Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers (1905 Views)

The Economist And Its Unrelenting Doom, Gloom About Nigeria - Fredrick Nwabufo / The Economist And Its Misadventure On The Nigerian Army / Top John Hopkins Economist And Professor Calls Buhari "Sleepy Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Validated: 12:09am On Jan 31
I hear some dumb Economist is asking Nigerians to dump their MTN and Airtel lines and use GLO instead. According to him, that would shore up Naira against the dollar. Dumb eeeeh!

Dumb as he may be, he has 6000 followers hailing him. People who also reason with their a..us. The Dumbo forgot that Nigeria also receive remittances from Diaspora much more than what MTN and Airtel get. And who will employ the millions who are dependent on these two telecoms companies.

He should also ask Nigerians to avoid Toyota vehicles and buy Innoson. Sorry, Innoson is an Igboman, so no need to suggest that. What about we abandon DSTV and watch NTA only or better still stop buying Total, shell, etc oil, stop drinking Guinness drinks, Unilever products. Infact we should stop going abroad for medical treatment.

How about we ban foreign rice, foreign clothes, and infact bring all Nigerians abroad home including the Economist so that we conserve the Dollars.
I forgot self, foreign airlines should also stop coming to Nigeria. We do not need BA, Emirates, Qatar Air, Ethiopian Airlines, etc because they remit their revenue home. Let us start using only Nigeria Airways. O! Oh! Sorry, that one is moribund, what about Buhari's Air Nigeria?

Such iberibeism can only come from unemploed or underemployed morons parading themselves as political influencers or should we say they are AGIP (Any Govt In Power)

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by JagabanB: 12:16am On Jan 31
He made points, you didn't make any point.
Many of u foIks need to enroll for comprehension classes as well as acquire èmótîonaI intelligence.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by SeeWahala: 12:43am On Jan 31
JagabanB:
Many of u foIks need to enroll for comprehension classes as well as acquire èmótîonaI intelligence.

Oh, so we should stop driving Toyota and drinking Heineken? shocked proforce and ogogoro is better for the economy and naira, right? that's the point your o'mockery made that you're clapping to? undecided

No wonder your name is ajagaba lipsrsealed

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by abhosts(m): 12:58am On Jan 31
Reno is a glorified rabble-rouser who lacks actual substance. So based on his logic, Nigerians with investments in other countries should not repatriate profits back to Nigeria after certain periods. They should simply leave their profits in the overseas countries of investment forever. So investors are now father Christmas? If the Nigerian government makes this their official stance, which foreign investor would be crazy enough to bring their hard earned money to Nigeria?

Furthermore, GLO is not a publicly traded company so they are not obligated to reveal much about their financial structure. How sure is Reno that 100 percent of their revenue stays in Nigeria?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by RepoMan007: 12:58am On Jan 31
Omokri made good points but was too narrow in his illustration and looked like he was out to oppose MTN and Airtel.

OP too made good his point by pointing out the aspect Omokri didn't spell out for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Bobloco: 2:06am On Jan 31
SeeWahala:

Oh, so we should stop driving Toyota and drinking Heineken? shocked proforce and ogogoro is better for the economy and naira, right? that's the point your o'mockery made that you're clapping to? undecided

You shouldn't have bothered responding to that fellow. He is among the 6,000 Dumbo followers.

21 Likes

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Goodvibes007: 4:43am On Jan 31
Blazebond:

You are actually the dumb fool here and by this your childish writing and I can guess that you are 22 to 25 years old,you are so dumb gosh.for the naira to appreciate and remain stable we need to start thinking inwards in production and purchasing,even a 10 year old primary school student knows this and you old clown dont even know it,some of you are so dumb in this forum ehn,you are worst than idiots,so.you expect the naira to grow when all you do is import almost all goods and produce zero to export? You expect the naira to grow when all you export is only natural resources?
Lol.
I gave up when I read some post of some Nairalanders justifying the importation of Brazilian hair, ponmo, toothpick e.t.c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Bigkoko: 5:06am On Jan 31
Na to stop drinking 40 years old wine and concentrate on shepe... hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I don't think Wike will agree....

What about forcing the drug dealer from his current treatment in France, and made to use an Alfa or babalawo concoction...

It's not possible for someone with corn in his back pocket to think correctly..... never you underestimate the consequences of being jobless, lazy and envious at the same time!

The dumbo has no shame in his foolishness, likewise most of the foolish 6000!

