Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

"Alert: My Unfortunate Encounter With A Nairaland Web Developer - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / "Alert: My Unfortunate Encounter With A Nairaland Web Developer (499 Views)

Most Nairaland Web Builders Are Not Reliable / Experiences With Nairaland Web Designers / Before You Hire A Nairaland Web Designer Please Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Alert: My Unfortunate Encounter With A Nairaland Web Developer by nnamdiosu(m): 2:00pm On Jan 31
Ok...so looking at both stories, I think this is an issue of lack of communication from the developer's side.

I've read the messages from both sides and realize it's just a case of two good people not understanding themselves . To be frank, both sides are actually mature and seem to be of a good heart, just some communication issues.

Dhatgirl has a right to feel this way, and maybe post this because she felt the developer was posting her . However THIS ISNT AN ISSUE OF SCAM. A delayed work isn't scam.

Developer probably couldn't deliver as agreed because of the issues facing him.

Dhatgirl could you kindly give developer a bit more time to get his acts together and probably start the work? Or developer would you get a friend or someone you can vouch for to finish the work (since you aren't in the right frame of mind), then when you get paid you share with him?

In as much as we sympathize with you, business is business, contingency.plans should be effected.

If you guys need someone to mediate in, let me know. This can be resolved amicably.

1 Like

Re: "Alert: My Unfortunate Encounter With A Nairaland Web Developer by Dhatgirl: 6:12pm On Jan 31
nnamdiosu:
Ok...so looking at both stories, I think this is an issue of lack of communication from the developer's side.

I've read the messages from both sides and realize it's just a case of two good people not understanding themselves . To be frank, both sides are actually mature and seem to be of a good heart, just some communication issues.

Dhatgirl has a right to feel this way, and maybe post this because she felt the developer was posting her . However THIS ISNT AN ISSUE OF SCAM. A delayed work isn't scam.

Developer probably couldn't deliver as agreed because of the issues facing him.

Dhatgirl could you kindly give developer a bit more time to get his acts together and probably start the work? Or developer would you get a friend or someone you can vouch for to finish the work (since you aren't in the right frame of mind), then when you get paid you share with him?

In as much as we sympathize with you, business is business, contingency.plans should be effected.

If you guys need someone to mediate in, let me know. This can be resolved amicably.

I never called anyone a scammer. I simply posted my experience which as I predicted correctly sparked a response from him almost immediately. Same person I've been trying to reach out to for weeks.
Nevertheless, he still came here playing the pity card and trying to make me look bad for not sympathising with him and his situation.
A situation I never knew about untill the day I posted this.
Regardless of whatever he may be going through like you said, he ought to have been accessible rather than ignoring calls then picking up unknown numbers.
I'm not that dishonest and I never expected this from him.

Telling me he can't start the job till 3 days time and completion will take 2 months.
Whereas he was telling my other number he could start the job in 30 minutes after claiming he didn't have his PC. What PC would he have used then?

If he has communicated properly rather than ignoring and declining my calls and texts, we wouldn't have gotten to this point. I'm an extremely patient person when it comes to dealing with people not to talk of persons that I've worked with.

I've gone through something similar with a guy I ordered something from on NL. The delivery was delayed by 3 months from the initial date of supposed delivery. I never came on here to post anything because he was extremely responsive.

I do appreciate and respect your response. Thank you.
Re: "Alert: My Unfortunate Encounter With A Nairaland Web Developer by nnamdiosu(m): 6:59pm On Jan 31
Dhatgirl:

I never called anyone a scammer. I simply posted my experience which as I predicted correctly sparked a response from him almost immediately. Same person I've been trying to reach out to for weeks.
Nevertheless, he still came here playing the pity card and trying to make me look bad for not sympathising with him and his situation.
A situation I never knew about untill the day I posted this.
Regardless of whatever he may be going through like you said, he ought to have been accessible rather than ignoring calls then picking up unknown numbers.
I'm not that dishonest and I never expected this from him.

Telling me he can't start the job till 3 days time and completion will take 2 months.
Whereas he was telling my other number he could start the job in 30 minutes after claiming he didn't have his PC. What PC would he have used then?

If he has communicated properly rather than ignoring and declining my calls and texts, we wouldn't have gotten to this point. I'm an extremely patient person when it comes to dealing with people not to talk of persons that I've worked with.

I've gone through something similar with a guy I ordered something from on NL. The delivery was delayed by 3 months from the initial date of supposed delivery. I never came on here to post anything because he was extremely responsive.

I do appreciate and respect your response. Thank you.

Dhatgirl sorry I misunderstood...I now see you didn't call him a scammer.

I totally understand you. No one will feel happy if you pay for a project and it doesn't get delivered as agreed.

At this point, I believe the developer should choose from the list of options I proposed so we can all know what we the next stage is.

Sorry about the stress. Everything will be fine. Cheers

1 Like

Re: "Alert: My Unfortunate Encounter With A Nairaland Web Developer by online4business: 4:58am On Feb 01
You didn't communicate for weeks and someone call you out and in less than 24 hour you react... IT'S more red flag than a communist party flag.

Whatever problems you've communicate with your clients tell them how things be... Is that too hard to do.

Your clients no be mind reader.

Pity party no dey work.

I'm presently in Uganda. The day government officials came to visit me I send all my clients an email

hey I'll not be able to fulfill my obligations with reasons and also give the Uganda officials emails of clients telling them they are at will to message the client because it'll also affect them too.

I collect my money before I write one word.

Always communicate to avoid labels...

Wish your wife quick recovery.

2 Likes

Re: "Alert: My Unfortunate Encounter With A Nairaland Web Developer by PawsitiveBro(m): 8:31am On Feb 01
To those silly insensitive alternative monikers that are deviating from the main topic, I pray you all be scammed or dribbled like this in future.
So because his wife is sick, the op should not call him out or what? You guys are very stvvpiid!

You refused picking your calls or communicating with your clients for a month, and you think they should be happy with you? God doesn't answer prayers from a dishonest fellow. You want God to help you with your wife's situation, but you are holding another person's money and playing the victim card with her.

Hey web designer, you either do the work or refund that lady's money or you will suffer and not know peace with your wife too.

Why didn't you explain these problems to your clients before now?
So if this lady didn't create this thread, that's how you'll continue to ignore her? Ewu!

Nobody can emotionally blackmail me with the wife's health. If you had explain vividly to your clients and they didn't agree, that one is a different ball game. But since you failed to do that and you have been avoiding their calls, you are a scammer, and scammers don't deserve pity.

1 Like

Re: "Alert: My Unfortunate Encounter With A Nairaland Web Developer by Metly: 10:21am On Feb 01
You guys are acting like this guy is not scammer , going through the thread I can't boldly tell you this guy can forge lie die ,go and report him to the nearest police station and snap all the transaction and go to.nearest bank they will block his bank account ,

Lady don't tell scammer sorry he his simply playing with your emotions " the guy created so many monikers just to reply the thread"

The people supporting him are him
Don't fall for his useless logic

Mind this guy just snap person wife they use am lie

If you check the last thread he scammed someone he lied that they use machete to collect his phone ,

Same logic , see post all the payment transactions and his bank details here make I report am self

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Your Two Favourite Nigrian Sites? / And How Do You Arbiter Cosmetics On Ordinary And Not Just. / Finally! You Can Get Cheap Domain Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.