Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? (1779 Views)

What Might Happen To Nigeria Currency After Subsidy Removal? / Naira Redesigning: 10 Changes Made To Nigeria’s Currency Since Independence / Katsina Abduction: Shekau May Ask For Prisoner Swap, Ransom – Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by joelbooks: 4:00pm On Jan 31
If I may ask, is Nigeria currency Dollar?

When there is so much noise on someone else's currency? All of a sudden the whole of Nigeria need dollar.

https://twitter.com/MoraOgo/status/1752352188385337407

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by chopnaira: 4:02pm On Jan 31
Lol. My parents always ask that I send dollars to their domiciliary account instead of naira. I will be sending dollars today like I do every month end.

I don't know if dollars are used in buying tomatoes and pepper at the market.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Amotolongbo(f): 4:02pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

When there is so much noise on someone else's currency? All of a sudden the whole of Nigeria need dollar.

If I may ask, are your basic needs manufactured in Nigeria?
If they are, are the tools and equipments used in manufacturing the basic needs produced in Nigeria?
Are the fuel used for the manufacturing and transporting them refined in Nigeria?

33 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Kennyswag: 4:04pm On Jan 31
I tire.
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by abhosts(m): 4:08pm On Jan 31
As a serial entrepreneur, I know your type. Na your type go dey blame business owners for increasing price of goods and services regularly instead of the government that is responsible for Nigeria's ever weakening currency.

Try and use Naira to import the phone you used to type this message and let us know how it turns out. I am sure the exporter in China, Japan or South Korea would be glad to collect Naira from you.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by jmoore(m): 4:08pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

Your phone is from where?

Your cooking gas is from where?

Only a primary 3 kid should be asking what you are asking.

26 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by APCNig: 4:14pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

Nigeria's currency is not dollars. However Nigerians do not like goods produced in Nigeria, most of the things we use in Nigeria are imported up till pencils, matches, and even tooth picks. These items are bought abroad in dollars.

12 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Bobloco: 4:14pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

If I may ask, do you manufacture must of the things you use

3 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by APCNig: 4:16pm On Jan 31
Amotolongbo:

YES, our basic needs are manufactured in Nigeria, but you and I will never buy Nigeria made, instead, we will buy imported ones bought in dollars. Na you and I dey suffer am

5 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by jmoore(m): 4:19pm On Jan 31
APCNig:

YES, our basic needs are manufactured in Nigeria, but you and I will never buy Nigeria made, instead, we will buy imported ones bought in dollars. Na you and I dey suffer am
You dey buy made in Nigeria petrol?

11 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by opamoses1: 4:20pm On Jan 31
APCNig:

Nigeria's currency is not dollars. However Nigerians do not like goods produced in Nigeria, most of the things we use in Nigeria are imported up till pencils, matches, and even tooth picks. These items are bought abroad in dollars.
Even ponmo is now being imported. What do you need to manufacture ponmo? I remember when I use to make my own ponmo at home. Nowadays, some people are importing it. Complete madness.

2 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by T8ksy(m): 4:20pm On Jan 31
jmoore:

Only a primary 3 kid should be asking what you are asking.

Honestly!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by honestivo(m): 4:28pm On Jan 31
Our politicians has made dollars our currency against our Naira
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Nbote(m): 4:33pm On Jan 31
abhosts:
As a serial entrepreneur, I know your type. Na your type go dey blame business owners for increasing price of goods and services regularly instead of the government that is responsible for Nigeria's weak currency.

Try and use Naira to import the phone you used to type this message and let us know how it turns out. I am sure the exporter in China, Japan or South Korea would be glad to collect Naira from you.

