Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 (27049 Views)

Meet The Ceo’s Of The Top 10 Companies In Nigeria(April 2022) / Get Up To 10 Million Naira Loan Within 24 Hours Without Collateral In Nigeria / Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Amotolongbo(f): 3:58am On Jan 29
toujurs:
ugly mofo
pauper

Continue using two different handles to converse begging with one and counter begging with the other
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Gerrard59(m): 4:02am On Jan 29
123papas:
We need to explore our gas reserves, this will drive the power and industrial sector moving on it own.

We need to harness our agricultural potentials. This will drive the chemical, raw material and allied businesses on it own. Different level of policing need to be explored especially in the middle belt.

A lot of deepwater offshore projects are pending, this needs to kick off. This will improve our oil production capacity. Seek foreign assistance on crude theft.

Corruption needs to be stopped but putting in place capital punishment for thieving officials. This measure should also be extended to election riggers.

Domiciliary accounts should be converted to naira to stop fx speculation.

Let’s start from here and everything go set

While the rest of your posts are apt, the bold is very dangerous and should be avoided. Argentina and Lebanon did the same. Ask them how far.
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by MasterTeeUSA: 4:31am On Jan 29
If you are looking for jobs....shine your eyes and be open to relocation.

ijustdey:

The year 2023 had come and gone with many downturns and hiccups that retarded economic growth. Experts said to reposition the economy, Nigeria must oil…

https://dailytrust.com/economy-nigerians-look-up-to-10-companies-in-2024/

Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Free2Fly: 4:39am On Jan 29
nairalanda1:
The thing is, NIgeria needs to make more money. Companies would not help us.

It's always about your yeye Nigeria's interests over those of the citizens.

Nigeria should make more money so the criminally minded politicians can embezzle more?!

Nonsense!
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by nairalanda1(m): 4:43am On Jan 29
Free2Fly:

It's always about your yeye Nigeria's interests over those of the citizens.

Nigeria should make more money so the criminally minded politicians can embezzle more?!

Nonsense!

Thank you very much for appearing on 'The daily Grumble'...the show for those who do nothing but grumble all day long!

See you next time.
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Free2Fly: 4:50am On Jan 29
nairalanda1:

That is, if NIgerians are ready to pay for electrictiy at market prices, not government price.

How much do those in countries where there's 24hrs light pay??

I mean countries with similar amount of crude oil/natural resources as Nigeria, not European countries with no natural resources, which you'll rush to quote??

How much do the citizens and residents of Saudi, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Angola, Iran, Russia, etc, pay monthly??

You're surely one of those criminally minded politicians that are stealing Nigeria and Nigerians' present and future.
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by nairalanda1(m): 5:08am On Jan 29
Free2Fly:

How much do those in countries where there's 24hrs light pay??

I mean countries with similar amount of crude oil/natural resources as Nigeria, not European countries with no natural resources, which you'll rush to quote??

How much do the citizens and residents of Saudi, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Angola, Iran, Russia, etc, pay monthly??

You're surely one of those criminally minded politicians that are stealing Nigeria and Nigerians' present and future.

ON a more serious note...

Well, at the end of the day, our per capita revenue is not the same as Saudi, Qatar, UAE, Oman or Bahrain .(Angola is just as bad as we are, Iran subsidises electricty, and as a result has a massive debt, and Russia stopped subsidising electricity aeons ago).....so at the end, either we pay for power at market price, or we keep on having no light.

I see no reason why you should lose your shit about my comment. Most businesses operate by selling at a profit and that does not make you angry. You won't support government setting your prices if you were a business

Simply put.... We have tried your way for decades, and we don't have power.

At the end of the day, it is time to run power as a business, like most countries. Let the DISCOS set their prices, so that they can stop rejecting power, and pay directly for improvements and indirectly for more generation. When we get to 24 hour power, government can think of reducing prices via production subsides.
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by 123papas(m): 7:45am On Jan 29
Why it may work in Nigeria is because of our natural resources and Nigerians are very productive just that they don’t like their efforts being wasted. So our economy has a lot of prospects.

Nigerians will not stop saving in dollars as the trend has picked up. I believe if a trend of converting dollars to naira is picked up, dollars will fall drastically
Gerrard59:

While the rest of your posts are apt, the bold is very dangerous and should be avoided. Argentina and Lebanon did the same. Ask them how far.
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by toujurs: 7:58am On Jan 29
Amotolongbo:
pauper
ugly frustrated LovePeddler.

Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by ttmax09(m): 9:33am On Jan 29
MadamExcellency:

We are talking about industries, not domestic users.

Do you know that Star Paper Mills in Abia State has 6 units of 3 MWatts of Generating Sets totalling 18MWatts of Electricity? They are Diesel Generators and the company buys the diesel at market value and you are asking to pay a fair price for electricity? You do not know that one company operate 18 MWatts that can power a city of domestic users. Stop being obsessed with inflicting more pain on the populace.

Industries and corporations are paying their fair share but the supply is inadequate or non-existent.
Well he his actually right, allow the discos to set their tariffs and you will see improvement in power supply and also renewed investments from the gencos to discos. Government is still subsidising electricity and holding the power sector from growing all in the name of providing cheap electricity.
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Amotolongbo(f): 10:38am On Jan 29
toujurs:
ugly frustrated LovePeddler.
pauper
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by iya6aziza: 11:19am On Jan 29
Individual positive contributions will also matter.Individual positive contributions will also matter....
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Look4success: 11:41am On Jan 29
Amotolongbo:
pauper

Someone should help me with 5k please. I want to use as tfare to my workplace this week. Please
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Look4success: 11:42am On Jan 29
MasterTeeUSA:
If you are looking for jobs....shine your eyes and be open to relocation.

Someone should help me with 5k or any amount please. I want to use as tfare to my workplace this week. Please
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Look4success: 11:42am On Jan 29
nairalanda1:

ON a more serious note...

Well, at the end of the day, our per capita revenue is not the same as Saudi, Qatar, UAE, Oman or Bahrain .(Angola is just as bad as we are, Iran subsidises electricty, and as a result has a massive debt, and Russia stopped subsidising electricity aeons ago).....so at the end, either we pay for power at market price, or we keep on having no light.

I see no reason why you should lose your shit about my comment. Most businesses operate by selling at a profit and that does not make you angry. You won't support government setting your prices if you were a business

Simply put.... We have tried your way for decades, and we don't have power.

At the end of the day, it is time to run power as a business, like most countries. Let the DISCOS set their prices, so that they can stop rejecting power, and pay directly for improvements and indirectly for more generation. When we get to 24 hour power, government can think of reducing prices via production subsides.

Someone should help me with 5k please. I want to use as tfare to my workplace this week. Please
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by TruthsFM: 12:26pm On Jan 29
What of flour mills too
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by xtian110: 12:37pm On Jan 29
THE NEWS
Niger, Senegal, and Rwanda will be among the world’s highest growth economies in 2024, the World Bank said in its report on global economic prospects released this week.
Niger is forecast to grow at 12.5% this year driven by its oil sector which has made up for low uranium production.Its growth rate will only be surpassed by Guyana’s 38.2%, the South American country is also benefiting from an expanding oil sector. Three other African countries expected to be in the top 10 of highest growth economies are the Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire and Ethiopia.
It reflects an expectation that while growth in Africa’s largest economies — Nigeria, South Africa and Angola — will drag on the rest of the region, economies that are not rich in resources will grow above the expected regional average of 3.8%. Indeed, sub Saharan Africa is expected to grow at 5% this year when Nigeria, South Africa and Angola are excluded from the analysis.
These three will experience modest improvements on the meager growth recorded last year. They posted a combined 1.8% growth in 2023, a decline from the previous year which the World Bank attributes to disruptive monetary policy moves like Nigeria’s currency redesign, revenue shortfalls from low oil production as in Angola, and infrastructure problems notable in South Africa’s energy and transportation sectors.

Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Layi4real(m): 2:03pm On Jan 29
cucumbar:
Simple English you cannot write.
That’s why you think it is the citizens that are to blame for the rot in government.
You are a dullard!
I’m sure you are a supporter of this rubbish government, that’s why you think you can shift the blame to citizens.

