Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS (21352 Views)

ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds / Burkina Faso, Mali And Niger Look To Form A Confederation / Mali And Burkina Faso Release Joint Statement In Support Of Nigerien Coup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by AnyanwuSilas: 7:26pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
Tinubu. You haven't still explain why you said the head of ECOWAS is a french puppet
hope you know that Franco phone countries are not yet free? They are the majority in ecowas
Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by ivolt: 7:57pm On Jan 29
AnyanwuSilas:
I know, you're still wrong
You don't know.
Don't argue in ignorance.
Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by ivolt: 8:02pm On Jan 29
nograv:

All three nations are in the process of throwing off the last vestiges of French rule. Niger for example has rocketed to being one of the fasting growing economies in the world this year.

Your inference is wrong.
Fastest growing means nothing when you move from bottom to bottom.
If person A's salary is increased from 100 to 130, that's a 30% increase.
But if person B's salary is increased from 10 to 30, that's a 300% increase.
It doesn't mean person B is better off than person A.
Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by Iamzik: 9:34pm On Jan 29
Coolestguy2023:

I wonder how you people think. How did Tinubu singlehandedly took any of the steps he took? Does it work that way? All the actions he took was a collective decision by all Ecowas member States. But has the Chairman, he is to announce such decisions to the general public. Is that too have for you people to know and understand

The buck stops at his table. If member states take decision to ban Nigerians from their countries will tinubu happily announce it? A leader should be circumspect and tactful. I hope Tinubu and those defending his careless statements will learn
Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by Iamzik: 9:36pm On Jan 29
Slytiger:

The only people that got suspended are those 3 coupist countries. Other democratically elected president should not and cannot be sitting down with and encouraging coupists. We are not in the 1960s Africa.

Well they said they are no longer interested in your ECOWAS anymore. You seem to forget that it is a voluntary association. If the citizens of a country decide that they are fine with military rule bacause the civilian thieves in agbada have failed them why is ECOWAS insisting that they must go back to a failed system?
Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by nograv: 9:43pm On Jan 29
ivolt:

Your inference is wrong.
Fastest growing means nothing when you move from bottom to bottom.
If person A's salary is increased from 100 to 130, that's a 30% increase.
But if person B's salary is increased from 10 to 30, that's a 300% increase.
It doesn't mean person B is better off than person A.

Indeed they are starting from a low base, but the question is why did this change occur? The catalyst was extricating the last vestiges of French rule, something you clearly don't wish to acknowledge.

Also your pointless explanation makes little sense, because yesterday's laggards can become tomorrow's champions. E.G. South Korea had a much lower GDP per capita compared to Ghana and Nigeria at independence. Where is South Korea today, it is in effect a developed nation, Nigeria and Ghana? we both know where they are..

Likewise Today's champion can be tomorrow's loser.Like Argentina which had a larger economy than France at the beginning of the 20th century and now is the byword for economic failure/decline.

Tinubu could have ridden the crest of wave, joining arms with neighbouring countries that were freeing themselves and experiencing vast economic gains as a result.

Instead the Agbero did what an Agbero does and slavishly followed marching orders given to him by the west..

Now I have educated you go and rethink the nonsense you just posted..
Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by nograv: 9:44pm On Jan 29
Paraman:
I don't understand you

Of you don't understand, that is why you defend the agbero Tinubu.. No smart man will defend his silly moves..
Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by ivolt: 10:16pm On Jan 29
nograv:

Indeed they are starting from a low base, but the question is why did this change occur? The catalyst was extricating the last vestiges of French rule, something you clearly don't wish to acknowledge.
I know for a fact that the bold is wrong given Niger's pre-coup economy growth but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
Provide a reliable source for your claim.

Also your pointless explanation makes little sense, because yesterday's laggards can become tomorrow's champions. E.G. South Korea had a much lower GDP per capita compared to Ghana and Nigeria at independence. Where is South Korea today, it is in effect a developed nation, Nigeria and Ghana? we both know where they are..
My explanation is very much relevant to puncture the illogical pro-coup propaganda.
This is not a matter of laggards or toppers.
It is simple maths.
South Korea has moved from bottom to top and not from bottom to bottom.
South Korea was actually doing something different post civil war.
Niger is doing absolutely nothing different than extraction and selling.

Likewise Today's champion can be tomorrow's loser.Like Argentina which had a larger economy than France at the beginning of the 20th century and now is the byword for economic failure/decline.
This is irrelevant, economics does not work based on hope, miracles or prayers.
The only thing close to a miracle is new discovery of a massive source of natural resources.
I don't recall any of these coup countries making such discoveries.
In national economics, if you produce, you wallow in poverty, it is that simple.

