Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate (19579 Views)

Tinubu Swore In Serving NYSC Member, Hannatu Musawa As Minister / Hannatu Musawa Weeps During Senate Screening, Says She Comes From Poor Family / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Wallade(m): 10:52am On Jan 29
Hedonisco:

Is this a new police? Since when? Because for a long time, including during my own service year, I used to see old corpers who are clearly over 40 in camp. The explanation has always been that they graduated years ago but only just got mobilised to serve.

If you see older persons serving during NYSC, it means they falsified their ages or NYSC decided to compromise on the requirements of the act that established NYSC

1 Like

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by nedekid: 10:52am On Jan 29
In all this, the one that amazes me is how Kenny ogumbe could be 53. Howwww? Man that was atleast in his late 30s when we were in our early 20s.
Now he is claiming few years older.
No be juju be that?

3 Likes

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Wallade(m): 10:53am On Jan 29
DeOTR:

That's true. You can still serve several years later provided you graduated before you turned 30.

No! What you are entitled to get is an exemption from NYSC service.

Simple!

1 Like

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Chicagograduate(m): 10:54am On Jan 29
They bought their NYSC certificates with huge sums of money.The DG of NYSC should be prosecuted
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by BoldBrainz(m): 10:56am On Jan 29
Hedonisco:

Is this a new police? Since when? Because for a long time, including during my own service year, I used to see old corpers who are clearly over 40 in camp. The explanation has always been that they graduated years ago but only just got mobilised to serve.

What you have long known and considered to be appropriate behaviour is actually an illegality.

Even if you graduate at the age of 20 and don't do your clearance which is to culminate in mobilisation for Service beyond age 30, you're no longer eligible to serve but should be issued an exemption certificate.

We're just so used to normalising lawlessness to the point we're even losing sight of what's right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Halogenabdul(m): 10:56am On Jan 29
EverythingPhone:
cool
I track lost or stolen mobile phones or devices at an affordable price a trial will convince you
Contact me on WhatsApp via siggy below
how can I reach you??
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Chicagograduate(m): 10:56am On Jan 29
nedekid:
In all this, the one that amazes me is how Kenny ogumbe could be 53. Howwww? Man that was atleast in his late 30s when we were in our early 20s.
Now he is claiming few years older.
No be juju be that?
Celebrities falsify their age.Do you believe that Wizkid is older than Burna boy?

2 Likes

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Chicagograduate(m): 10:57am On Jan 29
Halogenabdul:
how can I reach you??
Becareful of fraudster.
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:58am On Jan 29
Hedonisco:

I stand to be corrected, but they forged their ages... Met some of them at Nasarawa
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by yemex04(m): 10:59am On Jan 29
Wallade:

That is not true. Once you are above the admissible age at filing for call-up, you are expected to get an exemption from NYSC service.

Mind you, an exemption still qualifies you for private or public service and government appointments.

He is right & you are wrong. NYSC reckons with Age at Graduation for mobilization. If you were below 30 at Graduation, you will be mobilized for NYSC even 30 years after..Infact, you are not suppose to get employed with your degree certificate till you acquire the NYSC certificate. NYSC is compulsory for every Nigerian that graduated before the Age of 30!

1 Like

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Babangidapikin: 11:00am On Jan 29
https://www.nairaland.com/7876027/music-executive-kenny-ogungbe-sign

he said he graduate before 30 at 25 so he claim to be eligible ... I think what is important is the interpretation of English .. What do the law says ..can anyone be kind to state it ..

looks like another ..and FCT episode ...

NYSC is more of physical endurance and intellectual endurance . I pray the Court rule in favour of Mr Kenny ..so as to trash away all this limitations we put in the way of people. We might come to the world at the same ..we sure not living at the same time ...
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:01am On Jan 29
The real NBA? Nothing better to do? Devaluation taunts us everywhere.
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by waziri4biz: 11:05am On Jan 29
EverythingPhone:
cool
I track lost or stolen mobile phones or devices at an affordable price a trial will convince you
Contact me on WhatsApp via siggy below
Drop your contact please
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Blitzking: 11:11am On Jan 29
2mercy:

https://punchng.com/nba-sues-kenny-ogungbe-culture-minister-over-nysc-certificate/?amp
Nigeria is a lawless country..there are many state house of assembly members, ministers, senators and governors who didn't do the nysc yet are occupying office.
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by BlueRayDick: 11:11am On Jan 29
yemex04:

He is right & you are wrong. NYSC reckons with Age at Graduation for mobilization. If you were below 30 at Graduation, you will be mobilized for NYSC even 30 years after..Infact, you are not suppose to get employed with your degree certificate till you acquire the NYSC certificate. NYSC is compulsory for every Nigerian that graduated before the Age of 30!

