Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

A Living Or Dead Sacrifice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Living Or Dead Sacrifice? (72 Views)

Why There Are No Aborted Or Dead Babies In Hell / Dead Sacrifice / Don't Be A Dead Sacrifice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Living Or Dead Sacrifice? by topshore(f): 2:44pm On Jan 30
Scripture Text: Romans 12:1-2

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Which one is better? a living sacrifice to God or an offering of a dead body to satan?

Giving your body as a living sacrifice to God is better than giving it as a dead sacrifice to the devil.

To become a living sacrifice, you need to forsake your dead nature, the old man and sinful nature that is of the devil and the world, and then offer your life to God as a living sacrifice. This means that you make your body holy and pleasing to God so that He can use it for His glory. God only uses a living body which is holy, and not the spiritually dead.

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (KJV)

God no longer lives in churches that were built by people. He promised that His Spirit would live inside us, His beloved children (2 Corinthians 6:16).
God made this same promise to the Israelites in the past (Ezekiel 37:27). His children, who are part of the new covenant through Christ, now make it true.

If you are a Christian, this means that your body is the temple of God and the Spirit of God lives in it. Hence, the body must be kept holy, clean, and set apart for God in order for the Holy Spirit to live in it (Galatians 5).

It is also important that you hate sin and run from all evil appearances as stated in Galatians 5:19-21. According to 1 John 2:15–17, your life should not match the world and its empty things. You need to stay away from the pride of life, the lust of the eyes, and the lust of the skin.

A life completely given over to Christ, a life that has been crucified, is a daily and living sacrifice. These are God's real children who have been "born again" and no longer live their old lives. Someone who is brave enough to say, "I was crucified with Christ, but I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" (Galatians 2:20).

The Fire Scripture for today tells us that if we want to be a living sacrifice, we need to change by renewing our minds. This is a spiritual work that starts inside and shows up outside. It will then be easy for us to see and follow the "good, acceptable, and perfect will of God." In order to do God's will, a Christian who feeds their mind with the truth of God's word every day and lets that Word guide their life is a living sacrifice. You can only learn and be led on the right road of life by reading God's word and giving your life to Christ and doing what is right. Without this, you are dead to God. I pray the Lord shows us His mercy in Jesus mighty name, amen.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye bye to the devil and I enter into the Kingdom of Your Light. Thank You Jesus! In Jesus Mighty Name I pray, amen.

God bless you.

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Also read: https://flatimes.com/mfm-devotional-29-january-2024-a-living-sacrifice/

(1) (Reply)

How To Organize Your Spells And Formulas Record Sheet Effectively / Moving From Failure To Success (3) / Suffering “arrest And Arraignment” As Ministers Of The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.