Yamayama fall on you empty bald head there!
peele Mr all know and Cambridge.......
what have u done to help Ur society all u know how to do is to cry and expect government to bring food to d table for u...
stupid set of people
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by toujurs: 3:08pm On Jan 29
Amotolongbo:
pauper
see this jobless frustrated old woman, calling someone a pauper. Your time has passed. How can one person be single at such an old age, ugly and still broke at the same time. Only you! Haba! It's obvious you are poor, because if you were busy you won't have had time to create over 200 topics. grin broke, bitter and ugly. Hunger will finish you, which man would want to take you out for lunch grin

As old as you are, you are tribalistic. Shame on you. That's why you are nothing has ever worked right in your favour. I know it has been all tears for you. You will cry more. Bigot! Keep crying. grin

1 Like

Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by toujurs: 3:11pm On Jan 29
Look4success:

You can begging, someone that is jobless in her late 30's for money.
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Amotolongbo(f): 3:25pm On Jan 29
toujurs:
see this jobless frustrated old woman, calling someone a pauper. Your time has passed. How can one person be single at such an old age, ugly and still broke at the same time. Only you! Haba! It's obvious you are poor, because if you were busy you won't have had time to create over 200 topics. grin broke, bitter and ugly. Hunger will finish you, which man would want to take you out for lunch grin

As old as you are, you are tribalistic. Shame on you. That's why you are nothing has ever worked right in your favour. I know it has been all tears for you. You will cry more. Bigot! Keep crying. grin
See this pauper spamming my mention with cheap data bundle
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Amotolongbo(f): 3:27pm On Jan 29
toujurs:
stop acting and pretending. You are the one using your second nairaland handle to beg for 5K 🤣
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by toujurs: 4:11pm On Jan 29
Amotolongbo:
See this pauper spamming my mention with cheap data bundle
i use Mtn 5G router, which i bought for 50k. Am not as broke as you are. You are a poor and bitter old woman. And bitter people like you die lonely and poor.

Bigotry has choked you, into penury. I don't feel sad for you. Because you are daft. Hunger will finish you under this 8 years of tinubu. You are poor, and yet still promoting bigotry. A real ode. Old woman.

1 Like

Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Look4success: 4:20pm On Jan 29
toujurs:

Help me please
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Amotolongbo(f): 4:56pm On Jan 29
toujurs:
i use Mtn 5G router, which i bought for 50k. Am not as broke as you are. You are a poor and bitter old woman. And bitter people like you die lonely and poor.

Bigotry has choked you, into penury. I don't feel sad for you. Because you are daft. Hunger will finish you under this 8 years of tinubu. You are poor, and yet still promoting bigotry. A real ode. Old woman.
See this pauper that just used his second handle to beg for 5k claiming the router and 50k subscription his neighbour bought. 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by MasterTeeUSA: 5:24pm On Jan 29
You did not prepare for your tfare to work from your last salary or what?

Someone should help me with 5k or any amount please. I want to use as tfare to my workplace this week. Please[/quote]
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by toujurs: 5:25pm On Jan 29
Amotolongbo:
See this pauper that just used his second handle to beg for 5k claiming the router and 50k subscription his neighbour bought. 🤣🤣🤣
Godforbid, this one has lost her feminity. You are a loose hag.
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Amotolongbo(f): 5:26pm On Jan 29
toujurs:
Godforbid, this one has lost her feminity. You are a loose hag.
Pauper
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Look4success: 5:39pm On Jan 29
MasterTeeUSA:
You did not prepare for your tfare to work from your last salary or what?

Someone should help me with 5k or any amount please. I want to use as tfare to my workplace this week. Please

December salary was paid on the 15th of last month. And the festive season had taken 60% of the money. Managed the remaining 40% till last week. Just waiting that this week will be watered. Help please Sir
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by MasterTeeUSA: 6:00pm On Jan 29
Your account was just created Jan 21st, 2024...Sorry, this scam wont work on here. People will check your account creation date first.

Look4success:

December salary was paid on the 15th of last month. And the festive season had taken 60% of the money. Managed the remaining 40% till last week. Just waiting that this week will be watered. Help please Sir
Re: Economy: Nigerians Look Up To 10 Companies In 2024 by Look4success: 6:03pm On Jan 29

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things They Told Us That Is No Longer Applicable In 2017 / ₦69.4 Billion Debt: AMCON Takes Over Jimoh Ibrahim’s Assets / Pls. I Have 300k Which Business Can I Do That Will Give Me 2k - 3k Daily.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.