Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US (37557 Views)

Reno Omokri: Why I Initiated #HarassBuhariOutOfLondon Protest / Reno Omokri: Why Didn't Aisha And Her Children Celebrate Buhari’s 76th Birthday? / Reno Omokri: "Why Adams Oshiomhole Is A Proven Liar" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by hotseat: 9:23am On Jan 31
Thanks Mr Reno Omokri but no thanks!

The trending "you go explain tire" readily comes to mind.

This was not what Nigerians were made to believe when the Dangote Refinery was mooted.

If your argument holds water, it therefore means that even the local refineries would have no crude oil for production.

They too would have no choice but to equally import crude oil from outside our shores.

We lamented that Nigeria has no business importing petroleum products if we put our refineries to work in maximum capacity.

Alas, we now have to import what we have in abundance.

What a calamity!

What arrant illogicality!

What level of criminal conspiracy to continually fleece hapless Nigerians!

Dangote Refinery is a fraud!

The NNPCL is a fraud!

The FGN is a fraud!

@hotseat

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Johncuppa(m): 9:25am On Jan 31
loswhite:
You guys must look for a way to justify every nonsense. Nigeria claimed to do crude oil swap because we don't have a functional refinery. Now the same Nigeria has a functional refinery but they no longer have crude...lol. Are we not back to the same point? We were importing refined products before but now we will start importing crude oil...We are bunch of idiots in this country called Nigeria even the intelligent ones are dunce
Sometimes you wonder if people have to lose their mind to support politicians that are making life unbearable for their subjects.
Why is it so difficult for anyone to know that we're still going to where we're coming from?

Last last, Dangote no send anybody, na im business im dey focus.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by nedekid: 9:28am On Jan 31
loswhite:
You guys must look for a way to justify every nonsense. Nigeria claimed to do crude oil swap because we don't have a functional refinery. Now the same Nigeria has a functional refinery but they no longer have crude...lol. Are we not back to the same point? We were importing refined products before but now we will start importing crude oil...We are bunch of idiots in this country called Nigeria even the intelligent ones are dunce
Oga I taya.
Everything that works in other places, once it comes to Nigeria, it has kleg. Other parts of the world, such refinary will crash prices, increase the value of currency, ensure protected supply, but when it comes our ours, it is the opposite. We were importing petrol, refinary was built to address that, now we are importing crude. If this is not juju, what is it then? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by AntiWailer: 9:32am On Jan 31
joseph1832:
Reno's explanation makes everything looks fishy. Like who in their right mind will sell a product in advance?

It is a normal business thing to have people pre order your products.

Or what do think pre order means ?
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by coleon(m): 9:32am On Jan 31
linearity:

OPEC quota only try to limit production so as to control global pricing.

OPEC does not control who you supply or sell to once produced and Nigeria can cut her OPEC quota down anytime she wants and that would gladden OPEC because it will increase global price and benefit OPEC.

Nigeria can also increase her production above OPEC quota if she so desire.
Leave the ignorant fool let him keep supporting evil. Does he even know that Nigeria has not met her OPEC quota of 1.8m BPD for over 5 years now. We are barely producing 1.3m BPD and at a time we didn't even reach 1m.
So how can one ignoramus justify importing crude oil because of OPEC quota that we are not even able to meet.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Johncuppa(m): 9:34am On Jan 31
Goodvibes007:

The refinery belongs to Dangote and not NNPC.

Is it not the same refinery this administration and NNPC banking on to ease the dollar scarcity and fuel hike?
So they forgot the refinery will need crude.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by chidiokay: 9:36am On Jan 31
Paraman:
Now that NNPCL can only provide 4 million litres of crude oil instead of 6 million litres of crude oil Dangote will need at his refinery... Are you advising Dangote to shut down his refinery in February because NNPCL can't supply the quantity he needs?

Do you know Dangote will also export refined crude to foreign countries when operation start?

