we saw him as a better candidate compared to others. We don't have a Messiah among our current set of politicians.
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:41am On Feb 03
SonofElElyonRet:

They put us under pressure towards the end. We should've scored at least 2 goals. Let's be objective in our analysis. There's a lot of room for improvement...
Them going all in and trying to put us under pressure is normal in football. Angola had to go all in since they were already facing elimination. We could have gotten another goal if not for our attackers already facing fatigue. The boys deserve accolades.
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:46am On Feb 03
leathalbeast:
when u guys stop throwing shades at Ghana over here then I will stop talking, I actually don't if Nigeria wins or not but the more u guys troll my country the more I will hate. Copy dat!
Your fellow Ghanaians started the trend bro, if you can't take banter then don't trade in it. Nigerians never forget. Your fellow Ghanaians did same thing after qualifying for the last world cup on away goal at the expense of Nigeria, so be ready to endure it every αΊΉkαΊΉ market day. By the way, your hatred doesn't deter the Super Eagles, the more you hate them the more they go all in for the victory and the more the banter dey set. I hope to banter Ghanaians on Wednesday. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:49am On Feb 03
chinchum:
have you heard of Mutiu "headmaster" Adepoju?
What he said is still valid. We don't often offer aerial threats against the opponent in a long while. Now we have a striker that is actually good with his head.
By the way, Mutiu Adepoju left the national team in 2006 I think. 2006 to this year is 18 years o.
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:52am On Feb 03
hotplate:

I think say na only me see this blunder what if they had equalised how would he go into the extra time
The same way every team does.
How do you advocate for the manager to keep in those players when they were clearly tired?
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:55am On Feb 03
Shattuck:
I noticed that too why does he always run behind defenders? Great player by the way.
He does that because he's the striker, it's actually the other way round sha. It's the defenders that stays with him to man mark him whenever we're attacking with the ball.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by ArchEnemy(m): 9:59am On Feb 03
Dybala11:

That doesn't make him a striker, and that doesn't make him preferable to Osimhen as a striker.
By the way, he's not in the list of our best finishers. That statement is only a figment of your imagination.
How many of your stickers have achieved what Musa has achieved on the world stage?
Musa has 4 world cup goals!
I would never pick pick Musa over Osimen at the moment!
You missed out the word historically
Re: Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 by Dybala11(m): 9:59am On Feb 03
ogbonti:

if na UZOHOR dey goal - wetin for happin grin grin grin grin
One guy here decided to overlook Nwabali's saves against Ivory Coast and said that he has never been tested in this tournament. After last night's match one of those lots also came to say that Nwabali is yet to be tested, despite making at least two crucial saves against Angola.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight / Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.