Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk (3284 Views)

Photos: German Team Visits Fufore IDP Camp In Yola, Interacts With Refugees / Gov Aregbesola And His Team Visits Prof Osinbajo At The Defense House, Abuja / Rochas Okorocha 2015 Presidential Campaign Team Visits APC Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by Francis5: 5:25am On Nov 08, 2011
http://odili.net/news/source/2011/nov/7/602.html

Anambra State University's Nuta_Bolt Team visits UK *Prepares for 2012 Formula Student competition *Meets minds with Deputy-Ambassador

Monday, November 7, 2011

[From left to right: Ifeanyichukwu Onyenanu, Chigozie Nwachuya, Post Graduate Student, Professor Geoff Goddard, Engineer Chukwudi Okeke, Chukwudi Ubaka, Engineer David Egboka, Nnaemeka Otuokwu and Nwachi Louis.] THE Nuta_Bolt team of Anambra State University Nigeria this year participated in the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Formula Student Annual world prestigious event which took place at Silverstone in the United Kingdom in July. The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) Formula Student annual race car design competition is the biggest and best of its kind in Europe. Run in partnership with notable engineering firms, it aims to promote careers and excellence in engineering, by challenging university students to design, build, market and compete as a team with a small single seat racing car. The participation of the Nuta_Bolt made it the first team in Nigeria to participate in the competition and only the second African nation ever to participate in 30 years of the event.

This is an amazing opportunity for one of Nigeria's universities to join Egypt in representing Africa in this prestigious annual world event. The event equips engineering students in becoming the best engineers. This is a skill that Africa highly needs and it is wonderful that Nigeria is now taking part in the event that provides crucial practical experience and transferable skills for use in a diverse range of industries.

The team is working under great supervisors, Engr, Dr. Philip Atanmuo the Dean of Mechanical Engineering Department, Engr. David Egboka Mechanical Engineering Lecturer and Engr. Chukwudi Okeke Automotive Engineer UK and the General Secretary of Oxford Igbo Union / Vice-Chairman of Nigerian Community Oxfordshire UK and the Vice-Secretary of GMUK Young Engineers - Institution of Mechanical Engineers.

Last week, the team took a giant step in preparation for the 2012 formula student event by attending a week of training in the United Kingdom. The team spent a day at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers headquarters in London, joining other formula teams to take part in the 'Learn to Win' lecture.

The team then headed to Oxford Brookes University in Oxford UK for training on the design of the best racing car. Oxford Brookes University is internationally known as one of the best in engineering mainly in automotive and motorsport engineering and their Formula Student Team has worn many awards.

The aim of the training was to enhance the team's knowledge on the formula student racing car design and also prepare them for the 2012 Formula Student Racing Event. The training was organised by the team's president Mr Chukwudi Okeke who is an Oxford Brookes University educated automotive engineer.

The training at Oxford Brookes University was divided into three sections. The first section covered the overall design of winning racing cars which was provided by Professor Geoff Goddard Professor Goddard has designed many wining F1 cars and he is currently a formula student design judge.

The second part of the training covered engineering materials for a winning formula student car which was provided by Professor John Durodola. Until recently, Professor Durodola was Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mathematical Sciences and Assistant Dean International. The last section was specifically based on the formula student racing engine design which was provided by Dr. Stephen Samuel. Dr. Samuel is a Senior Lecturer in the Automotive and Racing Engines design and Vehicle emissions control. He has many years' of industrial experience in engine development.

Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by Onlytruth(m): 6:20am On Nov 08, 2011
Posted by: Francis-1

The participation of the Nuta_Bolt made it the first team in Nigeria to participate in the competition and only the second African nation ever to participate in 30 years of the event.

This is an amazing opportunity for one of Nigeria's universities to join Egypt in representing Africa in this prestigious annual world event. The event equips engineering students in becoming the best engineers.

