Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings (19520 Views)

Victor Osimhen Surprised By Napoli Fans At AFCON 2024 / Nigeria Premier League Teams And Their Stadiums| Cotenant.ng / 2018: The Biggest Earner, Sport Teams And Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Devil1Messenger: 12:29pm On Jan 31
Westerhoffe:
Contest of the Western and Southern parts of Africa.
Others have been knocked out.

Let's see which teams survive to the Semi-finals.
Angola and Congo is central Africa
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by 89green: 12:31pm On Jan 31
grin @FalseProphet, what do you see?

I see Angola 0 v Nigeria 10
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by yemmit90: 12:32pm On Jan 31
Nazgul:
From that pairing, if we defeat Angola, we'll play the winner of South Africa vs Cape Verde in the Semi finals. Not bad if you ask me.

If Nigeria is serious we should win this tournament, most of the strong teams are already out.

Yeah, same with ivory Coast, if they show the same passion displayed against Senegal in their next matches, I don't see anything that can stop them from reaching the final.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Shikena(m): 12:34pm On Jan 31
Yes but you must be strong to beat a strong team. You play the conqueror of Morocco or Egypt as a better version of those teams regardless of ranking. Underdog mindset always work well for Nigeria.

Nazgul:
From that pairing, if we defeat Angola, we'll play the winner of South Africa vs Cape Verde in the Semi finals. Not bad if you ask me.

If Nigeria is serious we should win this tournament, most of the strong teams are already out.
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Emma1Oj(m): 12:34pm On Jan 31
Joy2dworldxyz:
Nice one !

My prediction for semi's qualifiers goes thus:

Nigeria
1 Angola
2 Mali
3 Guinea
4 Cape Verde

Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Angelfrost(m): 12:35pm On Jan 31
Nigeria and Ivory Coast are the only top teams remaining.

This is looking like the year of the Underdogs! cool
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by IyaTola: 12:35pm On Jan 31
undecided
biroo:
Nigeria to meet Cape Verde in the semis and Cote D'Ivoire in the finals, this AFCON is coming home.
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Usmanovic95(m): 12:36pm On Jan 31
I see south Africa as our biggest threat in this tournament,just like how their club sides have captured the continent, their national team is also on the road to achieve same feat. If they get exited out of this tourney,then only God and us🇳🇬 can stop us from going home with the trophy.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Angelfrost(m): 12:36pm On Jan 31
Nazgul:

Wrong!!!

The so called strong teams are out... The truly strong teams are remaining.

It would be disastrous for you guys to look down on those guys up there.

Forget experience... If you fail to turn up, you'll get your ass handed to you.

That's what befell Morocco and Senegal.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Emma1Oj(m): 12:37pm On Jan 31
biroo:
Nigeria to meet Cape Verde in the semis and Cote D'Ivoire in the finals, this AFCON is coming home.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I don't even know why I'm laughing.

Wow.. hey go shock all of una
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by emmabest2000(m): 12:43pm On Jan 31
Joy2dworldxyz:
Nice one !

My prediction for semi's qualifiers goes thus:

1 Nigeria
2 Mali
3 Guinea
4 Cape Verde

Ivory coast will reach final

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Westerhoffe(m): 12:46pm On Jan 31
ViceGovernor oya open door and come inside o!
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by coputa(m): 12:47pm On Jan 31
Nazgul:

South Africa is not a push over
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by forayfleo(m): 12:49pm On Jan 31
It is our turn no need to fear I have said it from our first match
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by BALLOSKI: 12:51pm On Jan 31
iwaeda:
No North Africa. grin grin grin grin grin
west and south arrangement.
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by biroo: 12:56pm On Jan 31
Emma1Oj:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I don't even know why I'm laughing.

Wow.. hey go shock all of una
bad belle 😂😂😂😂 😛😜😜
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by JayPeeOham: 1:00pm On Jan 31
AFCON 2023 QUATER FINALS

The round of the average teams, Nigeria inclusive!!!
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by chidi2003(m): 1:04pm On Jan 31
iwaeda:
Such is happening, after many years of their dominance; such an amazing development - football is a game of surprises!
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by godwon01(m): 1:11pm On Jan 31
bobonla:
Super chicken in soup
It is now you change your thinking faculties. Go to where normal people are going otherwise , you will be counted amongst those that has failed in life. When people are wishing them well at this level, you don't come here and displayed psychiatric symptoms.
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by andy244: 1:11pm On Jan 31
iwaeda:

Five West African countries
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Focusmind: 1:16pm On Jan 31
The cup will still be taken by any of the previous winners - Nigeria, Ivory Coast, South Africa or Congo Dr.
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by bobonla: 1:19pm On Jan 31
godwon01:
It is now you change your thinking faculties. Go to where normal people are going otherwise , you will be counted amongst those that has failed in life. When people are wishing them well at this level, you don't come here and displayed psychiatric symptoms.
How does wishing well or wishing bad got to do with one winning a football match? Hope u have also prayed for them? I remembered one of our star player mother anointed his booths with anointing oil. Lol we no even qualify at all that year
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by koning: 1:21pm On Jan 31
I see a Nigeria - Mali final.
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Tonytonex(m): 1:22pm On Jan 31
iwaeda:
1. Nigeria
2. Ivory Coast
3. Guinea
4. Mali
5. Cape Verde
6. Angola
7. Congo DR
8. South Africa

Quarter Final Pairing
Nigeria vs Angola
Ivory Coast vs Mali
Guinea vs Congo DR
South Africa vs Cape Verde
Final will be Nigeria vs Ivory Coast

And Nigeria will win the trophy through PK
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by godwon01(m): 1:26pm On Jan 31
coputa:
South Africa is not a push over
Everyone should know that. The feat they achieved yesterday was not luck but tactical discipline.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:28pm On Jan 31
Nazgul:

If Nigeria is serious we should win this tournament, most of the strong teams are already out .

The teams that knocked out the "strong" teams are stronger, Bro....don't get it twisted.

Make Super Eagles sha no sleep.
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Dcaliphate(m): 1:33pm On Jan 31
Nazgul:

grin grin so the teams that removed the strong teams are not a threat? Just dey play!
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by alobright17(m): 1:39pm On Jan 31
Nazgul:

strong teams and they're out ? Abeg strong teams are those that's still in the tournament.
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by haphizz57(m): 1:39pm On Jan 31
Nigeria vs South africa for semi-final. Nigeria vs Ivory coast final
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by shedy03(m): 2:05pm On Jan 31
iwaeda:
Yes ooooo
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by DLuciano: 2:07pm On Jan 31
iwaeda:
nothing funny here, its game of football!
Re: AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings by Beverlyjean(f): 2:17pm On Jan 31
Nazgul:

If they were string teams they would still be in the tournament...it shows these teams are even stronger ...we beat ivory Coast and Cameroon( the so called strong teams ) but cudnt beat Equatorial Guinea and struggled against Guinea Bissau ( so called small team)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating / 2014 CAF African Women's Championship - Namibia 2014 / The Return of NPFL Nite Matches - The Enugu Rangers Experience (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.