Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,500 members, 7,812,544 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Naira Is Now 1500 Naira - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Is Now 1500 Naira (2687 Views)

Why The Naira Is Going To N1000 To The Dollar / Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar / Get Your Company, Trade Logo Done Now @ #1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by opamoses1: 5:34am On Jan 29
ednut1:
The North won Tinubu the election tho. Come 2027 they will still vote him because El Rufia is waiting for 2031
You even get time to dey shalaye. Tribalist will always be tribalist.
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Tochi3(m): 5:35am On Jan 29
..since the thief Thief'nubu grabbed power & is failing retrogressivly, his manhood standers have been spamming everywhere trying to defend his ineptitude & cluelessness by blaming & calling Nigerians lazy.. grin grin

..Nigerians lazy Na wa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Nice2023(m): 5:38am On Jan 29
adamusuleiman2:

Okay I just saw a link from 2022 of Nafdac warning people against consuming imported pomo. Since that's the case, Nigerians have become extremely lazy thinkers that stuffs like pomo and toothpick are being imported. And some will need dollars to import that as well smh.

Huge amount of dollars my brother.
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Nice2023(m): 5:40am On Jan 29
opamoses1:

He is right. If that's the case, existing houses will appreciate in value not decrease. Simple laws of demand and supply. If people find it hard to import building materials? House won't get built and value of already built ones or new builds will appreciate. OP says it would decrease by one-third.

Leave the guy may be he thinks we are discussing home economics here.
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by DesChyko: 5:44am On Jan 29
Slytiger:

Ask the same question for the blue part on the extreme North East.

I asked the person who posted that where I needed clarification. You can ask the poster if and where you need clarification as well. I do not have to share in your confusion.

Thanks for the interest.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Slytiger: 5:56am On Jan 29
DesChyko:

I asked the person who posted that where I needed clarification. You can ask the poster if and where you need clarification as well. I do not have to share in your confusion.

Thanks for the interest.
Nairaland is a forum not your personal blog. Anyone can answer questions. Hope you get that into your head.

Thanks as you contribute meaningfully to the thread.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by system21: 6:00am On Jan 29
Tinubu government is calamity upon Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by gidgiddy: 6:10am On Jan 29
As I always say, it doesn't matter if you are Batified, Atikulated or Obidient

We will all suffer equally

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by DesChyko: 6:32am On Jan 29
Slytiger:

Nairaland is a forum not your personal blog. Anyone can answer questions.

I asked a direct question on a graphic I needed clarification on. You did not answer my question. Rather you quoted a question I asked on a graphic to ask me a question on the same graphic provided by another I am yet to get an answer to.

It's a forum, not my personal blog, why asking me to clarify you on what someone else shared?

1 Like

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Lanretoye(m): 6:35am On Jan 29
sheggsliveth:

Not supporting the inflation of dollar, but you need to stop the statement that hungry they wire them for Lagos...I guess you never been to Lagos both Island and mainland they never stop working
no dollar is 300 naira in theur own village so it doesnt affect them,its only yorubas in lagos that are being affected.their igwe that turned to a cab driver is a yoruba man too,ask them which job they are doing and you see that most of these people complaining about exchange rates dont have a job,so they feel exchange rate is the reason for their misfortune.
Some fools will still tell you that they make their money in dollars,yet they be complainjng about high rates.
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:49am On Jan 29
blacknp:
Una done enter one chance because of your lazy mindedness, & lack of innovation.

Blaming the President, yet nothing you can show of value that you added to the economy, just waiting for economic magic from Abuja.

Be waiting for dollar to be equal to the Naira.

I thought I read some innovative thought from you until I got to this, psychophancy is a bad disease.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Nyouth: 6:56am On Jan 29
Slytiger:
Ps: official rate is still at: 901 naira.
If you decide to buy at 1500 naira from BDC because you are desperate to spend dollars, well that's your prerogative.
if the 901 rate are you proud of the exchange

1 Like

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by quadraheem(m): 6:57am On Jan 29
This OP must be a mischief maker. Why are you trying to speculate for further increment when you know the fact that it hasn’t reached #1500?
This is how some people take advantage of information like this and hike the cost of exchange.
At least, be patriotic for once!

1 Like

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by maasoap(m): 6:57am On Jan 29
Enugurangers:

What type of economics links exchange rate to loss of 1/3rd of value of local house, property or car? Do you spend dollars in Nigeria. I.e change naira to dollars then spend?

You also sprinkled a good amount of tribalism to your post. I am suprised no one called you out on that.

That's the sole reason he created the thread, na dia way, why wasting energy engaging them?
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Bobloco: 7:07am On Jan 29
ednut1:
The North won Tinubu the election tho. Come 2027 they will still vote him because El Rufia is waiting for 2031

No, he won't get the overwhelmingly large number of votes he got the last time, though he might still win.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Maxxim: 7:13am On Jan 29
Slytiger:
Naira is settling to it's real value. The government can't keep backing and padding the naira artificially with billions of dollars every year so that some rich people can send their kids to school abroad, buy homes abroad, import overpriced items from the abroad to sell in Nigeria e.t.c.

A video from one year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puCuLn0JmT4?si=BLtnvWeivxFsj44G
Why is it only the parallel rate, why is the official rate still same?

Why is there no accessibility to the official rate, the government still playing the same game as of the past. It's even worst this time cos the black market keep increasing everyday

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Bobloco: 7:29am On Jan 29
Slytiger:
[b]Naira is settling to it's real value. [/b]The government can't keep backing and padding the naira artificially with billions of dollars every year so that some rich people can send their kids to school abroad, buy homes abroad, import overpriced items from the abroad to sell in Nigeria e.t.c.

