Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement (395 Views)

Which Is The Best Immigration Office For Passport Reissue? / Applying For Nigerian Visa Reissue Online / It It True That Passport Reissue Is Done Only In Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement by atheistandproud(m): 10:15am On Jan 30
Has anyone gone through this ordeal before? If yes, please how did you navigate the perils of the corruption that is the NIS?

Please any tips would be helpful. Thank you.
Re: Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement by Seunpapa65: 10:20am On Jan 30
Just try to oil some hands your own go come out fast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement by atheistandproud(m): 10:28am On Jan 30
Seunpapa65:
Just try to oil some hands your own go come out fast

I read some old posts that stated one has to go to Abuja but I also saw other comments that stated it can be done at any state. I live in Delta State so that's why I am asking.
Re: Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement by hakeem4(m): 3:52pm On Jan 30
Well mine was change of name I had to go all the way from Lagos to Abuja just to remove hyphen in my previous name after greasing the hands of a NIS member

1 Like

Re: Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement by atheistandproud(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30
hakeem4:
Well mine was change of name I had to go all the way from Lagos to Abuja just to remove hyphen in my previous name after greasing the hands of a NIS member

You still go Abuja? If na so make dem rest 😒
Re: Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement by hakeem4(m): 7:02pm On Jan 30
atheistandproud:

You still go Abuja? If na so make dem rest 😒
i think lost passport can be done in branches (i am not sure ooo)
Re: Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement by atheistandproud(m): 11:03pm On Jan 30
hakeem4:
i think lost passport can be done in branches (i am not sure ooo)

Alright Chief. Thank you so much. I'm still hoping against hope that a good Samaritan returns it.
Re: Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement by ekitimanalways(m): 8:43am On Jan 31
atheistandproud:

Alright Chief. Thank you so much. I'm still hoping against hope that a good Samaritan returns it.

I presumed that you reported your lost Nigerian passport to the nearest police station. If you apply for reissue, another passport will be issued only after you submit a police report (and other required documents) for the missing passport and declare through an affidavit from a high court in Nigeria that your passport is missing. In the application form for reissue, you will have to mention the missing passport number in order for the Nigeria Immigration Service to be able to process your passport reissue application. Your missing passport will be electronically cancelled, and it will no longer be valid for travel.

No offence is intended, but do not hope a good Samaritan returns your missing Nigerian passport. Apply for a reissue online. You don't have to travel to the NIS passport office in Abuja before NIS reissues your missing passport.

For passport reissue, click below: https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/nin/VTJGc2RHVmtYMTl0bjhyTW5EWXg4VHlKUjJsRlB0RUkyZjhKTjhncWt6cz0%3D
Re: Lost Passport Reissue - Replacement by atheistandproud(m): 11:00am On Jan 31
ekitimanalways:

I presumed that you reported your lost Nigerian passport to the nearest police station. If you apply for reissue, another passport will be issued only after you submit a police report (and other required documents) for the missing passport and declare through an affidavit from a high court in Nigeria that your passport is missing. In the application form for reissue, you will have to mention the missing passport number in order for the Nigeria Immigration Service to be able to process your passport reissue application. Your missing passport will be electronically cancelled, and it will no longer be valid for travel.

No offence is intended, but do not hope a good Samaritan returns your missing. Apply for a reissue online. You don't have to travel to the NIS passport office in Abuja before NIS reissues your missing passport.

For passport reissue, click below: https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/nin/VTJGc2RHVmtYMTl0bjhyTW5EWXg4VHlKUjJsRlB0RUkyZjhKTjhncWt6cz0%3D

I'm yet to do a police report. It's just overwhelming me. I generally avoid anything that has to do with the police because something that should take a few mins with them is always an opportunity for extortion.

(1) (Reply)

CBN Policy And It Ineffectiveness On The Masses! / Needed Urgently / 5 Smart Ways To Travel Around Lagos This Ember Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.