Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Iragunshi - A Village In Epe Still Holding On To The Oro Tradition. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Iragunshi - A Village In Epe Still Holding On To The Oro Tradition. (178 Views)

Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 / Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iragunshi - A Village In Epe Still Holding On To The Oro Tradition. by Chidimba: 10:54am On Jan 27
Today, Saturday 27th of January, no resident both old and young are allowed to come outside because of the oro tradition taking place. Any visitor that erroneously ventures to enter the village will be met with grim consequences. For a whole day, people must observe the by force stay at home. I am not one to question traditional rites but I see no economic significance of locking people up for a whole day. Neither is there any development it brings to the village. This is a village where The Otedola's comes from yet no single development year to year. Just my thoughts though. let's have yours
Re: Iragunshi - A Village In Epe Still Holding On To The Oro Tradition. by illicit(m): 11:16am On Jan 27
Na tradition
Re: Iragunshi - A Village In Epe Still Holding On To The Oro Tradition. by Ernerstdavid55(m): 12:24pm On Jan 27
illicit:
Na tradition
witch kind tradition be dat
Na 18 century we dey
Make i go buy something na so Dem put palm leafs everywhere like say person die
Mtcew
Re: Iragunshi - A Village In Epe Still Holding On To The Oro Tradition. by illicit(m): 12:25pm On Jan 27
Ernerstdavid55:
witch kind tradition be dat
Na 18 century we dey
Make i go buy something na so Dem put palm leafs everywhere like say person die
Mtcew

Commot for the area

(1) (Reply)

The Vast Knowledge In Odu IFA / The Best Powerful Herbalist In Nigeria / "Igbo’s understand the game of money, they will survive" - Pastor says (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.