A video from one year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puCuLn0JmT4?si=BLtnvWeivxFsj44G

And whats the real value of the naira

The official exchange rate or the manipulated black market exchange rate

1 Like

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Ance4Liverpool: 7:41am On Jan 29
blacknp:
Una done enter one chance because of your lazy mindedness, & lack of innovation.

Blaming the President, yet nothing you can show of value that you added to the economy, just waiting for economic magic from Abuja.

And who told you am a daft like you, my prayers for you is for God to treat you and your family the way tinibu is treating Nigerians in Jesus name amen

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Promise748: 8:08am On Jan 29
As a student who enjoys writing, I've been facing challenges with it. Right now, I made a mistake by uploading the wrong file to Amazon KDP, and I need to take it down before they suspend my account. Unfortunately, I don't have enough data to fix this issue. I'm reaching out to Nairalanders for help with just 100 naira for data, which would really make a difference for me.

OPAY

That account is empty nothing is there, I really need help desperately
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Seunpapa65: 8:28am On Jan 29
What I know is that we never spoil this country finish next election I go personally campaign for APC we go spoil this country kpatakpata
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by FirmTR(m): 8:32am On Jan 29
blacknp:
You go wait tire, I dey make my money in euros in the jungle of Lagos Nigeria, the higher the euros & the beating of your Naira, the better for me.

How about your relatives in rural areas, don't you have compassion for them regarding the state of the economy?

1 Like

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by michlins(m): 8:58am On Jan 29
blacknp:
Ask any of them to tell you how much foreign exchange they made to help the Nigerian Naira, or their States & Local Governments made from exportation of commodities based on their comparative advantages?

Lackadaisical Minded nation of people, una go wail & wait tire, keep doing the same sanctimonious waffle since 1970, but expecting a different outcome.

Nonsense, they want the Federal government to keep subsidizing foreign exchange for them from the foreign reserve it generated from oil & gas receipts?
export what exactly?

We do not have comparative advantage to export. Raw materials are sourced abroad and priced at international rates due to dollar.

To be able to take advantage of the exchange rates, Nigeria should have access to cheap raw materials, steady and cheap power supply, cheap transportation.

All of those factors are charged at dollar rates so it drives the total cost of production higher than what it should be.

If you do anything production, you should know these things and not drink the Kool aid supplied by propaganda agencies and people.

My work before has almost tripped on production costs

1 Like

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Birniwa(m): 11:40am On Jan 29
Slytiger:
Ps: official rate is still at: 901 naira.
If you decide to buy at 1500 naira from BDC because you are desperate to spend dollars, well that's your prerogative.

I will pay you N1000 for each $1, can you please get me just $10,000 at that your price?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Jlow2: 11:51am On Jan 29
In a sane country you can not be president with less than 50% vote win, even our little brothers Liberia knows that that why they had a rerun when nobody got 50% vote, tinubu became president with less than 38% vote , despite coming from the incumbent party , which means he is not popular.
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Hellonearth: 12:04pm On Jan 29
blacknp:

It will reach everybody including your slowpoke father
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Gerrard59(m): 12:58pm On Jan 29
nairalanda1:
Years of not being an exporter of manufactured goods and services brought us here.

At the end of the day, nations with strong currencies are exporters of manufactured goods and services. Nations like NIgeria that rely on oil, aren't.

Relative to the dollar? No. South Korea and Japan are good examples of countries with weak curreiences yet are major exporters.

Nigeria does not need a strong currency. Countries with strong currencies tend to have smaller populations and/or massive natural resources.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by nairalanda1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 29
Gerrard59:

Relative to the dollar? No. South Korea and Japan are good examples of countries with weak curreiences yet are major exporters.

Nigeria does not need a strong currency. Countries with strong currencies tend to have smaller populations and/or massive natural resources.

They can afford weak currencies because they actually export.

We can't because we don't export...and we do not export manufactured goods.

If we were exporting manufactured things...we could weaken our currency, and earn more

Anyway, the won and the yen are better than our naira.

(Though I kind of agree with you, we want a strong naira because it makes it easier to afford our fave imported things.).
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by ibrahimadesewa2: 3:52pm On Jan 29
the thing go still touch you just chill..the thing go still touch you just chill.....
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by lastkingsman: 6:53pm On Jan 29
ednut1:

Tinubu will not hand over to El Rufai
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by ednut1(m): 6:59pm On Jan 29
lastkingsman:

Tinubu will not hand over to El Rufai
he will hand over to you?
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Paraman: 7:07pm On Jan 29
Is too small sef... When will it get to #2500/$?
Re: Naira Is Now 1500 Naira by Paraman: 7:09pm On Jan 29
nairalanda1:

They can afford weak currencies because they actually export.

We can't because we don't export...and we do not export manufactured goods.

If we were exporting manufactured things...we could weaken our currency, and earn more

Anyway, the won and the yen are better than our naira.

(Though I kind of agree with you, we want a strong naira because it makes it easier to afford our fave imported things.).
What finish manufacturing things is Namibia, Zambia and Botswana exporting that makes their currency solid against the dollar?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware Of Local Courier Companies In Nigeria / Where To Buy Gold & Clothes In Rome Italy.(don't Know What Section To Post This) / Two Nigerians In Forbes' ‘Ten Young African Millionaires To Watch' List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.