Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Dead Sacrifice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dead Sacrifice (171 Views)

A Living Or Dead Sacrifice? / Don't Be A Dead Sacrifice / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dead Sacrifice by davidinchrist(m): 9:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
What the Lord requires of us FIRST is Obedience, not sacrifices or religious activities. All sacrifices or good activities that are not birthed out of pure obedience to Jesus is as dead as any DEAD thing.

We sometimes try to hide under the roofs of so many things like fasting and praying, vigils, tithing, preaching/evangelism, praise and worship, speaking in tongues, giving to the needy, not committing some OUTWARD SINS, attending church meetings, constant prayer of forgiveness, and so on.

Yes, some of that can be FANTASTIC, but it's got to be rooted in obedience FIRST:

1 Samuel 15:22 KJV
... Behold, to OBEY is BETTER than sacrifice, and to hearken THAN the FAT of rams. (like FAT Monies or Gifts)

John.14.15 - "If you LOVE Me, KEEP My commandments.

We must seek to get rid of those Religious excuses, shortcuts, sacrifices we try to use to BRIBE God instead of OBEYING his words as recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

John 8:31-32 KJV
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye CONTINUE IN MY WORD, then are ye my DISCIPLES INDEED;

[32] And ye shall KNOW the truth, and the TRUTH shall make you FREE.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.
Re: Dead Sacrifice by davidinchrist(m): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
Matthew 5:19 KJV
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them , the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Dead Sacrifice by davidinchrist(m): 6:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
Philippians 2:12 KJV
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always OBEYED, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, WORK OUT your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Re: Dead Sacrifice by davidinchrist(m): 9:09am On Jun 21, 2020
Matthew 15:9 KJV
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

(1) (Reply)

The Book Of Proverbs Chapter 22 / Good Christian Books For 2k / Your Decision Is Stronger Than Your Condition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.