Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,775 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers (1904 Views)

The Economist And Its Unrelenting Doom, Gloom About Nigeria - Fredrick Nwabufo / The Economist And Its Misadventure On The Nigerian Army / Top John Hopkins Economist And Professor Calls Buhari "Sleepy Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Validated: 9:55am On Jan 31
Georgry:
There is something called Capital flight, mtn makes all the money and then repatriate them in dollar to South Africa, while I don't entirely agree with Reno, a lot of people here sound like illiterate and it's so disgusting, this is the same reason a lot of you are are not employable, you know nothing about simple terms like capital flight or inequality in balance of payment.
How do you curb capital flight? Is it by asking Nigerians to boycott their products? Is curbing capital flights not a government policy action? What is MTN SA stake in MTN Nigeria?
Okay, next time you are traveling out of Nigeria, wait for Nigeria Airways. Hope you are not one if the 6000?
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Georgry(m): 11:10am On Jan 31
Validated:

How do you curb capital flight? Is it by asking Nigerians to boycott their products? Is curbing capital flights not a government policy action? What is MTN SA stake in MTN Nigeria?
Okay, next time you are traveling out of Nigeria, wait for Nigeria Airways. Hope you are not one if the 6000?

Don't quote me wrong okay? A developing country who's also looking for foreign investment cannot even afford to drive out a company like mtn, however Reno has also point, Mtn has become too big and now they take out a lot of money from the Nigeria economy every year, i am not a layman when it comes to finance, but the way una carry the matter put for head, 80 percent of you guys doesn't even know the meaning of capital flight, that that is exactly what he is basing his argument on, i wrote a report on this same topic so I know exactly his point, however his recommendation about boycotting MTN doesn't make sense, that does not make his argument stupid, you guys are looking it from your layman sense of view.
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by JagabanB: 6:07pm On Jan 31
Splashme:

Oga, which points did Reno make?

Everyday, governments at different levels are talking about foreign investments ... and today, one busy body man comes to tell you to shun MTN ... laughable!

1) Does Reno know the amount of money FG & States make from MTN?

2) What about the millions of Nigerians employed one way or the other by MTN?

3) What about the 'technology transfer' enabled by MTN in the Nigerian telecom sector?

4) Nigeria would probably have had the worst telecom sector in West Africa if not for MTN. Truth is that, Glo services are poor.

U simply misunderstood his statement because u don't like him.
MTN is the biggest network in Nigerîà, he's telling u to patronize glo more than MTN.
It's simple logic.
He's telling u to encourage more home grown industries, this is simple for a layman to understand for godsake.
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by JagabanB: 6:08pm On Jan 31
mrvitalis:

Reno made no point.. He lacks basic understanding of economics

Nigerians import has never been our problem

Lack of export is
If we put u in an economic forum or summit, trust me, u will realize u have ñó basic idea of economics.
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by JagabanB: 6:13pm On Jan 31
SeeWahala:

Oh, so we should stop driving Toyota and drinking Heineken? shocked proforce and ogogoro is better for the economy and naira, right? that's the point your o'mockery made that you're clapping to? undecided

No wonder your name is ajagaba lipsrsealed
U misunderstood his point.
I dón't bIame u tho.
PoIitics has a way of twisting the mind of Iosers, especially obidents, they pick offense with everything someone who's not in their says.
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by 9jatriot(m): 6:23pm On Jan 31
Nothing concern me with Omokri and his former friends o.... Just that I remember when he was like a god to them. They used to call him tormentor in chief to Buhari and even to Tinubu.

Then the guy did a 360 and since then they have turned him to a number one enemy. How ironic if you ask me.
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Basic123: 6:43pm On Jan 31
Validated:
I hear some dumb Economist is asking Nigerians to dump their MTN and Airtel lines and use GLO instead. According to him, that would shore up Naira against the dollar. Dumb eeeeh!

Dumb as he may be, he has 6000 followers hailing him. People who also reason with their a..us. The Dumbo forgot that Nigeria also receive remittances from Diaspora much more than what MTN and Airtel get. And who will employ the millions who are dependent on these two telecoms companies.