U think the NBA(An association of Legal practitioners) who are suing them and the NYSC didn't go through the law before instituting a suit ?

Anybody u see who is older than 30 undergoing NYSC clearly falsified their age. I met them in camp while I was serving too.

1 Like

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Wallade(m): 11:19am On Jan 29
yemex04:

Can you prove that "NYSC reckons with Age at Graduation for mobilization and you will be mobilized for NYSC even 30 years after graduation" by referencing and quoting the NYSC act, not what you think?

NYSC issues service certificates to participants and NYSC also issues exemption certificates to those who are above 30 years old.

You only need the NYSC certificate or NYSC exemption certificate or letter to get a job with both public and private organizations in Nigeria and to get government appointments.

Open up your mind and learn, stop talking thrash on public media space.
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:24am On Jan 29
YOU BANNED ME WITHOUT SPELLING OUT THE REASON(S). NA YOU KNOW OOO.
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Demigod22: 11:24am On Jan 29
I don't understand why some people evade NYSC till the dying minutes. With the corruption that people easily relocate, work their PPA, what's the big deal? When I was posted to village in Rivers State, I was disappointed, but it turned out to be more fun than I imagined.
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Jostoman: 11:25am On Jan 29
femi4:
Lolz...corruption per excellence.

Baba Keke is ready for politics
you get it.
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Wised(m): 11:26am On Jan 29
Hedonisco:

Is this a new policy? Since when? Because for a long time, including during my own service year, I used to see old corpers who are clearly over 40 in camp. The explanation has always been that they graduated years ago but only just got mobilised to serve.

During my service too I know of a woman who was like 57 years of age.

1 Like

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Tochi3(m): 11:29am On Jan 29
..this is the nonsence a thief & a drug criminal will allow in Nigeria..

Parapo appointments.. drug lords are never interested in due process or interested
in requisite qualification..they just do things anyhow they like..

..Check every appointees of the drug gang..you will find out that almost all of them are not qualified for the positions they occupy..& they expect the country to do well..

..very wicked & tribalistic Set of manhood standers..
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by yemex04(m): 11:30am On Jan 29
Babangidapikin:
https://www.nairaland.com/7876027/music-executive-kenny-ogungbe-sign

he said he graduate before 30 at 25 so he claim to be eligible ... I think what is important is the interpretation of English .. What do the law says ..can anyone be kind to state it ..

looks like another ..and FCT episode ...

NYSC is more of physical endurance and intellectual endurance . I pray the Court rule in favour of Mr Kenny ..so as to trash away all this limitations we put in the way of people. We might come to the world at the same ..we sure not living at the same time ...

@bolded
Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, with effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall not be called upon to serve in the service corps if; at the date of his graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualificatio
he is over the age of thirty

he has served in the armed forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months
he is member of staff of any of the following, that is
the Nigerian Security Organisation
the State Security Service
the National Intelligence Agency
the Defence Intelligence Service
he has been conferred with any National Honour.
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Enice(m): 11:30am On Jan 29
festacman:
In as much as Keke Ogungbe, after studying in US, started off self-employed as co-owners of highly successful Kennies Music label, he could have smartly used the period he worked for his brother-in-law Raymond Dokpesi's DAAR Communications as an opportunity to tie up his NYSC loose ends.

He was a bit short-sighted there given how smart he is. May be he never anticipated he will one day got involved in politics.