Exactly. They just sit behind their keyboards to type nonsense and pretend like we aren't an import dependent nation. They gaslight U into believing the ordinary Nigerian is responsible because according to them "we import everything" but the government imports every Petroleum product used in this country, collect loans in USD while using the crude oil that we are supposed to earn with as leverage

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by chopnaira: 4:34pm On Jan 31
honestivo:
Our politicians has made dollars our currency against our Naira
Even the politicians need dollars to buy homes in Dubai, London, Texas e.t.c

1 Like

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by commoditiesnig: 4:46pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

me sef tire o.. Lol
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by being(m): 4:49pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

You and ur quote are comical characters.
Noise about $ u say? Even the raw materials used by innoson,by Guinness and the few local manufacturers, are they not imported with Fx?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Never4getU: 4:50pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

If u have dollar u have plenty naira na dó u garit
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by phonexpert: 4:53pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

12 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Mindlog: 4:54pm On Jan 31
Nigeria is an import-dependent Country thus the exchange rate affects almost everything, locally.

9 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Righthussle: 4:54pm On Jan 31
Amotolongbo:

👍👍👍
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by GarkiAccessory(m): 5:08pm On Jan 31
Great
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by SeeWahala: 5:08pm On Jan 31
Kennyswag:
the only people who are more concerned about dollar are igbos as importation is the only thing they know how to do.

And pray tell us what it is that your own tribe know how to do best?

Please don't say politics or skull mining because many of your fellow tribesmen will exit the group chat undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Dvdpity: 5:10pm On Jan 31
Op, you are Very stupid to ask such questions, even the phone and television are all sold in dollar equivalent. Muppets. Op, fooling in elephantine proportion.

6 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Kennyswag: 5:13pm On Jan 31
opamoses1:

Even ponmo is now being imported. What do you need to manufacture ponmo? I remember when I use to make my own ponmo at home. Nowadays, some people are importing it. Complete madness.
people who import furniture. The same furniture that is made by roadside carpenters.
total madness.
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Kennyswag: 5:24pm On Jan 31
SeeWahala:

And pray tell us what it is that your own tribe know how to do best?

Please don't say politics or skull mining because many of your fellow tribesmen will exit the group chat undecided
have you wondered why you guys are maltreated in Ghana and other African countries? Because they know you guys have nothing to offer apart from your usual 2x2 shop business that is based on 100% importation.

1 Like

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by 9jatriot(m): 5:40pm On Jan 31
Over 100 million of unproductive people proudly beating their chest and calling their self an import dependent nation. Shame non even de catch us as a people.

I will keep saying it. China will give an arm and a leg to have this kind of exchange rate. Just go to Alibaba dot com, and see the number of companies there trying to export one thing or the other.
Some of the folks who talk to customers are less than 25 years, yet one so called giant of Africa has a mass population of unproductive people who constantly beat their chest with pride that they are an import dependent nation, something they should be whispering with big shame.

With an exchange rate like this, an export dependent country will wish it never comes down.
Nbote:

Exactly. They just sit behind their keyboards to type nonsense and pretend like we aren't an import dependent nation. They gaslight U into believing the ordinary Nigerian is responsible because according to them "we import everything" but the government imports every Petroleum product used in this country, collect loans in USD while using the crude oil that we are supposed to earn with as leverage

2 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by jmoore(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31
We spend most of our forex to import Petroleum products.

Toothpick is not our problem.

Are we still exporting palm oil? A political will can actually make Nigeria to export many things, which will make our balance of trade better.

1 Like

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by LadyRosa2(f): 5:50pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

Lol.
Yet you APC SHIT RETARDS USED IT TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST JONATHAN when it was just 216.

Blaaaaaaady fools.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Floky215: 5:54pm On Jan 31
abhosts:
As a serial entrepreneur, I know your type. Na your type go dey blame business owners for increasing price of goods and services regularly instead of the government that is responsible for Nigeria's ever weakening currency.

Why bothering with the guy..?
When you see a motor park tout comment, you should know..!!

They obviously don't know damages been done by their god until stones come crashing on their head..!!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okonjo Iweala: I keep receiving toxic calls and messages / Ogun State Politics ! Show Of Might, Yewa Awori People / The World's First 'space Hotel' (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.