Oga, i have no business with dangote, he does not has Nigerians interest at heart and i don"t blame him, whatever the feelings is mutual

However my concern & advice is to Nnpc and Govt to do what is right and stop taking Nigerians for a fool, We have the capacity to meet Dangote demands why can't work towards that,... why must everything be projected as tho mission impossible

Dangote is highy excuse cos essence of business is to maximize profit, but kindly take into cognisance that dangote getting all demanded crude from NNPC won't negate is potentials to export refined crude, ... so! lets leave dangote for now and compel our govt/NNpc to do the right thing 1st, then we can pounce back on dangote later.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Paraman: 9:48am On Jan 31
chidiokay:

Oga, i have no business with dangote, he does not has Nigerians interest at heart and i don"t blame him, whatever the feelings is mutual

However my concern & advice is to Nnpc and Govt to do what is right and stop taking Nigerians for a fool, We have the capacity to meet Dangote demands why can't work towards that,... why must everything be projected as tho mission impossible

Dangote is highy excuse cos essence of business is to maximize profit, but kindly take into cognisance that dangote getting all demanded crude from NNPC won't negate is potentials to export refined crude, ... so! lets leave dangote for now and compel our govt/NNpc to do the right thing 1st, then we can pounce back on dangote later.
I don't even understand what your point exactly is... You're just everywhere
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by DesChyko: 9:48am On Jan 31
tollyboy5:

If that screenshot is David tweet, then he's the dumbest Lagosian of all time

David Hundeyin doesn't originate from or lives in Lagos.

Talk about being the 'dumbest' 🌚
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by chidiokay: 9:50am On Jan 31
loswhite:
A country without refinery was swapping crude oil to import refined products due to non functional refineries....The country finally managed to have a functional refinery and suddenly same country no longer have crude oil to swap...lol rather supply to the functional refinery. They are planning to import crude oil to supply this functional refinery.
The story is the same for all sectors. Power generation 4000 to 5000 year in year out. It begs the question why should Nigerian leaders choose to sabotage the country?

What i find insultive the most is how the govt thing we can't see through there corrupt practices

The dollarization of the economy is favouring the rogues in govt, and they know with dangote getting total crude from NNPC will hinder access to official fx, cos there is no way NNPC can justify selling crude to dangote in dollars, for them Naira is bad news

These goes further to prove that NNPC, Govt & stakeholders don't mean well for Nigerians, they intentionally fail to impoverish Nigerians cos dollarization of the economy give them yeast profit
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by joseph1832(m): 10:02am On Jan 31
AntiWailer:

It is a normal business thing to have people pre order your products.

Or what do think pre order means ?
exactly what it reeks of mago-mago. When you pre-order a commodity, it is based on current price, no? So if the price now increase, are you going to cancel that order? Or the person or individual(s) who ordered will add the extra amount?
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by tollyboy5(m): 10:07am On Jan 31
DesChyko:

David Hundeyin doesn't originate from or lives in Lagos.

Talk about being the 'dumbest' 🌚
I can see another definition of dumbness, even Nigeria born in USA knows they're Nigeria.

Hundeyin is a native Lagos badagry family name.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by zoomzoom(m): 10:08am On Jan 31
[quote author=chopnaira post=128207157]

What NONSENSE is this O'MOCKERY yarning again?.
We know all these, but can someone please tell us what has been happening to the crude reserved for our domestic Refineries over the years?.
Are you now telling us that we will also import crude to refine when the MECHANICALLY COMPLETED PORT HARCOURT REFINERY finally comes on stream?.

Do you all see now that our fuel problem has now morphed from NO REFINERIES TO NO CRUDE?.

GOD PUNISH BAD LEADERS OF APC!!.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Never4getU: 10:09am On Jan 31
Agboriotejoye:
What exactly is his point?

