Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. (2601 Views)

Whatever You Do, Avoid Airtel Mifi Sim. / 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by searchng4love: 5:31pm On Jan 29
Money must be well spent in this economy.

Samsung phones new or UK used are far better.

I'm not a fan of the iPhones.

4 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by searchng4love: 5:32pm On Jan 29
Be wise

Rapsowdee01:
Guys...

Good evening.

My Redmi Note 10 Pro screen all of a sudden just had these white & different colour vertical lines over the screen and they've refused to go.

I reached out to a phone engineer and he mentioned the screen has issue.

Repair is 25k naira.

Now my question is that is it advisable to spend such to fix the screen (which obviously isn't same as the follow-come) or I should just look forward and save up for a new phone.

I got the phone immediately it launched in Nigeria in 2021 and I've had to change battery (which is giving me issue).

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Adewale1603(m): 5:40pm On Jan 29
Xiaomi phones are good phones, but their issues is with their software, bugs and bloatwares.

13 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by searchng4love: 8:16pm On Jan 29
Adewale1603:
Xiaomi phones are good phones, but their issues is with their software, bugs and bloatwares.

Summary. Bad phones

11 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Achor1111(m): 9:08pm On Jan 29
Far better than transsion

19 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Rexymania(m): 10:08pm On Jan 29
Show pictures
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Samuelojonla123(m): 10:11pm On Jan 29
Samsung to the moon cool
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Niel77: 11:13pm On Jan 29
Better than transion holdings
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Daviestunech(m): 11:13pm On Jan 29
I can never buy Samsung old flagship or newer self..

I will rather stick to xiaomi or change brand..

Me ND my friend went to ladipo warehouse to get a phone...

We both planned to get xiaomi..

We go there I picked xiaomi mi 11i negotiated ND paid 190k

My friend fell in love with the Samsung s20+... As they say everybody with him choice..he negotiated ND paid 220k

Fast-forward to today..my mi11i still feels like new phone with sleek performance nd without no regrets of purchasing it.

Guess wat my guy s20+ has already shown two green lines on the screen, my battery even last pass his own... now he's is in a confusion state., because to change Samsung screen no b here.

List of my xiaomi journey
Redmi note 6 pro
Redmi 8
Redmi 10

Now mi11i

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by seanwilliam(m): 4:18am On Jan 30
Personally, my choice has always been between iPhone and Samsung… nothing anybody one tell me,
For example I bought an iPhone 12 Pro Max used @ 540k like 3 years ago, resold it 510k recently and got a brand 14pm. And I can tell u, I never had any issues with the phone for solid 3 Years . I sold it just because the battery health dropped from 97 to 81 if not ehn, I for still dey rock am. I have a friend who’s still using his s21 5g he bought around the same time..

Truthfully , these phones are expensive and hold values, you’ll enjoy them in the long run provided you maintain am well. Just keep saving and go for quality …
Google pixel is also a solid choice too.
Apart from these, bro count me out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by searchng4love: 5:24am On Jan 30
seanwilliam:
Personally, my choice has always been between iPhone and Samsung… nothing anybody one tell me,
For example I bought an iPhone 12 Pro Max used @ 540k like 3 years ago, resold it 510k recently and got a brand 14pm. And I can tell u, I never had any issues with the phone for solid 3 Years . I sold it just because the battery health dropped from 97 to 81 if not ehn, I for still dey rock am. I have a friend who’s still using his s21 5g he bought around the same time..

Truthfully , these phones are expensive and hold values, you’ll enjoy them in the long run provided you maintain am well. Just keep saving and go for quality …
Google pixel is also a solid choice too.
Apart from these, bro count me out.
You know the truth
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by searchng4love: 5:25am On Jan 30
Daviestunech:

My friend fell in love with the Samsung s20+... As they say everybody with him choice..he negotiated ND paid 220k

Fast-forward to today..my mi11i still feels like new phone with sleek performance nd without no regrets of purchasing it.