In any case, I doubt if he committed any offense by still undergoing NYSC because he was within the age limit at the time he graduated.

since you know that he was within the age limit at the time he graduated, why mak such rubbish comments as being short sighted and all that? The law does not require one to have an NYSC certificate for you to become a politician or political appointee, so he may has done it to spite some people
The law says so long as you were within the age limit as at the time of graduation, you must go for NYSC. Even if you delay it for 20 years
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by YaksonFCA(m): 11:38am On Jan 29
YOU ONLY NEED EVIDENCE OF EDUCATION UPTILL SECONDARY SCHOOL TO BECOME PRESIDENT. SO A MINISTER WITH BSC WITHOUT NYSC CERTIFICATE IS QUALIFIED TO SERVE IN ANY PUBLIC OFFICE IN NIGERIA. IN THE CASE OF PETER MBAH AND LABOUR PARTY, IT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED THE POSSESSION OF NYSC CERTIFICATE IS NOT A PREREQUISITE FOR HOLDING OFFICE IN NIGERIA.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, ELIGIBLITY FOR ENROLLING FOR NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE IS THE AGE AS AT THE TIME OF GRADUATION. WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL OLD FOREIGN TRAININED GRADUATE WHO DID NYSC AFTER THEIR MASTERS PROGRAM AND ABOVE 30 YEARS OF AGE

1 Like

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by DeOTR: 11:39am On Jan 29
Wallade:

No! What you are entitled to get is an exemption from NYSC service.

Simple!
That's for people that graduated after 30 years.
I went to Finland after my first degree. I came back to serve when I was 32, so I'm talking to you as someone who went through the same process. Except of course if they've changed the law since that time, which I doubt.

1 Like

Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Babangidapikin: 11:42am On Jan 29
yemex04:

Thank you .. The law is very clear and unambiguous here , why NBA wan waste money dey sue Mr Kenny ...

@bolded
Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, with effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall not be called upon to serve in the service corps if; at the date of his graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualificatio

he has served in the armed forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months
the Defence Intelligence Service
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Svoboda(m): 11:43am On Jan 29
festacman:
In as much as Keke Ogungbe, after studying in US, started off self-employed as co-owners of highly successful Kennies Music label, he could have smartly used the period he worked for his brother-in-law Raymond Dokpesi's DAAR Communications as an opportunity to tie up his NYSC loose ends.

He was a bit short-sighted there given how smart he is. May be he never anticipated he will one day got involved in politics.

In any case, I doubt if he committed any offense by still undergoing NYSC because he was within the age limit at the time he graduated.

What does he even need it for? If its politics, he can conveniebtly lower his qualification by submitting sec. Sch.
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Jman06(m): 11:45am On Jan 29
Wallade:

That is not true. Once you are above the admissible age at filing for call-up, you are expected to get an exemption from NYSC service.

Mind you, an exemption still qualifies you for private or public service and government appointments.
It is not what you think but what the law says that matters in this case, and the law made it clear that the only condition under which one is not eligible for mobilization for NYSC is if one graduated after 30years of age.

If the Minister and the other guy can prove that they graduated on or before 30yrs of age, then it's case closed. I'm sure the NBA of all people understand this. Maybe some people just want to intimidate the minister small.
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by Wallade(m): 11:48am On Jan 29
DeOTR:

That's for people that graduated after 30 years.
I went to Finland after my first degree. I came back to serve when I was 32, so I'm talking to you as someone who went through the same process. Except of course if they've changed the law since that time, which I doubt.

I am also talking to you from my experience point of view too. I got an exemption from NYSC service because I was above 30 years of age when my Alma mater filed our documents.

That act was not very explicit on the age matter hence the reason a few, in connivance with NYSC exploit it to their advantage.

I believe that is the reason the lawyers (SANs) are filing the case in court to have the court establish clarity on that age and eligibility confusion.

Otherwise, why do some falsify their age to qualify for NYSC service?
Re: NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate by yemex04(m): 11:50am On Jan 29
Wallade:

Can you prove that "NYSC reckons with Age at Graduation for mobilization, and you will be mobilized for NYSC even 30 years after graduation" by referencing and quoting the NYSC act, not what you think?

Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, with effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall not be called upon to serve in the service corps if; at the date of his graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification -

the Defense Intelligence Service

The emboldened was clearly explained in the NYSC HANDBOOK given to all NYSC members during the Orientation, I was given one in my service year though now misplaced. You can fact check.

NYSC issues service certificates to participants and NYSC also issues exemption certificates to those who are above 30 years old.

You only need the NYSC certificate or NYSC exemption certificate or letter to get a job with both public and private organizations in Nigeria and to get government appointments.

Open up your mind and learn, stop talking thrash on public media space.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate / Group Faults Muric’s Position On Appointments Made By Ekitigovernment / Cracks In Ondo PDP As Five Governors Back Ajayi’s ZLP Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.