SeeWahala:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Tallesty1(m): 5:10am On Jan 31
Blazebond:

You are actually the dumb fool here and by this your childish writing and I can guess that you are 22 to 25 years old,you are so dumb gosh.for the naira to appreciate and remain stable we need to start thinking inwards in production and purchasing,even a 10 year old primary school student knows this and you old clown dont even know it,some of you are so dumb in this forum ehn,you are worst than idiots,so.you expect the naira to grow when all you do is import almost all goods and produce zero to export? You expect the naira to grow when all you export is only natural resources?
Many African countries with less exports than Nigeria have a more stable currency than naira even though they import like us.

Naira is losing value because some people are benefiting from it. Stop the corruption there and watch things change for good.

9 Likes

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Bigkoko: 5:11am On Jan 31
In their foolishness, they forget what they also use!

Asiwaju uses foreign hospitals, leaving the world class ones he built in Lagos and Iragbiji!

Wike fires on 40 year old whiskey.... while we have lots of the ones we make...monkey tail, Agbo, push me I push you, dogo yaro, etc

One advise I will always give anyone, in all you do, make sure you have a job, handwork and life......

Among all the political jobbers in Nigeria space, it's clear this werey is the only one with out a life or job!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by bayelsaowei(m): 5:15am On Jan 31
abhosts:
Reno is a glorified rabble-rouser who lacks actual substance. So based on his logic, Nigerians with investments in other countries should not repatriate profits back to Nigeria after certain periods. They should simply leave their profits in the overseas countries of investment forever. So investors are now father Christmas? If the Nigerian government makes this their official stance, which foreign investor would be crazy enough to bring their hard earned money to Nigeria?

Furthermore, GLO is not a publicly traded company so they are not obligated to reveal much about their financial structure. How sure is Reno that 100 percent of their revenue stays in Nigeria?
you dey mind the idiot...then in the same vein he goes ahead to support dangotes purchase of foreign crude with the scarce FX available in the country..

14 Likes

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by bayelsaowei(m): 5:17am On Jan 31
RepoMan007:
Omokri made good points but was too narrow in his illustration and looked like he was out to oppose MTN and Airtel.

OP too made good his point by pointing out the aspect Omokri didn't spell out for Nigerians.
on one hand we want FDI and then on the other hand we should run away from them...

Instead of the foolish Reno to just hold the Nigerian government accountable for plummeting our economy and the lives of Nigerians he is there speaking like he knows it all..

Useless man.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by fergie001: 5:19am On Jan 31
If we ditch MTN & Airtel, please what happens to their staff vis-a-vis the unemployment state of the Country.

Investing more in Production and Manufacturing will have made more sense, imo.

7 Likes

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by KillahPriest: 5:42am On Jan 31
SeeWahala:

you thought it was a joke when his mentor asked na statistics we go chop ? You can see their level of reasoning and how the economy is faring. As for Reno okoro the satanic pastor, take him serious at your own peril. That slimy verminous rodent will sell anyone who makes the mistake of trusting him for a $10 Amazon gift card so just sit back and watch the unfolding drama coming soon

9 Likes

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Georgry(m): 6:11am On Jan 31
There is something called Capital flight, mtn makes all the money and then repatriate them in dollar to South Africa, while I don't entirely agree with Reno, a lot of people here sound like illiterate and it's so disgusting, this is the same reason a lot of you are are not employable, you know nothing about simple terms like capital flight or inequality in balance of payment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by History555: 6:31am On Jan 31
Millions of Nigerians abroad repatriate over 21 billion dollars, I don't see the countries abroad shouting, mtn repatriate it's profit, some idiots start shouting. Meanwhile they forget that shell, chevron, Mobil, nestle, Unilever, pz, Cadbury, benz, toyota, klm, Emirates, delta Airlines are all foreign companies like mtn. If mtn should be dropped to prop up the naira, then all these multinational, Chinese and Indian companies must also be dropped. Therefore retaliation on Nigerians repatriating their income abroad should be discouraged.

You come my country, make money and send it back to your country, it reach my turn, you say no, lie, lie because you want to prop up naira

1 Like

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by aariwa(m): 6:39am On Jan 31
Validated:
I hear some dumb Economist is asking Nigerians to dump their MTN and Airtel lines and use GLO instead. According to him, that would shore up Naira against the dollar. Dumb eeeeh!

