Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,494 members, 7,843,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Lecturing Job Connections: Nairalanders, Am I About To Be Scammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lecturing Job Connections: Nairalanders, Am I About To Be Scammed (187 Views)

Watch Prof Soludo Lecturing APC Governors In Kaduna (video) / Hushippupi: Our Members Connections With The Fraudster Was Fabricated - PDP / Abubakar Shekau Before Boko Haram As Rare Video Of Him Lecturing Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturing Job Connections: Nairalanders, Am I About To Be Scammed by Stupidanimal: 12:58pm On Jan 29
I posted this in the education thread but visibility has been poor, please let me hear your input.

A man asked my dad to bring an undisclosed amount of money for a lecturing connections in one of the Federal Polytechnics in the South - I would not disclose the school.

For context, I went with my father to the Polytechnic that day and the man is, as perceived, one of the big shots in the school. Maybe the Dean or something - I don't know the hierarchy strata of Polytechnics

But the problem is, the man made it clear to us that certain courses would have to be accredited first. and then when the courses have been successfully accredited, they would push my name for final screening and final employment. He made it clear though that the final decision is not his.

I didn't object there, but later having thought about it, I saw all shades of wrong in the man's statement and would appreciate your input. I used to think that you first get your teachers ready, on ground, in addition to the other demands you might be required to meet in the accreditation process. I don't think it is accreditation first then lecturers, it should be lecturers and other things in the accreditation process. After all, what is an accreditation? Is it not an exercise to verify that you are up to the task and can deliver academically? Or am I wrong?

I have not told my father that I think he's getting scammed and should count me out. I made it clear to him several times that employees in government institutions do not hire or even have the ability, but he has rebuffed me several times claiming that a university registrar (or an equivalent in a Polytechnic) does, or at least forwards the names for final employment. You don't get job connecting with people at employee level especially in government institutions. If they have the connect or are able to do it themselves, then they themselves wouldn't be working there, or am I wrong? I would appreciate your input.

1 Like

Re: Lecturing Job Connections: Nairalanders, Am I About To Be Scammed by Mrvictorwrite(m): 1:01pm On Jan 29
Wow this is fine

bring your assignment
Re: Lecturing Job Connections: Nairalanders, Am I About To Be Scammed by suleimanshehu: 7:26pm On Jan 29
Stupidanimal:
I posted this in the education thread but visibility has been poor, please let me hear your input.

A man asked my dad to bring an undisclosed amount of money for a lecturing connections in one of the Federal Polytechnics in the South - I would not disclose the school.

For context, I went with my father to the Polytechnic that day and the man is, as perceived, one of the big shots in the school. Maybe the Dean or something - I don't know the hierarchy strata of Polytechnics

But the problem is, the man made it clear to us that certain courses would have to be accredited first. and then when the courses have been successfully accredited, they would push my name for final screening and final employment. He made it clear though that the final decision is not his.

I didn't object there, but later having thought about it, I saw all shades of wrong in the man's statement and would appreciate your input. I used to think that you first get your teachers ready, on ground, in addition to the other demands you might be required to meet in the accreditation process. I don't think it is accreditation first then lecturers, it should be lecturers and other things in the accreditation process. After all, what is an accreditation? Is it not an exercise to verify that you are up to the task and can deliver academically? Or am I wrong?

I have not told my father that I think he's getting scammed and should count me out. I made it clear to him several times that employees in government institutions do not hire or even have the ability, but he has rebuffed me several times claiming that a university registrar (or an equivalent in a Polytechnic) does, or at least forwards the names for final employment. You don't get job connecting with people at employee level especially in government institutions. If they have the connect or are able to do it themselves, then they themselves wouldn't be working there, or am I wrong? I would appreciate your input.
Though, your concerns are very valid, your dad wants what is best for you. If it is one of the new Fedpoly they are indeed in need of Academic staff. However, unlike before federal tertiary institutions nowadays don't have the sole autonomy to employ their manpower, they have to apply through the federal ministry of education, Office of the Head of service of the federation, office of the accountant general of the federation, national board for technical education i.e. in the case of polytechnic, while National University commission in the case of Universities. Employment in Nigeria this days is all about taking risk especially if you don't have direct political connection or some body working in strategic establishment like NUC, TETFUND, Federal Ministry of Education etc. If the money is not that much, you can take the risk, but put it behind your mind that whether you get the job or not, it is the will of God.
Re: Lecturing Job Connections: Nairalanders, Am I About To Be Scammed by suleimanshehu: 7:31pm On Jan 29
In the main time apart from connection to get lecturing job, try and develop yourself academically by at least pursuing Your Masters degree, also, try and make publication of your research in a reputable journals at least try and have 3-5 research publications, you will an advantage over others in a competitive academic job offer or recruitment. Wishing you all the best.

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Orders Reaccreditation Of Over 6,500 Vigilante Personnel, Moves To Boost / The 2 African Countries That Was Never Colonized By Europeans / Lagos Govt To Move Computer Village From Ikeja To Kantangora, Abule Egba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.