Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling (487 Views)

Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage / Singer Cherry Exchanges Words With Fans For Shaking Her Boobs / DJ Cuppy: "I Need To Wed In 2018 Before King Sunny Ade Retires". Ade Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by Glimpsetv: 9:41am On Jan 27
Fast-rising singer Ayra Starr, whose real name is Oyinkansola Sarah Aderibigbe, came under heavy criticism last night for shaking hands with the legend King Sunny Ade.

In accordance with Yoruba tradition and their esteemed position, she should have offered her greeting on her knees.

Instead, the young artist chose to stand and greeted him by shaking hands.

This angered a lot of Nigerians on social media platforms like X (formerly known as Twitter). One user posted, "Ayra Starr is nothing but an uncultured lady."

Another user cited WizKid as a good example, posting a video of WizKid prostrating to greet the legend King Sunny Ade despite being on stage to perform with him.

Many netizens, outraged by her actions, perceived her as impolite and questioned her authenticity as a true daughter of the soil.

However, the singer Arya Starr swiftly issued an apology later via her official social media handle for her manner of conduct.

Mynd44, Nlfpmod, Dominique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zops6pIt90

Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by illicit(m): 9:59am On Jan 27
🥵

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by Chicagograduate(m): 10:03am On Jan 27
Why must she kneel down to greet him when sunny Ade is not a traditional ruler?
Kneeling down to greet him is by choice.
Moreover,Wizkid ought to lye down flat not doing pushups.

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by TINTINABULATION(m): 10:05am On Jan 27
An uncultured, skinny and arrogant Rat.
A twinkling star disrespecting a golden moon for that matter.

The problem is that people refer to these commercial singers as Muscians. If we actually know what they call Music, you will know that we dont have any ( or say few) musicians in Nigeria again but only commercial singers...

Music starts and ends with KSA & his ilks.

3 Likes

Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by LEARNPYTHON(m): 10:13am On Jan 27
Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by insidelife22(m): 10:27am On Jan 27
sunny Ade
Owambe
ChAirman
Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by matify83: 10:29am On Jan 27
As a Yoruba lady herself, she should have done the needful that is expected of her.

King sunny Ade is not only a legend but an Oracle in the music world where she is just a FOETUS and must be accorded his due respect.

I'm not of the Yoruba stock but I would not in my wildest dreams meet with Baba and remain on my legs.

2 Likes

Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 10:30am On Jan 27
Sunny Ade should have snubbed her and command her to kneel down to greet him.

3 Likes

Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by Solofresh2: 10:47am On Jan 27
King Sunny Ade bowed instead
Oh my God this is shameful

3 Likes

Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by Offkey: 11:11am On Jan 27
Chicagograduate:
some certain rules are for poor people

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by Offkey: 11:13am On Jan 27
Solofresh2:
King Sunny Ade bowed instead
Oh my God this is shameful
he is teaching her

2 Likes

Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by Macnnoli4(m): 11:15am On Jan 27
As my culture isn't big on elaborate greetings, I thus have nothing to say.
Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by BondRiv: 11:58am On Jan 27
TINTINABULATION:
An uncultured, skinny and arrogant Rat.
A twinkling star disrespecting a golden moon for that matter.

The problem is that people refer to these commercial singers as Muscians. If we actually know what they call Music, you will know that we dont have any ( or say few) musicians in Nigeria again but only commercial singers...

Music starts and ends with KSA & his ilks.

She apologized, so why the derogatory remarks? Deal with your demons pls.
Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by Saturnalia(m): 12:00pm On Jan 27
Chicagograduate:

You know, it’s a cultural thing. Morals were instilled in us to prostrate or kneel to greet elderly people, whether they’re Kings, Queens or not unlike in your region where it is a norm for children to wake their parents up with sliding tackles or by giving them elbow jabs to their neck.
Re: Ayra Starr Under Fire For Shaking Hands With King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling by TINTINABULATION(m): 12:16pm On Jan 27
BondRiv:

She apologized, so why the derogatory remarks? Deal with your demons pls.

Anyone that insults the gods will not have the blessings of the priests.

(1) (Reply)

Davido Calls Wizkid A Woman B€ater With Proof / Styleh drops "Portable" Hot New Single / Photos: Tonto Dikeh Spotted In Soundcity Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.