Dumb as he may be, he has 6000 followers hailing him. People who also reason with their a..us. The Dumbo forgot that Nigeria also receive remittances from Diaspora much more than what MTN and Airtel get. And who will employ the millions who are dependent on these two telecoms companies.

He should also ask Nigerians to avoid Toyota vehicles and buy Innoson. Sorry, Innoson is an Igboman, so no need to suggest that. What about we abandon DSTV and watch NTA only or better still stop buying Total, shell, etc oil, stop drinking Guinness drinks, Unilever products. Infact we should stop going abroad for medical treatment.

How about we ban foreign rice, foreign clothes, and infact bring all Nigerians abroad home including the Economist so that we conserve the Dollars.

Such iberibeism can only come from underemployed morons parading themselves as political influencers or should we say they are AGIP (Any Govt In Power)
US have more multi national companies than any other nation and people patronizing and I guess in the opinion of the economist fool you mentioned Nigeria is better and more sensible than America…smh . You don’t have to address everything you see on the internet because those people already know their target audience for their goals…only apc you will find that kind of reasoning. You will never see that kind of reasoning among obedients

1 Like

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Inspirer1: 7:47am On Jan 31
Actually I marvel at campaigns of not patronising company products situated in Nigeria where probably like 80 or 90 percent of their staff are mostly Nigerians.
If such fold up, ain't we increasing the jumper of unemployed in the country.

What we should preach is for such foreign owned companies to be appropriately taxed.

Likewise to those saying we consume foreign yen yen yen nonsense, they should come out to list 10 to 15 commonly consumed foreign food/items by 90 % of ordinary Nigerians that could warrant such daily negative impact on the Naira.

I wish the OP can remove the word 'dumb' or any insulting word to allow fair contributions to his post.
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Seunpapa65: 7:54am On Jan 31
Bigkoko:
Na to stop drinking 40 years old wine and concentrate on shepe... hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I don't think Wike will agree....

What about forcing the drug dealer from his current treatment in France, and made to use an Alfa or babalawo concoction...

It's not possible for someone with corn in his back pocket to think correctly..... never you underestimate the consequences of being jobless, lazy and envious at the same time!

The dumbo has no shame in his foolishness, likewise most of the foolish 6000!

You made me laugh real hard ahh my belle ooo
Chai what type of minister should Reno be given the guy deserves better grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by History555: 7:55am On Jan 31
bayelsaowei:
on one hand we want FDI and then on the other hand we should run away from them...

Instead of the foolish Reno to just hold the Nigerian government accountable for plummeting our economy and the lives of Nigerians he is there speaking like he knows it all..

Useless man.

I tire for these kind of people. As if the foreign investors they are looking for will not repatriate their profits
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by mrvitalis(m): 8:04am On Jan 31
JagabanB:
Reno made no point.. He lacks basic understanding of economics

Nigerians import has never been our problem

Lack of export is

1 Like

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Bigkoko: 8:18am On Jan 31
Baba wetin you want make i talk na?

Seunpapa65:

You made me laugh real hard ahh my belle ooo
Chai what type of minister should Reno be given the guy deserves better grin cheesy
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Bigkoko: 8:19am On Jan 31
Efcc raided Dangote office. Then Asiwaju got a call, our busy body, too much grammar Efcc boss backed off. You see I like Asiwaju for one thing, he could be stubborn at times..... that's if there's nothing to lose, but he has something to loose: 2027. So I don't expect him to apply more pressure. Dangote is bigger than Asiwaju. Truth be told, Asiwaju really wants to help but the people behind all these are big and have something to make him carve.

Back to oga Dangote.
Few years ago, Dangote was broke and cash strapped. Western lenders won't talk to him. Buhari was not too ok because rescuing a big rich man comes with unintended consequences... your local currency will go! Dangote handlers sold Emefiele and Buhari a dummy; a Nigerian -Dangote JV. All hogwash. That's for another day though!

Dangote is not off himself, he's tied, like most people who make their money through Deals with Bretton Woods institutions, to agreements he has no option but to follow through.

One of such agreements is ditching the Nigerian crude, with less logistic palaver for American crude with lots of logistics nightmare for a subsaharan country.

But one thing most people, especially the badly educated ones, the political jobbers and those with corn in their back pocket, refused to see is that Dangote is the most dangerous Nigerian alive, not politically or sectarianly but economically. These are my reasons.

