Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed (3253 Views)

The Worst Will Happen If Saraki Is Removed — Baraje / PIC Of The Day: Fuel Scarcity And Easter (jesus Resurrection) / Fuel Subsidy Is A Lie – Prof David West (MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by Abagworo(m): 12:59am On Jan 12, 2012
I wonder why the FG did not know this would be the effects.
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 12, 2012
Abagworo:

I wonder why the FG did not know this would be the effects.

Simple. They thought we were going to do our normal sidon look.

They were so wrong.
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by jason123: 1:25am On Jan 12, 2012
Op, you are a prophet.
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by Nobody: 1:28am On Jan 12, 2012
jason123:

Op, you are a prophet.

grin grin that's right. Senior Prophet TB pDude cheesy cheesy

Oya pay your tithes into my account number. cheesy
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by isalegan2: 1:39am On Jan 12, 2012
pDude:

I have long studied the trend in Nigeria and I have decided to reconstruct how the whole thing is going to go down.

On January 1st the president is gonna give his yearly speech and he would read out the budget. After reading out the 2011 budget, he would tell us that the fuel subsidy has been removed but kerosene prices will still be stable (trying to pacify our fears with kerosene) bla bla bla. Naturally, people will get angry and a lot of noise will start being made.

After the broadcast, you will naturally go outdoors to buy breakfast things: bread, eggs, milk, cocoa, etc but you will suddenly realize that the 500 naira which  U̶̲̥̅̊  intended to use for the entire purchase is now totally useless. The loaf of bread (formerly 250naira)alone would cost more than 500 naira (naturally because of the multiplier effect of the fuel increase which is almost *3) and an egg would cost about 80 naira. Traders would increase their prices far above twice or thrice the price because of the insecurity and need to maximize profit.

From this point, things would begin to detriorate rapidly. You would notice quickly that the little amount of money in your bank account will be almost useless. Hungry people who couldn't buy breakfast would begin to fill the streets. Any shop owner who is present at that time will get into arguments with buyers and before you can say 'Jack' he will have his store pillaged. Then mob action begins. Because of the need to secure one's self, looting of shops and stores would begin. I really pity traders at this time.

A few hours later, area boys and touts would take to the streets: burning, looting, pillaging and fighting. Only a few will remain indoors. Miscreants would then begin house-to-house ransacking (I implore you at this point, if your house is visited for robbing, kindly allow them rob you cos your life is more important). At this point, it would really be a sad time for two sets of people: Ladies who dey form yanga and neighbourhood opressors.
On the street level, everyone would be carrying a stick or weapon to either protect himself or for attack. If you had any beef with any neighbourhood dude, I implore you to quickly make peace with him or else he might just visit you that day with a bunch of his friends.

You make ask at this point, "what about the police and other security or military personnel?" Don't worry about them because they will be too busy hiding themselves because at this point, angry youths would have taken over the streets and any uniformed personnel would be a potential target.
  Banks would be ransacked, cars burnt, local govt offices would be in flames, girls violated, several dead bodies lying around, gangs and factions would clash, etc. When a form of decorum takes over at a certain point, people would mobilize and begin marching to the various government houses and lodges to take back their own pound of flesh from the government officials. If any of our politicians or leader have not been wise enough to leave the country at this time, they would have themselves to blame. A few foolish ones may try to surround themselves with mobile police units or soldiers, but by the time these military operative envision the mass of people approaching, they would drop their guns, tear off their uniforms and flee (like the cowards they are), deserting the politician. The mob will then descend on that politician and lynch him. Also his lodge will be razed to the ground but not after it is looted.

A massive inflation would then set in, dwarfing both the German and Zimbabwean inflation (Nigeria is an extreme place and negative situations are normally extreme). Your saved up money would become totally useless.