He delivered explanation to those who don't know and they got the message.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by chidiokay: 10:12am On Jan 31
Paraman:
I don't even understand what your point exactly is... You're just everywhere

My stand is both Dangote and govt don't have the interest of Nigerians at heart

I see your concerns are more of Dangote interest which i think is unnecessary, lets leave dangote out for now

Whatever excuse Dangote has to import crude is propelled by NNpc and govt, so our focus should be on NNpc and govt to do the right thing,

Should NNPC meet dangote quota, he won't have justification no more

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by xnsandrxns: 10:14am On Jan 31
LibertyRep:
Nigeria's crude oil cargoes have already been contracted far into the future

Is this not enough reason to be worried?

Who and who ate into future and still left us with trillions of debt to pay.
Ignorance at it's peak
So you expect the country to be hawking crude oil daily and looking for buyers?
Simple knowledge of international trade will tell you it is wise to secure buyers for your product in advance.
That's how you can project your revenue in advance.
The same way we just can't cut already established sales, the people we are selling to can't just terminate the purchase.
Simple sense

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by epainos: 10:25am On Jan 31
Johncuppa:

All this plenty English not necessary.
The worry here is how is the refinery going to effect change in Nigeria?
We hope the refinery will ease the load on dollar and halt our pains but the news of importing crude oil with the same dollar is now a shocker, it is almost a plus and minus, resulting to no change after all.
This is the bone of contention.

Why are you depending on a private business to correct the damage of decades military leaders and politicians have caused us? Are you ready to sell crude oil to him in naira also? And even give him a discount....

Your bone of contention is misplaced. Also, your "small" English compared to my plenty is just too porous. Oga, Dangote refinery na private business.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Taich(m): 10:32am On Jan 31
LibertyRep:
Nigeria's crude oil cargoes have already been contracted far into the future

Is this not enough reason to be worried?

Who and who ate into future and still left us with trillions of debt to pay.

The more they try to justifiy their rubbish the more they expose themselves. That is why Naira is falling, it will be cheaper to buy fuel from Venezuela than from Dangote.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by youngreezy(m): 10:47am On Jan 31
epainos:

Let this be the first and the last time you will use this kind of statement. Do you hear me?

Tompolo and Asaro Dokubo are from SS and they benefit from so many govt contracts.

Adenuga is a Yoruba man and he benefits too.

There are so many Igbo people... in fact, Uzo Kalu benefited so much from the government too.

Yet, I know that there is no fair play in the whole system. I acknowledge it.

Exactly my point. You have voiced out why you are pained. SS and SE will NEVER allow the business to go smoothly. This is it. See...God bless you for saying it. grin

To the issue of how the government is cheating them. Bros, go read my previous posts. I am backing the Igbos to leave Naija. Yes. They should leave. It is obvious they will not get to Aso Rock. They won't.

But let's be serious...hausa and Fulani cannot dominate you if you don't have Judas among you. So, stop faulting hausas...eradicate the Judas among you. Fish them out, and cut them off from making decisions for you. If not, Hausa will keep raping you.

But I think this is for Igbos only. Is it Wike in Cross River one Fulani man will do wayo? Lol. Reason it na.

And I hate it when you guys tell false stories. Are you guys not collecting monthly allocations from FG? Do you know how much NPA in Lagos generates monthly? Una no dey collect from am? Go blame your useless governors and the Judas among you.

Lol. Where did I write that SE and SS duped him? A beg...remove SS...I know you are SE. grin

Lol. When Timprey Silva or so was the oil Minister, wetin he do? Let me take you back to Jonathan's era. Jonathan from SS was the president....Ngozi Iweala from SE was the Finance and Economic Minister...and who was the petroleum minister? Dazeni from SS. Lol. From the history of Nigeria...which petroleum minister has looted like Alison Dazieni? grin

Dey play.

Dem frustrate Ngozi Iweala's effort. Abi na Hausa and Fulani stole during Jonathan's? Dey play.