He should also ask Nigerians to avoid Toyota vehicles and buy Innoson. Sorry, Innoson is an Igboman, so no need to suggest that. What about we abandon DSTV and watch NTA only or better still stop buying Total, shell, etc oil, stop drinking Guinness drinks, Unilever products. Infact we should stop going abroad for medical treatment.

How about we ban foreign rice, foreign clothes, and infact bring all Nigerians abroad home including the Economist so that we conserve the Dollars.
I forgot self, foreign airlines should also stop coming to Nigeria. We do not need BA, Emirates, Qatar Air, Ethiopian Airlines, etc because they remit their revenue home. Let us start using only Nigeria Airways. O! Oh! Sorry, that one is moribund, what about Buhari's Air Nigeria?

Such iberibeism can only come from unemploed or underemployed morons parading themselves as political influencers or should we say they are AGIP (Any Govt In Power)
Tell us your own alternative.

If you don't have one just keep your mouth shut!
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by mrvitalis(m): 6:52pm On Jan 31
JagabanB:

If we put u in an economic forum or summit, trust me, u will realize u have ñó basic idea of economics.
Dare me
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by JagabanB: 9:40pm On Jan 31
mrvitalis:

Dare me
We know ur type, we have seen aIot, so many places are opened for submission of economic ideas, from year to year u didn't submit any, onIy an expert online
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by mrvitalis(m): 10:08pm On Jan 31
JagabanB:

We know ur type, we have seen aIot, so many places are opened for submission of economic ideas, from year to year u didn't submit any, onIy an expert online
Submit to who? Lol 😂😂
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by JagabanB: 10:12pm On Jan 31
mrvitalis:

Submit to who? Lol 😂😂
U are not even an economic expert like u make yourself believe else u won't be asking
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Bullfallo(m): 10:16pm On Jan 31
Global com is currently in benin, togo and ghana. Was Nigeria not using mtn and Airtel in previous administrations? This same people told us Nigeria will become better after subsidy removal but today they are still justifying and trading blame
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by mrvitalis(m): 10:57pm On Jan 31
JagabanB:

U are not even an economic expert like u make yourself believe else u won't be asking
Lmaooo
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Validated: 7:51am On Feb 01
Georgry:

Don't quote me wrong okay? A developing country who's also looking for foreign investment cannot even afford to drive out a company like mtn, however Reno has also point, Mtn has become too big and now they take out a lot of money from the Nigeria economy every year, i am not a layman when it comes to finance, but the way una carry the matter put for head, 80 percent of you guys doesn't even know the meaning of capital flight, that that is exactly what he is basing his argument on, i wrote a report on this same topic so I know exactly his point, however his recommendation about boycotting MTN doesn't make sense, that does not make his argument stupid, you guys are looking it from your layman sense of view.
Do you curb capital flight by asking consumers not to buy products of a company? Where were you when MTN imported capital to build infrastructure across Nigeria? Do you know how much MTN sunk into building masts and powering them in every ward and villages in Nigeria? Even the GLO you guys are taunting uses MTN masts as colocation infrastructure Trully only a dumbasses reason like some Nigerians.
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Georgry(m): 8:48am On Feb 01
Validated:

Do you curb capital flight by asking consumers not to buy products of a company? Where were you when MTN imported capital to build infrastructure across Nigeria? Do you know how much MTN sunk into building masts and powering them in every ward and villages in Nigeria? Even the GLO you guys are taunting uses MTN masts as colocation infrastructure Trully only a dumbasses reason like some Nigerians.

Just like I said, Reno's recommendation is very flawed, however there are different part of a report, what am telling you is that the basis of his argument makes sense to anybody that has a clue about Finance, the way you guys are taking it as if it's total nonsense is abysmal, a report cannot be perfect, but someone else could work on a similar report and find a lot of information in Reno's work very useful, the person might come out with a different recommendation, that is it, people should start behaving like the educated people that they are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our Husbands Don’t Touch Us At Night Because Of Heat - Rivers Women Protest / Loose Change: Documentary About September 11 2001 Attacks / Grand Looting Of Delta State Treasury-ibori Exposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.