Guess wat my guy s20+ has already shown two green lines on the screen, my battery even last pass his own... now he's is in a confusion state., because to change Samsung screen no b here.

Redmi note 6 pro
Redmi 8
Redmi 10

Now mi11i
Quite dicking around
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Olachase(m): 6:35am On Jan 30
Why is nobody talking about Sony Xperia phone's

Among android phones
Sony comes first follow by Samsung, Motorola

You see that Nokia don't go close to it na trash

Nokia c32 this phone was announced last year, the phone UIX is very poor

2 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by temmyejo: 6:40am On Jan 30
Huawei anytime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Oboto700(m): 6:45am On Jan 30
Daviestunech:

Redmi note 6 pro
Redmi 8
Redmi 10

Now mi11i
where una for dey see all this money
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Poisonousman: 6:52am On Jan 30
What we buy is not your business .. mind your business make you live till old age

2 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Talkisneeded: 7:04am On Jan 30
Oboto700:
where una for dey see all this money

You seff reason am..

Where dem dey see this money...

I sell Herbs for sexual enhancement tho
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by horlahwaley(m): 8:55am On Jan 30
Iphones will give you peace of mind and whenever you want to resell it, you might even make profit sef. Imagine xr still selling for 240k after 5 years, last year i got one for a friend for 150k, if he wants to sell now nothing less than 200k and the phone still beat todays midrange in camera
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by thesicilian: 9:15am On Jan 30
I've been using Xiaomi phone for over 3yrs now and no problem

7 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Adewale1603(m): 10:45am On Jan 30
Daviestunech:

Redmi note 6 pro
Redmi 8
Redmi 10

Now mi11i
the fact is Samsung phones are fragile, exquisite, delicate and lovely, that's why someone who is careless can't use Samsung phones successfully. Any rough handling or phone falling down from a high meter is disaster. And the display and screen technology used for mostly Samsung phones are too delicate and prone to software errors and corruption, hence the green lines or lines compromising the display. On the other hand iphones are the opposite of this, iphones are rugged and durable in the long run compared to Samsung

2 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by jacy346(f): 11:14am On Jan 30
Adewale1603:
the fact is Samsung phones are fragile, exquisite, delicate and lovely, that's why someone who is careless can't use Samsung phones successfully. Any rough handling or phone falling down from a high meter is disaster. And the display and screen technology used for mostly Samsung phones are too delicate and prone to software errors and corruption, hence the green lines or lines compromising the display. On the other hand iphones are the opposite of this, iphones are rugged and durable in the long run compared to Samsung
you didn't mention LG phones

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by ib4real95(m): 12:31pm On Jan 30
I used my Xiaomi mi a1 for almost 3 years. Sold it to my cousin and he's been using it for almost 2 years now. Currently using a Xiaomi device too. And the peace of mind it gives me is surreal

4 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by nightbuzzer: 1:34pm On Jan 30
Niel77:
Better than transion holdings
Xiaomi marketer grin grin grin Them they drag unna phones u they tag transsion ... how unna take better pass transsion?
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by nightbuzzer: 1:35pm On Jan 30
Achor1111:
Far better than transsion
A failure will always look for ways to drag others with him.. OGa them say beware of Xiaomi ....Fight for your brand rather than looking for excuses

2 Likes

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Daviestunech(m): 3:05pm On Jan 30
Adewale1603:

Funny thing is the phone had no impact at all

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by Daviestunech(m): 3:06pm On Jan 30
searchng4love:

Quite dicking around
K
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by grandstar(m): 4:32pm On Jan 30
Please flee from Gionee as well
Re: Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. by CrownOfClay724: 5:04pm On Jan 30
The attacks on Xiaomi at this point looks like a sponsored op.

It's my first time of ever using Xiaomi and I don't have a single bad thing to say about the phone.

Two months now and I have forgotten I have a power bank.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Destroy A Stolen Phone / How Do I Know If My Bb Bold 5 Is Original? / Sunrise Pictures With Infinix Note 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.