Shell lost some cases regarding the pollution of water, and they paid. What did your leaders do with the compensation? Dey play. I am not defending Shell or any of those useless oil companies, but they are simply using the greedy Judas among you to steal from you. Of course, the same tactics the Hausa and Fulani are using. Who is to be blamed? Lol.

See..the way you guys always want to revenge is to destroy. This is my point. Lol. And those destroying are doing so for their own selfish interest. If they compensate them, those destroying will loot all. Who is to be blamed? Lol.

Thank God Lagos is not supplying him. Lagos is only making use of the blue economy. Shikena. Wetin God give you...use am well. Perhaps, Lagos would have used oil in a better way than you. Who knows? Now Lagos is expanding its coast to Badagry and Lekki. Lol.

See...keep blaming others. Oil is a gift for you, but you can't use it for yourselves. It has become a curse. If you cannot manage it well, someone else will manage it for you na. So, why are you complaining?

Regardless of your write-up and how you feel, the truth is that the only way you want to pay Dangote back is to make him beg for crude oil... and to frustrate him. You thought you would be able to blackmail him to give out contract to build pipes from your region na. Lol. But Baba don japa go America. grin

Las las...na you go beg to sell to him. Na you go load on his trucks and make sure the trucks leave your region safely. See..na that contract him go give you to chop. grin Guide and guard his trucks against any harm in your region. You mess up like this...baba don cancel all arrangements. It is more profitable for him to load far away from the US than load in his home nation. grin

A just say make I remind you again....una no git blackmail Dangote. Shikena.

Game Over!
at last you mentioned igbo,i was waiting for that part and you didnt disappoint me.......the stupidity comes from your mother so i am not suprised......make una dey carry SE matter for head make tinubu dey fvck una ynash dey go
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by siant: 10:54am On Jan 31
Agboriotejoye:

I was about to ask the same thing
keep fooling yourself
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by zudozz: 11:59am On Jan 31
[quote author=chopnaira post=128207157][/quote]

This fellure cannot say anything without trying to take the igbo's present disadvantage to his own advantage n seeking favor from people in position and being in the good book of the rich.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Goodoldays(m): 12:00pm On Jan 31
yakson84:
Special adverser to the president Tinubu on public affairs

It should have been “unsolicited special adviser to the President “
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by pquaver(m): 12:21pm On Jan 31
jmoore:
Reno Omonkey, speaking from both sides of the mouth.

The clown said we should stop patronizing mtn. But he wants Dangote to use dollars to import crude oil.

The olodo wants everyone to use globacom but he doesn't want Dangote to use only Nigeria crude oil.

Are daft or have understanding problems? I gues u just pretending to not understand what he said, i refuse to believe the former.. Did u not read where the said the crude have been contracted into the future? If u go against the contract, Nigeria stands to lose more than dangote importing fuel.. Scale of preference and risk evaluation is a basic economic principle... U should know that.. Dangote refinery is a plus to Nigeria anyway u look @ it..

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Zhunnurayn(m): 12:51pm On Jan 31
CandidAdmin:
Nigeria is paying for money it borrowed with crude oil.

And yet we can't feel the impact of the borrowed money in the country.

Isn't that enough reason to be concerned?

Good roads, security funding, payment of salaries, subsidies on health, education, transport, electricity etc are the impact of the borrowed money. You can't claim you are fully playing for those things.

Don't begin comparisons, The government is catering for a population of a whopping 200million people.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Mccollins042(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31
FiftyFifty:
An OPEC member and the 6th largest oil producer in the world shouldn't be buying a refined product when it has no refinery, only to start buying crude now that it has a refinery. This doesn't make a slightest sense. Stop crude oil theft/bunkering and Dangote refinery will have more than it needs.
About 150 million barrels of crude oil has been used to borrow money that's why we cannot provide crude for dangote. It will take years to pay this dept that's if dey don't borrow another one. That is where we are
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Mccollins042(m): 1:31pm On Jan 31
pquaver:

Are daft or have understanding problems? I gues u just pretending to not understand what he said, i refuse to believe the former.. Did u not read where the said the crude have been contracted into the future? If u go against the contract, Nigeria stands to lose more than dangote importing fuel.. Scale of preference and risk evaluation is a basic economic principle... U should know that.. Dangote refinery is a plus to Nigeria anyway u look @ it..
who contracted it? Is it not the same APC thieves?
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by loswhite(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31
chidiokay:

What i find insultive the most is how the govt thing we can't see through there corrupt practices

The dollarization of the economy is favouring the rogues in govt, and they know with dangote getting total crude from NNPC will hinder access to official fx, cos there is no way NNPC can justify selling crude to dangote in dollars, for them Naira is bad news

These goes further to prove that NNPC, Govt & stakeholders don't mean well for Nigerians, they intentionally fail to impoverish Nigerians cos dollarization of the economy give them yeast profit
They are deliberately sabotaging the economy of the country. How else do you explain that a country with refinery chooses to import fuel for almost 20 years? A country with high employment Shut down it's refineries for years without declaring a state of emergency? A country with high employment deliberately generate 2000 to 4000 mega watts of energy with zero improvement for years? A country with steel company shut down the steel companies? The list goes on and on....The government and politicians are deliberately sabotaging Nigeria.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by loswhite(m): 1:58pm On Jan 31
nedekid:

Oga I taya.
Everything that works in other places, once it comes to Nigeria, it has kleg. Other parts of the world, such refinary will crash prices, increase the value of currency, ensure protected supply, but when it comes our ours, it is the opposite. We were importing petrol, refinary was built to address that, now we are importing crude. If this is not juju, what is it then? shocked
It is just crazy. Then you will see educated ppl come out to defend the outright nonsense something that is so glaring that it doesn't make sense. Then you will see followers that are suffering supporting rubbish and justifying nonsense. The one that annoys me most is the next thing you ppl that wish Nigeria bad...lol. The ppl they call obedient are ppl that just want a better Nigeria but they will attack without claiming obi as if Nigeria exchange dollars for 1500 is not affecting them. The price of rice will get to 60k they will act like thier life is ok like they have a special place that they getting food items from...it is so sad

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Dittodat: 2:21pm On Jan 31
Thanks, Reno for this explanation. Nigeria is currently made up of people with very low IQs and very poor knowledge of what's going on around the world. All they want to do is cry and wail without understanding the facts behind any story. Most just read headlines.
Crud oil contracts are signed 6 months in advance. You cannot break those contracts unless you are ready to pay penalties. That's why you don't see an immediate increase in revenue even if prices of crude go up simply because any new increase in prices will still not affect the crude that is being supplied at that time since the contract was signed months ago. You have to wait another 6 months to a year to see the new increase or decrease in revenue.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by Konquest: 2:32pm On Jan 31
chopnaira:

Nigeria's crude oil cargoes have already been contracted far into the future. And we have a quota from OPEC. This is not new. When then President Obasanjo and Yar'adua introduced the National Integrated Power Project, the NNPC could not supply the NIPP gas because Nigeria's gas had already been purchased in future contracts far into the future. And if you break those contracts, Nigeria would be taken to arbitration. That is why the Dangote Refinery is buying crude from America. Because it is a private company that will get its supply from anywhere it can to meet its own set targets and timelines.
It is what it is.
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US by pquaver(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31
Mccollins042:
who contracted it? Is it not the same APC thieves?
.. Even from Obj sef the contracting had started... Your problem is not apc.. But Nigerian leadership at all levels.. U keep shouting apc... was apc in the 90s when Nigeria was constantly going down.. Una no sabi una problem sef..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East / Crowd Chants 'Sai Atiku' At APC Rally In Adamawa, Deji Adeyanju Reacts (Video) / How Ghanaian, Kevin Okyere Made Billions In Nigerian's Petroleum Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.