The Ijaw and Niger Delta youth (MEND) would go into action and declare independence from Nigeria; they would arm themselves to the teeth and begin protecting their oil fields and wells. No exploration of oil would take place in that region once they do that. Nigerians would begin to feel the hardship. The Bokos would then take over the north and begin killing any foriegner they can lay their hands upon. Northern Nigeria would shortly become like Somalia.

Our President and his ministers would then be targeted next. There would be a massive march of youths carrying sticks, stones, a few rifles and any weapon that they can lay their eyes upon. At this time, dialogue would be a waste. The Nigerian youths would have blood on their mind and damn any person still found in Aso Rock. He might try to surround himself with military personnel but at the end after a few protesters have been shot and killed, they will eventually fall upon them and lynch them ( see the capture of Ghadaffi).

At this point in time, the Nigerian topography and atmosphere will resemble the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust: fires burning, bodies littering the street, area boys in control, Bokos and Almajiris running wild, Militancy in the ND,  and a general air of chaos.

This is just a reconstruction which I was discussing about with a few friends. Many might doubt that we would do our normal siddon look but I really doubt if this will be the case at this point. The rich and the poor will be affected and all would participate in the riot.

If our leaders are wise, let them hear. Nigerians are waiting for you. The catalyst that might topple Nigeria is the fuel subsidy removal. Tread carefully.

Did you really write this up on Nov 7? Interesting. Good job.

One thing missing is, the part where U.S. and NATO do whatever necessary to safeguard the production of Nigerian oil. Remember when they went into Irag, despite the hundreds of thousands killed, power outages, religious killings, they reserved their strongest defense for the oil rigs and ensured that the oil kept flowing.
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 12, 2012
isale_gan2:

Did you really write this up on Nov 7? Interesting. Good job.

One thing missing is, the part where U.S. and NATO do whatever necessary to safeguard the production of Nigerian oil. Remember when they went into Irag, despite the hundreds of thousands killed, power outages, religious killings, they reserved their strongest defense for the oil rigs and ensured that the oil kept flowing.

Yes I wrote this back in November. I haven't changed or edited a word.

As for the US part, I kept that out because you don't know who might be monitoring this site. I might get into trouble cos they might show up at my door and handcuff me and accuse me of INCITING violence with my write-up.

I simply studied the Arab Spring and looked at the Nigerian situation critically and figured out that Nigerians are tired of being played for fools and will definitely protest this time around.

I shared my thoughts with a few bbm forum friends but they laughed at me and told me it wasn't possible. Well, what can I say.
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by Nnenna1(f): 2:05am On Jan 12, 2012
Wow shocked
Moderators please take this thread to the front page.
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 12, 2012
Whys isn't this on the front page?
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by obowunmi(m): 4:17am On Jan 12, 2012
@ PDude how can someone soo perverted be this prophetic ? hahahah! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by sheyguy: 4:44am On Jan 12, 2012
By the time this happens, pple will be ready to go in the rural areas because that will be the safest place within the country.
I hope we avert this kinda stuff sha.
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by aieromon(m): 5:00am On Jan 12, 2012
@pDude
You left out your part in the whole furore.Are you one of the guys who goes round the neighbourhood shagging ladies who made ''yanga'' to you?
Nice writeup,mahn.
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by otokx(m): 5:10am On Jan 12, 2012
it can't degenerate to this level.
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by obowunmi(m): 10:37am On Jan 12, 2012
sheyguy:

By the time this happens, pple will be ready to go in the rural areas because that will be the safest place within the country.
I hope we avert this kinda stuff sha.

Rural ke ? There is no safety in rural areas.
Re: This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed by sheyguy: 11:41am On Jan 12, 2012
obowunmi:

Rural ke ? There is no safety in rural areas.
what do u mean by that ? U don't expect the leaders to run into hiding. They will rather attempt to claim their innocense and steal more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Original From Achives ,buhari List Of Appointees While In Government. / Politics Is A 'Dirty Game' ;How True Is This Statement? / Fani-kayode Blasts Jonathan (Published April 25, 2013)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.