Tinubu could have ridden the crest of wave, joining arms with neighbouring countries that were freeing themselves and experiencing vast economic gains as a result.
I can now see that you are discussing completely outside of your knowledge.
What vast economic gains? Increased employment? Increased productivity, net positive BOP, massive budget increase?
What exactly? Provide the before and after coup numbers and you will be sorely disappointed.

Oh you think growth rate is the magic word.
Well, go and check all the numbers that matters e.g GDP per capita if you know what they mean.
Nigeria is at least 3 times richer than any of your supposed perfect countries and has even improved over them post-coup.
Do you think economics is like protesting in the street riding on current political wave? grin grin grin

Instead the Agbero did what an Agbero does and slavishly followed marching orders given to him by the west..

Now I have educated you go and rethink the nonsense you just posted..

grin grin grin
No, you are extremely ignorant on economic issues.
I am surprised an educated person could knowingly weave fiction into economics.
You just hear "growth rate" and you went gaga without understanding what it means.
None of the coup countries are any significantly better economically than they were before coup.

I have told you what it takes to actually improve the economy of a nation.
Being rhetorically "free" whatever that means is not part of it.
Increase production/services or discover natural resources. Outside of that, no magic involved.
Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by Entprys(m): 10:42pm On Jan 29
Solitechworld:

And what positive impact will that make in your life?
You are a big fuul
Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by Paraman: 10:52pm On Jan 29
nograv:

Of you don't understand, that is why you defend the agbero Tinubu.. No smart man will defend his silly moves..
k
Re: Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS by nograv: 11:20pm On Jan 29
ivolt:

I know for a fact that the bold is wrong given Niger's pre-coup economy growth but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
Provide a reliable source for your claim.

My explanation is very much relevant to puncture the illogical pro-coup propaganda.
This is not a matter of laggards or toppers.
It is simple maths.
South Korea has moved from bottom to top and not from bottom to bottom.
South Korea was actually doing something different post civil war.
Niger is doing absolutely nothing different than extraction and selling.

This is irrelevant, economics does not work based on hope, miracles or prayers.
The only thing close to a miracle is new discovery of a massive source of natural resources.
I don't recall any of these coup countries making such discoveries.
In national economics, if you produce, you wallow in poverty, it is that simple.

I can now see that you are discussing completely outside of your knowledge.
What vast economic gains? Increased employment? Increased productivity, net positive BOP, massive budget increase?
What exactly? Provide the before and after coup numbers and you will be sorely disappointed.

Oh you think growth rate is the magic word.
Well, go and check all the numbers that matters e.g GDP per capita if you know what they mean.
Nigeria is at least 3 times richer than any of your supposed perfect countries and has even improved over them post-coup.
Do you think economics is like protesting in the street riding on current political wave? grin grin grin

grin grin grin
No, you are extremely ignorant on economic issues.
I am surprised an educated person could knowingly weave fiction into economics.
You just hear "growth rate" and you went gaga without understanding what it means.
None of the coup countries are any significantly better economically than they were before coup.

I have told you what it takes to actually improve the economy of a nation.
Being rhetorically "free" whatever that means is not part of it.
Increase production/services or discover natural resources. Outside of that, no magic involved.

ALL OF THE ABOVE AND YOU SAID NOTHING..

TINUBUS URCHINS WILL SAY THE SKY IS GREEN IF HE SAID SO..

Re South Korea thanks for parroting what I already said..

Re Niger, yes they are doing something different. They are now selling Uranium at market rates as opposed to the price the French set for them, a 200% difference in some cases. Hence the uptick in growth rates..

Also you don't need to do anything particularly different to increase growth rates in some cases. Look at Saudi it has been flogging oil for years and has become very rich as a result. Ditto Qatar which got rich selling LNG.. Botswana has a higher GDP per capita than Nigeria again selling primary goods.. cool

Re GDP per capita, you have poor reading skills. I mentioned gdp per capita figures when comparing S Korea vs Nigeria/Ghana at independence lol..

Try again....

THERE ONCE WAS A COUNTRY cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russia Will Not Attack NATO But F-16s Will Be Shot Down In Ukraine, Putin Says / Israel Launches ‘targeted’ Military Operation Inside Gaza’s Al-shifa Hospital. / Daughter Lied & Sent Her Father To Prison For Molestation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.