This is the type of news I want to be hearing from my homeland. I'm happy we are still interested in what distinguishes us. Go guys! cool
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by Afam4eva(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2011
Is Anambra state university not the same as NAU? Anyways, thumbs up to them.
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by asha80(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2011
afam4eva:

Is Anambra state university not the same as NAU? Anyways, thumbs up to them.

no
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by realchange: 10:59pm On Nov 08, 2011
These young engineers will design the cars of the future. these Ibo boys and their spirit sef, i mean the first in Nigeria and second in Africa. quite inspirational.
I think this is Anambra state university at Uli, not NAU.
Never knew the school has a robust engineering department. good one.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by realchange: 11:04pm On Nov 08, 2011
i know one of the boys (ifeanyi onyenanu), he is from ichi. Both his parents are mathematicians and they are teachers at secondary schools. He and all his siblings went to special science schools in anambra state, and they all read engineering at university. A real science based family. kudos to young ifeanyi. cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by Tunmi(f): 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2011
This should make the homepage and remain there for a week. This is such good news. I am so proud of them!
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by Onlytruth(m): 5:47am On Nov 09, 2011
^^

This type of news NEVER make it to front page; mark my word!
In a normal country, this page should be used as an inspiration to the youths to inspire a culture change that can liberate Nigeria technologically. But, it ain't gonna happen here!
The mods are busy looking for controversial (anti-Igbo) threads to put up front!
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by EkoIle1: 6:02am On Nov 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

This type of news NEVER make it to front page; mark my word!
In a normal country, this page should be used as an inspiration to the youths to inspire a culture change that can liberate Nigeria technologically. But, it ain't gonna happen here!
The mods are busy looking for controversial (anti-Igbo) threads to put up front!

Cry me a river,
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by ak47mann(m): 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
nairaland moderators are one sided,they are not running this site well if the owner of this site really want to take this site to greater heights he should think if not they will be just running round in circles  cool
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by duke4ever: 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
for God's sake, what is this topic still doing here? Moderators abeg, we take God beg u, move this topic to the front page. A lot could be inspired by it. Thanks!!
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by DisGuy: 12:27am On Nov 12, 2011
Goood. I know OB Formula team well well

Did they visit or they designed a car to showcase?

This is good, hopefully the design a prototype and perhaps start with a Formula Africa, competing against other universities in Nigeria

or even do the solar car races!!
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by kasiem(m): 8:53am On Nov 12, 2011
Dippy and inane mods, i hope this article dealt a vicious blow to ur anticipations of egregious news from anambra/igboland. Ogun is busy tainting the image of nigeria with the most despicable school in the whole wide world, but, ur jealousy and nefarious wishes for the igbos wouldn't all u guys have the paucity of honesty to upgrade this splendiferous news to the frontpage, atleast, to show the world how our schools are making up for the bad image that ogun brought to us. Keep waiting for the death news of ojukwu ( i'm sure that some of ur colleagues were consumed by the lagos and oyo flood)
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by Torch1(m): 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2011
Anambra have great people, look at INNOSON. He is now producing motors in Nnewi, this is good news. Mods, if u like take the thread to front page or not, it will never change the fact that this is indeed a great news.
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by Onlytruth(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^

hahaha! keep waiting. . grin grin
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by ak47mann(m): 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
forget MOD the thing no go see front page if u think am talking rubbish watch cool cool
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by DisGuy: 1:10am On Nov 15, 2011
come sef na by force?
Re: Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk by Beaf: 1:18am On Nov 15, 2011
This is a great step. I hope that some of the guys will make it into F1. In fact our govt should be actively pushing for such talents to get into high tech areas like F1 where quite a few of the engineers and aerodynamicists have worked in military jet and other super high tech areas. It is from such kernels that a country develops real technology; I wish I was in school again and one of those boys, I'm in love with high tech and F1. lol

(1) (Reply)

Military Plane Hovering Over Lagos! ARE WE SAFE?? / 70% Of Nigerians Have Lost Hope In Pres. Jonathan / Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.