1. CBN gov Emefiele & Buhari funded a broke Dangote with our FX reserves when western lenders won't cut him a slack. They even tried to destroyed him with a flimsy bitch in a hotel. Buhari & Emefiele sallied to the rescue. Wrong move. With more than $2 billion dollars cash, they rescued him. $2B for a project that would not impact sufficiently? Common...our leaders are dumb! $2B spread to 5000 smes would make Nigeria give India a hot Chase! Let's assume 50% of the $2B were stolen as usual, $1B in the right hands of local businesses will do a healthy economic revamp!
What should be preferred? $2b for one project that would employ less than 1,000 persons, most of them sourced from India or $2b for 5000 smes with capacity to employ at least 5 directly. Numbers is everything! Well, they foolishly gave him access to our reserves, and Naira took a dip.

2. Dangote, Emefiele and Buhari knew all along that there's no crude oil to give Dangote....80% of crude production is tied to loans already collected, stolen or misapplied... They knew Dangote will have to source from abroad.... this is where it gets really dangerous for the local economy and people. Dangote will buy crude from the US in dollars, and Dangote will refine the crude in Nigeria and sell in Naira. After selling in Naira where will Dangote get USD to buy next batch of crude oil? Sorry bruh.... Dollar is going to 2500ngn Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Sense no go kill Bigkoko hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Asiwaju knows this, that's why he initially authorized a raid on his Lagos office. But Dangote handler's get mouth pass Asiwaju!

Govt & black market people will have to keep at least $5b monthly for Dangote to meet up on his payment in exchange to the naira you guys would bring to buy PMs. sometimes you will be forced to save a useless entity because of how big it is and who has mouth in it! That's Dangote issue!

By his decision to buy crude from US, perish any hope of the naira recovering. Even dumb Buhari know that if you float your currency, you are toast!

mrvitalis:

Reno made no point.. He lacks basic understanding of economics

Nigerians import has never been our problem

Lack of export is

1 Like

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by mrvitalis(m): 8:29am On Jan 31
Bigkoko:
Efcc raided Dangote office. Then Asiwaju got a call, our busy body, too much grammar Efcc boss backed off. You see I like Asiwaju for one thing, he could be stubborn at times..... that's if there's nothing to lose, but he has something to loose: 2027. So I don't expect him to apply more pressure. Dangote is bigger than Asiwaju. Truth be told, Asiwaju really wants to help but the people behind all these are big and have something to make him carve.

Back to oga Dangote.
Few years ago, Dangote was broke and cash strapped. Western lenders won't talk to him. Buhari was not too ok because rescuing a big rich man comes with unintended consequences... your local currency will go! Dangote handlers sold Emefiele and Buhari a dummy; a Nigerian -Dangote JV. All hogwash. That's for another day though!

Dangote is not off himself, he's tied, like most people who make their money through Deals with Bretton Woods institutions, to agreements he has no option but to follow through.

One of such agreements is ditching the Nigerian crude, with less logistic palaver for American crude with lots of logistics nightmare for a subsaharan country.

But one thing most people, especially the badly educated ones, the political jobbers and those with corn in their back pocket, refused to see is that Dangote is the most dangerous Nigerian alive, not politically or sectarianly but economically. These are my reasons.

1. CBN gov Emefiele & Buhari funded a broke Dangote with our FX reserves when western lenders won't cut him a slack. They even tried to destroyed him with a flimsy bitch in a hotel. Buhari & Emefiele sallied to the rescue. Wrong move. With more than $2 billion dollars cash, they rescued him. $2B for a project that would not impact sufficiently? Common...our leaders are dumb! $2B spread to 5000 smes would make Nigeria give India a hot Chase! Let's assume 50% of the $2B were stolen as usual, $1B in the right hands of local businesses will do a healthy economic revamp!
What should be preferred? $2b for one project that would employ less than 1,000 persons, most of them sourced from India or $2b for 5000 smes with capacity to employ at least 5 directly. Numbers is everything! Well, they foolishly gave him access to our reserves, and Naira took a dip.

2. Dangote, Emefiele and Buhari knew all along that there's no crude oil to give Dangote....80% of crude production is tied to loans already collected, stolen or misapplied... They knew Dangote will have to source from abroad.... this is where it gets really dangerous for the local economy and people. Dangote will buy crude from the US in dollars, and Dangote will refine the crude in Nigeria and sell in Naira. After selling in Naira where will Dangote get USD to buy next batch of crude oil? Sorry bruh.... Dollar is going to 2500ngn Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Sense no go kill Bigkoko hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Asiwaju knows this, that's why he initially authorized a raid on his Lagos office. But Dangote handler's get mouth pass Asiwaju!

