Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,672 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex (8965 Views)

FG Secures Court Leave To Bring Nine New Grounds Against Kanu’s Release / Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike / FG Secures Senator Nwaoboshi's Arrest Warrant Over Diversion Of N3.48bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by Biodun556(m): 10:40am On Jan 29
OkoEmm:

I come in peace.

This project has very little input from Tinubu. I'm familiar with project and the Promoters. The Okoja man that runs the company has been working on this project for over 7 years.

I still remember when he was hustling to get approval from Okowas government.

Federal govt owns water. without fg approval and contribution it may never become reality

Kudos to everyone involved. The state govts should be up and doing. Many things can be done with little contribution from federal govt
Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by stasius: 10:55am On Jan 29
If this happens then Nigeria is good.

If it happens
Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by Ekugbeh(m): 11:06am On Jan 29
TimeManager:
Will Delta Government be able to fulfil its own end of the bargain. Hopefully, the project is not dragged into a intra political mess, Ijaws seem to be the biggest gainers, will itshekiris, Urhobos, and others support this project?. We watch.

-kiss the truth!

the Delta State govt has given them all the necessary support before 2015 election.
Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by ElSudani: 12:08pm On Jan 29
TheBillyonaire:
$27b investment for 99 years without any Equity ownership by Nigeria by a Nigerian Company apart from generating employment? Does FG know that robots operate ports 100% except few c;leaners and luggage handlers?

This is not a good deal. Who is the Nigeria partner, and what are the ownership stakes?

It doesn't take 27 billion dollars to build a seaport. It is obviously more than just a seaport.
Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by YourMrBoo: 12:18pm On Jan 29
TimeManager:
Will Delta Government be able to fulfil its own end of the bargain. Hopefully, the project is not dragged into a intra political mess, Ijaws seem to be the biggest gainers, will itshekiris, Urhobos, and others support this project?. We watch.

-kiss the truth!

Oga rest, Nigeria will benefit
Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by TheBillyonaire: 12:45pm On Jan 29
ElSudani:

It doesn't take 27 billion dollars to build a seaport. It is obviously more than just a seaport.

So the write up is not completely accurate. right?
Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by ElSudani: 1:03pm On Jan 29
TheBillyonaire:

So the write up is not completely accurate. right?

I don't know, if Lekki Deep Seaport is only 1.5 billion then what is being proposed for 28 billion dollars cannot be just a Seaport. Perhaps the whole story is not true.

1 Like

Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by TheBillyonaire: 1:05pm On Jan 29
ElSudani:

I don't know, if Lekki Deep Seaport is only 1.5 billion then what is being proposed for 28 billion dollars cannot be just a Seaport. Perhaps the whole story is not true.
Yes, it does not make sense, that is why I needed to see the equity for such investment and the Nigeria partner on the deal for track record. Using inactive SPV for FDI is almost always for fraudulent intentions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by OkoEmm: 1:13pm On Jan 29
Biodun556:

Federal govt owns water. without fg approval and contribution it may never become reality

Kudos to everyone involved. The state govts should be up and doing. Many things can be done with little contribution from federal govt

I totally agree with you. I hope the project would be a reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by athaboi(f): 2:11pm On Jan 29
TimeManager:

Why did you then say seaport instead of dry port?. You don't know the difference between a seaport and a dry port yet you open your mouth proudly ignorantly. Better face your studies in school.

-kiss the truth!

you are a daft obviously, I don't reply fools
Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by ChiefOkporghe: 3:33pm On Jan 29
Kenochi:
You cannot give what you don't have,this is what people like me have been clamouring for
Nigeria will never develop until we begin to maximize the advantage given to us by nature
We have good weather, good soil that can grow anything and a teeming population that is eager to work
This project should have been established probably 25 years ago but it is still okay to start today,when we tell people that the biggest Legacy left in Lagos was the Free Trade Zone project which has now become the Biggest Industrial Hub in West Africa,I am equally excited by this new project
I strongly advise the people of Delta state to take ownership of the project,there is nothing that stops a Refinery from being built in that kind of Location
Industrialization will start one step at a time and I am really hoping that this project will not be abandoned
I pray that other States will maximize what they have,nothing stops our brothers and sisters in the North Central from creating an Agricultural Industrial Zone that will process what they produce
It just takes someone with a large heart who sees the future to start such projects that will benefit generations yet unborn
Still selling,good properties with good titles at Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub
Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by MeineMutter: 6:24pm On Jan 29
athaboi:
That reminds me...all those unfounded dry inland port in Niger state that buhari commissioned that year, what is going on there now?? Is a pity to be a Nigeria bcoz of her visionless leaders

😁😁. Dry port? Everything has dried out, including that of Ekiti, Oyo and Ogun State.

Our governors are thei.ves.
Re: FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex by Konquest: 9:18pm On Jan 29
AnonPoet:

EIDB International agrees to finance $27.29billion Escravos Seaport project

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/eidb-international-agrees-to-finance-27-29billion-escravos-seaport-project/amp/
That's a capital intensive project.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyebanji Unveils β‚¦β€Ž12 Billion Economic Relief Programme / Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport / A Tanker Carrying Fuel Fell Close To Lagos Toll Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.