Govt & black market people will have to keep at least $5b monthly for Dangote to meet up on his payment in exchange to the naira you guys would bring to buy PMs. sometimes you will be forced to save a useless entity because of how big it is and who has mouth in it! That's Dangote issue!

By his decision to buy crude from US, perish any hope of the naira recovering. Even dumb Buhari know that if you float your currency, you are toast!

Bros this Rubbish you wrote up there is for APC WhatsApp group not someone who is grounded in economics like me

Was it dangote to ask Tinubu to remove subsidy like a kid? Then reverse and started paying far more subsidy through nnpc taking massive loss?

Was it dangote to that told Tinubu to float the naira and not even guard it till it stabilize before allowing market forces to take over?

Tinubu is a failure u can't spin it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Splashme: 8:37am On Jan 31
JagabanB:

Oga, which points did Reno make?

Everyday, governments at different levels are talking about foreign investments ... and today, one busy body man comes to tell you to shun MTN ... laughable!

1) Does Reno know the amount of money FG & States make from MTN?

2) What about the millions of Nigerians employed one way or the other by MTN?

3) What about the 'technology transfer' enabled by MTN in the Nigerian telecom sector?

4) Nigeria would probably have had the worst telecom sector in West Africa if not for MTN. Truth is that, Glo services are poor.

2 Likes

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by Bigkoko: 8:39am On Jan 31
No....this is beyond APC LP Igbo Yoruba Fulani.
I'm not a fan of Asiwaju. Asiwaju didn't have all the details when he made that decision.... He now has all the details! Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I think it was an innocent mistake.

We must not allow our difference make us punish our opponent more than enough or in ways that would affect us too!

Nigeria has only two options:

Frustrate Dangote so that the Naira can breath or break it loans commitment and give Dangote crude!
Because refined products importation is the biggest export of our USD!

mrvitalis:

Bros this Rubbish you wrote up there is for APC WhatsApp group not someone who is grounded in economics like me

Was it dangote to ask Tinubu to remove subsidy like a kid? Then reverse and started paying far more subsidy through nnpc taking massive loss?

Was it dangote to that told Tinubu to float the naira and not even guard it till it stabilize before allowing market forces to take over?

Tinubu is a failure u can't spin it

1 Like

Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by NextAbuja: 9:03am On Jan 31
This is what happens when you have a coward as a father. A father who ruined the life of his child with cowardice such a shame.

You heard a comment from your fellow man n instead of replying him there n then you cowardly crave into you NL cocoon to be vomiting rubbish all to prove you'd rather perish of inherited of cowardice than be a man with honour who confront his adversaries.

Such a shame !

Validated:

Such iberibeism can only come from underemployed morons parading themselves as political influencers or should we say they are AGIP (Any Govt In Power)
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by SisterAnn(f): 9:05am On Jan 31
Tallesty1:
Many African countries with less exports than Nigeria have a more stable currency than naira even though they import like us.

Naira is losing value because some people are benefiting from it. Stop the corruption there and watch things change for good.
True!
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by APCNig: 9:05am On Jan 31
Validated:

Cry oooooo, weep ooooooo, wail ooooooo

Emilokan Asiwaju Tinubu Jagaban is President till 2031
Re: A Dumb Economist And His 6000 Followers by mrvitalis(m): 9:31am On Jan 31
Bigkoko:
No....this is beyond APC LP Igbo Yoruba Fulani.
I'm not a fan of Asiwaju. Asiwaju didn't have all the details when he made that decision.... He now has all the details! Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I think it was an innocent mistake.

We must not allow our difference make us punish our opponent more than enough or in ways that would affect us too!

Nigeria has only two options:

Frustrate Dangote so that the Naira can breath or break it loans commitment and give Dangote crude!
Because refined products importation is the biggest export of our USD!

He didn't have all the details ? What type of details does he need

You are in the same party with the incumbent, you had 3 months to assume office and you saying he didn't have all the details?

Now that he has the information why hasn't he made the correct move

Even me without a single position have all the information needed to formulate the economic frame work

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Companies In South Africa / Obong Calabar Is Dead / Ijagun Tai Solarin, Art Scholars Put Obscure Ijebu Village On World Map

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.